Sony 2014 W600B,W800B,W850B - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 1683 Old 06-30-2014, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've had my tv for like alittle over a month. I love it. I have the Ps4 hooked up to it. I have the picture set on someones suggestion on this thread only i have it put on smooth. I only really play FF Online so if there is delay I don't notice to much. I really like how it improved the graphics. I guess impulse would be the best but makes the picture to dark. Fixed if you turn back light up and maybe brightness but not good for the life of the television.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 1683 Old 06-30-2014, 11:19 PM

I've posted many times in this thread and nobody wants to help me
post #513 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked: 398
[B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike[/B
Hooked my desktop up to my w800b and realized a couple issues. The picture doesn't fill the screen (about an inch or two all around of black) and the picture mode is stuck on "graphics" and won't allow me to change it. Has anyone dealt with this?
My Sony (not 800B ) is just the opposite on the PC it will let me go into every picture mode but not graphics.

You could try overriding the EDID settings in the PC (not always that easy )

Scaling in your video card or GPU GUI should take care of your screen thing but do it with an open application in windows or a browser window to get an accurate result because depending on the desktop wallpapers resolution you may have a ~ 2" or more black border on each side on the TV on the PC desktop this is not always abnormal and nothing to sweat because you can still park icons in the borders actually it's kinda cool .

Another thing is try a different HDMI input for the PC on your TV that can sometimes change the TVs behavior with your PC .

I'm assuming you have your PC set to send 1080p (1920 x1080) to the TV if your EDID chose something else (sometimes they do ) over ride it ? and set it to 1080p (1920 x1080) Nice TV t there don't own that one but I.ve seen it decent AUO AMVA panels in those .

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-01-2014 at 07:21 AM.
post #514 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_makaveli
Also I have my ps4 plugged on hdmi 1/mhl ... is that a good place to put it cause all the others are only hdmi 2 hdmi 3 etc.

They don't have mhl after ...is it ok for my ps4 and tv if I stay plugged on that ?

Sorry I'm really not good with technology

Thanks again
REtubetwister

MHL is optionally for smartphones ,Roku sticks ,Chrome Cast , video cameras and s##t like that You can plug any other HDMI thing in there most people do if they need the port it won't hurt a thing don't sweat it .
Attached Images

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-01-2014 at 07:24 AM.
post #515 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
FWIW Turn off all the ECO /Energy Saver crap and brightness and /or backlight sensors .

For the most accurate colors put it in Cinema mode and screw the contrast (picture ) to max same thing with the backlight. they are way to low out of the box!
Very useful post, thanks a lot tubetwister. I will be doing a lot more experimentation. I am not able to find Eco settings on my set W600B.

Sony website specification section lists Motionflow as one of features of this TV. However it is not available under picture menu. I have seen it in my brother's 32HX750. I have brought this up with Sony and they insists that the feature is present in 48W600B but is not user accessible. Can this be true? I have read in this same thread that at 60hz panel refresh rate any motion smoothing algorithm is pointless, or something to that effect. This makes me doubt Sony further as to whether they have actually implemented their Motionflow thing in this particular TV.
post #516 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guite View Post
Very useful post, thanks a lot tubetwister. I will be doing a lot more experimentation. I am not able to find Eco settings on my set W600B.

Sony website specification section lists Motionflow as one of features of this TV. However it is not available under picture menu. I have seen it in my brother's 32HX750. I have brought this up with Sony and they insists that the feature is present in 48W600B but is not user accessible. Can this be true? I have read in this same thread that at 60hz panel refresh rate any motion smoothing algorithm is pointless, or something to that effect. This makes me doubt Sony further as to whether they have actually implemented their Motionflow thing in this particular TV.
Have you found advanced settings sub menu? ( home >settings > picture > scroll down past the bottom >advanced settings should show up on a new page it should be in there if it has a defeat enable option ) they may not have that switching option on the W600B .

Sony would have it enabled by default in some modes if they did not provide a switch in the adv setting menu but it would likely turn off in Cinema and game modes anyway which is preferable.

I think mine does that its got something 120 and no switch , whatever they called it last year motion flow XR 120
I think ............... it'a 60Hz panel also it works fine TBH I wouldn't sweat it .

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-01-2014 at 11:25 AM.
post #517 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Have you found advanced settings sub menu? ( settings > picture > scroll down past the bottom >advanced settings should show up on a new page it should be in there if it has a defeat enable option ) they may not have that switching option on the W600B.
I have gone into advanced setting, there is no Motionflow, no Eco setting either. Right now I am sweating on the Motionflow 200hz thingy because that was one reason I bought this Sony set. I had even thought its a 200hz panel. So you can imagine my disappointment: neither 200hz, nor Motionflow!

