Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaShaka View Post

That stinks!!  Any other local Walmarts?  Mine only had 2 in stock, other must have sold this morning since it says out of stock, but the other 4 in the area all now say in stock instead of limited stock, so they must have gotten a shipment in..

Yeah, gonna try my luck in the next town over...keeping my fingers crossed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehgz1 View Post

PICS PICS PICS! Love to see what the TV itself looks like... If you have an Xbox or PS4 could you check the lag on those too?

Sorry, I don't have a camera right now. So, can't take a picture. Also, I don't own a Xbox or PS4. I'm a PC gamer. I haven't had any lag so far though.

I'm starting to feel like this was a great buy!

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 19tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #1263 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 03:22 PM

Damn... Made it one week... by 55" B2 has started having an issue, top left corner has started flickering, very noticeable on bright scenes.... this is my fourth Vizio being returned for these types of issues (the first 2014 though)....
post #1264 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 03:22 PM

I just played Trackmania with Smart Dimming On, and didn't experience any lag. I ran great times on the track.

I'm pretty happy with this the E600i-b3 so far. I'm sure it's not perfect in everyone way. But it's getting the job done for me so far.

One Con though, putting the stand on. You have to flip the tv upside down, and screw in 3 screws for the base. Basically the whole tv is balanced on like a 3in post, and it's really only those 3 screws holding it all together.

But I don't feel like the tv is going to fall over or anything, just don't plan on moving it around a lot, and really support the tv yourself, and don't rely on the base. I wouldn't want to take the chance of breaking the base or a screw.

I changed a couple of settings, and now I have 3 custom profiles.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 19tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #1265 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post

Damn... Made it one week... by 55" B2 has started having an issue, top left corner has started flickering, very noticeable on bright scenes.... this is my fourth Vizio being returned for these types of issues (the first 2014 though)....

If you can afford the difference, grab the 60" instead. I think you'll like it better. smile.gif

post #1266 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblast View Post

If you can afford the difference, grab the 60" instead. I think you'll like it better. smile.gif

I totally Agree.. I took my 55 back and got the 60.. Couldn't be happier!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehgz1 View Post

PICS PICS PICS! Love to see what the TV itself looks like... If you have an Xbox or PS4 could you check the lag on those too?

Here is my 60 I picked up last night... hy4a6ehu.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
post #1267 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 04:49 PM

Hi all,

Long time lurker here following the Vizio threads.  New owner of an E550i-B2 here.  Just some issues I've wonder if other's had noticed...

Say, where the Dimming zones seem to meet, It seems to be slightly darker..  hard to describe.  It's only on certain full screen colors, take for example, the Netflix Red startup screen.  It's almost like I can see the "ribs" of the TV where the dimming zones seem to meet.    I also noticed them on certain movies where the camera pans vertically.  When there are normal images being displayed, (say my ps4) it's un-noticeable.

Also, when watching a movie, during the preview, it seems the upper and lower dimming zones take a while to catch up, as the area above and below the movie previews, start dark, then lighten up about half a second later.

I've also had the washed out face effect, in dark scenes (game of thrones), where there's almost no detail in the face.  I think others have had this issue.

I've also noticed what seemed like a zone flicker in the upper left hand corner.

Has anyone else noticed these issues (besides the upper left zone flicker)?

Anyone with a 55, that has gotten a 60 as a replacement, notice any improvement say, with the "Rib Effect"?

Thanks.

post #1268 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 04:55 PM

I made a little video of my desk setup. Check it out.

http://youtu.be/1fUPNREJrdM

At 3 1/2 feet away from the screen, it's hard to take a photo. So, I took a video, so I could pan around. smile.gif

That's Landmark on the screen.

post #1269 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

I made a little video of my desk setup. Check it out.

http://youtu.be/1fUPNREJrdM

At 3 1/2 feet away from the screen, it's hard to take a photo. So, I took a video, so I could pan around. smile.gif

That's Landmark on the screen.

Man, are your eyes bleeding sitting that close to a 60"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbat77 View Post

Hi all,
  Long time lurker here following the Vizio threads.  New owner of an E550i-B2 here.  Just some issues I've wonder if other's had noticed...

Say, where the Dimming zones seem to meet, It seems to be slightly darker..  hard to describe.  It's only on certain full screen colors, take for example, the Netflix Red startup screen.  It's almost like I can see the "ribs" of the TV where the dimming zones seem to meet.    I also noticed them on certain movies where the camera pans vertically.  When there are normal images being displayed, (say my ps4) it's un-noticeable.

Also, when watching a movie, during the preview, it seems the upper and lower dimming zones take a while to catch up, as the area above and below the movie previews, start dark, then lighten up about half a second later.

