Official 2014 Vizio Exxx-Bx Series owners thread - Page 116 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #3451 of 3474 Old 03-12-2015, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by voo_doo View Post
Thinking of getting a E400i-B2. Does the USB port provide power? Thinking of using usb powered speakers.
Yes. All USB ports are 5V, the only thing that may differ is the amperage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3452 of 3474 Old 03-13-2015, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've had this TV for a while now (E700i-B3) and I would say pretty resoundingly DO NOT BUY. There have been just too many issues with the firmware and software for a TV of this price and there are other options out there that will just work out of the box. I also was a victim of the crazy 1.6 firmware update screwing with Active LED and auto brightness. I was rolled the new firmware update back in November I believe and after 5 months of a partially functional TV and no promise date for a firmware update, I went to the BBB to get resolution. Vizio sent out a tech to install a board with 1.3 firmware on it, which fixed the active LED problems. Haven't had a chance to put in custom settings so hopefully I won't have the 11pt issue. The TV would be pretty great if they had any clue how to design firmware but they don't and the support for their garbage firmware is garbage. DO NOT BUY 2014 E SERIES TVS FROM VIZIO.
post #3453 of 3474 Old 03-13-2015, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by voo_doo View Post
Thinking of getting a E400i-B2. Does the USB port provide power? Thinking of using usb powered speakers.
WHY?!?!?!?!

The 2015 E40-C2 model is out as the 2014 model is going going gone. It has better clear action, and number of colors. Was at the costco.com for 339 bucks.
post #3454 of 3474 Old 03-13-2015, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenex View Post
WHY?!?!?!?!

The 2015 E40-C2 model is out as the 2014 model is going going gone. It has better clear action, and number of colors. Was at the costco.com for 339 bucks.
Would happily buy the newer model, but I'm in Canada and I haven't been able to find it here. With the current exchange rate and the import duties, it would end up costing over $500 CAD, which is about the same cost as buying a kdl 40W600 here. There are refurbed/openbox 2014 models here for just over $200.
post #3455 of 3474 Old 03-14-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenex View Post
WHY?!?!?!?!

I noticed the new E series models have 240 Clear Action. Does that mean these 2015 E series sets are likely native 120hz now? If so, I think I might pick up the E50-C1 when it drops.
post #3456 of 3474 Old 03-14-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_George View Post
I noticed the new E series models have 240 Clear Action. Does that mean these 2015 E series sets are likely native 120hz now? If so, I think I might pick up the E50-C1 when it drops.
I am going to say yes, but I am not 100% sure and NO reviews have come out so I do not know how much better a 2015 model is over the 2014 one...

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E50-C1-5...keywords=vizio

Amazon.com does list the 50" E50-C1 model for you..
post #3457 of 3474 Old 03-15-2015, 07:58 AM

Well Vizio.com has listed 3 more 2015 TV sets....

A 24" D model....

http://www.vizio.com/tvs/d24hc1.html

A 32" D model

http://www.vizio.com/tvs/d32hc1.html

A 43" D Model

http://www.vizio.com/tvs/d43c1.html

WHY Vizio Why!?!?!?! All three TV's have crappy specs....
post #3458 of 3474 Old 03-15-2015, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Only two HDMI inputs -- and they say that's "perfect??"

If Vizio is going to put only 2 HDMI inputs on some of these new models, which just isn't enough these days for so many reasons, why would they go so far as to keep saying, "perfect for connecting all your high definition entertainment devices to the TV." All??? With only two inputs?

Cable/DVR, Gaming, BluRay/DVD... already you have more than two obvious, typical devices. And there are many more potential sources you may want to add by HDMI... Roku/Streaming, Home Automation, Portable Source (like a video camera), etc.

Fair enough if you're going to cheap out, then at least sell a sound bar with 3-4 HDMI inputs and a switch... and stop saying that only 2 is "perfect." That's just stupid.

</rant>
post #3459 of 3474 Old 03-16-2015, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbearfan View Post
If Vizio is going to put only 2 HDMI inputs on some of these new models, which just isn't enough these days for so many reasons, why would they go so far as to keep saying, "perfect for connecting all your high definition entertainment devices to the TV." All??? With only two inputs?

