Official 2014 Vizio Exxx-Bx Series owners thread - Page 80 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2371 of 3249 Old 08-12-2014, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks bdirty

I contacted vizio, and they apparently have the same problem with the e600i-B3, as she said their test TV resets the values as well. She's working on it now. Meanwhile, I was told to do a factory reset to see if it helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 3249 Old 08-12-2014, 03:32 PM

Liked: 10
Well, I just pulled the trigger on the new 70 inch e series. Purchased it through Amazon and it's scheduled for delivery this Saturday. I'm not a videophile or anything, but I'll do my best to answer any questions for anyone interested and share my experience and opinion. Wish me luck.
post #2373 of 3249 Old 08-13-2014, 05:04 PM

Hey gregka,
That is awesome. Just got the E500i-B1 yesterday and I applied the CNET settings last night which look pretty good (could be a bit brighter if anything at all). I also printed out your suggestions and will create a second custom calibration for your settings tonight . Although, when did you get your TV? The one I have has a more advanced version of FW than what was tested on CNET (obviously) and I can't find 11-point Gray-scale adjustments. Am I missing something obvious? Anyone else who has some idea's please feel free to let me know also.

Thanks,
post #2374 of 3249 Old 08-13-2014, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Thanks gregka, I am also going to try those settings out. I've been searching for several days for good settings, so I'm hoping yours do the job. Also, what is the current firmware version for the E60-b3 set and how can you find where you can grab the update it if need be?
post #2375 of 3249 Old 08-13-2014, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can anyone explain why Vizio made it impossible to save a calibration preset and then apply it to ALL inputs? I just ran through the CNET settings and doing the 11-way stuff took forever and I'm going to have to do this for my two HDMI inputs on top of the TV tuner. Unreal.

Just picked up a E500i-B1 from Costco and it appears to be dark and cloudy in the upper corners. Still trying calibration settings - about to use gregka's - but it's a PITMFA to have to tweak my Chromecast, PS3/X360/HD DVD (yeah, I got one!) input in addition to the tuner.

EDIT: Jeepers! Sorry, but gregka's settings are clownish looking on news channels; very blown out and sunburned. Back to the CNET settings for the E550i-B2 for the moment.

Last edited by DirkBelig; 08-13-2014 at 09:25 PM.
post #2376 of 3249 Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 PM

I would think that once you enter in the settings and have it under Custom 1, you should be able to just choose that setting for that particular input. I could be wrong though. Haven't had time yet to try.
post #2377 of 3249 Old 08-14-2014, 08:26 AM
SPJ

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post
------------
I can only speak for the E600i-B3. I welcome any settings that
you may think can further improve the pic. At this time I serioulsy doubt that can be better but you never know.
But CNET's settings cannot be right, first of all the setting is on NORMAL so you must give up the true whites (there is no way to fix that once you select "normal") In addition you will have no true reds. Other than that I have no idea on the E550i-B2. I think the CNET evaluation was for the 50 inch....good luck.

The CNET settings are for color accuracy and I thought they were easily the best setting. In fact, if you look at the Vizio "calibrated 1" mode, you would see that those setting are very similar to the CNET settings. The only modification I made to the CNET settings was that I slightly bumped up the color a few notches, from 50 to 55 i think. If you change the color mode to "Cool," you get the brighter whites, but you also wash out all of the other colors. I found "Normal" to be the best setting for color accuracy. I don't need the bleach white look.
JackMach likes this.
post #2378 of 3249 Old 08-14-2014, 09:01 AM

I think I remember reading somewhere in this thread about the green/orange tint showing up when you first turn the TV on and after a couple of seconds it goes away, but I wanted to know if anyone has found a solution to this, or if this is just what the TV does and is completely normal. Any help would be appreciated.
post #2379 of 3249 Old 08-14-2014, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm951 View Post
I think I remember reading somewhere in this thread about the green/orange tint showing up when you first turn the TV on and after a couple of seconds it goes away, but I wanted to know if anyone has found a solution to this, or if this is just what the TV does and is completely normal. Any help would be appreciated.
It's completely normal, based upon my six-months experience with my E550i-B2 set. It appears to me that this is the processor catching up with the CMS settings upon power-up, but I don't know this for certain. My set exhibits a big magenta push that resolves itself to the excellent color I get in my dark bedroom with David K's cNet settings within three seconds. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Saw a Macy's commercial last night where my comforter set was on sale. The dark red in the comforter was a spot-on match for the comforter's actual color when viewed under Daylight LED bulb (Cree, times 3 bulbs) illumination. I was surprised that the match was that good.
mattm951 likes this.

