Setting Settings Settings!!!!! sony KDL47W802 calibration settings - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-05-2014, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

New owner of the KDL47W802 here. I see so many diferent setting calibrations. I tried the cnet settings and was not really feeling that set up. So far im feeling the vivid and sports settings, but I cannot get it right. It's either too much on one channel compared to another channel. The tv looks great on game mode as is, but im sure that could use some tweaking as well to acheive optimum performance. My main concern would be what i can see through my cable box. I'm using rocketfish Hdmi cables on the cable box and xbox, if it helps.  Any full detailed cailbrations list out there that are sure to get the most out of this tv? I have the Disney WOW dvd. And it seems to be very good, but still overwhelming with the back and forth. It's like you can get one screen shot but the on the next it just changes everything up again. Just looking for some sure set numbers that work for the most part. I'm about to explose with all these settings and options. I can relate to the fact that although this is a great set, it is missing that little umph in the visual display department. I guess i should have done a little bit more research, before jumping out the window and purchasing this set. I am however a big sony fan and do love their products. I saw best gaming tv and was solf on that. I just want to get the maximum performance out of this tv. The ideal setting for this set all seem to be pretty dark, it seems. I have the 40z4100 model in my bedroom and it is still holding up. Anyways any help, would be appreciated.Digital Trends seems to have a good one, but the calibrations that they have up seem to be incomplete. They don't state what picture mode they are using for their calibrations, it's just a little confusing. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-05-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canilive View Post

. I can relate to the fact that although this is a great set, it is missing that little umph in the visual display department. I guess i should have done a little bit more research, before jumping out the window and purchasing this set. I am however a big sony fan and do love their products. I saw best gaming tv and was solf on that. I just want to get the maximum performance out of this tv. The ideal setting for this set all seem to be pretty dark, it seems.

All those calibration settings are made in dark room settings. That would explain why they look too dark for you.
All the calibrations should all be made to reach 6500k color temperature & a 2.2 gamma curve.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Kdl 47w802a 47 Class Full Hd 3d Led Lcd Internet Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page