OFFICIAL Samsung 4k HU8550 and HU9000 thread - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1621 of 6067 Old 05-27-2014, 01:08 PM
Member
 
tl2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by abba1 View Post

I am thinking about up-grading from a 55 to 65 inch set. Presently I am torn between the H8000 and the HU9000. I have a couple of questions...
(1) How important is True Color and the LED smart feature which the 8000 doesn't have?
(2) How well do these sets upscale a blu-ray disc (we sit about 8 feet from the TV)?
Thanks in advance
To me with recent price drops and free hdd with movies is no brainer for future proofing.
tl2k2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1622 of 6067 Old 05-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Senior Member
 
tontondavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by abba1 View Post

I am thinking about up-grading from a 55 to 65 inch set. Presently I am torn between the H8000 and the HU9000. I have a couple of questions...
(1) How important is True Color and the LED smart feature which the 8000 doesn't have?
(2) How well do these sets upscale a blu-ray disc (we sit about 8 feet from the TV)?
Thanks in advance

1) Not sure about these features since I turn them off. If you do pro calibration, they will be turned off anyway.

2) The upscaling is very good. It is hard to see that it is not 4k because the upscaling is so good.

Cheers
tontondavid is offline  
post #1623 of 6067 Old 05-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
doctorwizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post

Add another cheap video card with HDMI and connect that to the AVR for HD audio. That is what I am doing until the new Denon's come out in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vddobrev View Post

I was able to exchange the TV, and purchased the curved 65HU8500 (HU9000). No more vertical banding and much better overall. Just got it today, and still setting it up.

One thing I am not certain how to do is to get 3840x2160 from my PC (video card is AMD 7970), and at the same time get HD sound to my receiver. My receiver is NAD T785, with MDC 150 - it supports HDMI 1.4, so it should be able to take this resolution at 30Hz. However, I do not have such an option in the PC screen resolution, max is 1080p@60.

If I connect the PC directly to the TV via HDMI, I immediately get 3840x2160@30, so that works. Now the question is how to get sound to the receiver? If I use the optical out on the TV to the receiver, it will not pass HD sound formats...

Oh forgot to suggest that you could use a DVI to HDMI cable for the video to the TV. Then connect a HDMI to HDMI to the AVR. That way you don't need a second video card.

Samsung 65" HU8550 - TS01, Denon 3312 AVR, Cerwin Vega VE's x 7, DefTech ProSub x 2
WDTV Live, Roku 3, Amazon FireTV, LG BD390 Bluray, WiiU,
DishTV Hopper w/Sling, Self Made PC, AMD FX8350, 16GB Ram, LG 16x BD-RW
Gigabyte GTX-970G1, Gigabyte GTX-750Ti, 3840x2160@60Hz , Asus AC-68 Router
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, Samsung HD204Ui 2TB, 3 UPS's
doctorwizz is offline  
post #1624 of 6067 Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Member
 
Phrawst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Sent the word to get the 75HU8550 ball rolling and picked out a console tonight.

Final mockup:



TV: Samsung 75HU8550
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636
Speakers: KEF T205
Devices: Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Cable
PC: Intel Core i5-4670K, 3GB 760GTX, 500GB Samsung EVO SSD, 16GB DDR3
Phrawst is offline  
post #1625 of 6067 Old 05-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Senior Member
 
abba1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am wondering how the 8550 / 9000 sets compare to plasma in terms of black-light...close or not even close?! Thanks in advance
abba1 is offline  
post #1626 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
vddobrev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 811
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post


Oh forgot to suggest that you could use a DVI to HDMI cable for the video to the TV. Then connect a HDMI to HDMI to the AVR. That way you don't need a second video card.

Very good idea, thank you! At the moment the receiver is plugged in the ARC HDMI of the TV and I get sound via the HDMI audio return channel. If I connect the PC via DVI to HDMI, and another HDMI to the reciever for sound, how exactly to make the connections, to what ports of the TV?

I am wondering, also, which device will do a better upscaling to 4K - the video card 7970 or the TV... If I set the PC resolution to 3840x2160 that means the video card will do upscaling of 1080 content.
Has anyone done a comparison?
vddobrev is offline  
post #1627 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 03:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by abba1 View Post

I am thinking about up-grading from a 55 to 65 inch set. Presently I am torn between the H8000 and the HU9000. I have a couple of questions...
(1) How important is True Color and the LED smart feature which the 8000 doesn't have?
(2) How well do these sets upscale a blu-ray disc (we sit about 8 feet from the TV)?
Thanks in advance
Why is the HU8550 not in the mix ??
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #1628 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 03:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
doctorwizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by vddobrev View Post

Very good idea, thank you! At the moment the receiver is plugged in the ARC HDMI of the TV and I get sound via the HDMI audio return channel. If I connect the PC via DVI to HDMI, and another HDMI to the reciever for sound, how exactly to make the connections, to what ports of the TV?

I am wondering, also, which device will do a better upscaling to 4K - the video card 7970 or the TV... If I set the PC resolution to 3840x2160 that means the video card will do upscaling of 1080 content.

Has anyone done a comparison?

Connect like this:

PC to TV HDMI with DVI to HDMI cable to HDMI 1
PC HDMI to AVR with HDMI cable
AVR to TV with HDMI cable to HDMI 4 (ARC)

Then go to control panel, sound, select the AVR device name, and set it as default.

