Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-21-2014, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hello,

I've had this tv for 3 days.
I just noticed this morning that there was what looked like a smudge mark on the bottom area of the screen.
I thought at first it was a finger print but when I looked closer, it looks like hundreds of tiny small dots that are inside the LED screen.
I was hoping this would wipe off but of course it wouldn't as it appears it is on the inside of the screen.

I called and reported this to Samsung and they said they would have a technician come out and look at it.
Samsung rep indicated they would most likely have to replace the screen.
After paying almost $3k for this tv and owning it for 3 days, I really do not want it taken apart and the screen replaced...
I would much rather have Samsung just replace the set.

Have any of you had a similar situation? I am hoping that Samsung will replace the tv vs taking it all apart and replacing just the screen.

I have taken a photo of the dots I am referring to, it is difficult to get this to show correctly but hopefully you can see what I am referring to.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-22-2014, 02:57 PM

Liked: 18
I had a similar issue and did not want a repair on a new tv. Call the store for an exchange.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpp8140 View Post

I had a similar issue and did not want a repair on a new tv. Call the store for an exchange.

That's what I am working on now.
post #4 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

This is a better photo I took depicting the defective panel.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-28-2014, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Its threads like these that make me uneasy about buying a new TV.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-28-2014, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoPro700 View Post

It should...
WhiteSands likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockFan View Post
Hello,

I've had this tv for 3 days.
I just noticed this morning that there was what looked like a smudge mark on the bottom area of the screen.
I thought at first it was a finger print but when I looked closer, it looks like hundreds of tiny small dots that are inside the LED screen.
I was hoping this would wipe off but of course it wouldn't as it appears it is on the inside of the screen.

I called and reported this to Samsung and they said they would have a technician come out and look at it.
Samsung rep indicated they would most likely have to replace the screen.
After paying almost $3k for this tv and owning it for 3 days, I really do not want it taken apart and the screen replaced...
I would much rather have Samsung just replace the set.

Have any of you had a similar situation? I am hoping that Samsung will replace the tv vs taking it all apart and replacing just the screen.

I have taken a photo of the dots I am referring to, it is difficult to get this to show correctly but hopefully you can see what I am referring to.

Any advice?

Any update on what Samsung did? I had an issue with the Un65F8000 too but I don't want to repair such an expensive TV in less than a Year. Technician will replace the panel but I dont think it will ever end up been the same as from the factory. I'm concern about them messing up the bezel or messing up the electrical components when the transfer them and hook them up to the new panel.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoPro700 View Post
Sorry, but there are No FACTS (in volumes that matter) to support your fears other than a handful of defective/damaged panels someone posts here which gets posted and quoted endlessly as these threads rarely get cleaned up - I once observed a member post 350 repeated posts on the same artifact on an SXRD over a 3 month period - one incident that he repeated to no end and then was quoted hundreds of times.

Yes, defects occur and panels get damaged when shipped globally.

I spent a career as a Professional Purchasing and IT Manager of an Enterprise Data/VOIP Network where I bought thousands of LCD Monitors and dozens of Training/Conference Room LCD TV's and the failure rates and defects at setup were rare and longevity excellent. The smallish LCD Monitors ran 24/7 for 5 yrs+ until they got dirt cheap and we could see some obsolence built in on some of the off-brands we tested.

In the past 12 years of buying LCD TV's I've received one DOA and that was a budget brand POS that took six weeks to replace I blacklisted afterwards. My very first LCD was a crappy overpriced RCA that only looked good when it was off.

In the past 12 years in my home I've bought about a dozne LCD TV's in my home and in 12 years ALL but one is running perfectly well with zero service calls. My Sony Z4100 died after about 5.5 yrs service but the rest have run flawlessly as the older ones I've donated to relatives or charities.

My universe of Volume of such TV's goes way beyond a typical consumer and the rate of defects OTB are miniscule I mean your number of postings here are rather smallish if you consider the UHD TV's will = 20 million sales in 2014 per Displaysearch and 1080P runs into the hundreds of millions globally.

It's a crapshoot with any consumer product and shipping companies screwing things up sometimes - it's something we have to deal with but these TV's and defects/failure are small when you look at the volume included in the SOLD Universe of panels. Go For it knowing to always have return rights and warranty coverages - why sit on the sidelines?

If you doubt my testimony just ask Chris Majors of Cleveland Plasma/AV - a Forum Sponsor for years, were it something to fear I don't think he'd be doing this as a business.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's

Last edited by westa6969; 08-19-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un65f8000 65 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un65f8000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page