Last edited by Ronzo3; 08-14-2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Adding color information
post #2380 of 3249 Old 08-14-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
----
Got the TV about a month ago/ Do not know 50 inch TVs settings-calibration.
Thanks for your reply,

Actually I just wasn't looking hard enough. Got the settings in there and the picture is looking fantastic. I did notice something however for everyone else doing calibrations.

When adjusting the Black Detail/, It can default the Backlight to 32 and you have to change it back to 90 (or whatever settings you had it at),. Hence my thoughts that it was too dark. So be aware of in case, after a calibration, it doesn't look like you thought it might.
post #2381 of 3249 Old 08-14-2014, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
------------
you may think can further improve the pic. At this time I serioulsy doubt that can be better but you never know.
But CNET's settings cannot be right, first of all the setting is on NORMAL so you must give up the true whites (there is no way to fix that once you select "normal") In addition you will have no true reds. Other than that I have no idea on the E550i-B2. I think the CNET evaluation was for the 50 inch....good luck.
Normal is the correct temp if you are looking for accuracy. Those 11pt white point balance numbers from cnet are derived from the figures measured at the normal temp on that particular tv. Change it to cool and your grayscale and colors will be wildly skewed. It's best to use a meter to do grayscale and color, but using cnet settings is not a bad start. Having said all that, not everyone likes a calibrated picture.
Ph8te likes this.
post #2382 of 3249 Old 08-14-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
------------
I started with the settings from this thread with calibrations for 55" and 42" models (it recommends using the 55" set for sets 50" and larger). After trying those settings, I popped in the WOW disc and ran through the Brightness, Contrast, Color, Tint and Sharpness settings and found my set to require these settings:

Picture Mode: Custom 1
Auto Brightness Control: Off
Backlight: 65 (doesn't seem to matter though whether 90 or the 32 it keeps resetting to)
Brightness: 55
Contrast: 48
Color: 43
Tint: -1
Sharpness: 50

I found it impossible to set brightness/contrast with Active LED Zones on, but the resulting settings while "correct" had washed-out gray blacks. I started Avatar and it looked flat, but when I turned LED zones on, the picture got noticeably better, much punchier and I didn't notice any crushing on either end from my sampling of Avatar, Prometheus and Life of Pi, though the last didn't seem quite right. (Looking for my Gravity disc and will look at Pacific Rim and others tonight.) I haven't done the 12,000 settings for 11-way gray scale (why can't we copy these settings across inputs?) for my PS3/X360/HD input yet.

As for your beef against Normal color temperature, how can you say that you give up fidelity when you're choosing to use a bluer color temp set and then crank up the brightness to the point it blows out the whites and then make up for that by boosting the Black Detail? (This seems to be the video equivalent of a U-shaped, scooped-mids EQ curve.) When I looked at the set's ramp patterns with your settings, the two rightmost bars were almost indistinguishable, but after setting with WOW, they are quite distinct.

I understand there are differences between models and individual units plus personal preferences, but I'm just looking to get it as close to "reference" (as a $550 TV can get) as possible. Coincidentally, on my travels to Costco, I stopped at Beast Buy and noticed they had a display selling Geek Squad's HDTV Calibration services which had a pair of TVs from off the same source saying, "Look at the differences." Looks like one was set to Vivid or some torch mode and the other was dialed in.

I think people are used to looking at uncalibrated business-grade computer monitors under fluorescent lighting and thus think that bright bluish whites are "normal" and when they see a calibrated TV or profiled monitor (I'm a photographer) that it seems "dark" and "reddish." If you put an ISF-calibrated panel on the showroom wall next to any set's stock or vivid modes, most people would chose the torch set because it looks bright.

