KDL-52XBR6 Blue line of Death - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-19-2014, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My set developed what is commonly known as the Blue Line of Death. It is a vertical line from top of screen to the bottom,approx 4" in from right side of the screen. I contacted Sony(joke), who indicated I could pay to have the set repaired and kindly gave me service numbers to call,or they would graciously give me a 15% discount on a new Sony TV.

My reply to Sony and for anyone considering a Sony,"I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SONY PRODUCT". This is a known issue with Sony LCD TV's(do a search if you doubt it is known). This is my second defective Sony TV,this unit replaced my SonyXBR rear projection TV, which also had a known defect(Green Blob defect).

I can see why Sony has not only lost market share, more importantly their reputation as the gold standard. I will NEVER EVER purchase another Sony TV or product again. If Sony reads these threads, I can see why your company is having financial issues and you are spinning off your TV Div.

WORD TO THE WISE..buy Sony beware!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-19-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Don't have a warranty?
How long did you have the TV for?

I would say if you had it for more than 4 years, it would not necessarily be a indication of poor quality.
Not that other companies have some kind of gold standard over Sony anyway. They all probably cut corners nowadays.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-19-2014, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No, the set is out of warranty, not that the warranty means much. If you read my post I indicated this is the second Sony TV to fail with known and reported defects. The first was a 55" SXRD XBR1, which also had known and widely reported defect. Mine(XBR1) was repaired less than year after purchase by Sony, exact same issue and failure a little over a year after repair..no support from Sony. There was a class action suit on the XBR1.

I think you miss the point! Between these two sets I have invested over $6000.00. The issues on both sets are known defects that Sony essentially walks away from unless they are forced by lawsuit to address. Again, I can see why Sony is in financial trouble. Their products and customer service are sorely lacking.

I do not share your position that a four year old set is expected to fail..my first failed in about 4 months. Bottom line, I will never buy nor recommend SONY. I was a loyal Sony owner..no more!!!
post #4 of 4 Old 02-19-2014, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I actually remember that from way back.
Some considered the SXRD the best available TV on the market, people were pissed when Sony abandoned LCoS.

Yeah, Sony basically only cares for what's new & doesn't offer support for it's older products.

Someone posted here recently that his XBR8 broke & Sony wouldn't replace or fix it even though he was still under their extended warranty. They offered him a 15% discount on one of their newer, but inferior TVs.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr Kdl 52xbr6 52 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page