Forum Jump: 

post #2281 of 2287 Old 07-22-2014, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatentLawFTW View Post
The 65" E series has been released as of today. It is available on their website for purchase. Their website says 6 zones for 65" E series. My inquiry to tech support confirmed 6 zones (but I don't have much faith in the rep). I replied to rep asking for the justification for 6 zones and am waiting a reply. Are you meaning until someone actually has the chance to inspect it we won't know?
The Vizio rep said he did not know the justification for only 6 active zones and would forward my feedback along.

What a disappointment. Completely had the rug pulled out from under me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2287 Old 07-22-2014, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just got my F5300 and I could see the difference right away. Having owned a Panasonic for 4 years I just could not accept an LCD. Maybe I'll change when OLEDs become affordable. Until then, its PLASMA. Thanks AVSForum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
The picture will look fantastic in your home. I watch movies, play PS4 and watch sports. Everything looks flawless. The one downside is glare. I only have a couple of windows in my living room and I get some glare in the daytime, even with the blinds closed. It's not that bad for me, but it depends on your living room. Someone complained about a buzzing sound? If I mute the television and put my ear right on the screen, I can hear a very faint buzz. I don't hear anything with normal viewing. I have also not seen any image retention at all. I play my PS4 3 out 4 hours at a time and have not noticed anything.

I think the 2014 Vizio E series and M series are also very good and at a similar price. I just wouldn't dismiss the idea of getting a plasma.
post #2283 of 2287 Old 07-22-2014, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Visio 60 inch e series first look

VIZIO E600I-B3 Arrived today and went on top of the fireplace - had to put the sound bar behind the TV - stills sound is great and remote works from distance.

TV picture is VERY GOOD. Extremely pleased!!! Set up my own settings This TV can have so many PICTURE adjustments!

Active Led Zones are ON. No issues.

No issues with saving my settings either.

Sound is OK - have SONY sound bar located right behind the TV's stand

Applications are fine - no issues with internet speed.

My only concern is reliability .

Last edited by gregka; 07-22-2014 at 11:26 PM.
post #2284 of 2287 Old 07-23-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got the 60" at Costco and will get the $60 square trade warranty. Since that ensures 5 years of a functioning TV or 100% money back, it seems like the way to go.

BUT, since they just put the 65" out... now I have to make a new decision. :-)

Last edited by calbearfan; 07-23-2014 at 09:44 AM.
post #2285 of 2287 Old 07-23-2014, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
The Vizio rep said he did not know the justification for only 6 active zones and would forward my feedback along.

What a disappointment. Completely had the rug pulled out from under me.
I would guess you are looking at a typo on the website(as in they forgot the 1 before the 6) and spoke to a minimum wage earning telesales rep when you called in who was clueless. All specs released by Vizio have indicated 16 Active Zones for the 65" E-Series and 18 Active Zones for the yet to be released 70" E-series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAo-UUwlXX0#t=61

Their official YouTube video claims "up to" 18 zones

Last edited by Tom DiCerbo; 07-23-2014 at 11:17 AM.
post #2286 of 2287 Old 07-23-2014, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom DiCerbo View Post
I would guess you are looking at a typo on the website(as in they forgot the 1 before the 6) and spoke to a minimum wage earning telesales rep when you called in who was clueless. All specs released by Vizio have indicated 16 Active Zones for the 65" E-Series and 18 Active Zones for the yet to be released 70" E-series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAo-UUwlXX0#t=61

Their official YouTube video claims "up to" 18 zones
Possibly, but it's fairly pervasive to be a typo. It's stated in three different places on Vizio's page for the actual model TV, in both text and graphics. Also, I would think a rep would at least be knowledgeable enough to spot a typo. I agree that previously released information indicated there would be more active zones.
post #2287 of 2287 Old 07-23-2014, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Possibly, but it's fairly pervasive to be a typo. It's stated in three different places on Vizio's page for the actual model TV, in both text and graphics. Also, I would think a rep would at least be knowledgeable enough to spot a typo. I agree that previously released information indicated there would be more active zones.
Copy / Paste capability makes typos more pervasive, IMO.

I would escalate to Tier II support or, preferably, Product Management. "Once around, then up."
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E Series E401i A2 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lit Internet Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page