OFFICIAL Samsung 4k HU8550 and HU9000 thread - Page 109 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3241 of 9586 Old 07-19-2014, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,765
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledbiker View Post
Haven't seen a soap opera since Luke and Laura's wedding. But if your talking about rapid motion followed by slow motion with ghosting as used in some horror movies then I follow you. But I've never seen anything like that on my set just watching regular programming or sports. There is no secondary ghost image behind a baseball or soccer ball when they're airborne flying across the field. You mention "judder". I don't have any such setting. Must be something Sammy added to more recent sets.
This year. Its real good on the hu9000 in particular. Something about the quad+ processor.
Mrorange303 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3242 of 9586 Old 07-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Member
 
DELTAsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayacts92 View Post
4K Youtube is definitely debatable. Some videos look great but not what I would expect from 4K. Some others don't even look HD.
Yeah the reason I asked in the first place was I saw some of the 4K and UHD videos looked like crap.

Samsung UA55HU9000, Klipsch Quintet 5.1, Onkyo TX-NR515AE, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U. Plus a bunch of old consoles.
XBL: DELTAprime, PSN: DELTAsnake, Wii U: DELTAprime
DELTAsnake is offline  
post #3243 of 9586 Old 07-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
Hisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 148
4K streaming looks like crap to me on yt, worse than HD. However, when you DOWNLOAD the 4K clips, they look incredible.

I think yt compresses the hell out of the 4K stream to conserve bandwidth on their servers, regardless of how fast your connection is. If you're streaming the 4K content, try downloading the content instead using 4K video downloader tool.
Hisma is online now  
post #3244 of 9586 Old 07-19-2014, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,765
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post
4K streaming looks like crap to me on yt, worse than HD. However, when you DOWNLOAD the 4K clips, they look incredible.

I think yt compresses the hell out of the 4K stream to conserve bandwidth on their servers, regardless of how fast your connection is. If you're streaming the 4K content, try downloading the content instead using 4K video downloader tool.
I agree. I was confused. It just doesn't look 4k uhd. Ill try the download method.
Mrorange303 is online now  
post #3245 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 08:10 AM
Member
 
MegaMember's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhome View Post
Well, there is at least one member here who bought the 1st gen F9000, and then upgraded the One Connect with a reported nice upgrade. So it worked for him. BTW, the cost of that set almost twice the HU9000, and would of been way too much for me.
Curious. Is the F9000 a 2013 model and HU9000 2014? Or is there an F9000 2014 model, too?

I'm actually considering the 50HU8550 now. I love the HU9000, but the armoire that houses my HT in my family room can fix at a maximum a 50", and there is only the 55" option with the HU9000. This TV will be replacing a Sony Aquos LC46D64U that I purchased back in 2008 which is still in perfect, out-of-the box condition. Honestly, if it were up to me I would buy the largest possible HU8550 (my family room is 18' x 24') but the wife needs to have some say, too. I'm actually lucky she lets me continue my A/V obsession after 20 years married!

I don't have internet connectivity (even though I hooked up a gaming router to my Panasonic DMP-BD55 for firmware updates). So, I have a system that is not wireless itself. I do get Netflix through a Wii, but am not happy with the PQ. I am still on the fence as to my BD upgrade. Options I'm considering right now are:

Samsung BD-F7500
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-F75...AY+UHD+BDF7500

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE EDITION
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPPO-DIGITAL...item540c610ef9

Panasonic DMP-360
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-DM...item4d1f69f4fb

Sony BDP-S6200
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-4K-Regi...item19f0b3a1a6

My Onkyo TX-SR705 runs the show now, and I'm considering upgrading to the TX-NR737:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Onkyo-TX-NR7...item566705632a

I will not be upgrading speakers. I have Speakercraft AIM8 FIVE as L/C/R and AIM8 THREE as my 4 surround ones:
http://www.amazon.com/SpeakerCraft-A...raft+AIM8+FIVE

My cable is Comcast and as my power center:

Monster Power Center
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-MP-HTS...s=monster+1600

Overall, I am looking for recommendations on setup, hardware, or anything else that I overlooked.

In addition, Dr. Wizz has has recommended that I add the following. These are items that will solve my connectivity issue of having my router about 80' from my HT (house is about 88' long). He has been an invaluable resource. Thank you a million!!

