Calibration Settings for the Vizio M651d-A2R - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-16-2014, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I Just returned the Vizio E601i-A3 and went with the Vizio M651d-A2R. Found many calibration settings posted in the Vizio E601i-A3 owners thread, but I can not find much for the M651d-A2R.

If thy are on this site, but I am just not finding them, could you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-17-2014, 04:24 PM

Liked: 16
Try this thread

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1480388/official-vizio-m-series-razor-owners-survival-thread
post #3 of 7 Old 01-17-2014, 04:29 PM

Liked: 16
post #4 of 7 Old 01-18-2014, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! At the end of the day, I know picture settings come down to each persons own taste.

BUT...Wondering if anyone used the Disney WOW Calibration Disc for the M65 and if so, would be willing to share their results?
post #5 of 7 Old 01-18-2014, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 229
It doesn't always come down the individual person's taste when you share settings. Component tolerances can vary widely from tv to tv, even within the exact same model line and build. So what looks great on one person's tv can look like crap on yours, and when you factor in the different viewing environments as well, that's another variable in successfully sharing settings. Using a disk alone will not calibrate your tv, only help you to make certain picture adjustments based on REC.709 standards. But, it can definitely improve pq depending on how far off your tv is out of the box. You're always best to adjust your own settings and not rely on someone else's. Sharing settngs can work if you're lucky but they have more value in teaching you how the different settings interact with each other. Setting don't last forever because components age. And, depending on the quality of the mfrs build, you may have to periodically check your settings and make adjustments and if you know how to do that, you can keep your pq looking great for a long time.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-18-2014, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

It doesn't always come down the individual person's taste when you share settings. Component tolerances can vary widely from tv to tv, even within the exact same model line and build. So what looks great on one person's tv can look like crap on yours, and when you factor in the different viewing environments as well, that's another variable in successfully sharing settings. Using a disk alone will not calibrate your tv, only help you to make certain picture adjustments based on REC.709 standards. But, it can definitely improve pq depending on how far off your tv is out of the box. You're always best to adjust your own settings and not rely on someone else's. Sharing settngs can work if you're lucky but they have more value in teaching you how the different settings interact with each other. Setting don't last forever because components age. And, depending on the quality of the mfrs build, you may have to periodically check your settings and make adjustments and if you know how to do that, you can keep your pq looking great for a long time.

I agree for the most part with your statements and appreciate you taking the time to share them. This is why I do look forward to seeing folks post their settings, as I might not always use them exactly as they have posted, but I find it to be a great starting point with only a couple of minor adjustments needed to bring the picture to my liking (that's just me).
post #7 of 7 Old 01-18-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Fair enough. I just think doing it yourself could really optimize your pq and make it truly reflective of your viewing environment. Eye-ball adjustments are fine but most movies follow the REC.709 standards so if you stream or watch blu-rays, they may be off. But, the bottom line is what ever looks best to you is the correct settings, standards or not.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio M651d A2r 65 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page