I've also had the washed out face effect, in dark scenes (game of thrones), where there's almost no detail in the face.  I think others have had this issue.

I've also noticed what seemed like a zone flicker in the upper left hand corner.

Anyone with a 55, that has gotten a 60 as a replacement, notice any improvement say, with the "Rib Effect"?

Thanks.

Yes, I definitely see this effect is rare instances. I also see a bar that runs vertically down the middle.

I don't see the pale faces. Do you have black level enhancement on? If so, try turning that off.

No flashing effect.
post #1270 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 06:14 PM

I'm sitting in a dark room watching Buffy, I love when the screen goes dark. Because the screen is pitch black, no light bleed at all. It just plunges the room to dark. You can't even see the screen 3 feet in front of you. Now that is good!

post #1271 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 06:17 PM

3 1/2 Feet from the screen is great! No screen door effect, and you really have to look for the pixels to find them. I love the tv so far. So glad it came in good working order.

post #1272 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 06:18 PM

T
Quote:

I'm sitting in a dark room watching Buffy, I love when the screen goes dark. Because the screen is pitch black, no light bleed at all. It just plunges the room to dark. You can't even see the screen 3 feet in front of you. Now that is good!

That's definitely a benefit of full array right there. The zones turn off to compete darkness. Also great with the aspect bars at the top and bottom when watching movies. Pitch black.
post #1273 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 06:35 PM

When you leave the Vizio 55s you are leaving a Wistron panel and when you go to a 60/70/80 inch Vizio you are now playing with Sharp panels and components ie main, i/p board and t-con
post #1274 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 07:30 PM

So, I've had the E550-B2 for a few weeks, and recently the TV has been non-responsive the remote - it continues to properly display the video, but the remote won't do a thing. I've even tried pressing the power button on the back but to no avail. The only way it shuts off is if I pull the power. I called Vizio tech support and in the end, they claim the internet is overwhelming the TV and I should call Verizon FIOS to have them turn off "file sharing." Has anyone else come across this? The TV was fine for a couple of weeks, but now I can't even connect it to my network (either over WiFi or ethernet) without it becoming "overwhelmed."

I know I could get a streaming device to handle the internet connectivity and streaming duties, but the TV is mounted over my fireplace and I like the clean look of no extra devices. Besides the fact that it's rather ridiculous that a SmartTV can't handle the internet.

Anyhow, is this just a problem with my set, or a general problem with this line. If the former, I'll exchange it at Costco, otherwise, I'll have to find a new TV model (like the JVC with the Roku stick).

I got my head on straight, got my booty body ready for the plush funk.
post #1275 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltz View Post

So, I've had the E550-B2 for a few weeks, and recently the TV has been non-responsive the remote - it continues to properly display the video, but the remote won't do a thing. I've even tried pressing the power button on the back but to no avail. The only way it shuts off is if I pull the power. I called Vizio tech support and in the end, they claim the internet is overwhelming the TV and I should call Verizon FIOS to have them turn off "file sharing." Has anyone else come across this? The TV was fine for a couple of weeks, but now I can't even connect it to my network (either over WiFi or ethernet) without it becoming "overwhelmed."

I know I could get a streaming device to handle the internet connectivity and streaming duties, but the TV is mounted over my fireplace and I like the clean look of no extra devices. Besides the fact that it's rather ridiculous that a SmartTV can't handle the internet.

Anyhow, is this just a problem with my set, or a general problem with this line. If the former, I'll exchange it at Costco, otherwise, I'll have to find a new TV model (like the JVC with the Roku stick).

I have the same model and have never had this problem. Vizio's response here is most likely complete rubbish and frankly disappointing. I'd definitely be exchanging my set if I was in your situation. Glad to see you bought from Costco, return/exchange should be hassle free.

Edit: I don't have the JVC nor ever have, but I wouldn't go any further down the spectrum when it comes to a different TV. If you can stretch your budget, try going for a Sammy or an LG(I'd expect equivalent quality to our Vizio here).
post #1276 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscountTv View Post

When you leave the Vizio 55s you are leaving a Wistron panel and when you go to a 60/70/80 inch Vizio you are now playing with Sharp panels and components ie main, i/p board and t-con

They could certainly be Sharp panels panels on the bigger (over 60" or 60" and above ) screens.

Could be a TPV made set TPV is a 25% owner of Visio and their largest builder Visio uses LGD panels in a lot of sizes . Could also be a Wistron or Amtran build even with a Sharp panel. They could use anybodys OEM/ODM boards except the T-Con and LED panel driver boards would ofc be Sharp
or whoever makes the panel. For sure the 70" and 80" and maybe the 60" would likely be Sharp panels .