Gigabit GREENnet Desktop Metal Housing Switch

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QUA6RA/...SIN=B001QUA6RA

TP-LINK TL-PA6010KIT AV600 Powerline Adapter Starter Kit

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA6...iglink20246-20

Last edited by MegaMember; 07-20-2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: additions
MegaMember is offline  
post #3246 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Member
 
MegaMember's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhome View Post
Well, I went from this (Elite PRO-730HD):



to this (HU9000, not sure what that model is):



Do I have buyer's remorse?...ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME? !
I don't think anyone here would have buyer's remorse with THAT kind of upgrade! Unimaginable!!!!
MegaMember is offline  
post #3247 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 09:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,447
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 708
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #3248 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tigerfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post
4K streaming looks like crap to me on yt, worse than HD. However, when you DOWNLOAD the 4K clips, they look incredible.

I think yt compresses the hell out of the 4K stream to conserve bandwidth on their servers, regardless of how fast your connection is. If you're streaming the 4K content, try downloading the content instead using 4K video downloader tool.
I disagree.
I only have DSL and the 4k on YouTube looks amazing. It is pick and choose. Some does look bad.
Watched a replay of a World Cup game that was broadcast in 4k that someone loaded on YouTube.
It was like you were there. I don't even like soccer. I sit about 6 ft. From 65" 8550.
tigerfan33 is offline  
post #3249 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
joeyvaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have the Samsung 8550 from Costco. It's been 2 weeks and the Netflix issue has occurred ~4 times so far. Annoying to say the least. Having to tweak the settings to get the display to look the same everything is a little time consuming, but more annoying than anything.

So....I'm considering returning it to Coscto (they have a 30 day-no questions asked- return policy on TVs. My son in law can get me the xbr65x900b for $2500. After taxes, it's around a $900 savings on the 2. I'm going to read the forum on the 900b to see what those owners think of that display. Getting it for half price seems VERY appealing to me. And I personally like the exposed speakers. It sounds fantastic with the Sony Bluetooth sub in Best Buy. Although I have a full blown 7.2 setup, this is a cool option for day to day viewing.

Any thoughts from those that have auditioned these displays? I can also get the x950b for $4000 which is normally $8000 in Best Buy.

Last edited by joeyvaz; 07-20-2014 at 10:33 AM.
joeyvaz is offline  
post #3250 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Did anyone else here notice that the 85Hu8550 is FALD
Rf13 is offline  
post #3251 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PeterS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 2,363
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Don't think this is true. Are you referring to Samsung's "Precision Black Local Dimming"?


This is not their term for FALD. If you notice they say the same for the 65".


They call their FALD "Micro Dimming Ultimate with Precision Black Local Dimming".


Can someone confirm this?

"Read Less, More TV." - Dr. Gregory House

"That which can not be questioned, can not be trusted." - Me

The Metropolis Home Theater

Blue Smoke Entertainment Systems - Affiliated

Last edited by PeterS; 07-20-2014 at 11:10 AM.
PeterS is offline  
post #3252 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,765
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
Don't think this is true. Are you referring to Samsung's "Precision Black Local Dimming"?


This is not their term for FALD. If you notice they say the same for the 65".


They call their FALD "Micro Dimming Ultimate with Precision Black Local Dimming".


Can someone confirm this?
He said the 85.
Mrorange303 is online now  
post #3253 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 24,851
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf13 View Post
Did anyone else here notice that the 85Hu8550 is FALD
Highly unlikely as the real FALD 85" Sammy is $40,000 and the 85" HU8550 is $10,000. But we can always dream.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #3254 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,765
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyvaz View Post
I have the Samsung 8550 from Costco. It's been 2 weeks and the Netflix issue has occurred ~4 times so far. Annoying to say the least. Having to tweak the settings to get the display to look the same everything is a little time consuming, but more annoying than anything.

So....I'm considering returning it to Coscto (they have a 30 day-no questions asked- return policy on TVs. My son in law can get me the xbr65x900b for $2500. After taxes, it's around a $900 savings on the 2. I'm going to read the forum on the 900b to see what those owners think of that display. Getting it for half price seems VERY appealing to me. And I personally like the exposed speakers. It sounds fantastic with the Sony Bluetooth sub in Best Buy. Although I have a full blown 7.2 setup, this is a cool option for day to day viewing.

Any thoughts from those that have auditioned these displays? I can also get the x950b for $4000 which is normally $8000 in Best Buy.
Best of luck to you. Youll never know whats better because people prefer different things.

Mute point.

Huge set with those speakers.

I cant say because I own an hu9000.

No issues with my set. So no regrets. Only love and glorious 4k viewing.
mikegaudiello likes this.
Mrorange303 is online now  
post #3255 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,765
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Highly unlikely as the real FALD 85" Sammy is $40,000 and the 85" HU8550 is $10,000. But we can always dream.
They have to milk it right. What would make you upgrade in 2015?
Mrorange303 is online now  
post #3256 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,298
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
Don't think this is true. Are you referring to Samsung's "Precision Black Local Dimming"?


