Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblast View Post
I started from Picture Mode: Computer

Setting for E600i-b3...

Thanks appreciate it. I'll try these and likely tweak them a bit (no two sets are identical) tomorrow.

I'll add that I'd imagine that is a typo on the Vizio website for the 65" and for all the comments on it if there are people really interested in it why not just contact Vizio on it? If all the people who are curious about it and possibly interested don't bring that up to them (ie: if it's a typo) they'd never know to correct it on their site if it indeed is just an error on their listing.

I'm thinking I'm going to be happy with my 60" and I'll give it a real test these next 7 days as I was gone most of the weekend and will have my PS4 running Destiny a lot and checking out a few movies (digital hd and blu-rays), tv shows, and some football.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 2730 Old 09-14-2014, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by suppaman View Post

I'll add that I'd imagine that is a typo on the Vizio website for the 65" and for all the comments on it if there are people really interested in it why not just contact Vizio on it? If all the people who are curious about it and possibly interested don't bring that up to them (ie: if it's a typo) they'd never know to correct it on their site if it indeed is just an error on their listing.
People DID contact Vizio, the stated what the website displays (6 Zones)...Contacting low level reps is usually not the best way to validate information. They mostly have the same that you will see on the website or find in the manual. Without either having one tested, someone buying one to test, or getting someone "higher up" in the chain to validate you are rolling the dice
post #2703 of 2730 Old 09-14-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
People DID contact Vizio, the stated what the website displays (6 Zones)...Contacting low level reps is usually not the best way to validate information. They mostly have the same that you will see on the website or find in the manual. Without either having one tested, someone buying one to test, or getting someone "higher up" in the chain to validate you are rolling the dice
I wouldn't expect low level reps to know, but flag the item for review and send it up the chain (or laterally..etc, basically some basic internal research via email). Especially if enough people contacted them on it.
videobruce likes this.
post #2704 of 2730 Old 09-14-2014, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 41
The funny thing about the 65" is, it doesn't really matter about how many zones. Active LED zones are to big on the E series, and they cause flaws in the picture when On. So, you're most likely going to turn them Off. So, 6 zones, or 16 zones, will make no difference anyway.

I think the B3 are the best panels in the E series line. It's a good chance that holds true for the M and the P series.

But I'm pretty happy with my E600i-b3, I think most people know that now. I'm really thinking of just picking up another one, maybe on Black Friday, or if there is a really good sale before then. If I could get it for $700 or less, then I'll snap it up. I can get 1 year no interest from Sam's.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #2705 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 03:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Active LED zones are to big on the E series, and they cause flaws in the picture when On. So, you're most likely going to turn them Off. So, 6 zones, or 16 zones, will make no difference anyway.
But, it still isn't clear if 32 is enough. At least two reviews said it didn't seem to make a difference.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #2706 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 09:14 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
The funny thing about the 65" is, it doesn't really matter about how many zones. Active LED zones are to big on the E series, and they cause flaws in the picture when On. So, you're most likely going to turn them Off. So, 6 zones, or 16 zones, will make no difference anyway.

I think the B3 are the best panels in the E series line. It's a good chance that holds true for the M and the P series.

But I'm pretty happy with my E600i-b3, I think most people know that now. I'm really thinking of just picking up another one, maybe on Black Friday, or if there is a really good sale before then. If I could get it for $700 or less, then I'll snap it up. I can get 1 year no interest from Sam's.
Any specific reasons you'd say the b3 is significantly better than the b2? Just wondering if I should be interested in the e70 over the e65 or even the m65 for some reason.

Thanks
post #2707 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
But, it still isn't clear if 32 is enough. At least two reviews said it didn't seem to make a difference.
The M series has 32 Zoens, and they are half the size of the E series, so should cause less a problem, but probably still not perfect.

The P series, will have half the size of the M series, so they should work rather well I would think. Will it be perfect, I don't know.

The R series will have 384 zones, that should be perfect, the zones will be 6 times smaller then the P series, which is pretty small.

