Panasonic TH-46PZ85B flickering issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-22-2014, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

This is my first post on here, asking for help with a flickering issue which is causing me to tear my hair out...

I have a Panasonic connected to a Sony soundbar via HDMI, and then from the soundbar I have HDMI's running to my XBox360 and Sony Blu Ray player. The TV has been calibrated using a Blu Ray calibration disc and kicks out a nice picture. However, through the Blu Ray player only, bright or dark scenes suffer from flickering which disappears when paused. Flickering, for example, around light sources or dark patches.

I've tried changing each setting on the Blu Ray player itself, I've tried connecting the HDMI directly to the TV, I've turned off everything which would artificially upgrade the image, I've bought a new Blu Ray player and tried that, I've tried various suggestions from forums.... and nothing. The only assumption I can make is that increasing the contrast and brightness higher than medium when calibrating has somehow caused it, so I can have a calibrated image with flickering or a non-calibrated without (I think).

If anyone has advice or a similar issue, please let me know. Also, feel free to ask questions because I've almost certainly left out important information when trying to explain my set up.

I want to get to the bottom of this before I decide to scrap the TV and splash out on a new one in desperation...

Thanks!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 Console

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page