This is not their term for FALD. If you notice they say the same for the 65".


They call their FALD "Micro Dimming Ultimate with Precision Black Local Dimming".


Can someone confirm this?
I believe it is "Micro Dimming Ultimate Plus with Precision Black Pro Local Dimming" and only on the 110" models. The new 105" curved has Micro Dimming Ultimate Plus but only says Precision Black Local Dimming. No pro on that one, which I think indicates FALD (Precision Black PRO Dimming).

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is offline  
post #3257 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
Hisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post
I disagree.
I only have DSL and the 4k on YouTube looks amazing. It is pick and choose. Some does look bad.
Watched a replay of a World Cup game that was broadcast in 4k that someone loaded on YouTube.
It was like you were there. I don't even like soccer. I sit about 6 ft. From 65" 8550.
Have you tried downloading the 4K clip using the 4K video downloader tool?

http://www.4kdownload.com/products/p...ideodownloader

I have a feeling you will notice an even bigger difference if you download it. If not, perhaps yt was throttling me for some unknown reason, because quality was noticeably better when downloaded vs streaming.
Hisma is online now  
post #3258 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tigerfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post
Have you tried downloading the 4K clip using the 4K video downloader tool?

http://www.4kdownload.com/products/p...ideodownloader

I have a feeling you will notice an even bigger difference if you download it. If not, perhaps yt was throttling me for some unknown reason, because quality was noticeably better when downloaded vs streaming.
Have not tried that but did have the Samsung 4k player that had several movies and nature 4k clips. YouTube 4k nature clips were just as impressive.
tigerfan33 is offline  
post #3259 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
Don't think this is true. Are you referring to Samsung's "Precision Black Local Dimming"?


This is not their term for FALD. If you notice they say the same for the 65".


They call their FALD "Micro Dimming Ultimate with Precision Black Local Dimming".


Can someone confirm this?
This is the only place I've seen it and samsung doesn't specifically say so that's why I asked here first.

http://hdguru.com/this-weeks-hot-dea...vs/#more-14022
Rf13 is offline  
post #3260 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PeterS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 2,363
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Next thing someone will say it is Passive 3D - and that would MAKE MY DAY!

"Read Less, More TV." - Dr. Gregory House

"That which can not be questioned, can not be trusted." - Me

The Metropolis Home Theater

Blue Smoke Entertainment Systems - Affiliated
PeterS is offline  
post #3261 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Ahzari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyvaz View Post
I have the Samsung 8550 from Costco. It's been 2 weeks and the Netflix issue has occurred ~4 times so far. Annoying to say the least. Having to tweak the settings to get the display to look the same everything is a little time consuming, but more annoying than anything.

So....I'm considering returning it to Coscto (they have a 30 day-no questions asked- return policy on TVs. My son in law can get me the xbr65x900b for $2500. After taxes, it's around a $900 savings on the 2. I'm going to read the forum on the 900b to see what those owners think of that display. Getting it for half price seems VERY appealing to me. And I personally like the exposed speakers. It sounds fantastic with the Sony Bluetooth sub in Best Buy. Although I have a full blown 7.2 setup, this is a cool option for day to day viewing.

Any thoughts from those that have auditioned these displays? I can also get the x950b for $4000 which is normally $8000 in Best Buy.
I thought Costco had a 90 day no questions asked policy on electronics? They update it to 30 days now?

Audio: Yamaha A-S1000 Stereo Amp // Kef LS50 Speakers // 2x SVS SB2000 Subs
Video: Samsung 65in HU9000 UHD LED // Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray player // Apple TV (3G)
Analog:Pro-Ject RM5.1SE Turntable // Pro-Ject Tube Box II SE Phono Amp // Pro-ject Speed Box II
Power: Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner
Ahzari is offline  
post #3262 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Member
 
metfoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I can't seem to play netflix 4k content anymore. Launching netflix is fine, but every title says their having problems playing it at this time. I reset my smart hub settings and still nothing. reseting my account devices also didn't seem to help
metfoo is offline  
post #3263 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
doctorwizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by metfoo View Post
I can't seem to play netflix 4k content anymore. Launching netflix is fine, but every title says their having problems playing it at this time. I reset my smart hub settings and still nothing. reseting my account devices also didn't seem to help
Reset the TV.