I don't know about the other panels. But with the B3 panels, you don't really need the zones. The blacks by default are pretty good. Maybe they aren't as good as being able to turn off the LED, as the Zones do, but the difference isn't huge, it's just slight.

Now, if you are use to plasma screens, and get a B3 panel, and compare the two, don't expect the B3 to win, but at least you don't have to worry about burn in.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #2708 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
+1
post #2709 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
rtings.com review for the m series is up if anybody is deciding b/w the e or the m series.. https://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lc...vizio/m-series
post #2710 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
But I'm pretty happy with my E600i-b3, I think most people know that now.
I am still not entirely happy.

Few main issues that I have now
1. 11 point WB settings are not sticking. Perhaps this is fixable by a firmware update.
2. Gamma looks out of whack making the pictures look a bit washed out
3. Main issue: The dark areas look blue. Anytime there is a blue in the scene it pops. People wearing dark suit looks navy. This is even more obvious off-axis. I might have to bite the bullet and fire up my calman with S3 to see if I can correct this. None of the posted calibrations correct this.
4. The pictures look on the cooler side and I am missing my XBR910 tube TV's calibrated warm picture. It seems to me that the TV is dominated with blues and sometime yellow-greens and the reds are virtually missing.
5. Since the firmware update, the blacks have become deeper but it would seem that the black details are lost.

This TV's color palette looks out whack to me.

Of course a full calibration might correct it but I am not sure I can achieve a good gamma without using the 11 point tuner.
post #2711 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWPRO24Z View Post
rtings.com review for the m series is up if anybody is deciding b/w the e or the m series.. https://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lc...vizio/m-series
Interesting, the E 60" matched or bettered the M in all of his 4 main categories, especially interesting was the marked difference in dark room contrast rating between the two models, 9.2 for the E and 7.4 for the M.
post #2712 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Interesting, the E 60" matched or bettered the M in all of his 4 main categories, especially interesting was the marked difference in dark room contrast rating between the two models, 9.2 for the E and 7.4 for the M.
Think that's probably b/c he reviewed the 55' M which according to him has an ips panel. Ips panels have better viewing angles but worse black levels

Last edited by LOWPRO24Z; 09-15-2014 at 01:12 PM.
post #2713 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 01:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Think that's probably b/c he reviewed the 55' M which according to him has an ips panel Ips panels have better viewing angles but worse black levels
Probably so.
post #2714 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 01:14 PM

I wish he would've reviewed the 60' M instead as I believe that's a B3 panel as well.
post #2715 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smodak View Post
I am still not entirely happy.

Few main issues that I have now
1. 11 point WB settings are not sticking. Perhaps this is fixable by a firmware update.
2. Gamma looks out of whack making the pictures look a bit washed out
3. Main issue: The dark areas look blue. Anytime there is a blue in the scene it pops. People wearing dark suit looks navy. This is even more obvious off-axis. I might have to bite the bullet and fire up my calman with S3 to see if I can correct this. None of the posted calibrations correct this.
4. The pictures look on the cooler side and I am missing my XBR910 tube TV's calibrated warm picture. It seems to me that the TV is dominated with blues and sometime yellow-greens and the reds are virtually missing.
5. Since the firmware update, the blacks have become deeper but it would seem that the black details are lost.

This TV's color palette looks out whack to me.

Of course a full calibration might correct it but I am not sure I can achieve a good gamma without using the 11 point tuner.
The way you talk about yours makes me think that you got a different panel in yours or something.

I don't seem to have any of the issues you described. I wonder since I got one of the first ones, that there is some kind of difference between the newer ones.

post #2716 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I wish he would've reviewed the 60' M instead as I believe that's a B3 panel as well.
I wish he would have too. I guess he didn't know the whole panel thing with the Vizio's.

post #2717 of 2730 Old 09-15-2014, 07:52 PM

Liked: 0
I gave up and just ordered the e70 from amazon, not a bad deal right now for $1380 or so.

Couple more questions: I'm new to the flat screen thing and new to the forum, can anyone give advice or point me to a thread regarding the best wall mount to get and a nice way to hide the cords?

