Sony Vs Samsung - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 01-15-2014, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
clemsondds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all! Trying to decide between Sony 55w900a and the Samsung un60f7100. Any thoughts? Obviously the sony is a higher quality but is it that much better? I would love to have a 60 inch if possible. I'm trying to stay under $2000. So I guess it comes down to quality picture vs size. What are your thoughts? Which would you go with?
Thank you for your help!
clemsondds is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 Old 01-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 73
What is your viewing distance?
DRN94 is online now  
post #3 of 48 Old 01-15-2014, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
clemsondds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
8-12 ft
clemsondds is offline  
post #4 of 48 Old 01-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 73
At that distance you're better off getting the Sony 55W900A or the Samsung UN55F8000. I have the 55" Samsung F8000 myself and couldn't be happier.
DRN94 is online now  
post #5 of 48 Old 01-15-2014, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
clemsondds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks! Any other thoughts?
clemsondds is offline  
post #6 of 48 Old 01-15-2014, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
*UFO*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsondds View Post

Thanks! Any other thoughts?

At 8-12ft you will want to go at least 60", if not larger. The biggest regret people have when buying a new tv is not getting a bigger one.
Djoel likes this.
*UFO* is offline  
post #7 of 48 Old 01-16-2014, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
clemsondds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any thoughts on comparing either of these tvs? Or any thoughts on the specific tv themselves? Thanks!!
clemsondds is offline  
post #8 of 48 Old 01-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I would recommend getting either the 55" Sony W900A or the 55" Samsung F8000. If you are interested in getting the extra 5" of screen space, then I would recommend you get the 60" Samsung F8000. CNET gave the Sony W900A and Samsung F8000 equal picture quality scores so you will get practically the same visual experience from each. But from what I can tell from Sony's website, they do not offer a 60" version of the W900A. So the only other 60" TV that can match the picture quality of the W900A would be the 60" F8000.
DRN94 is online now  
post #9 of 48 Old 01-16-2014, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
clemsondds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
is the samsung 7100 that bad?
clemsondds is offline  
post #10 of 48 Old 01-16-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
*UFO*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsondds View Post

is the samsung 7100 that bad?

I had the F7100 for one night before returning it the next morning. I thought the picture quality was great actually. The problem with it is that you can not turn the dimming off unless you are in movie picture mode. So every time there was a mostly black scene, the image got extremely dark to the point where it was hard to see anything. Also, input lag on all Samsung tv's is going to be rather high. If you are gaming look elsewhere.
*UFO* is offline  
post #11 of 48 Old 01-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 73
The F8000 has sub 30ms input lag on Game Mode as of firmware 1116. Input lag is not an issue on the F8000.

clemsondds, if you're looking for the best 60" LED picture quality, look no further than the 60" F8000.
DRN94 is online now  
post #12 of 48 Old 01-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
sodaboy581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Concord, California
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post

Also, input lag on all Samsung tv's is going to be rather high. If you are gaming look elsewhere.
What is "rather high"? My F6300 has 39-42ms in PC mode and 46-48 in Game mode. Sony would be better since it's under 35, but I think anything under 50ms isn't "high". It's acceptable. Anything past 50ms (which is more than 3 frames of lag) would be considered high. IMHO

Current HT setup:

Samsung UN65F6300 65" LCD HDTV, Polk CS20 Center, 2x Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, 2x Polk TSI300 Backs, Polk PSW110 Subwoofer.

sodaboy581 is offline  
post #13 of 48 Old 01-17-2014, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
clemsondds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
any other thoughts? thanks
clemsondds is offline  
post #14 of 48 Old 01-18-2014, 06:15 AM
Newbie
 
Big4Jerm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would personally go with the 55W900 over the F8000. You'll save some money and get a better picture IMHO. The Triluminous display on the W900 can physically display more color than non triluminous panels. The W900 is rated as one of the best gaming TVs as well, only behind the Sony 55W802. More than twice as responsive as the F8000. http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57589240-221/best-low-lag-hdtvs-for-serious-gamers/
Big4Jerm3 is offline  
post #15 of 48 Old 01-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 73
The triluminous has a very subtle effect to the picture quality. I got a chance to see the W900A in person today right next to the F8000.
There was a bit of "Dirty Screen Effects" on all white screens on the W900A. The peak whites on the W900A weren't as bright as the F8000 as well. Colors did appear more saturated on the W900A but not enough to make a difference outside a side by side comparison.

Input lag on the F8000 is sub 30ms now. That's more than responsive enough for even competitive gamers.

My point here is go for the 60" F8000. You'll get the best 60" LED picture quality currently available at a fair price since the new 2014 sets are coming out soon.
DRN94 is online now  
post #16 of 48 Old 01-18-2014, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
clemsondds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the f8000 is outside my budget. I'm looking at the 7100. Any thoughts?
clemsondds is offline  
post #17 of 48 Old 01-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I would recommend saving up and buying in a few months then. The F8000 should see another price drop by then as well. Go flagship or go home in my opinion.
DRN94 is online now  
post #18 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
clemsondds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Everyone agree with this guy? Should I really wait for the 8000? I just saw that the 60f7100 is on sale right now for $1789. What do you guys think?
clemsondds is offline  
post #19 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Senior Member
 
CaptinCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kennedale, Tx
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
It really all comes down to what you want, size, do you game?, how will you use this set more, cable, OTA HD, Blue-Ray, will it be the focal point of your home entertainment area?

The F7100 is ok but not near as good as the F8000 or the Sony W900A. As for size, again that's a personal choice. I went through 3 TV's before settling on my W900A. I started off with a Panny 60ST60 but couldn't get past the IR so it went back for the Sammy F8000 as I wanted a 60" TV. However the F8000 had several issues with it, bad flash lighting in the corners, and very poor screen uniformity. So it went back and I waited another month till the Sony W900A dropped in price to $1999 before pulling the trigger, and I'm glad I did. Even though I gave up on some screen size the Sony was perfect right out of the box without the issues of the F8000 and a far better picture.

So IMO, I would read through both the W900A and the F8000 threads to get the pros and cons of both sets, as well as viewing them at the store. I really don't think you will go wrong with either choice just make sure you get a good Panel on which ever you go with.

biggrin.gif


I'm not brand loyal either, as I have a 8yr old Sharp, 4yr old Samsung, and the NEW Sony in the house, and yes the Sony is KING.....lol

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
Klipsch RB-51 II (Front Preference)
SVS PB-2000
CaptinCrunch is offline  
post #20 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
GrooveRite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsondds View Post

Everyone agree with this guy? Should I really wait for the 8000? I just saw that the 60f7100 is on sale right now for $1789. What do you guys think?

I'm looking at these exact 2 sets as well also at 60". I like the price of the 7100 BUT the 8000 is the better set. If you go into the 7100 thread, you'll see that while the set is good, it does comes with its fair share of problems that make it unfavorable in my opinion. I like the price of the 7100 but I can't afford the 8100....at least not yet. The week before the Super Bowl will be our best bet to get the best price for last years model for this year. Good luck in whatever you choose!

Gamertag: BaneAssassin
PSN: BaneAssassin
GrooveRite is offline  
post #21 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I find it hilarious that Sony's number one fanboy *UFO* decided to get yet another W900A after going through so many problems with his first set and lo and behold his "awesome" new W900A had a cluster of dead pixels in the center despite his LUCK of getting a W900A with no uniformity or DSE problems. CaptainCrunch, speak for yourself. The W900A is in no way "king" of anything. Have you read the W900A forum lately? It's covered in quality control problems and yet W900A owners some how hold the delusion that it is superior to the F8000. CNET gave the F8000 equal picture quality scores so it's rather insane for someone to say the W900A gives a "far better picture."

I've seen them both (F8000 and W900A) in stores side by side and the main difference was slightly better color on the W900A that would be imperceptible outside a side by side comparison. Even under the bright showroom lights though you could tell that the uniformity on the W900A was bad. The horizontal "fingers" were clearly obvious on white or light colored scenes. I should have looked closer for a dead pixel because odds are even the demo model had one.

The F8000 had none of this, produced a brighter, more neutral white (wasn't bluish with horizontal "fingers"), and had impeccable uniformity just like my F8000 at home. It also has the most attractive, minimalist design with the best feature set.

clemsondds, go read the W900A forum's later pages. If you choose the Sony W900A you run a HUGE risk having to go through at least THREE W900A's before settling on one with the LEAST amount of clouding, DSE, banding, bleeding, flashlighting, dead pixels, etc. If over saturated colors is your must-have thing, then go ahead and risk the W900A. I wholly believe you'd be much safer and satisfied going with the Samsung F8000 (which already produces a higher color gamut than Rec.709).
DRN94 is online now  
post #22 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
wth718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

I find it hilarious that Sony's number one fanboy *UFO* decided to get yet another W900A after going through so many problems with his first set and lo and behold his "awesome" new W900A had a cluster of dead pixels in the center despite his LUCK of getting a W900A with no uniformity or DSE problems. CaptainCrunch, speak for yourself. The W900A is in no way "king" of anything. Have you read the W900A forum lately? It's covered in quality control problems and yet W900A owners some how hold the delusion that it is superior to the F8000. CNET gave the F8000 equal picture quality scores so it's rather insane for someone to say the W900A gives a "far better picture."

I've seen them both (F8000 and W900A) in stores side by side and the main difference was slightly better color on the W900A that would be imperceptible outside a side by side comparison. Even under the bright showroom lights though you could tell that the uniformity on the W900A was bad. The horizontal "fingers" were clearly obvious on white or light colored scenes. I should have looked closer for a dead pixel because odds are even the demo model had one.