Edit: where is the Like button?

Last edited by guite; 07-01-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Looking for Like button
post #518 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 11:04 AM

Hey,
I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger one of these new Sony LED's.

I can't decide between the W800b, W840/850b or the W950B. I'm looking to get a TV in the 55-60" mark.

Does the W840/850B suffer from the same bad black levels are the W950b? Reading through the thread it almost seems like the W800B is a better panel ?

I'm in Canada if that helps with the model numbers, they seem different in some cases between Canada and the US.

The TV will be used for watching HD Cable 60% of the time, 30% gaming and probably 10% movie time. I'd prefer it to have good input lag and nice black levels in a dark room.

Thanks in advance.
post #519 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

[QUOTE=guite;25406962]Very useful post, thanks a lot tubetwister. I will be doing a lot more experimentation. I am not able to find Eco settings on my set W600B.
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...ls#/manualsTab
click on attachment to enlarge turn them all off (recommended)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	w600b02.png
Views:	96
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	143706  
guite likes this.

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-01-2014 at 11:36 AM.
post #520 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

guite wrote

I have gone into advanced setting, there is no Motionflow, no Eco setting either. Right now I am sweating on the Motionflow 200hz thingy because that was one reason I bought this Sony set. I had even thought its a 200hz panel. So you can imagine my disappointment: neither 200hz, nor Motionflow!

Edit: where is the Like button?

RE/ tubetwister

To the right just above the quick reply its a tiny word ☺

OK nothing in advanced settings means no 120Hz on off switch don't sweat it you may have blinking back light in addition to 120 Hz motionflow don't waste UR time with that it only cuts the brightness in half and does nothing .

Max the TV can see with HDMI is 60Hz so a true 120HZ panel will need to repeat frames
anything over that will need to interpolate black frames also you don't want that for gaming anyway

A 60Hz panel running in simulated 120Hz is using black frame interpolation not desirable in gaming or 24p Cinema
and generally will be disabled in those two modes anyway .
True 120 Hz panel is a big deal sometimes on a 55-65" and up LCD not so much on a 48"

OH no such thing as a true 200Hz panel in US anyway they will always be in multiples of power line frequency
US @ 60Hz = 60,120,240hz 200Hz panel in US is a 120hz panel repeating frames and interpolating black frames
pretty much a cluster F.....

In Canada panels will be multiples of mains freq. @ 50 Hz = 50Hz panel ,100Hz 150Hz and so on .

FWIR these Sammie VA panels are pretty fast ( hold and sample time ) that's a good thing for motion blur and twich game lag time.... better to own a fast 60hz panel than a slow 120hz panel don't believe the hype true 120hz panel is req for 3D and 4K though .

XXW600B have Samsung SPVA panels XX W800/850B are AUO AMVA panels very similar and excellent panels
as long as you don't mind the typical VA panel narrow view angle .
guite likes this.

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-01-2014 at 12:20 PM.
post #521 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 02:26 PM

Awesome tv! Here are the settings I came up with if anybody is interested. I watch satellite tv most of the time and I find these settings to be perfect for me.

Try it out and let me know what you think

Scene: general
Picture mode: standard
Backlight: 6-8
Picture: max
Brightness: 50
Color:52
Hue:0
Color temp: neutral
Sharpness: 40
Noise reduction: auto
MPEG noise reduction: auto
Dot noise reduction: auto
Reality creation: auto
Resolution: 65 (greyed out)
Noise filtering: min (greyed out)
Smooth gradiation: low
Motionflow: off
Cinemotion: auto

Advanced settings
Black corrector: low
Adv. contrast enhancer: low
Gamma: -1
Auto light limiter: low
Clear white: high
Live color: low
Detail enhancer: medium
Edge enhancer: medium
Skin naturalizer: off

White balance
R gain: -3
G gain: -5
B gain: -2
R bias: +1
G bias: -2
B bias: -2
post #522 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wish I could get the black levels that the TV displays when not playing anything, to be the same as when it IS playing something. I don't know how to replicate that. I don't see my cloudy areas on that black screen, the one that is shown when you switch to an input that's not playing anything. Tried fiddling with the backlight and brightness, it's always brighter and the clouds are more visible. I would have guessed that the backlight is completely off, it's so dark, but there is still visible white text on the screen that appears very white.