Cable/DVR, Gaming, BluRay/DVD... already you have more than two obvious, typical devices. And there are many more potential sources you may want to add by HDMI... Roku/Streaming, Home Automation, Portable Source (like a video camera), etc.

Fair enough if you're going to cheap out, then at least sell a sound bar with 3-4 HDMI inputs and a switch... and stop saying that only 2 is "perfect." That's just stupid.

</rant>
My AVR has 8 HDMI and 6 of them are in use, so I only need 1 on the TV. So 2 without AVR would be a joke
post #3460 of 3474 Old 03-16-2015, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgcss View Post
My AVR has 8 HDMI and 6 of them are in use, so I only need 1 on the TV. So 2 without AVR would be a joke
Exactly... it's a joke in particular b/c they say it's perfect for ALL your needs. I need a TV in a place where I don't have an AVR (just a soundbar), so it's either a TV with at least 3 HDMI inputs, an external switch (pain in the ass), or a soundbar that switches... which today has other implications on price/product options.

It is what it is with Vizio -- I just find their product marketing on this point to be ridiculous.
post #3461 of 3474 Old 03-17-2015, 04:07 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbearfan View Post
Exactly... it's a joke in particular b/c they say it's perfect for ALL your needs. I need a TV in a place where I don't have an AVR (just a soundbar), so it's either a TV with at least 3 HDMI inputs, an external switch (pain in the ass), or a soundbar that switches... which today has other implications on price/product options.

It is what it is with Vizio -- I just find their product marketing on this point to be ridiculous.
Would you like some cheese with your whine?

It's generalized marketing statement. It's not a statement for your specific circumstace. At the end of the day, Vizio makes very affordable TVs (hundreds less than competitors) with equal or better picture quality than competitors.

The specs are published with the marketing statement. If the specs don't meet your needs ... Look for a different brand. If the price is too high on the other brands, then that's the trade-off that you have to live with.

When i was 10 years old I stopped paying attention to marketing when i realized Big Macs don't look as the same as the picture, and when my toys didn't do the same crazy s**t as the commercials showed.

</rant>

Last edited by JonnyVee; 03-19-2015 at 03:58 AM.
post #3462 of 3474 Old 03-17-2015, 04:31 PM

Interesting issue that I'm having. My yahama rx377 receiver is running great with the vizio. Even got ARC working for the smart feature sounds to come through my surround. XBMC, Chromecast & PS3 are the devices I have connected. All work great with CEC and the vizio remote can control all of them and shut them off.

I have one small annoying issue. When using the Vizio remote to change inputs I see XBMC, Chromecast and PS3. Xbmc works as it should. However, the input labeled chromecast on the tv also switches the receiver input to XBMC and the input labeled PS3 switches the receiver to the chromecast. I've moved the chromecast & PS3 cables on the receiver and get the same results. Powering on the PS3 will switch the receiver correctly to the PS3. Casting a video will switch the receiver correctly to the Chromecast. Just weird Vizio input results with CEC and my receiver. Weird.
post #3463 of 3474 Old 03-18-2015, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 371
post #3464 of 3474 Old 03-18-2015, 07:34 AM

Does anyone have specific calibration settings for the e700i-b3?

I tried using Iceblast's and they seemed really off sometimes on sportscenter and such. I watch a lot of sports, play PS4 games and movies, and watch netflix.

I can't find a calibration setting I'm happy with, and for some reason, sometimes when I turn the TV on it switches back to a different picture mode. I don't understand why. I also swear I see flicker even with active LED zones, smooth motion, blur reduction, signal and black noise all set to OFF. Also, when I switch inputs my custom picture modes aren't listed - so if I do any advanced color editing I can't access them on my other devices without doing them ALL OVER again.
post #3465 of 3474 Old 03-18-2015, 07:47 PM

I've got the 60" version and tried all kinds on calibration settings that people posted. I was never really happy with any of them. I have an old calibration disc and used that. I'm much happier with the settings after a run through the disc. Secondly, I was having the same issue with the picture mode switching to standard mode. I did a reset and its been fine since.
post #3466 of 3474 Old 03-18-2015, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyiee View Post
Does anyone have specific calibration settings for the e700i-b3?

I tried using Iceblast's and they seemed really off sometimes on sportscenter and such. I watch a lot of sports, play PS4 games and movies, and watch netflix.