Anyone else have darkish clouding in the corners? Anything that can be done for that? They're invisible when watching widescreen material, but 16:9 stuff brings it out.
post #2383 of 3249 Old 08-15-2014, 03:02 AM

I've had the E550i-b2 for a couple months now and am still having trouble with the picture.

I've attached two pictures of a paused movie (Active LED ON) with no changes besides the menu being brought up. I can understand if there is a problem with Active LED Zones on this model but it's infuriating that I can get a fantastic image (notice the forehead detail) by simply bringing up the menu interface.

I know that disabling Active LED Zones "fixes" the issue but it leads to so many grey and purple tones in dark scenes that it's almost not worth it. This is especially true considering what can be accomplished with Active Zones turned on. Why would the display look fantastic with the menu interface up but have distinct blooming on well lit flesh tones when it is not?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0593.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	212929   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0592.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	212937  
post #2384 of 3249 Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 AM
SPJ

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
That is a really odd quirk. I never noticed that when I had this set. So, it looks that bad with regular view and the menu is not up? Maybe a firmware update is needed? I wanted the deeper blacks, but the noticable flicker when the zones were activated and the variation in color made me turn off the local dimming feature. But, that reduces the overall black level and defeats the purpose of having that feature.
post #2385 of 3249 Old 08-15-2014, 09:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Liked: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendvaughn View Post
I've had the E550i-b2 for a couple months now and am still having trouble with the picture.

I've attached two pictures of a paused movie (Active LED ON) with no changes besides the menu being brought up. I can understand if there is a problem with Active LED Zones on this model but it's infuriating that I can get a fantastic image (notice the forehead detail) by simply bringing up the menu interface.

I know that disabling Active LED Zones "fixes" the issue but it leads to so many grey and purple tones in dark scenes that it's almost not worth it. This is especially true considering what can be accomplished with Active Zones turned on. Why would the display look fantastic with the menu interface up but have distinct blooming on well lit flesh tones when it is not?

It almost looks like you have your color setting on "cool". This may be something you want to call Vizio about.
post #2386 of 3249 Old 08-15-2014, 09:22 AM

A customer at Amazon posted his settings and I noticed that gregka posted his settings in a comment. I tried them first with Star Trek Into Wrathness of Khanness and the opening scene with the red forest and the saffron robes on the white aliens really popped.

But jumping ahead to the scene with Pike and Kirk in the bar revealed a problem with blotchy yellow-red "noise" appearing on their faces. If you look at the lighting, there are warm lamps subtly illuminating their faces and this was being amped up into artifacts. I experimented with changing the brightness and contrast to what WOW had determined and it tamed the noise and while the image is cool, it's not too cool. Watched various sections of Avatar, Avengers and Pacific Rim and I prefer this "azon wow" look to the "wow cnet" look from yesterday. The latter doesn't look bad, just somewhat flat in contrast with weak desaturated reds. I need to look at the ISS section of Gravity again.

Here is what he posted - the numbers in parenthesis are what I've changed to after testing the original set. I've left the TV on while I went to work to see if a little burn-in will help the corner darkness.

Backlight- 100 (70)
Bright- 50 (55)
Contrast- 68 (48)
Color- 60 (62)
Tint- 0 (-1)
Sharpness- 45
Temperature- cool
black detail- off
Backlight control- off (on)
Smooth motion effect- low or off (off).
Reduce signal noise- low (off)
Reduce block noise- high. (off)

The last three settings are important for what you use our tv for. I use mine for gaming and thus those are the best settings. For tv you should put signal at high and motion at high unless you watch sports but that last statement is all assumption. Everything else is evidence based.

Adjust brightness and color above to your satisfaction in your room. Whether it's a bright room or a dark room. I'm in a dark room and these settings work well in the dark.

Now to the tricky part. Something that lots of people don't dare touch. The color tuner.