Does anyone else have these very small discolored spots on the screen? They cover about a 4x4 pixel area and can be seen when up close, they aren't visible from normal viewing distance. The pixels are on and appear to be normal underneath this. I have about three of these.
post #523 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaddy View Post
I wish I could get the black levels that the TV displays when not playing anything, to be the same as when it IS playing something.
You mean like when it completely turns off the backlights (in these sony's the edge lights ) when there is no chroma or luminance information going to the panel for a brief moment like any LCD that's the only time they are at or below reference black !

One way to get good blacks is to play a DVD in a completely dark room ( not an overly bright scene either ) that has black bars top and bottom (not grey ) and slowly reduce the brightness until the black bars just disappear into the room darkness then carefully raise it to where you can just barley see the bars again note down both settings that will give you a quick and dirty black level !☺☺

cheers

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-02-2014 at 03:36 AM.
post #524 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hi guys!

I purchased a KDL60W850B on the weekend, and am enjoying the set so far! Input lag for gaming is AWESOME, the best I've ever seen on a TV set! However..

I've noticed that each corner (on a light back ground) has some dimming/shadow/darkness to some degree, most prominent on the bottom LH corner. It's not extreme, but as I'm a bit OCD with displays in general, I've sort of fixated on it lol. An example of what I am talking about (this is not taken from my TV):

http://i47.tinypic.com/21j6k5s.jpg

I do notice that the effect diminishes somewhat depending on how you look at the TV (sitting off to the Left and Right etc) and I must mention that the 'backlight' and 'picture' options are on 'MAX'.

Is this relatively normal for this model and LCD TV's in general?
post #525 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interfreak View Post
Hi guys!

I purchased a KDL60W850B on the weekend, and am enjoying the set so far! Input lag for gaming is AWESOME, the best I've ever seen on a TV set! However..

I've noticed that each corner (on a light back ground) has some dimming/shadow/darkness to some degree, most prominent on the bottom LH corner. It's not extreme, but as I'm a bit OCD with displays in general, I've sort of fixated on it lol. An example of what I am talking about (this is not taken from my TV):

I do notice that the effect diminishes somewhat depending on how you look at the TV (sitting off to the Left and Right etc) and I must mention that the 'backlight' and 'picture' options are on 'MAX'.

Re/Tubetwister
Don't sweat it if you exchange it the next one might be worse no such thing as 100% uniform LCD panel slight darkness in the corners of an LCD on a solid background will always be present until you turn the set off !Shifting one's point of view on an LCD panel will always show some color shift again that is normal long as you don't have any major color banding DSE or radial banding you are good to go! Your set looks in the normal range for an edge light panel .

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-01-2014 at 07:37 PM.
post #526 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 07:42 PM

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a KDL60W840B tomorrow.

Anyone able to answer some quick questions? Is this a VA or an IPS panel. Is the only difference between this and the w850B the 480 motion?

Any advice for me? Is it worth considering the 55W950B? 5" smaller in size for about the same price. The black levels on the 950b worry me though.

Thanks in advance
post #527 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Re/Tubetwister
Don't sweat it if you exchange it the next one might be worse no such thing as 100% uniform LCD panel slight darkness in the corners of an LCD on a solid background will always be present until you turn the set off !Shifting one's point of view on an LCD panel will always show some color shift again that is normal long as you don't have any major color banding DSE or radial banding you are good to go! Your set looks in the normal range for an edge light panel .

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, there are zero other issues with the set, it really is an awesome TV. I upgraded from a Sharp LC46LE830X, which was a pretty awesome set (contrast was phenomenal) but was starting to look a bit small lol. This TV had pretty good uniformity across the screen, but perhaps the upgrade from 46" to 60" has 'amplified' inherent flaws so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTI84 View Post

Here's my review on this TV I posted elsewhere, it might help you with your decision:

Have had a good play with the TV over the weekend and yesterday (was a public holiday where I live). My primary use of the TV is gaming, followed by streaming services (HULU, Netflix) and then FTA TV.
Good points:
  • The design is minimalist, but very sleek and elegant. It fits in perfectly with my existing lounge room tech (360, PS4, XB1, HiFi etc).
  • The feet can be moved inwards towards the centre for those that have a narrow TV stand to put it on, or you can put the feet all the way out to the edges – thank you Sony!
  • Input lag is amazing, MUCH better than the Sharp LC46LE830X it replaced. I didn't even have to much of an issue with the Sharp, but honestly it's like night and day in this regard!
  • The boot up time is only a matter of seconds – although it take a bit longer to access any of the menus. Regardless, you can view TV within seconds.
  • The screen has excellent black levels, with minimal clouding on black backgrounds. Colours can be made to pop, and there is ample options to adjust the picture to your liking.
  • The screen size is sublime – 55-60" is the real sweet spot at the moment for TV's, everything looks fantastic on it and it's not overwhelming (I sit about 2.5m from the TV)
  • The inbuilt speakers are awesome for a TV!!
Not so good points:
  • Screen uniformity is slightly off. For instance, the bottom LH corner is a tiny bit darker than normal, and I guess all the corners suffer from this. A lot of this comes down to the viewing angles though, and is certainly not an issue in normal viewing – and in fact is a bug bear of most LED/LCD TV panels.
  • The remote could be simpler, and better designed. It looks like every other Sony TV remote launched in the last decade, which is not necessarily bad but it would have been nice to have better inputs for say moving the mouse curser or using the smart TV side. Having said that, there is an optional 'mouse remote' of sorts – here's a pic of both the standard remote, and the optional one:
http://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2014/03/27/cab4d2c8-f9c4-45d0-8084-842f19ceb8cd/resize/770x578/734f6e99f5d7fc421dfbcbdd9a1e515f/sony-kdl-60w850b-04.jpg
  • Contrast could be better – particularly in dark scenes. I've noticed on some games that blacks are a bit crushed, whereas the Sharp handled this quite well. Probably more down to me fine tuning things a bit more to get the best picture.
  • Opening the 'Options' menu (to adjust picture settings etc) is not always straight forward, and when this menu refuses to open their is not much information provided to tell you what to do to get around this issue.. For instance, with the PS4 connected I could not open the options menu to change anything. I eventually worked out (on my own) that you need to click the 'Sync Menu' button on the top of the remote, then go to 'TV Control', and then the Options menu. This also happened when I try and access the Options menu when I select the input for my HiFi system...quite confusing and perhaps unnecessary.
All in all, this is a fantastic TV – if you're a gamer you MUST consider this TV, or others in the Sony stable with low input lag!!
There was a 'free PS4' promotion with the TV which was a very nice sweetener, when I sell it will mean that I scored this TV for about $1550 (Assuming I can sell the PS4 for ~AUD$450).
post #528 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 08:08 PM

So you find the black levels acceptable in general? I'm going from a Panasonic plasma that is starting to die early and the black levels are amazing. I like to watch in the dark and having black that looks grey would be unfortunate.

I'm happy to hear about the input lag. I guess my biggest choice is should I stick with the 840b or move up to the 950b.

I'll have it mounted on my stand with a swivel, not too worried about the viewing angles as I will be able to turn it freely.
post #529 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 08:18 PM

Black levels are great - for an LED/LCD TV. Obviously plasma reigns supreme in this regard, but there was negligible clouding and pretty much zero light leakage on my set, in a darkened room - and this is with the back light and 'picture' settings maxed out. Very impressed.

Input lag really is awesome, I'd put it somewhere between 20-25ms going by this review on a W800B (http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/sony/w800b) - movement on the screen is pretty much instant from when you initiate it on your controller. It's so good in fact, that I had to adjust to it in Forza Motorsport 5, as I was used to compensating for lag on my old Sharp - I wasn't used to pretty much instant steering/gas/brake inputs lol!
post #530 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 08:20 PM

Awesome that's good to hear. Reading the reviews on the 950B had me scared.

Yea, I wasn't expecting plasma level blacks, but it's good to know in a dark room it's still acceptable.

Thanks for your help/advice.
post #531 of 1683 Old 07-01-2014, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Anyone have some good 3D settings they can post?

Picked up the 70" W850 over the weekend and I'm still adjusting to the size and picture (previous TV was the Kuro 5080 plasma).

Loving it so far for the most part. Only thing that's driving me nuts about the set is the occasional motion pixelation usually seen when watching fast moving action scenes or sports. Any tips on how or what to tweak in the settings to reduce or eliminate the motion pixelation?
post #532 of 1683 Old 07-02-2014, 03:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTI84 View Post

Anyone able to answer some quick questions? Is this a VA or an IPS panel. Is the only difference between this and the w850B the 480 motion?

Any advice for me? Is it worth considering the 55W950B? 5" smaller in size for about the same price. The black levels on the 950b worry me though.

