no sound with Amazon video streaming - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > LCD Flat Panel Displays > no sound with Amazon video streaming

LCD Flat Panel Displays

okiebirdnerd's Avatar okiebirdnerd
06:22 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
03-02-2014 | Posts: 46
I hope I explain this correctly. We just got our Samsung UN65F9000 4K HDTV last week so we are still learning...We have a Marantz receiver with all the surround speakers and only have the HDMI cable hooked into the box that came with the TV. I have all the accounts set up and wireless is working. I thought I'd try to watch a movie from Amazon Prime and for some reason I only get sound from what is on the TV. Is there something on the TV I need to change? We only have the one hdmi. Is there a setting on the Marantz receiver? I shouldn't need to change it to DVD like I did before when I wanted to watch Netflix through the Bluetooth on the Blu-ray DVD player do I?
I hope someone can explain how to get the sound to work. I'd have to assume that I couldn't use Netflix either without changing something. It is probably a simple setting for those of you that know what you are doing and I apologize in advance for my ignorance.confused.gif
Thanks in advance for your time!
B]Terri

primetimeguy's Avatar primetimeguy
06:35 PM Liked: 151
post #2 of 3
03-02-2014 | Posts: 3,885
Look up ARC, audio return channel, in both your TV and receiver to figure out what settings you need to change.
okiebirdnerd's Avatar okiebirdnerd
06:48 PM Liked: 10
post #3 of 3
03-02-2014 | Posts: 46
Thank you for the quick response. I guess I don't speak this language... Sounds like it is way over my head. redface.gif I'll just be happy I can work the funky remote smile.gif I appreciate you taking the time to answer.
Tags: Samsung Un65f9000 65 Inch 4k Ultra Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un65f9000 by PriceGrabber.com
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread