Looking for ASUS VG248QE G-Sync Calibration Measurements - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-10-2014, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15

Hi there! I know this is dedicated to LCD TV forum, but monitors are also LCDs, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. There is a monitor out there - ASUS VG248QE made mostly for games, but its a TN panel with horrid colors. However, the G-Sync upgrade from nVidia replaces the monitor's PCB and the resulting colors and grayscale are of much better quality! I want to get that G-Sync upgrade but only if I know exactly how much better G-Sync colors are. For that - I would need someone with a colorimeter/spectrometer, VG248QE monitor, and G-Sync installed to take some HCFR or ChromaPure or CalMAN or any other software measurement readings! I am primarily interested in default (NOT calibrated) grayscale white balance, gamma, luminance, colorspace, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% saturation sweeps measurements for RGBYCM, and if possible - ColorChecker measurements. I believe the name of the mode used with G-Sync is ULBM (Ultra LightBoost Mode), 

Taking all these measurements alone shouldn't take more than a few minutes of your time and would greatly benefit me and many other people who are thinking about buying this G-Sync upgrade for this monitor and maybe others too. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Asus Ve248q 24 Inch Led Backlight Widescreen Lcd Monitor
Gear in this thread - Ve248q by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page