thinnest 65" LED (tv + wall mount) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-15-2014, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, i am looking to install a 65" LED tv on a wall. directly beneath the tv will be a bench that will not be used often (and obviously cannot be used when watching tv). i'd like to keep the TV+wall mount as close to the wall as possible to minimize people hitting into the tv when sitting on the bench. i can get some specs for tv depth, but it's hard to tell what the final depth would be once the wall mount is added in. i am considering the samsung 7100 or the sony kdl 850a (which seems a bit thicker than the samsung). any others i should consider? how much additional space does the wall mount take up?
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30

I'd add the xbr65hx950 to your short list considering the newer sony generations such as the 65w850a have additional width at bottom for speakers not to mention the new wege design on the 2014 kdl65w950b which I imagine you would not want.  I don't follow brands other than sony so can't help you there.  Always best to somehow go to retail store to see actual tv before buying..  I have noticed on threads concerning tv failures that wall mount restricts the proper ventilation to cooling circuit boards.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv , Sony Xbr65x850a 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page