Red-saturation- neg 20
Red-bright- pos 5
Green-saturation- pos 7
Green-bright- neg 2
Blue-bright- neg 14
Cyan-saturation- pos 10
Cyan-bright- pos 2
Magenta-saturation- pos 4
Magenta-bright- neg 14
Yellow-hue- neg 10
Yellow-saturation- pos 30
Yellow-bright- pos 50

Again. These are tested numbers and are objective rather than opinion/subjective/preference.

The yellow color with a -10 hue is my preference because I* think the yellow is on the green side and I like my yellows rich rather than fluorescent. Note by rich I don't mean gold. I just mean what I believe a perfect yellow is. The other colors (red, green, blue) are based on gamma correction and they are all on the same color brightness spectrum. Meaning one color is not "brighter" than the next.
post #2387 of 3249 Old 08-15-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Liked: 629
For those that are experiencing the lip sync issues, don't forget to call and open a ticket with Vizio. The only way they'll know is if owners start hammering them with tickets for the same issue.
post #2388 of 3249 Old 08-15-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
It almost looks like you have your color setting on "cool". This may be something you want to call Vizio about.
The color temperature difference isn't as dramatic as it looks in the picture, just the loss of clarity in illuminated flesh-tones. I'm really interested if anyone else has seen this with the earlier posts in this thread about disabling Active LED.

I'll check on the firmware later this evening but I have the TV connected to my internet so it should be the newest one. Can anyone tell me what version that is? Also, I know how to view the firmware number but is there a way to force an update if a newer one is available?
post #2389 of 3249 Old 08-15-2014, 09:00 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
------------
Even in a dark room had to go back to my settings....had to get crisp images with deep blacks.
Love your "cool" setting though (I posted some pictures (although the camera does not do justice)
Those faces look normal to you?
post #2390 of 3249 Old 08-17-2014, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I love my e480i-b2 but if there is one thing that seems to stand out to me more lately it's that the color blue is not as accurate as it should be. It's a bit muted or in some games/shows it's almost more purple or faded than it should be.

I would try different color calibrations I see for other sets in the line, but it seems the color options are different for you folks, like the 50". Since the 48" doesn't seem to have gotten an update, I'm stuck with the color settings like red, blue and green offset and gain, with numbers from 0 to 1000 i think. It's a bit hard to tweak with such a range. Cool is too blue, normal is pretty much perfect except for some blue shades.

I wish this set would get a darn update! At this point I don't think it ever will.
post #2391 of 3249 Old 08-17-2014, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question Has anyone tried the sound and vision setting?

I am getting the Vizio E600i-B3 delivered in a couple of week now that my Sony 34xbr910 has the dreaded 6 LED blink error. It was a lovely TV.
Anyways..has anyone tried these setting? http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...-hdtv-settings ?
Opinions?
Also, how can I find a link to the CNet settings that everyone talks about?
Has anyone tried calibrating this set with Spyder4 or Calman or any other hardware calibrators?
post #2392 of 3249 Old 08-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by smodak View Post
I am getting the Vizio E600i-B3 delivered in a couple of week now that my Sony 34xbr910 has the dreaded 6 LED blink error. It was a lovely TV.
Anyways..has anyone tried these setting? http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...-hdtv-settings ?
Opinions?
Also, how can I find a link to the CNet settings that everyone talks about?
Has anyone tried calibrating this set with Spyder4 or Calman or any other hardware calibrators?
Sound and Vision settings are for the 55", and they won't work for the E600i-b3, different panels. The E600i-b3 uses Sharp Panels. Very nice IMO.

These are the settings I'm using for my E600i-b3, most of it is from Beardontwalk123 settings. It really looks great with these. Doesn't mean it will look the same on your, even if it's the same model. Just keep that in mind.

