Forum Jump: 

post #2401 of 2734 Old 08-18-2014, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Lozanoff View Post
I'm new here; have been looking around for an answer to the 11 point white balance not saving on the e600i-b3. Like you mentioned earlier in the thread, it saves for a while, sometimes even for a day, but it always seems to reset to zeroes across the board sooner or later, with everything else saving just fine. I haven't gone over the rest of the thread, but I take it you traded it in? I most likely won't as i'm happy with it especially considering the price, but it is rather annoying. Nobody else has this problem?
Yes Paul, I did trade it in......I was a great tv and I probably would have kept it had it saved the settings. I never did figure out the problem with it and I now have a Samsung plasma. You could try trading in for another 60E, it seems like there are quite a bit of people who have the same tv's and theirs saves fine so idk........I had a 55inch E series before that and it saved fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2734 Old 08-18-2014, 03:47 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
I keep seeing people complaining about Active LED, but I'm not seeing the least hint of it. None at all and I find the blacks to be just very dark grays without it on, while turning it on delivers black blacks, probably because the gamma is in line. The only time I saw blooming was when I first set the TV up and used the Calibrated preset to watch a bit of The Clone Wars on Netflix. There was a blooming glow around the figures and I was like, "Uh-oh...I have a bad feeling about this," but after calibration it's been sharp and dimensional without blooming.

I tried beardontwalk123's settings and ditched them faster than gregka's. If the 60" panels are different from the 50" ones, then it's useless to try those settings. The lack of 50" settings is really making life difficult. I almost want to hunt down Vizio's engineers and punch them in the junk for not allowing copying of settings across inputs. These jokers must not actually use their TVs, just lock onto the Keeping Up With The Kardashians marathon.

I've been watching the hybrid Amazon User/WOW settings I listed above and most of the time they look quite nice. Punchy, clear and vibrant without looking hyped (like Samsung SAMOLED phone panels do). But occasionally skin tones look flat (whether Active LED is on or off) and "off." Other times they look right on the money. The prevalence of radical color-grading in film doesn't help much since they're going for a "look" not an accurate rendition.

Q: Is there a way to have close-captions come on when you mute the audio? My old Philips did this, but apparently this one can't. Bummer.
With Vizio it seems like any settings will only work for the same size.........mine was a 60inch and even then it may not be accurate. I tried someones 55 inch settings on my 60 before I calibrated mine and they were way of also so keep that in mind with the settings.
post #2403 of 2734 Old 08-18-2014, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post
---
I just wanted to say that I noticed the same issue. This is a software bug that most likely everyone that owns the 60 inch VIZIO is experiencing but they do not know if they do not play with the settings or it does not happen at the same time for all HDMIs.
This, in addition to the ACTIVE LED ZONES issue, are the only two things that I have noticed. TV is great but there is a software bug. Hopefully VIZIO will provide a fix.
My software version is: V1.3435.0180
Thanks
Don't forget to call and report the issues, the more people that call and open tickets the more likely it is that this issue will be fixed. If one person starts, everyone can "relate" their ticket to the same one so that the issue gets "linked"..Posting on the forums is just part of the battle. Most companies don't know about these found issues and need to be "pushed" in the right direction sometimes.
post #2404 of 2734 Old 08-18-2014, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post
---
I just wanted to say that I noticed the same issue. This is a software bug that most likely everyone that owns the 60 inch VIZIO is experiencing but they do not know if they do not play with the settings or it does not happen at the same time for all HDMIs.
This, in addition to the ACTIVE LED ZONES issue, are the only two things that I have noticed. TV is great but there is a software bug. Hopefully VIZIO will provide a fix.
My software version is: V1.3435.0180
Thanks
I have the 60" and it remembers all settings without issue. I've even pull the plug, and left it unplugged for a while, when moving the tv to my new entertainment center, and still all my settings including under professional are still there.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #2405 of 2734 Old 08-18-2014, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandOwnz View Post
So I purchased the 42" and when it arrived it was shattered. I'm sending it back and actually upgrading to the 48".

I was wondering what are the best settings for this tv. I will be mostly using it for Sports and my Xbox One .... I read somewhere I should make two different settings. Using the "game" mode for games, but still customize it ... then for movies/sports use a the calibrated setting but adjust it also.

