post #2791 of 2807 Old 09-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombasaman View Post
I'll be coming from a Sony KDL-46ex500. A pretty decent LCD I bought 4-5 years ago. I suspect the PQ won't be drastically better on the E600i or M602i, I'm hoping at least about the same as my Sony. I do hope the Vizio performs better in a bright room. One wall of the living room in my condo is all windows and my current Sony didn't perform the greatest during the day (blackout curtains were out of the questions from the Mrs.).

I'm still up in the air between an E and an M but you're persuading me towards the E!
The the E is plenty bright enough. No problem there.

Here's are review of the E600i-b3. LINK http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/vizio/e-series

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2807 Old 09-29-2014, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I've had my E600i for a few days now and could not be happier with my purchase. Out of the box, it certainly needs calibration, but once it is calibrated it is excellent. In my mind, it is hands down the best value in TVs ever. I had preordered a 70" P-Series but canceled it as I decided 4K was unneeded right now. Looking at the size difference in person between the 60" and 70" I just couldn't justify the almost 87.5% price premium for the small amount of additional size. I'd rather buy 2 E600i's for 2 different rooms instead.

If you're on the fence, I'd say go buy this TV now!
iceblast likes this.
post #2793 of 2807 Old 09-29-2014, 08:00 PM

Liked: 10
I just wall mounted an e600i for my mother and she loves it. I was wondering though has anybody found out how to remove the black plastic piece that comes off the bottom that would go into the TV stand? It would look so much cleaner if it came off when mounted but I didn't notice any screw holes or anything. Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e600i-b3-3_1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	286730  
post #2794 of 2807 Old 09-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 11
There's gotta be a way to remove it, I think I saw some screws on the back on mine. I'm interested too as it will go up on the wall soon. What wall mount did you use for it?
post #2795 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPDX View Post
I just wall mounted an e600i for my mother and she loves it. I was wondering though has anybody found out how to remove the black plastic piece that comes off the bottom that would go into the TV stand? It would look so much cleaner if it came off when mounted but I didn't notice any screw holes or anything. Thanks!!
There is no mention of that "neck" piece being able to be removed in the manual. The "neck" and the "base" are separate pieces on the M and both are installed when unboxing. Looks like the "neck" is attached at the factory on the E. That would really be bad if it can't be removed.

Are all the E series like this?
post #2796 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 05:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye2 View Post
There is no mention of that "neck" piece being able to be removed in the manual. The "neck" and the "base" are separate pieces on the M and both are installed when unboxing. Looks like the "neck" is attached at the factory on the E. That would really be bad if it can't be removed.

Are all the E series like this?
Definitely not - the E550i-B2 I have in my guest bedroom doesn't have a permanently attached neck, nor does the E400i-B2 over at my mom's bedroom at her place.
post #2797 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPDX View Post
Look again. There are 4 screws on the back that hold the "neck". Remove those and it will come off.
post #2798 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I own the 55 inch model, and since a firmware update a couple of weeks ago, I haven't been able to access Netflix through the TV's apps. It is giving me an error and the code doesn't make sense because it's telling me to check my internet connection. All other internet-only apps are working just fine including Hulu Plus. Am I the only one experiencing this? I assumed I would see more people with this complaint when I checked the thread.
post #2799 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googer View Post
Definitely not - the E550i-B2 I have in my guest bedroom doesn't have a permanently attached neck, nor does the E400i-B2 over at my mom's bedroom at her place.
I did look at all of the E series owners manuals on the Vizio website and you are correct, all of the others show the neck and base and the appropriate number of screws to attach / detach them both. The 60 and 70 are NOT depicted that way. It only shows the base detaching.

Maybe IceBlast can comment, he has an E60.

Last edited by PingEye2; Yesterday at 01:29 PM.
post #2800 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hacksaw to the rescue?
post #2801 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM

Liked: 10
horizontal gray bars on e700i

Hi,

Just got the e700i-b3 from costco. There seems to be about 2inch wide very slight darker gray bars running top to bottom near each end of the tv. Its not really visible when watching tv, but shows up very slightly on gray or white backgrounds. The bars are not distinct rectangles, but generally that shape.

Wondering if these patchesare an issue with the model of the tv, or something that might get worse over time. Its a big pain to return because of its size, but I don't want this to get worse.

Thanks.
post #2802 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmTVs View Post
Hi,

Just got the e700i-b3 from costco. There seems to be about 2inch wide very slight darker gray bars running top to bottom near each end of the tv. Its not really visible when watching tv, but shows up very slightly on gray or white backgrounds. The bars are not distinct rectangles, but generally that shape.

Wondering if these patchesare an issue with the model of the tv, or something that might get worse over time. Its a big pain to return because of its size, but I don't want this to get worse.

Thanks.
Do you have local dimming enabled? Turn it off and see if you have the same issue. Local dimming on these larger panels (with large dimming zones) are notorious for having a bit of a 'gradient effect'.
post #2803 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye2 View Post
I did look at all of the E series owners manuals on the Vizio website and you are correct, all of the others show the neck and base and the appropriate number of screws to attach / detach them both. The 60 and 70 are NOT depicted that way. It only shows the base detaching.

Maybe IceBlast can comment, he has an E60.
I have a 70" model. 4 screws on the back and the whole base and neck come sliding out. I undid the screws, and (with help) just picked it up off the base and put it on the wall.

Here's a pic:

SirDracula likes this.
post #2804 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quick question. Is there a way to change the country of the E600 without doing a factory reset?

I accidently chose the wrong country and now I don't have Hulu app.

Thanks.
post #2805 of 2807 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans5.8 View Post
I have a 70" model. 4 screws on the back and the whole base and neck come sliding out. I undid the screws, and (with help) just picked it up off the base and put it on the wall.
That makes a lot more sense. So it appears the the E60 and E 70 "necks" are attached at the factory and only the bases are attached by the users, but the whole thing can be removed.

Thanks for the information and the pic.
post #2806 of 2807 Old Today, 12:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmTVs View Post
Hi,

Thanks.
I would recommend turning Off Active LED Zones, and leaving them off. The E series B3 panels have great native blacks, and Active LED Zones On causes flaws in the picture in different ways. It's just not a very good feature on the tv. But doesn't matter, because the native blacks are so good by default.

If you still see gray bars at the top and bottom after turning Off Active LED Zones, then I would say you have a flaw in the panel, and would return it. Because it's a 70" it's going to be a pain. But I'd rather do it, then keep a tv that might have a problem.

Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3, 950watts, Intel 3770k, 16gb ram, 30tb, Sli Nvidia 480, THX Sound Card, Logitech THX z906 Speakers, E600i-b3, Yamaha v375, Cerwin Vega VS150, VS120, L7's, and Klipsch 2.2
post #2807 of 2807 Old Today, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have an E70 and do not have that gray bar problem. I also have the Active LED Zones turned off, which was pretty much a necessity. TV looks great.

I also had to remove 4 screws to get the neck of the base off, but that was pretty obvious...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E Series E401i A2 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lit Internet Hdtv , vizio m series m602i-b3
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page