would i notice the affect of 4k at 15 feet ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-25-2014, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Guys looking to replace my 60 inch Pioneer pro-150d plasma- After reading up it seems that the affect of 4k is lost at the distance I am sitting- is that true- Also have the wife factor who doesnt want a big set- couple of questions-
1- Would going to a 65 inch set not give enough WOW factor from my 60- My son of course wants a BIG set-
2- Since 90% of viewing is FIOS am I wasting my money on a 4K set-
Any rec. would be appreciated- thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-25-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop86 View Post

Guys looking to replace my 60 inch Pioneer pro-150d plasma- After reading up it seems that the affect of 4k is lost at the distance I am sitting- is that true- Also have the wife factor who doesnt want a big set- couple of questions-
1- Would going to a 65 inch set not give enough WOW factor from my 60- My son of course wants a BIG set-
2- Since 90% of viewing is FIOS am I wasting my money on a 4K set-
Any rec. would be appreciated- thanks

At 15 feet you definitely would benefit from a bigger screen, having that said, 4K would be a waste at that distance and money since all you watch is TV mainly and the lack of 4K content. I would keep what you have , no LCD will come close to your pioneer at the moment. But if you really want a bigger set wait until all the new 2014 sets are out.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #3 of 4 Old 01-25-2014, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I stood 15 feet away from the Sony 84"' UHDTV and could not tell it wasnt regular high def. My vision is 20/20 so I know it wasn't that. However, others here are claiming they could tell the difference. The wow factor going from HD to UHD is definitely much, much smaller than going from SD to HD.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-27-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 89
At approximately 7 feet from the 84" Sony, I could easily see the increased detail and sharpness. Some of the demo sequences were so three-dimensional in appearance (in particular the Spain footage) that I half expected to feel the heat of the sun on my face. And the colors were spot on...finally, reds looked like real-life reds and grass didn't look like cheap Astroturf. So if I were in the market today, it would have to be the 84" Sony and I'd have to sit no further than 7 feet away. And of course at this point in time I would not watch cable TV or even Blu-rays...it would have to be just endless UHD demo vids. wink.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite Pro 150fd 60 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page