If someone can just give me a rundown if this TV is legit, have they updated the SD aspect ratio and what are some good settings to start out with for both movies/sports and games.
anyone? anyone?
post #2406 of 2734 Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 217
[rant] I really don't see much point in publishing your 'settings'. If these settings were truly universal then I'd imagine Vizio would simply incorporate them. But since the settings depend on minor variations in the electronics of a given set, the viewing environment and most importantly personal taste, I don't see the point. Even more pointless is to publish inherently flawed pictures of the picture on a set. That's like watching a UHD 4K commercial on a 480i CRT set... [/rant]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Just as big an idea thief as)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2407 of 2734 Old 08-19-2014, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
[rant] I really don't see much point in publishing your 'settings'. If these settings were truly universal then I'd imagine Vizio would simply incorporate them. But since the settings depend on minor variations in the electronics of a given set, the viewing environment and most importantly personal taste, I don't see the point. Even more pointless is to publish inherently flawed pictures of the picture on a set. That's like watching a UHD 4K commercial on a 480i CRT set... [/rant]
yes... but... it could help others as a guide.
post #2408 of 2734 Old 08-19-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Well, I used settings put on here, and they worked great for me. So, it's not pointless. I mean, it took me 10mins to enter the new settings to give them a try. I had made a new custom to not lose my old settings, and we able to switch back and forward between the 2 and see the difference easily. 10mins is nothing to waste for a chance to get close or have the perfect picture for your tv. If it fails, oh well.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #2409 of 2734 Old 08-19-2014, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
If these settings were truly universal then I'd imagine Vizio would simply incorporate them.
If Vizio (or ANY maker for that matter) cared about visual fidelity, they would ship sets with a near-perfect (allowing for panel variance) calibration out of the box and not include garbage like Vivid mode. Of course, this doesn't account for factors like room brightness or content (watching fast-moving outdoor sports or noir movies) and viewer preferences for things like crushed blacks or searing whites.

Â
Latest review:
Â

post #2410 of 2734 Old 08-19-2014, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm pretty much That Guy, waffling between different TVs forever, always finding a problem that keeps me from pulling the trigger.

I had been looking at the E400i-B2, and it meets pretty much everything I'm looking for (lowish input lag, good picture, nice and cheap), but the one thing that's keeping me from buying it is this clicking/humming problem. I've been looking around and there are certainly a ton of people who mention it but it's hard to find someone who checked back in a while later. Is this a problem that eventually goes away, or do you just have to keep returning them until you get one that doesn't have it? Or is it pretty much assumed that all of that particular model will have the issue? I'll be using it in a small bedroom so any noise from the thing when it's off will be very noticeable, and even if it's faint it's the kind of thing that'll drive me crazy regardless of the room. It has me almost looking back at the M422i-b1 again (which I guess has a slightly better picture and a 4th HDMI which is very nice but it's $100 more and seemingly has a bit more input lag and aaaaaaagh buying TVs).

Last edited by petethepanda; 08-19-2014 at 10:09 AM.
post #2411 of 2734 Old 08-19-2014, 10:32 AM

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by petethepanda View Post
I'm pretty much That Guy, waffling between different TVs forever, always finding a problem that keeps me from pulling the trigger.

I had been looking at the E400i-B2, and it meets pretty much everything I'm looking for (lowish input lag, good picture, nice and cheap), but the one thing that's keeping me from buying it is this clicking/humming problem. I've been looking around and there are certainly a ton of people who mention it but it's hard to find someone who checked back in a while later. Is this a problem that eventually goes away, or do you just have to keep returning them until you get one that doesn't have it? Or is it pretty much assumed that all of that particular model will have the issue? I'll be using it in a small bedroom so any noise from the thing when it's off will be very noticeable, and even if it's faint it's the kind of thing that'll drive me crazy regardless of the room. It has me almost looking back at the M422i-b1 again (which I guess has a slightly better picture and a 4th HDMI which is very nice but it's $100 more and seemingly has a bit more input lag and aaaaaaagh buying TVs).
From Dan Jenkins:
"he ain't never gonna find nothin' in this old world that's dead solid perfect"

You pays your money, and you takes your choice.
post #2412 of 2734 Old 08-19-2014, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just got the 60" last week and I also have the issue where the 11pt white balance settings aren't saving. But is anyone actually noticing a change in the picture when the settings reset? Mine appears to look the same but I haven't done any testing to confirm other than eyeballing it.

Last edited by aerodynamics; 08-19-2014 at 05:49 PM.
post #2413 of 2734 Old 08-20-2014, 12:00 AM

Just powered on the set on the Chromecast input and before it switched away from the TV tuner the colors were all green and purple, like a bad HDMI handshake. Then they snapped correctly and a message came up that a firmware update had been installed. Now my E500i-B1 is running V1.34.41.0000. Anyone got a changelog?