All I know is that quite a few mounts say "fits up to 65in" but this e70 still has the VESA 400x400 size. Any recommendations on a mount for this beast? I also thought I needed to get something specific for the cords so that I'm not actually running a power cord through the wall, so any help there is appreciated.

Again, if another place on the forum is appropriate to ask these questions, please point me that way.

Thanks
post #2718 of 2730 Old 09-16-2014, 03:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AalumEntropy View Post
I gave up and just ordered the e70 from amazon, not a bad deal right now for $1380 or so.

Couple more questions: I'm new to the flat screen thing and new to the forum, can anyone give advice or point me to a thread regarding the best wall mount to get and a nice way to hide the cords?

All I know is that quite a few mounts say "fits up to 65in" but this e70 still has the VESA 400x400 size. Any recommendations on a mount for this beast? I also thought I needed to get something specific for the cords so that I'm not actually running a power cord through the wall, so any help there is appreciated.

Again, if another place on the forum is appropriate to ask these questions, please point me that way.

Thanks
I've had good luck with Sanus wall mounts. Easiest way to hide the plugs is in fact to run them through the wall. You have a couple options there, the easiest is since your wall mount will mount to two studs, cut a hole and drop the cords down to another hole and plug in. Home Depot, Amazon, etc will sell plastic pieces designed for cord management that will clean up the hole you cut (assuming you cut it to the correct size that it says).
There's just no good reason to have cords dangling down a wall when it takes 10 mins to cut 2 holes and hide them. If you have no entertainment center to keep them hidden once they come out of the hole, then the process is more involved and would require drywall patching and running 12/2 or 14/2wire from an outlet to behind the TV and using and Arlington Recessed Mount that can house 2 outlets, one dedicated for outlets the other for coax, hdmi, Ethernet, etc.

Edit: Whatever mount you buy, I was told by a professional installer, always get it bigger than you need if possible. Ex: I had a 40" tv to mount and rather than getting a mount that fits up to a 40" he recommended getting the next size up so that you aren't pushing the limits of what the mount can handle. Also decide what you want your mount to do before you buy. If you want your TV in a fixed position, have no desire to swing it out, turn it left or right, why pay extra for those features if they're of no use?

Last edited by n0s4atu; 09-16-2014 at 03:25 AM.
post #2719 of 2730 Old 09-16-2014, 04:58 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0s4atu View Post
I've had good luck with Sanus wall mounts. Easiest way to hide the plugs is in fact to run them through the wall. You have a couple options there, the easiest is since your wall mount will mount to two studs, cut a hole and drop the cords down to another hole and plug in. Home Depot, Amazon, etc will sell plastic pieces designed for cord management that will clean up the hole you cut (assuming you cut it to the correct size that it says).
There's just no good reason to have cords dangling down a wall when it takes 10 mins to cut 2 holes and hide them. If you have no entertainment center to keep them hidden once they come out of the hole, then the process is more involved and would require drywall patching and running 12/2 or 14/2wire from an outlet to behind the TV and using and Arlington Recessed Mount that can house 2 outlets, one dedicated for outlets the other for coax, hdmi, Ethernet, etc.

Edit: Whatever mount you buy, I was told by a professional installer, always get it bigger than you need if possible. Ex: I had a 40" tv to mount and rather than getting a mount that fits up to a 40" he recommended getting the next size up so that you aren't pushing the limits of what the mount can handle. Also decide what you want your mount to do before you buy. If you want your TV in a fixed position, have no desire to swing it out, turn it left or right, why pay extra for those features if they're of no use?
Just to add to that; in order to meet code in most areas the cables in your wall (especially the power) need to be in-wall rated. Some areas low voltage wiring (ethernet, HDMI, etc.) doesn't need to be; but in some areas it does. I can just about guarantee you, though, that power will need to be. You can't run the TV's power cord down through the wall. And even if it wasn't against code; should there be a fire- you don't want to give the insurance company a reason to deny you (it's for that reason that I have in-wall rated everything, including HDMI)

