Resolution problems with RCA LED55C55R120Q - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-09-2014, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Windows 7 HTPC (an AssassinHTPC Elite) hooked up via HDMI to a RCA LED55C55R120Q. When I first turn it on it says 1080p 60Hz, but it doesn't show an image. Then after a few moments it blinks and says 1024x768 60Hz and shows a distorted image of Windows Media Center because my HTPC is set to 1920x1080. If I minimize WMC and go to the desktop the TV blinks again and after a few moments (far too long by this point mad.gif) switches to 1080p. I can then go back to WMC and watch TV the way it is intended.

This is a frustrating, far too manual and time consuming a situation. I used to have the same HTPC hooked up to a Vizio SV472XVT and I didn't have this problem or anything close to it. Recently the HTPC has been making the sound as if a new piece of hardware was just plugged into it when I turn the TV on eek.gif. I checked the drivers for the monitor and it says it is a Generic PnP Monitor. I told Windows 7 to update it, but it said that I had the most recent driver for the monitor.

Under the TV's picture settings is set to "Full 100%" Under Setup the Video Style is set to "Video." I've also tried switching the Video Style to Graphic and that unlocks a picture setting called, "Dot by Dot," but that does fix the problem either.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it the driver for the monitor? Is it because I used to have the HTPC plugged into a different HDTV? If so should I unistall and reinstall the Generic PnP Monitor driver? Or is there some setting in the graphics card (Intel Graphics) that might need to be changed? Or is there some settings for the TV that I need to change and by some miracle I either haven't tried yet or when I did I missed noticing that it solved my problem. Any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is this related to my resolution problem?

Stop Resolution Change When Display or Receiver is Turned Off

Tags
Rca Led55c55r120q 55 Inch Led Hdtv , Vizio Sv472xvt 47 Inch Class Xvt Series Truled 240hz Sps Led Lcd Vizio Internet Apps Hdtv