Quote:
TPV will ship 16.85 million LCD TVs with Philips and Vizio to be major clients, followed by Foxconn with 7.2 million units and Sony to be the major client, Compal with 4.3 million units mainly to Toshiba, Wistron with 3.6 million units mainly to Vizio, Amtran with two million units mainly to Sharp and Vizio, and Pegatron with 1.2 million units mainly to Toshiba, Digitimes Research indicated.

This article is an excerpt from a Chinese-language Digitimes Research report.
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20131213PD200.html

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #1277 of 2310 Old 04-18-2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbat77 View Post

Hi all,

Thanks.

I can concur on a couple of those points with my 55". I can see the "ribs" between the LEDs on solid colored screens and on vertical panning scenes.

I've also just today noticed the flicker in the top left corner. This after one week of ownership.

For what it's worth, I don't enable smart dimming.

The washed out face effect seems to be a side effect of smart dimming, it's like the TV cranks the contrast on light colored areas to artificially bolster the contrast ratio. It completely blows out highlights.

Interesting you're having that same top left flicker though... I was going to return my set for another 55" tomorrow, now I wonder if I'll end up with things exact same issue....
post #1278 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltz View Post

Yeah I had that issue a couple of times on my E420i. The thing is the processor this TV has is VERY basic, 256mb ram! So yeah it hangs a few times when running the smart apps (Under no circumstance rewind a youtube video) Do you have anything plugged into the USB port?

post #1279 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 06:22 AM

Made it home with my 60" late last night and like a kid with his new toy, I stayed up playing around with it till about 3 in the morning. lol

Here's what I think so far:

- I didn't notice any game lag at all...either I'm just not as sensitive to it as other people are, or the tv's handling it better than I thought it would. Either way, I can't complain.
- Screen looks good....have a couple of tiny spots at the top where light is peeking through, but you can only see it from an EXTREME side angle, and it was gone completely with dimming turned on. Colors wash out a bit from the side, but not bad enough to bother me...I've seen alot worse on TVs that cost 2-3 times as much. No dead pixels, no flickering, no ribbing effect that others have mentioned with the 55".
- I've never been a fan of the dimming effect in the past, but this TV handles it pretty well in my opinion. The areas that are turned off are BLACK....when a scene fades out, it looks like your TV's off. It also works well when you have the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.
- Speakers suck (of course)...no lip sync issues with my sound system.
- I'm still playing around with settings as I don't have anyway to calibrate it...may have to pick up Disney WOW this weekend.
- Haven't tried any apps yet, and probably won't. We just use Netflix, and we use the PS3 for that.
- TV wobbles a bit on the stand. I'll never understand the way TV companies design stands for giant TVs....and I really wish this one swivled...oh well.

Anyway, enough rambling. I'd say I'm pretty impressed so far, and I definitely got my money's worth. My lady hates TV shopping with me because I've returned alot of TVs in the past, so hopefully Vizio's build quality holds up and I won't have any surprises in the near future. Guess we'll see.
post #1280 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrke1 View Post

I have the same model and have never had this problem. Vizio's response here is most likely complete rubbish and frankly disappointing. I'd definitely be exchanging my set if I was in your situation. Glad to see you bought from Costco, return/exchange should be hassle free.

Edit: I don't have the JVC nor ever have, but I wouldn't go any further down the spectrum when it comes to a different TV. If you can stretch your budget, try going for a Sammy or an LG(I'd expect equivalent quality to our Vizio here).

Point taken on the JVC. Anyhow, this is likely going back and maybe I'll give another Vizio unit - from a specs and features point of view, it's exactly what I want. I just need it to perform as it should.

post #1281 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroud27 View Post

Yeah I had that issue a couple of times on my E420i. The thing is the processor this TV has is VERY basic, 256mb ram! So yeah it hangs a few times when running the smart apps (Under no circumstance rewind a youtube video) Do you have anything plugged into the USB port?

The thing is as it I don't even need to run an app for it to become non-responsive. If it's connected to the network, within 30 seconds of being turned on, it just stops responding.

post #1282 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm just happy that Amazon Instant Video seems to be working on my e420i-B0... (Got it registered and able to view my Catalog AND play video) Amazon App 3.7.6 (I think) vs the none working 4.0.0. After 2 weeks of ownership... I was getting worried I'd not see this App working until Summer or next year even...
post #1283 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 10:02 AM

Liked: 13
While dusting my screen with a microfiber cloth, I noticed a few imperfections. One is some sort of stuck on smudge on the lower right of the screen. It's not a fingerprint, it's like residue from a stickytape type substance and it's rectangular in shape. It won't come off with a light swipe of microfiber. I also noticed a long hairline scratch in the upper right of the screen.

