Calibration Settings for the Sharp Aquos LC-70LE750u - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-17-2014, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did a query here for this specific TV and didn't see any calibration settings. Anyone have any settings already done? I have a hard time seeing the reds and greens, so any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-17-2014, 10:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Get a calibration disk like the free AVS HD709 disk or a commercial one like WoW, Spears & Munsil, and adjust your settings yourself. Because of component tolerances between tv's (even the exact same model and build) using someone else's settings might be very disappointing. However, using borrowed settings might be a good place to start to learn how the different settings interact with each other but you need to take into consideration your own viewing environment because that's an important aspect as well. Do keep in mind that making an accurate adjustment with a calibration disk can definitely improve your pq but it's not calibrating your tv. For that you need to use a light meter and special software.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-18-2014, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the tips! I was reviewing my calibration disks and I happen to have a copy of both. The Spears & Munsil disk is the 2009 version and the Disney wow I believe I got in 2012ish. I will use the wow disk and improve the picture quality and pass on the light meter and special software.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-18-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Spears & Munsil released version 2 of their disk late last year which is supposed to be an improvement over version 1 but haven't seen what the differences are myself. I would suggest setting your tv back to default settings and then write them down. It's easier to plug in the settings should something not look right than reset your tv everytime. Make sure all of the video enhancements are disabled on the tv as well as the blu-ray player. You don't want to adjust the panel without any extraneous processing going on. Take your time, write them down, and then let it go for a few days to let your eyes adjust to the new settings overtime and different viewing conditions. Good luck.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Lc 70le732u Aquos 70 1080p Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 70le732u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page