The F8000 had none of this, produced a brighter, more neutral white (wasn't bluish with horizontal "fingers"), and had impeccable uniformity just like my F8000 at home. It also has the most attractive, minimalist design with the best feature set.

clemsondds, go read the W900A forum's later pages. If you choose the Sony W900A you run a HUGE risk having to go through at least THREE W900A's before settling on one with the LEAST amount of clouding, DSE, banding, bleeding, flashlighting, dead pixels, etc. If over saturated colors is your must-have thing, then go ahead and risk the W900A. I wholly believe you'd be much safer and satisfied going with the Samsung F8000 (which already produces a higher color gamut than Rec.709).

So the 8000 is exempt from the DSE/banding/flashlighting that ALL Edge lit LCDs experience, huh? One couldn't peruse the owner thread there and find much of the same complaints, examples of people going thru multiple units? Good to know.

LOL.
wth718 is online now  
post #23 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post

So the 8000 is exempt from the DSE/banding/flashlighting that ALL Edge lit LCDs experience, huh? One couldn't peruse the owner thread there and find much of the same complaints, examples of people going thru multiple units? Good to know.

LOL.

You're misconstruing my message of the W900A being RISKIER. Quality control is superior on the F8000, it's considerably less riskier than going with the W900A. Again, strawman. Build a ridiculous argument that I don't even hold or put forth (Claiming I said the F8000 is exempt from intrinsic LED LCD problems) and attacking that non-argument. It doesn't take a brain surgeon or published mathematician to tell that the W900A has more problems than the F8000. Even Sony enthusiasts on the W900A owners forum have admitted the rampant issues.

Way to not even address my argument since the evidence is clear as day to even yourself. And "LOL"? What are you fifteen? Is that supposed to be some sort of reinforcing argument? Oh look! He laughed and felt it was necessary to abbreviate it in text! Clearly we should take this guy's opinion simply because he laughed after making a non-argument. Yeah, nice try. People here are smarter than that. This isn't high school.
DRN94 is online now  
post #24 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Member
 
Porkpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

I find it hilarious that Sony's number one fanboy *UFO* decided to get yet another W900A after going through so many problems with his first set and lo and behold his "awesome" new W900A had a cluster of dead pixels in the center despite his LUCK of getting a W900A with no uniformity or DSE problems. CaptainCrunch, speak for yourself. The W900A is in no way "king" of anything. Have you read the W900A forum lately? It's covered in quality control problems and yet W900A owners some how hold the delusion that it is superior to the F8000. CNET gave the F8000 equal picture quality scores so it's rather insane for someone to say the W900A gives a "far better picture."

I've seen them both (F8000 and W900A) in stores side by side and the main difference was slightly better color on the W900A that would be imperceptible outside a side by side comparison. Even under the bright showroom lights though you could tell that the uniformity on the W900A was bad. The horizontal "fingers" were clearly obvious on white or light colored scenes. I should have looked closer for a dead pixel because odds are even the demo model had one.

The F8000 had none of this, produced a brighter, more neutral white (wasn't bluish with horizontal "fingers"), and had impeccable uniformity just like my F8000 at home. It also has the most attractive, minimalist design with the best feature set.

clemsondds, go read the W900A forum's later pages. If you choose the Sony W900A you run a HUGE risk having to go through at least THREE W900A's before settling on one with the LEAST amount of clouding, DSE, banding, bleeding, flashlighting, dead pixels, etc. If over saturated colors is your must-have thing, then go ahead and risk the W900A. I wholly believe you'd be much safer and satisfied going with the Samsung F8000 (which already produces a higher color gamut than Rec.709).

And I suppose you're not a Samsung fanboy. Let me read the F8000 thread and confirm there are no bad sets.
Porkpie is offline  
post #25 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkpie View Post

And I suppose you're not a Samsung fanboy. Let me read the F8000 thread and confirm there are no bad sets.

How can you and the other guy take my observation of MY F8000 and A SINGLE STORE DEMO F8000 and then claim that my observations apply to ALL F8000's? I've noticed that very few people understand logical consistencies. Again, another STRAWMAN. I NEVER said that ALL F8000's were flawless. I don't know how else I can restate this from what I originally said.

My argument is the F8000 is a less risky affair compared to the W900A and both owner's thread are evidence to that. There are rampant quality control issues well documented on the W900A owner's thread that severely outnumber the issues cited on the F8000 thread.