Â
Latest review:
Â

post #2414 of 2734 Old 08-20-2014, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodynamics View Post
Just got the 60" last week and I also have the issue where the 11pt white balance settings aren't saving. But is anyone actually noticing a change in the picture when the settings reset? Mine appears to look the same but I haven't done any testing to confirm other than eyeballing it.
Just a question, when you setup the 11pt white balance, did you then rename the custom to something else? I renamed mine to AVS Set, and I've never lost the settings, everything is still the same. Just wondering if you renamed it, and it didn't make a difference.

post #2415 of 2734 Old 08-20-2014, 03:53 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblast View Post
Just a question, when you setup the 11pt white balance, did you then rename the custom to something else? I renamed mine to AVS Set, and I've never lost the settings, everything is still the same. Just wondering if you renamed it, and it didn't make a difference.
Mine are still named custom 1, 2, 3, and so on. I've never had a problem with settings disappearing.
post #2416 of 2734 Old 08-20-2014, 08:14 AM

After my post about the firmware a message popped up that Smart Viewing(?) had been enabled, but could be turned off in the menu. It's hidden in the Reset and Administrative menu and it doesn't really explain what it does, but it almost seems like advertising. Huh?

Â
Latest review:
Â

post #2417 of 2734 Old 08-20-2014, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I left it as Custom 1 but did apply a passcode to try and lock it.
post #2418 of 2734 Old 08-20-2014, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
After my post about the firmware a message popped up that Smart Viewing(?) had been enabled, but could be turned off in the menu. It's hidden in the Reset and Administrative menu and it doesn't really explain what it does, but it almost seems like advertising. Huh?

Do a search for "smart interactivity" for Vizio. Looks like that's what was enabled from the description.

Sent from my Flip Phone using DOS
post #2419 of 2734 Old 08-20-2014, 10:15 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by petethepanda View Post

Well, I have both a 420i-B0 and a 500i-B1, and have had two different 480i-b2's before exchanging/returning them. And none of them have any buzzing or clicking.

So either I'm extremely lucky in that department, or the issue isn't nearly as widespread as people claim.
post #2420 of 2734 Old 08-21-2014, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I bought the E550i-B2 about a couple months ago and I haven't been completely satisfied with the results. My dad has a cheaper $500 TV, Sharp LC50lb-150U, and that gets phenomenal picture. Could it be because I have Dish and he has cable? When I put in a Blu-Ray, it looks better than when watching TV but that's to be expected. What are some good settings to try? Or is Dish known to has lesser quality than cable TV?
post #2421 of 2734 Old 08-21-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molarmite View Post
I bought the E550i-B2 about a couple months ago and I haven't been completely satisfied with the results. My dad has a cheaper $500 TV, Sharp LC50lb-150U, and that gets phenomenal picture. Could it be because I have Dish and he has cable? When I put in a Blu-Ray, it looks better than when watching TV but that's to be expected. What are some good settings to try? Or is Dish known to has lesser quality than cable TV?
Everything is digital now, if you are getting a bad picture while watching tv, then it's the source, not the tv. If you can watch BluRay, and DVD's and have a good picture then the tv is fine. I think your problem is Dish. I believe cable has a high bandwidth, so the digital picture is better, because it has the speed to pump the picture to you, the lower the bandwidth, the lower the quality of the Digital picture you see, otherwise the picture would lag, like youtube can do on some videos. I'm guessing you Dish can't keep up, for HD, so, it drops down the picture quality till it can keep up.

post #2422 of 2734 Old 08-21-2014, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Everything is digital now, if you are getting a bad picture while watching tv, then it's the source, not the tv. If you can watch BluRay, and DVD's and have a good picture then the tv is fine. I think your problem is Dish. I believe cable has a high bandwidth, so the digital picture is better, because it has the speed to pump the picture to you, the lower the bandwidth, the lower the quality of the Digital picture you see, otherwise the picture would lag, like youtube can do on some videos. I'm guessing you Dish can't keep up, for HD, so, it drops down the picture quality till it can keep up.
Thanks for the quick response. Has anyone heard about Dish, or satellite TV in general, being worse? I know you mentioned the bandwidth issue but it's a pretty noticeable difference and I feel like they wouldn't be as popular as they are if they have this much worse quality.