---Picture settings menu---
Picture Mode: Custom 1
Auto Brightness Control: Off
Backlight: 55
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 79
Color: 55
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced Picture submenu---
Color temperature: Normal
Black Detail: Off
Active LED Zones: Off
Motion Blur Reduction: Off
Reduce Signal Noise: Off
Reduce Block Noise: Off
Picture Size: [no change]
Picture Position: [no change]
Film Mode: Auto
Wide: Normal

---Professional Picture submenu---
Color Tuner:
Red [Hue, Saturation, Brightness]: -50, 0, -20
Green: 0, 0, 0
Blue: -50, -39, 50
Cyan: 17, 0, 4
Magenta: 0, 0, 0
Yellow: 0, 0, 0

Red offset: -1
Red gain: 3
Green offset: 2
Green Gain: -6
Blue offset: -4
Blue gain: -2

11-point white balance:
[Red, Green and Blue gain]
5%: 0, 0, 0
10%: -28, -33, -33
20%: -23, -27, -20
30%: -30, -32, -33
40%: -30, -31, -36
50%: -29, -29, -36
60%: -27, -23, -32
70%: -27, -21, -33
80%: -20, -18, -31
90%: -20, -10, -30
100%: 0, 0, 0

The E600i-b3 is a great choice IMO. I recommend just keeping Active LED Zones Off. There really isn't that much difference between On and Off. Let us know how everything turns out.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2

Last edited by iceblast; 08-17-2014 at 12:18 PM.
post #2393 of 3249 Old 08-17-2014, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So, I have both the 42" and the 50". I've noticed that with the Active LED Zones on, the 42" behaves perfectly, with almost no blooming. But the 50" is pretty horrendous. For example, when you have a black screen with white letter in the middle, there is basically an entire horizontal patch of light from the left side of the screen to the right. This is not the case on my 42".

Another example is while I'm playing The Last Of Us. You know the loading screen with the yellow dust or whatever, that moves from left to right. My 50" doesn't even seem to register that there's anything on the screen, and shuts the backlight off completely. Only a couple times during the loading screen does one of the LED zones ever turn back on, and you can see the yellow dust. In contrast, I don't believe my 42" even ever shuts off the LED completely.

Luckily, I think blacks are good enough that I can leave Active LEDs off, but I'm just curious if anybody else is having this problem.
post #2394 of 3249 Old 08-17-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnyder82 View Post
But the 50" is pretty horrendous. For example, when you have a black screen with white letter in the middle, there is basically an entire horizontal patch of light from the left side of the screen to the right.

Luckily, I think blacks are good enough that I can leave Active LEDs off, but I'm just curious if anybody else is having this problem.
I keep seeing people complaining about Active LED, but I'm not seeing the least hint of it. None at all and I find the blacks to be just very dark grays without it on, while turning it on delivers black blacks, probably because the gamma is in line. The only time I saw blooming was when I first set the TV up and used the Calibrated preset to watch a bit of The Clone Wars on Netflix. There was a blooming glow around the figures and I was like, "Uh-oh...I have a bad feeling about this," but after calibration it's been sharp and dimensional without blooming.

I tried beardontwalk123's settings and ditched them faster than gregka's. If the 60" panels are different from the 50" ones, then it's useless to try those settings. The lack of 50" settings is really making life difficult. I almost want to hunt down Vizio's engineers and punch them in the junk for not allowing copying of settings across inputs. These jokers must not actually use their TVs, just lock onto the Keeping Up With The Kardashians marathon.

I've been watching the hybrid Amazon User/WOW settings I listed above and most of the time they look quite nice. Punchy, clear and vibrant without looking hyped (like Samsung SAMOLED phone panels do). But occasionally skin tones look flat (whether Active LED is on or off) and "off." Other times they look right on the money. The prevalence of radical color-grading in film doesn't help much since they're going for a "look" not an accurate rendition.

Q: Is there a way to have close-captions come on when you mute the audio? My old Philips did this, but apparently this one can't. Bummer.
post #2395 of 3249 Old 08-17-2014, 03:16 PM

I wouldn't really call it complaining. After all, I even mentioned that my 42" doesn't have this particular problem, and I actually enjoy using it.

But if there is, in fact, something wrong with my television, even if I don't use the the feature much, I would like to know. Because I am getting a LOT of blooming on my 50".
post #2396 of 3249 Old 08-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
I keep seeing people complaining about Active LED, but I'm not seeing the least hint of it. None at all and I find the blacks to be just very dark grays without it on, while turning it on delivers black blacks, probably because the gamma is in line. The only time I saw blooming was when I first set the TV up and used the Calibrated preset to watch a bit of The Clone Wars on Netflix. There was a blooming glow around the figures and I was like, "Uh-oh...I have a bad feeling about this," but after calibration it's been sharp and dimensional without blooming.