I've had it with these non-arguments and single sentence "rebuttals" that have nothing to do with my argument. It's pathetic quite frankly.
DRN94 is online now  
post #26 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Member
 
Porkpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well I went to the last page of the F8000 thread out of curiosity and about half the posts are about uniformity/software/dead pixel issues. I don't think I need to read any further. I think you'd find the "lemon percentage" is pretty equal if you added them all up.
Porkpie is offline  
post #27 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Member
 
Porkpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

How can you and the other guy take my observation of MY F8000 and A SINGLE STORE DEMO F8000 and then claim that my observations apply to ALL F8000's? I've noticed that very few people understand logical consistencies. Again, another STRAWMAN. I NEVER said that ALL F8000's were flawless. I don't know how else I can restate this from what I originally said.

My argument is the F8000 is a less risky affair compared to the W900A and both owner's thread are evidence to that. There are rampant quality control issues well documented on the W900A owner's thread that severely outnumber the issues cited on the F8000 thread.

I've had it with these non-arguments and single sentence "rebuttals" that have nothing to do with my argument. It's pathetic quite frankly.

Quite right, I did in error suggest you were saying there were no bad F8000 sets. As you can see above what I am disputing is that there are a much larger percentage of W900 sets with issues in comparison to F8000s.
Porkpie is offline  
post #28 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Senior Member
 
DRN94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkpie View Post

Quite right, I did in error suggest you were saying there were no bad F8000 sets. As you can see above what I am disputing is that there are a much larger percentage of W900 sets with issues in comparison to F8000s.

Well TWO people posted quality control issues on the last page of the F8000 page. One software user error post, and TWO people concerned with the Smart Hub downtime for maintenance. So FIVE out of THIRTY posts is not "about half" by ANY stretch of the imagination. I do appreciate your honesty in your error but your response saying "about half" of the posts on the last page are "uniformity/software/dead pixel issues" is incorrect.
DRN94 is online now  
post #29 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
wth718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN94 View Post

You're misconstruing my message of the W900A being RISKIER. Quality control is superior on the F8000, it's considerably less riskier than going with the W900A. Again, strawman. Build a ridiculous argument that I don't even hold or put forth (Claiming I said the F8000 is exempt from intrinsic LED LCD problems) and attacking that non-argument. It doesn't take a brain surgeon or published mathematician to tell that the W900A has more problems than the F8000. Even Sony enthusiasts on the W900A owners forum have admitted the rampant issues.

Way to not even address my argument since the evidence is clear as day to even yourself. And "LOL"? What are you fifteen? Is that supposed to be some sort of reinforcing argument? Oh look! He laughed and felt it was necessary to abbreviate it in text! Clearly we should take this guy's opinion simply because he laughed after making a non-argument. Yeah, nice try. People here are smarter than that. This isn't high school.

No, high school it's not.

"I find it hilarious that Sony's number one fanboy" vs "LOL" See the correlation?

And it's not entirely clear that one has more issues than the other. Unless, of course, one suffers from confirmation bias. Yes, there have been more complaints about the W900 than there had been before. But the 8000 has had complaints going back a long time. Them's the facts. People can make of it what they will. Other facts are that the Sony gets better ratings by both users (if one cares about such things) and by reviewers. Yes, CNET gives them identical bottom line PQ ratings, but also points out that the Sony beats it, although not by a lot.

So your generalized statements about the unit you have and the unit you saw in the store holds no weight. Screen uniformity, DSE, etc--all are crapshoots for ANY model TV. I know that, you SHOULD know that. Anecdotes do not equal data. You tell the OP to read the last few pages of the Sony owner's thread. A more honest response would be to read the threads for BOTH models. He'd find plenty of things to give him pause about the Sammy, too.

Maybe you should take the same admonishment you gave CapinCrunch and "speak for yourself." Funnily enough, Captincrunch had the best post in this thread:

So IMO, I would read through both the W900A and the F8000 threads to get the pros and cons of both sets, as well as viewing them at the store. I really don't think you will go wrong with either choice just make sure you get a good Panel on which ever you go with.

biggrin.gif


I'm not brand loyal either, as I have a 8yr old Sharp, 4yr old Samsung, and the NEW Sony in the house, and yes the Sony is KING.....lol
wth718 is online now  
post #30 of 48 Old 01-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Senior Member
 
CaptinCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kennedale, Tx
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 33
@ DRN94

I speak only for myself!! I purchased my W900A back in October with a Build date of August and it was flawless out of the box, no banding, DSE, Flash lighting, light leakage, dead pixels, notta!!! I purchased the F8000 in Sept, and it was awful looking, I mean I have seen many bad sets with the flash lighting and clouding but one never as bad as that.

As for my W900A (ISF Calibrated) being KING, you took that statement completely out of context, as I was referring to the top dog in my Home. Both my Sharp 37D6U and Samsung LN46B750 (ISF Calibrated) are awesome sets, and still looking fantastic and going strong. biggrin.gif

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
Klipsch RB-51 II (Front Preference)
SVS PB-2000
CaptinCrunch is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un60f7100 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off