Then again, they could just be popular because of rural areas.
post #2423 of 2734 Old 08-21-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molarmite View Post
Thanks for the quick response. Has anyone heard about Dish, or satellite TV in general, being worse? I know you mentioned the bandwidth issue but it's a pretty noticeable difference and I feel like they wouldn't be as popular as they are if they have this much worse quality.

Then again, they could just be popular because of rural areas.
Not sure, could be your box. I would call Dish, and explain your problem, they might have a solution for you.

post #2424 of 2734 Old 08-21-2014, 06:19 PM

Has anyone had a yellow line that keeps going up their TV? I just got this TV today and just recently noticed it.

Also does the firmware update by itself or can i force it too, just wondering if it might be fixed in the firmware.
post #2425 of 2734 Old 08-21-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Has anyone had a yellow line that keeps going up their TV? I just got this TV today and just recently noticed it.

Also does the firmware update by itself or can i force it too, just wondering if it might be fixed in the firmware.
Either the yellow line is from the source, or the tv is flawed, and you need to return it.

post #2426 of 2734 Old 08-21-2014, 07:03 PM

I think it is the source actually, I'm watching ESPN on my Xbox One. And haven't noticed it on the commercials and some different angles.

as for the firmware, how do I update it?
post #2427 of 2734 Old 08-21-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I think it is the source actually, I'm watching ESPN on my Xbox One. And haven't noticed it on the commercials and some different angles.

It's automatic, it usually happens when you turn the tv on. Not that it happens often or anything. You'll just turn on the tv one day, and there will be a message letting you know that the firmware has been updated. No way to force it.
ClevelandOwnz likes this.

post #2428 of 2734 Old 08-22-2014, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

Is the DISH box hooked up through the XBOX one or straight into the TV?

If its through the XB1, is there any difference in quality if you go straight into the TV?
post #2429 of 2734 Old 08-22-2014, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm looking for a TV that has great picture for a great price. I'm also a Console Gamer, and I was looking at the E480i-B2, the E480-B2, and the E500i-B1. Are these good TVs? I want to know because I had a frustrating experience with a Hisense TV regarding the picture.
post #2430 of 2734 Old 08-22-2014, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Cool

And another set of settings for people to try out.... These are for the E550i-B2 I have in my guest bedroom. I've had it for awhile (since early April) but only in the last couple weeks was it finally updated to a new enough firmware to even have the Professional display menu settings. This was calibrated with my SpectraCal C6 colorimeter trained to my X-Rite Eye One Pro spectroradiometer (with enhanced SpectraCal calibration tables). This is targeting a ITU-BT1886 / 2.4 gamma curve (and is very close; no error on grayscale exceeds around 1.5 dE). I found I didn't even really "run out" of room on the top end by letting it gradually drift away from it above 70%, which is bright enough that exact gamma doesn't matter much anyway and the absolute error is tiny anyway. As always, YMMV.

---Picture settings menu---
Picture Mode: Custom 1
Auto Brightness Control: Off
Backlight: 70
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 85
Color: 52
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 25

--Advanced Picture submenu---
Color temperature: Normal
Black Detail: Off
Active LED Zones: On
Motion Blur Reduction: Off
Reduce Signal Noise: Low
Reduce Block Noise: Low
Picture Size: [no change]
Picture Position: [no change]
Film Mode: Auto
Wide: Normal

---Professional Picture submenu---
Color Tuner:
Red [Hue, Saturation, Brightness]: 0, 4, -5
Green: 0, -4, -6
Blue: 0, -5, 4
Cyan: 26, 0, 0
Magenta: -36, -22, 11
Yellow: 14, 0, -3

Red offset: 0
Red gain: 2
Green offset: 0
Green Gain: 4
Blue offset: -1
Blue gain: 0

11-point white balance:
[Red, Green and Blue gain]
5%: -21, -21, -37
10%: -19, -19, -32
20%: -35, -31, -26
30%: -42, -34, -33
40%: -35, -29, -25
50%: -36, -33, -20
60%: -28, -13, -12
70%: -24, -30, 0
80%: -13, 2, -18
90%: -10, -23, 0
100%: -18, 10, -10

I'm definitely awe-struck at just how good this set looks for how little I paid for it; it's in the same basic territory as far as bang-for-buck as Panny's final low-end plasmas (S60, S64, ST60) from last year were.
ShawnE94SL likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E Series E401i A2 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lit Internet Hdtv , vizio m series m602i-b3
Gear in this thread - E401i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page