Samsung 65" HU8550-TS01 Golf chipset, Denon 3312 AVR, Cerwin Vega VE's x 7, DefTech ProSub x 3
WDTV Live, Roku 3, Amazon FireTV, LG BD390 Bluray, WiiU,
DishTV Hopper w/Sling, Self Made PC, AMD FX8350, 16GB Ram, LG 16x BD-RW
EVGA GTX-980 ACX 2.0, Gigabyte GTX-750Ti, Asus AC-68 Router, 3 UPS's
Dell XPS 1820 18.4" AIO PC/Tablet
And much more...
doctorwizz is online now  
post #3264 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,765
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 227
So can I add movies and content to my uhd drive?
Mrorange303 is online now  
post #3265 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jkhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Virginia Beach, Va., USA
Posts: 1,402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMember View Post
Curious. Is the F9000 a 2013 model and HU9000 2014? Or is there an F9000 2014 model, too?
Yes, the F9000 was the 2013 model

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMember View Post
I don't think anyone here would have buyer's remorse with THAT kind of upgrade! Unimaginable!!!!
If you can go for a change in furniture, the curved model () looks really good on a credenza. Even though I do have newer TVs than the old RP (Panny plasma in the bedroom, Samsung LED in the RV), this TV's pic still is head and shoulders above the others I own.

But, as you can see in the pic below, one still has to keep the lighting reflections properly located. The line across the screen is just from the flash of the camera.

MegaMember likes this.
jkhome is offline  
post #3266 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,765
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Movies on bluray in 3d on the HU9000 is the best expirience I have ever had watching film.

It makes every movie ive ever watched better. Details I cant imagine to tell you show up.

Today was despicable me 2. The HU9000 is a new level of awesomeness. I swear if you fet a chance watch it in 3d. Omg.
Mrorange303 is online now  
post #3267 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 06:21 PM
Member
 
MegaMember's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhome View Post
If you can go for a change in furniture, the curved model () looks really good on a credenza. Even though I do have newer TVs than the old RP (Panny plasma in the bedroom, Samsung LED in the RV), this TV's pic still is head and shoulders above the others I own.
My wife and I are currently picking out all new furniture for the family room (where my HT is), also. What I call my "HT" is really my "FR."

I think you know this already, but I wasn't talking about the "curved model" TV.

I got bad news today. I had ordered the 8550 and found it was even going to be on "backorder." So I cancelled my order, and am again searching for the best deal.
MegaMember is offline  
post #3268 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I have the 78hu9000 and the content that is listed as 4k on YouTube via the smart hub is some of the best 4k I've seen. Check out birds of prey in 60fps. I totally disagree about your comments on you tube, think it depends on your internet speed. I am connected via wifi and my speed test is about 130mbps. Many have suggested that YouTube will down sample if your bandwidth is not adequate, perhaps that is the case for you. I have also download to a separate dive and plugged in and I don't see the difference. Even the 4k bonus content Samsung provided via the mail in rebate is not that different form some YouTube 4k clips. There are some that are not as good as others but some that I use as my source material when I showcase the beautiful 4k this set is cable of.
Jumbolaya9 is offline  
post #3269 of 9586 Old 07-20-2014, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,765
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbolaya9 View Post
I have the 78hu9000 and the content that is listed as 4k on YouTube via the smart hub is some of the best 4k I've seen. Check out birds of prey in 60fps. I totally disagree about your comments on you tube, think it depends on your internet speed. I am connected via wifi and my speed test is about 130mbps. Many have suggested that YouTube will down sample if your bandwidth is not adequate, perhaps that is the case for you. I have also download to a separate dive and plugged in and I don't see the difference. Even the 4k bonus content Samsung provided via the mail in rebate is not that different form some YouTube 4k clips. There are some that are not as good as others but some that I use as my source material when I showcase the beautiful 4k this set is cable of.
Let me ask this. how fast of a speed does YouTube need to get netflix quality 4k videos to us who lack this knowledge? It actually would help to know if one takes more to show a quality signal than the other.

You sound like you have this knowledge. Could you be so kind as to share?

Last edited by Mrorange303; 07-20-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Mrorange303 is online now  
post #3270 of 9586 Old 07-21-2014, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,765
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 227
The uhd video pack has 3 documentarys that all look better than any YouTube video. The movies look normal.

There are no 4k videos on YouTube that are new to me. I look and search all the time by date. Birds of prey is ok.

Canal 4k is better. Samsung galaxy nx is better. Sony ax100 is better.

The amplitude series by Martin heck are better. Stock footage has oodles.

I think we all know YouTube 4k very well. That's not the issue. Let's not make it about that. That's clearly not the issue.
Mrorange303 is online now  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
samsung u8550 , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off