I can't find a calibration setting I'm happy with, and for some reason, sometimes when I turn the TV on it switches back to a different picture mode. I don't understand why. I also swear I see flicker even with active LED zones, smooth motion, blur reduction, signal and black noise all set to OFF. Also, when I switch inputs my custom picture modes aren't listed - so if I do any advanced color editing I can't access them on my other devices without doing them ALL OVER again.
On the 1.3x firmware, your custom cals were unique to each input, including web apps. I suspect that's what's going on with your set. If/when you get the update, your custom cals will be shared by all inputs.

Using someone's calibration settings is hit and miss. You'll get the best results by calibrating your set under your lighting conditions.

Vizio M652i-B2....................HCFR 3.1.6
Vizio E600i-B3.....................i1 Display Pro
Sharp LC-70C8470U............ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2
Onkyo TX-SR606.................AVSHD-709
PS-3
Homegrown HTPC
post #3467 of 3474 Old 03-19-2015, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Best Picture settings for a Vizio E420-B1 Please!

I bought my mother a Vizio E420-B1 for her birthday from Target a few months ago. The picture settings out of the box were fine, but not great. I would like to optimize the viewing experience for my mother by providing her with the optimal picture settings for this particular TV. I have a Vizio myself, and, with the help of this community, I was able to find the optimal picture settings for my TV. Ergo, I have come back to this community to get help on some recommended picture settings for the Vizio E420-B1. I have searched the internet and have only been able to finds settings for the "smart" version of this TV. Could someone please suggest optimized settings for this TV please! Thank you in advance!
post #3468 of 3474 Old 03-19-2015, 04:58 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

I've got my fingers crossed that this will correct the problem with not saving 11-Point White Balance settings as well. Can anyone that has had this issue, as this update rolls out, confirm whether or not those settings are now being saved properly?
post #3469 of 3474 Old 03-21-2015, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk201 View Post
Is anyone else having issues with a bright halo effect around the edges of the screen? You can really see it when the TV is black and in shows with darker scenes. This is actually my 2nd Vizio E500. I returned the 1st one because of this and the new one has the same problem. Any way to correct this? I attached a picture.
Dude I had that exact problem. Not sure what caused it but it slowly disappeared over normal usage. Are you still seeing it?
post #3470 of 3474 Old 03-21-2015, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron_Kane View Post
I have officially finished all 105 pages of this thread and spent countless hours on google only to find a single set of calibration settings for the e500i model. The settings were decent but I'm hoping by now that someone more talented than myself has come up with some professional grade numbers I can work off of. The image quality on this set is pretty spectacular for the price and I want to make sure Im getting it to its FULLEST potential!

Thanks ahead of time for anyone that can help out here.
I myself will continue to tweek with my limited skill set and post some numbers from my set as well.
I ended up using the Disney Wow disc and got the best picture I could without paying for a calibration. Am I 100% satisfied? Not really. But it might just be the nature of a $500 set.
post #3471 of 3474 Old 03-23-2015, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Spoke to Vizio live chat to try to get them to manually update my TV but they said they couldn't. They did at least confirm the update is out and I should have it within the next few weeks. Hope it fixes the issues everyone is having!
post #3472 of 3474 Old 03-25-2015, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Can't decide between the new 2015 Vizio E series E32C1 or last years M series M32 they are both 32" and is going to be used for console gaming mainly (xbox one and ps4). Any help?
post #3473 of 3474 Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone post recommended calibration settings for a vizio e420-b1 please?
post #3474 of 3474 Unread Today, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have a Vizio E370-A0 that has recently deteriorated to a dark picture with the default settings.

I went through all the reset options with the Vizio tech on the phone. He said it might be a circuit-board problem.

By using the 'custom' picture menu, I have been able to get a "usable" picture with the Backlight and Brightness all the way up to 100. The skin tones are terrible and other picture details are 'muddy'. Other picture adjustments made things worse. Apparently one of the video curcuits has failed!

Question: Are these cheap LCD's repairable at reasonable cost, or would it be more cost effect to just replace it with one of the Vizio E390's for around $300?

Orrin - Engineer/Photographer/Webmaster
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
vizio e 600-b3 , Vizio E Series E401i A2 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lit Internet Hdtv , vizio m series m602i-b3
Gear in this thread - E401i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page