Samsung 60F8000 Buying online - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-11-2014, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Samsung 60F8000.  I've looked at most of the online vendors and their "too good to be true" prices.  I'm leaning toward graystoneappliances.com, but am looking at another site called "audiovideonation.com".  I can't find any information about them.  They don't have a address on their website. Has anybody ever dealt with this site? or any other "too good to be true" site?  Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-11-2014, 01:39 PM

Liked: 14
Resellerratings doesn't have them listed. I'd be really, really wary. A lot of folks have been successful in getting Best Buy to price match with some of the online "grey" retailers such as Abe's of Maine and sometimes graystone appliances, so you might want to go that route to ensure you have an enforceable warranty and for much easier return if something turns out defective with the TV.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-11-2014, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Tried the price match game with my local Best Buy; needless to say unless the vendor is listed on their "official" vendor listing they don't seem to care.  The more I'm reading about these guys online, the more I'm thinking of just swallowing the extra price and getting it locally.  

post #4 of 5 Old 02-12-2014, 04:54 PM

Liked: 12

yes I looked at several TVs I was interested in and yes online resellers has better prices BUT don't think some warranties  will be available and well I have found that a little extra is not that much since you are not at mercy of someone you cant see in person ... and to top it look up alot of bad remarks about some online sellers

post #5 of 5 Old 03-01-2014, 02:24 PM

Hi
I purchased a 65f8000 samsung from big box superstore this is the deal....
Any discount only exists is you pay by money order don't do that since top you are not protected
They jam you for insurance which is bogus since the shipping company has to insure the set and you can refuse delivery if it is damaged but they kind of stick you I paid a additional $189 total for the bogus service and the tv wgphich is the expedited service ( you have to order this for purchases over $2000 according to them)

End of the day the local best price was $3200
With the bogus crap I got my tv for $2649
I saved dollars but don't known if I would do it again. BTW the TV is great
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f8000 60 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread