Official 2014 Vizio Exxx-Bx Series owners thread - Page 115 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #3421 of 3439 Unread 02-17-2015, 06:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm pretty sure the only ways are to return/replace the TV, replace some internals, or don't bother with it. I went with option 3. All the rest of my settings stay and I am happy with the picture in its current state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 3439 Unread 02-17-2015, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The 11pt settings not saving has been an issue since the old firmware, yet is a less discussed issue. Subsequent updates failed to fix it - I'm not sure it's even on Vizio's radar - and the customer service suggested fix was to have a tech come out and replace hardware. Combine this with new updates breaking old functionality, Vizio's inconsistency in owning up to the bad updates, suggesting hardware fixes for software issues (which is ridiculous IMO)....it gave me no confidence that any of this would ever be resolved and even though I didn't have any issues with 1.6 like others do, in the end I just had to get rid of it.

No matter how big or small a deal you feel the 11pt settings are, just the fact that you can't save picture settings on this thing without replacing a board - and even then it's a crap shoot - just rubs me the wrong way. That's the most basic of functions and if Vizio can't get that right I'd hate to see how they handle a major catastrophe. I like what they're doing - driving costs down and forcing the competition's hand by implementing features you see on high end TVs into affordable ones. I will always keep an eye on what they're doing but won't buy another one until I've been assured the post-purchase end of things has been fixed.

Last edited by aerodynamics; 02-17-2015 at 12:32 PM.
post #3423 of 3439 Unread 02-17-2015, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Guys,

I recently bought an E600i-B3 with 1.34 firmware. I haven't connected it to the internet because I am afraid it will auto download the defective 1.6 firmware. Has the defective update been taken down and am I okay to connect to the internet?
post #3424 of 3439 Unread 02-17-2015, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've read on here that 1.6 has been pulled, plus I've had mine connected to the internet for 3 weeks and still no update.
post #3425 of 3439 Unread 02-17-2015, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just switched from a Samsung UN60H6350 to a Vizio E600i-b3. I ended up exchanging it because I felt that the $1,100 wasn't justified in what I was seeing on the screen. Sure, it looked good, but not for that price. After calibration, I see no difference between the 2, so I'm happy with my Vizio 60" E Series. I'm not hooking it up to the Internet because I use a Roku 3 for my streaming needs, and to dodge the latest firmware fiasco I've read about. I don't use the local dimming feature, mostly because it isn't helping the PQ any. Interpolation is ridiculous in my opinion, so not having it is no big deal. Overall, I really enjoy it. Coming from a 2012 LG 47LS4500 with a terrible IPS screen, this E series is a few steps above. For the $800 I spent, I don't think I could have done much better.
post #3426 of 3439 Unread 02-19-2015, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop99 View Post
I've read on here that 1.6 has been pulled, plus I've had mine connected to the internet for 3 weeks and still no update.
Assuming 1.6 has been pulled, does anyone think restoring the television to it's default factory settings will rollback the firmware to the original version on the TV when I bought it? Sick of the Active LED zones issues...
post #3427 of 3439 Unread 02-19-2015, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_shackleford View Post
Assuming 1.6 has been pulled, does anyone think restoring the television to it's default factory settings will rollback the firmware to the original version on the TV when I bought it? Sick of the Active LED zones issues...
It won't
post #3428 of 3439 Unread 02-19-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
It won't
Has anyone received any kind of time frame for the fix to 1.60? I've been offered a refund, but I have been holding out to see if the next firmware update will fix the issues. However, that window closes the first week of March. At that point I have to go through the whole process again.
post #3429 of 3439 Unread 02-21-2015, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Any difference between E500i-B1 and E550i-B2 other than the size?