If you don't mind spending a few bucks more and want a REALLY clean install; check these out:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

That's what I'm using. Along with their 'deco' inserts. Also simplifies installation a bit. Though there's no real advantage to that over a standard pass-through plate. It looks a little cleaner but it's not like you can see it! The reason I went that way is just cable management. Using short 12" cables to go from the AVR to the wall, wall to TV; etc., keeps things really clean.
post #2720 of 2730 Old 09-16-2014, 07:01 AM

have a E320fi-B2 I bought yesterday 32 inch is as big as I'd ever go in my bedroom.

Noticed today it had a firmware update. Any site that tells me what is in the firmware update? Had a Sanyo 27 inch (same bloody size as this new one but less screen and much heavier) since 2008 but it was ghosting of late. noticeably on Chariots of Fire ... So not new to flat screens but this is the first non Sanyo (Walmart) in the house... love the remote. albeit the tv has a single button on it smh
post #2721 of 2730 Old 09-16-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrynXX View Post
have a E320fi-B2 I bought yesterday 32 inch is as big as I'd ever go in my bedroom.

Noticed today it had a firmware update. Any site that tells me what is in the firmware update? Had a Sanyo 27 inch (same bloody size as this new one but less screen and much heavier) since 2008 but it was ghosting of late. noticeably on Chariots of Fire ... So not new to flat screens but this is the first non Sanyo (Walmart) in the house... love the remote. albeit the tv has a single button on it smh
would like one question DLNA and Netgear. they don't seem to like each other. nevermind the codec problems. I have one avi and another avi and one avi says codec not support sigh. and it hates mp4's didn't know anyone hated mp4's. I've had to convert most of my home videos because mp4 is a universal format. But mainly with the Netgear. it like sees 2 folders thats about it. one a hidden folder $hidden and a share folder of dads. nothing else. which both Roku (with an app) sees and Chromecast zero problem with that. Hope a firmware upgrade fixes this.
post #2722 of 2730 Old 09-16-2014, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Official 2014 Vizio Exxx-Bx Series owners thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrynXX View Post
would like one question DLNA and Netgear. they don't seem to like each other. nevermind the codec problems. I have one avi and another avi and one avi says codec not support sigh. and it hates mp4's didn't know anyone hated mp4's. I've had to convert most of my home videos because mp4 is a universal format. But mainly with the Netgear. it like sees 2 folders thats about it. one a hidden folder $hidden and a share folder of dads. nothing else. which both Roku (with an app) sees and Chromecast zero problem with that. Hope a firmware upgrade fixes this.

Just make sure you call Vizio and open a trouble ticket/feature request. Unless you do that and there follow suit nothing will ever get done.

As far as media files, just remember that AVI/MP4 are container formats. These sets do play Avis and mp4s but it may be what's in the container that is throwing things off. Also try using a USB directly connected to the TV to see if the files play. You issue seems similar to those who were using DLNA/Plex to play over network and had larger files.

Sent from my Flip Phone using DOS

Last edited by Ph8te; 09-16-2014 at 03:12 PM.
post #2723 of 2730 Old 09-17-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertacrit View Post
Hey Everyone

I have the E480i-B2. Got the automatic firmware "update" a few days ago (V1.34.46.1166_27). Ever since this update my TV randomly turns off. It NEVER did this before, so to my brain the only thing that is different than before is the firmware. Any Ideas?

Also, it reset all my picture adjustments I made, which I corrected, but it was annoying. Did this happen to anyone else?

Does anyone know if/where there may be a log explaining what the firmware "fixed" or "improved"? Vizio.com is worthless.

Any info anyone has would help...esp the random power down. It would also be interesting to see if anyone else had these issues after the "update"

Thnx
well after going through troubleshooting chats with Vizio.com, they are sending a tech out to fix it in the next few days, as the problem persists. We will see what happens
post #2724 of 2730 Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

HI everyone,

Not sure if I got a lemon but here is what I noticed with my 70" E-series TV, anyone else????

"My 70" E series, the color was washed out, oranges, reds, etc did not look good at all. I was watching the Broncos game on it and their uniform color was almost fluorescent looking. Motion blur was pretty evident as well, during the games, even with all the settings on to eliminate this. We were watching a show and they were showing magazine covers of Oprah and they were scrolling across the screen and they were real jittery. The TV's resolution was good, some shows looked good once I got it tweaked but vibrant colors were way off no matter what I did.

I watched an action scene on transformers blu-ray and during fast actions scene they looked blurry and had no detail
My 5 year old Panny Plasma blew the picture quality away.

We returned it and got the M-series and ALL these issues were gone, the picture was so clear and vibrant! Colors looked great even on Vizio default settings! Once we got it home I felt like I got a 4k HDTV it was so clear, lol!
I hope you and anyone else have better luck with it because it is so affordable!"

Last edited by Sebastian1; Yesterday at 10:56 AM.
post #2725 of 2730 Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian1 View Post
HI everyone,

Not sure if I got a lemon but here is what I noticed with my 70" E-series TV, anyone else????

"My 70" E series, the color was washed out, oranges, reds, etc did not look good at all. I was watching the Broncos game on it and their uniform color was almost fluorescent looking. Motion blur was pretty evident as well, during the games, even with all the settings on to eliminate this. We were watching a show and they were showing magazine covers of Oprah and they were scrolling across the screen and they were real jittery. The TV's resolution was good, some shows looked good once I got it tweaked but vibrant colors were way off no matter what I did.

I watched an action scene on transformers blu-ray and during fast actions scene they looked blurry and had no detail
My 5 year old Panny Plasma blew the picture quality away.

We returned it and got the M-series and ALL these issues were gone, the picture was so clear and vibrant! Colors looked great even on Vizio default settings! Once we got it home I felt like I got a 4k HDTV it was so clear, lol!
I hope you and anyone else have better luck with it because it is so affordable!"
Ugh! Don't tell me that! I ordered the E series because all the reviews said the M Series was only marginally better! (And a few hundred bucks more)
post #2726 of 2730 Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Couple questions for you guys. So did this last firmware update on the 60" change picture settings? Also does anyone know if using the "computer" calibration change how color space is handled?

~Brandon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2727 of 2730 Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
The way you talk about yours makes me think that you got a different panel in yours or something.

I don't seem to have any of the issues you described. I wonder since I got one of the first ones, that there is some kind of difference between the newer ones.
I agree, my 60" doesn't have any issues like this

~Brandon

post #2728 of 2730 Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augerpro View Post
I agree, my 60" doesn't have any issues like this
How long have you had your E600i-b3?

I think I've had mine since april.

post #2729 of 2730 Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augerpro View Post
Couple questions for you guys. So did this last firmware update on the 60" change picture settings? Also does anyone know if using the "computer" calibration change how color space is handled?
The new update seemed to deepen the colors a bit, not sure about the Computer mode though.

I can tell you that I calibrated mine while in Computer mode though.

post #2730 of 2730 Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM

got a E600i-B3 this week good tv. got a firmware update in 24 hours.

don't know what else i could add to this thread. but this ?

being a power hawk put the kill-a watt on her today and found she can use as little as about 63 watts to as much as 140 watts depending on the picture settings. for those without a kill-a watt

standard 65 watts
calibrated 135 watts
calibrated dark 63 watts
vivid 137 watts
game 113 watts
computer 112 watts

i might not be as picky as some but i came up with the settings below that serve me well, looking very real life.
custom 1
Auto Brightness Control: medium
Backlight: 88 (not adjustable)
Brightness: 43
Contrast: 80
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 70
using 64 watts
no other settings touched

my Mitsubishi WD-62827 DLP 8+ years now,new Lamp and mirror & lens cleaning last year and she's like new again. sweet and she has over 27,000 hours now.the most important reading you might ever do.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E Series E401i A2 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lit Internet Hdtv , vizio m series m602i-b3
Gear in this thread - E401i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page