I have not inspected the screen this closely before..... I was on the fence with returning it and getting the 60" but overall I've been very happy with the 55".

Am I being too picky if I want to return this set for these scratches, etc.?
post #1284 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozirry View Post

While dusting my screen with a microfiber cloth, I noticed a few imperfections. One is some sort of stuck on smudge on the lower right of the screen. It's not a fingerprint, it's like residue from a stickytape type substance and it's rectangular in shape. It won't come off with a light swipe of microfiber. I also noticed a long hairline scratch in the upper right of the screen.

I have not inspected the screen this closely before..... I was on the fence with returning it and getting the 60" but overall I've been very happy with the 55".

Am I being too picky if I want to return this set for these scratches, etc.?

I returned my 55 that I liked because 2 small pixels were out.. Couldn't see them unless there was a white screen and I was about a foot or so away. Took it back for a 60 and am super happy. It is perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
post #1285 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 10:56 AM

Are the 60's really that much of an improvement over the 55"? Seating in my living room runs from about 8' out to about 14' viewing distance... The 55" seems almost too big at this range. But it definitely has some minor uniformity issues with solid color/white screens. Black screen is just about perfect though.

Can someone take photos of a solid colored screen on the 60"? Green or white show it the best. If you throw the free AVC test patterns on a thumb drive there are solid color patterns on that.

If the 60" has the black screen uniformity and black levels of the 55" without the solid color and white screen uniformity issues, I'd drop the extra cash and go larger.

Oh, for what it's worth, I took photos of my settings and did a factory reset, which seems to have fixed the flicker in the top left of the screen.
post #1286 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 11:08 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Are the 60's really that much of an improvement over the 55"? Seating in my living room runs from about 8' out to about 14' viewing distance... The 55" seems almost too big at this range. But it definitely has some minor uniformity issues with solid color/white screens. Black screen is just about perfect though.

Can someone take photos of a solid colored screen on the 60"? Green or white show it the best. If you throw the free AVC test patterns on a thumb drive there are solid color patterns on that.

If the 60" has the black screen uniformity and black levels of the 55" without the solid color and white screen uniformity issues, I'd drop the extra cash and go larger.

Oh, for what it's worth, I took photos of my settings and did a factory reset, which seems to have fixed the flicker in the top left of the screen.

I'm having a similar question...however I realize that not every LCD unit you get will be "perfect", there are just way too many areas for these sets to have imperfections in my opinion.

I'm looking at the $ issue and realizing that this 55" is more flexible of a unit to have when I upgrade in the future. At some point I'd like a projection unit, and this would still be a good set for a mid-size room or large eat-in kitchen. The extra $$$ saved on the 55" may help a long that way
post #1287 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:

I just ran a bunch of solid colors on my E600i-b3 and I see a nice solid color. No ribbing, Looks great!

I sit about 4 feet from the screen, and I don't see any problems. I believe the E600i-b3 is a better tv then the E550i-b2, by going from the many people that have posted here. I believe they are using better screens in the E600i-b3, probably for the bigger sizes as well.

That's just my opinion though. I'm very happy with it so far. Hopefully, I'll stay that way.

The funny thing is, last night I was watching something, thinking, this isn't big enough. smile.gif But the tv could be as big as my wall, and still wouldn't be big enough. LOL My eyes can see this whole tv from 4 feet away, with ease. Looking forward to the possibility of VR showing you a screen your mind believes is 100 feet in size. That should be interesting. smile.gif

post #1288 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkaspi View Post

Apparently depending on your firmware version, there should be a Professional Settings, menu.

I have it on my E550i-b2

how do you find the professional settings?

May God Guide and Guard the USA!
post #1289 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewt View Post

how do you find the professional settings?

Sounds like its inclusion is dependent on firmware, but my 55" has it in TV Settings --> Picture --> Professional Picture.
post #1290 of 2310 Old 04-19-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrke1 View Post

Sounds like its inclusion is dependent on firmware, but my 55" has it in TV Settings --> Picture --> Professional Picture.

E600i-b3 also has TV Settings --> Picture --> Professional Picture.

I don't really feel the need to use it though.

I have mine hooked directly to my computer, and I'm using it as my main computer monitor. It looked good out of box, and when I switch to picture mode Computer, it looked great. I just turned on Smart Dimming, and have pretty much let it alone. I did up the color a few digits. But not by much.

Over all, the E600i-b3 is great! Very happy with it.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E Series E401i A2 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lit Internet Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page