Thanks!
post #3430 of 3439 Unread 02-23-2015, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
So, I know the P series auto registers when you set it up but the E series I have didn't ask for that info. How do I get firmware updates then?
post #3431 of 3439 Unread 02-23-2015, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by drock2k1 View Post
So, I know the P series auto registers when you set it up but the E series I have didn't ask for that info. How do I get firmware updates then?
If your TV is connected to the internet you will get them automatically when available.
post #3432 of 3439 Unread 02-23-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
If your TV is connected to the internet you will get them automatically when available.
Awesome thanks. Curious, anyone else have a tough time dialing in white whites? I have tried some of the suggested settings here but most of my whites look yellow. I know that CAN be white as vivid has blinding whites.
post #3433 of 3439 Unread 02-24-2015, 12:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by drock2k1 View Post
Awesome thanks. Curious, anyone else have a tough time dialing in white whites? I have tried some of the suggested settings here but most of my whites look yellow. I know that CAN be white as vivid has blinding whites.

Vivid most often has blue push in the whites. This makes it seem more white but is actually not. Without a meter you will have a tough time "dialing in" true white, but with some basic settings and a settings disc you can get closer than the standard factory presets. Also, most people not used to accurate whites seem to think they look "yellow/red" because they are so used to blue whites. Remember what you like and what is accurate are not always the same thing. What you may want to do is pick a mode/color temp and adjust to your preference, it may not be accurate, but if you're happy that matters little.

Sent from nowhere
post #3434 of 3439 Unread 02-24-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Vivid most often has blue push in the whites. This makes it seem more white but is actually not. Without a meter you will have a tough time "dialing in" true white, but with some basic settings and a settings disc you can get closer than the standard factory presets. Also, most people not used to accurate whites seem to think they look "yellow/red" because they are so used to blue whites. Remember what you like and what is accurate are not always the same thing. What you may want to do is pick a mode/color temp and adjust to your preference, it may not be accurate, but if you're happy that matters little.

Sent from nowhere
I should have stated that the whites on vivid look unnaturally white. I just switched to vivid to see if there was any setting that had whiter whites. The odd thing is the color looks fine on BluRay but on Direct TV not so much. The same feed looked great on the P series and honestly still looks better on my 32 Samsung LCD. I should have a calibration disc arriving tomorrow so I am going to see what I can do with that.

Also, there is a tremendous amount of bloom on any content except BluRay...hmmm

E60 B3 Firmware 1.4 something

Last edited by drock2k1; 02-24-2015 at 08:32 AM.
post #3435 of 3439 Unread 02-27-2015, 07:31 PM

I just got off live chat with vizio. I've been having the tv shut off by itself lately and it's starting to wear on me. The tv is great besides that, and the fact since 1.60 i have to shut on and off the Auto zone dimming manually upon turning it on for it to work. It's always set to off when i turn it on but it's not really off. I have to go in every time and turn it on and back off again. Such a good tv but has stupid quirks
post #3436 of 3439 Unread Yesterday, 07:10 PM

I have this tv pared with my Yamaha RX-V377 receiver. I can't make the receiver power on/off the TV or vice versa. Is this possible?
post #3437 of 3439 Unread Yesterday, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steponme View Post
I have this tv pared with my Yamaha RX-V377 receiver. I can't make the receiver power on/off the TV or vice versa. Is this possible?
Ok I fixed this. Apparently I had an HDMI cable that didn't support ARC. Only issue now is my receiver does not automatically switch to AV4 audio when using amazon/netflix via the tv. Not sure if this is doable.

Is there a way to remove the Audio System volume that vizio displays when using the volume keys? I'd rather see my yamaha's dB level only instead of both....
post #3438 of 3439 Unread Yesterday, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steponme View Post
Ok I fixed this. Apparently I had an HDMI cable that didn't support ARC. Only issue now is my receiver does not automatically switch to AV4 audio when using amazon/netflix via the tv. Not sure if this is doable.

Is there a way to remove the Audio System volume that vizio displays when using the volume keys? I'd rather see my yamaha's dB level only instead of both....
I'm an idiot. Had the tv speakers on and that was the issue with the Audio System Volume display.

Last issue, getting arc to auto switch my receiver input when I play netflix/amazon video from the vizio smart tv app.
post #3439 of 3439 Unread Today, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Anyone know if there is a difference in image or sound quality for the E241i-B1 (smart version) vs E241-B1?
Anyone know the input lag on either of these 24"ers?

Thanks.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
vizio e 600-b3 , Vizio E Series E401i A2 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lit Internet Hdtv , vizio m series m602i-b3
Gear in this thread - E401i by PriceGrabber.com