I tried beardontwalk123's settings and ditched them faster than gregka's. If the 60" panels are different from the 50" ones, then it's useless to try those settings. The lack of 50" settings is really making life difficult. I almost want to hunt down Vizio's engineers and punch them in the junk for not allowing copying of settings across inputs. These jokers must not actually use their TVs, just lock onto the Keeping Up With The Kardashians marathon.

I've been watching the hybrid Amazon User/WOW settings I listed above and most of the time they look quite nice. Punchy, clear and vibrant without looking hyped (like Samsung SAMOLED phone panels do). But occasionally skin tones look flat (whether Active LED is on or off) and "off." Other times they look right on the money. The prevalence of radical color-grading in film doesn't help much since they're going for a "look" not an accurate rendition.

Q: Is there a way to have close-captions come on when you mute the audio? My old Philips did this, but apparently this one can't. Bummer.
Each model has it's own panel, and they all seem different. But the B3 models are made by Sharp, and by default the blacks are great. I believe the 50" was about the last to come out, so, they might have designed it better to work with ALZ's. But I think the B3's are probably the best in the line at setting up a good picture, without to much work. The 55" seems the hardest to get right, and has other flaws as well. I'm going to guess that the B3's in the P series will be the best as well. Since they are the new Sharp 4k panels. I would love to buy the 60" P series, but I don't want to spend $1800 on a tv. Not with VR right around the corner.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #2397 of 3249 Old 08-17-2014, 04:41 PM

So I purchased the 42" and when it arrived it was shattered. I'm sending it back and actually upgrading to the 48".

I was wondering what are the best settings for this tv. I will be mostly using it for Sports and my Xbox One .... I read somewhere I should make two different settings. Using the "game" mode for games, but still customize it ... then for movies/sports use a the calibrated setting but adjust it also.

If someone can just give me a rundown if this TV is legit, have they updated the SD aspect ratio and what are some good settings to start out with for both movies/sports and games.
post #2398 of 3249 Old 08-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 36
They have the 70" version at Walmart stores now for $1499. (Not a special, regular price by the looks of it)

No wall display, just in the box. I double-checked the model number after the Target fiasco and it was E700i-B3, as it should be.

The thing that stood out to me is how small the box is for a 70" TV. Vizio really doesn't believe in using extra packaging.

Does anyone know if the extended warranty Walmart offers is worth it in this case?
post #2399 of 3249 Old 08-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_rangeBrew View Post
They have the 70" version at Walmart stores now for $1499. (Not a special, regular price by the looks of it)

No wall display, just in the box. I double-checked the model number after the Target fiasco and it was E700i-B3, as it should be.

The thing that stood out to me is how small the box is for a 70" TV. Vizio really doesn't believe in using extra packaging.

Does anyone know if the extended warranty Walmart offers is worth it in this case?
Walmart is using SquareTrade now. It's suppose to be good. But I don't think you have to buy it from Walmart. You can go through Vizio, or SquareTrade webpage. I think it might be cheaper that way.

post #2400 of 3249 Old 08-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Well, it must be a good thing that I'm in a dark room huh? I would board over the windows as well, but I have vertical blinds, and they block a good bit of light during the day. The blacks are great with these settings, you can't tell where the bezel is around the screen ends, and the screen begins, the blacks are that good, and that's with Active LED Zones Off. I can turn on the light, and the picture is just fine.

The whites are set to see 254 white images on the test. If you want bright, bright whites, change to computer mode. Whites will be 255. I like the whites a bit duller, without hurting the over all picture, easier on the eye, yet, still very white, 235

You must have a really bright room, with the backlight at 100. Mine is setup like a dark theater room, I even have a nice theater chair.

Last edited by iceblast; 08-18-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
vizio e 600-b3 , Vizio E Series E401i A2 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lit Internet Hdtv , vizio m series m602i-b3
Gear in this thread - E401i by PriceGrabber.com