Thanks in advance
KDL60W840B = active 3D EDIT correction = AUO AMVA5 (AMVA+PSA)

KDL 55W950 = active 3D ( LGD - IPS ) IPS panel

Problems with 850 none as far as I know
Problem with the 950 getting a panel without defects first time around otherwise a very good set IMO
nothing wrong with an 850 either

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-02-2014 at 07:14 AM.
post #533 of 1683 Old 07-02-2014, 03:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
KDL60W840B = active 3D (AUO - AMVA5) VA panel

KDL 55W950 = active 3D ( LGD - IPS ) IPS panel

Problems with 850 none as far as I know
Problem with the 950 getting a panel without defects first time around
Hi, it's not actually an AUO panel in the 60" but a Samsung SPVA+PSA one.
AUO AMVA5 (AMVA+PSA) panels are only in the W800b in 42", 50", 55" sizes.
Starhawk, Raitzi and tubetwister like this.
post #534 of 1683 Old 07-02-2014, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaddy View Post
I wish I could get the black levels that the TV displays when not playing anything, to be the same as when it IS playing something. I don't know how to replicate that. I don't see my cloudy areas on that black screen, the one that is shown when you switch to an input that's not playing anything. Tried fiddling with the backlight and brightness, it's always brighter and the clouds are more visible. I would have guessed that the backlight is completely off, it's so dark, but there is still visible white text on the screen that appears very white.

Does anyone else have these very small discolored spots on the screen? They cover about a 4x4 pixel area and can be seen when up close, they aren't visible from normal viewing distance. The pixels are on and appear to be normal underneath this. I have about three of these.
You're not going to get great black levels like that unless you go for an Edge LED TV with local dimming (like the W900A). The W800B does not have the ability to sectionally dim areas with a picture playing. Your best bet would be to go for a TV w/local dimming or see if you can still get Panasonic's E60 from last year (it had the best black levels of any Edge LED TV so far that didn't have local dimming).
tubetwister likes this.
post #535 of 1683 Old 07-02-2014, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopthrough View Post
Hi, it's not actually an AUO panel in the 60" but a Samsung SPVA+PSA one.
AUO AMVA5 (AMVA+PSA) panels are only in the W800b in 42", 50", 55" sizes.
+ 1 Thanks you are right I was looking at the wrong size on the list

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-02-2014 at 03:46 AM.
post #536 of 1683 Old 07-02-2014, 05:11 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by interfreak View Post
Hi guys!

Im about to try take my 70w850b back because of this.
Any time I turn the tv on now all I do Is look for the shadow lines in the corners.
I cant stand it anymore.
post #537 of 1683 Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooodavie View Post
Im about to try take my 70w850b back because of this.
Any time I turn the tv on now all I do Is look for the shadow lines in the corners.
I cant stand it anymore.
If it is only on a solid background and not severe but just apparent that's probably entirely normal the next LCD you get could well be worse no clue as to what panel is in there could be AUO,LGD,Sharp ,or even Samie

When most people watch TV they aren't looking at the corners of the screen but usually the center
to put in perspective that would probably include you until you noticed this likely normal condition on your new panel.☺

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-02-2014 at 07:12 AM.
post #538 of 1683 Old 07-02-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post
Anyone have some good 3D settings they can post?

Picked up the 70" W850 over the weekend and I'm still adjusting to the size and picture (previous TV was the Kuro 5080 plasma).

Loving it so far for the most part. Only thing that's driving me nuts about the set is the occasional motion pixelation usually seen when watching fast moving action scenes or sports. Any tips on how or what to tweak in the settings to reduce or eliminate the motion pixelation?
You could always turn your motionflow on but that adds it's own set of issues other than getting another Plasma not much can be done . How do like this as compared to your Kuro ?

Hopefully your plasma withdrawal symptoms will subside given enough time only permanent cure for that these days is a Sammie f8500 and the 64's are getting hard to find only 1 left at Amazon at least for this very moment.

Given that Samsung just announced it is stopping plasma production I can almost guarantee it will be gone long before lunch today probably within the hour ☺

Last edited by tubetwister; 07-02-2014 at 07:32 AM.
post #539 of 1683 Old 07-02-2014, 07:48 AM

For any guys on here who want to know more about the W800b series, I did a report on it here back in March on a UK site:

http://www.avforums.com/threads/sony...#post-20404615

and

http://www.avforums.com/threads/sony...#post-20404649

and

http://www.avforums.com/threads/sony...#post-20409462
post #540 of 1683 Old 07-02-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm really thinking about getting the KDL-40W600B in the next week or so. The primary use is going to be gaming, followed by netflix. Before I drop $500 on a new TV, I just wanna be sure it's the best one I can get for the money. I don't want too big of a TV as it's going in my bedroom, so I think 40-43" is the perfect size.

Is the KDL-40W600B the best I can get in that size range. I really don't care about the smart features; I hear they're slow, take a long time to load up, and that chromecast is better. If there's a "dumb" tv that's cheaper and as good or better than the sony (mostly in regards to input lag/picture quality for gaming), I'm all ears.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread