To all australian owners of the lg 60la6230 3d smart tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-16-2014, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I recently purchased an lg la6230 60" television,as this is an Australia specific model this post may not have any relevance to overseas forum members,anyway here is my story.
After doing some research on the various lg tv models I decided to purchase a la6230 as it seemed to have the best feature and price balance to suit my needs.
Now heres the kicker.on lg's Australian website this tv is listed as having "local dimming" and as my other tv,an older lg lw6500 had this option which I found very good in operation,imagine my disappointment when I found the la6230 had no option for local dimming in the picture settings.
After contacting lg's support line the tech told me that no, the 6230 has no local dimming option and that they had made an error in the listed specifications,well I have lodged a dispute with lg Australia asking them to either exchange the tv for one with this option or add the option to the one I already have as I purchased the tv on the strength of the advertised specifications.
I don't really know how far I will get with this but it is my understanding that our consumer laws state that goods sold should not be falsely represented.
Are there any Australian forum members with the the la6230?,if so could you give me your thoughts on this issue.smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-15-2014, 02:30 AM

Liked: 10
I got one of those units recently and once calibrated it is awesome. I used showroomcali's settings for the la6200 (as posted) and it made a world of difference even though ours differs from the US model. Dont miss local dimming, and i think you would have to go the la7410 to get that feature but that unit is edge lit and I saw a review which was less favorable to it than ours. Stick with what you got is my advice.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-30-2014, 05:19 AM

How did u calibrate yours? I can't find the settings to adjust the 10/20 point gray scale settings?
post #4 of 9 Old 03-30-2014, 02:49 PM

The settings are under 'white. Balance'. Let me know how you go. Cheers.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-03-2014, 05:38 AM

I changed it to 20ire but still don't have the adjustments,

Do u have a pic?
post #6 of 9 Old 04-25-2014, 03:43 AM

I purchased one of these TVs last night and for the last 24 hours have been wondering why it wont play videos/tv shows on yahoo 7 or tenplay, one of the most important reasons I purchased this TV and spent the extra money for it, very disappointed. Do you have any tips, or is it just that the TV doesn't really support internet video.

post #7 of 9 Old 04-26-2014, 08:14 AM

Cant help you there, I havent really used any of the smart tv features.

I use it mostly for gaming, only app I used is the one for 2 player split screen.

I still havent calibrated it correctly.

post #8 of 9 Old 04-28-2014, 02:52 AM

Vz57sszy - you should be able to set the calibration values under "ire" once you've set it to 20 points as you state you have.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-28-2014, 02:58 AM

Rev42 - I've had no problems networkin or 'internetting' this tv. The apps on offer are slim pickings but. How is your latent network and internet otherwise going on the Tv? If they are ok then try launching from an internet page?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 60ln5710
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page