As for the upscaling, it is hard to say. I like to play all my 1080P and Bluray rips from a WDTV media player. Not because of the upscaling, but for the smoothest video playback with HD audio. No judder at all.

Samsung 65" HU8550 - TS01, Denon 3312 AVR, Cerwin Vega VE's x 7, DefTech ProSub x 2
WDTV Live, Roku 3, Amazon FireTV, LG BD390 Bluray, WiiU,
DishTV Hopper w/Sling, Self Made PC, AMD FX8350, 16GB Ram, LG 16x BD-RW
Gigabyte GTX-970G1, Gigabyte GTX-750Ti, 3840x2160@60Hz , Asus AC-68 Router
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, Samsung HD204Ui 2TB, 3 UPS's
doctorwizz is offline  
post #1629 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Member
 
Styphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello all!

I'm going to be "upgrading" (if there is such a thing) from my 65" Panasonic VT-60, simply because my new home theater arrangement makes my 65" feel small. I'm now sitting about 13 feet from the television, and I must go bigger! I I'm looking at Samsung's newly released 75" HU8550, but I can't find any solid reviews for the larger set and if it suffers from the same issues (vertical banding, light leakage) I am reading from everyone here about the 65" and smaller sets.

I'd hate to wait another full year and see what 2015 is offering, but if my $6000 is going towards a set that doesn't offer a perfect picture, then I may wait. Does anyone have the new 75" that can verify this set has the (seemingly inconsistent?) issues the smaller screens have?

For what it's worth, I am not interested in the curved screen of the HU9000.

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.
Styphin is offline  
post #1630 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 10,048
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 576
There's no reason why it would be any better in regards to the those sorts of issues that affect the smaller sets.
Styphin likes this.
Stereodude is offline  
post #1631 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styphin View Post

Hello all!

I'm going to be "upgrading" (if there is such a thing) from my 65" Panasonic VT-60, simply because my new home theater arrangement makes my 65" feel small. I'm now sitting about 13 feet from the television, and I must go bigger! I I'm looking at Samsung's newly released 75" HU8550, but I can't find any solid reviews for the larger set and if it suffers from the same issues (vertical banding, light leakage) I am reading from everyone here about the 65" and smaller sets.

I'd hate to wait another full year and see what 2015 is offering, but if my $6000 is going towards a set that doesn't offer a perfect picture, then I may wait. Does anyone have the new 75" that can verify this set has the (seemingly inconsistent?) issues the smaller screens have?

For what it's worth, I am not interested in the curved screen of the HU9000.

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.

not really $6000 when you consider how much you can get for that panny smile.gif
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #1632 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Member
 
Styphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hahaha oh I'm keeping the panny. it's just moving to a different room.
Styphin is offline  
post #1633 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Speakerphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,965
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Why is the HU8550 not in the mix ??

Assuming he wants curved?

Next question would be then, why isn't the HU8700 not in the mix.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
Speakerphile is offline  
post #1634 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styphin View Post

Hahaha oh I'm keeping the panny. it's just moving to a different room.

Funny how sitting close can make a large tv feel so small. I sit about 5' from a 65" and would have to go massive if I was 13' away
Styphin likes this.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #1635 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Member
 
seansingh7326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sphere View Post

Per CNET the 8550 has hardware LD: http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-un60hu8550/

I haven't seen any reviews mention any notable difference black levels between the 8550 and 9000, either.

You are right only the 9000 has Cinema Black.
Actually you are incorrect because cinema black as well as smart led is present on the h8000. Also so far the hu9000 and h8000 are the only tvs from samsung to feature a quad core plus processor. The pur color and 4k resolution is the only difference between the two in terms of picture quality.
seansingh7326 is offline  
post #1636 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Member
 
x3sphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansingh7326 View Post


Actually you are incorrect because cinema black as well as smart led is present on the h8000. Also so far the hu9000 and h8000 are the only tvs from samsung to feature a quad core plus processor. The pur color and 4k resolution is the only difference between the two in terms of picture quality.

The H8000 is a 1080p set, I was only talking about the HU8550 vs HU9000.

x3sphere is offline  
post #1637 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,456
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Does the HU8550 and hu9000 have different types of 3d glasses? What is the model number of the hu9000 3d glasses? If someone could help it would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1638 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorange303 View Post

Does the HU8550 and hu9000 have different types of 3d glasses? What is the model number of the hu9000 3d glasses? If someone could help it would be appreciated. Thanks.

They are both active 3d, and I believe both use the battery SSG-5100GB/ZA.

The same ones in a rechargeable form is SSG-3570CR/ZA
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #1639 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,456
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post

They are both active 3d, and I believe both use the battery SSG-5100GB/ZA.

The same ones in a rechargeable form is SSG-3570CR/ZA
well I think the hu9000 uses ssg- 5150gb. Does it matter?
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1640 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorange303 View Post

well I think the hu9000 uses ssg- 5150gb. Does it matter?

I know the 5150 takes a smaller battery, and you actually get about half of the battery life as the 5100. I wonder if this is b.c they are lighter? Outside of that, they seem indentical.
Mrorange303 likes this.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #1641 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 10:32 PM
Newbie
 
ozzie31's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys im new here. I just recently purchased the hu8550 65", im trying to connect my dr dre beatbox onto the "audio output" in the back of the tv. It seems like the standard 3.5mm jack doesnt fit, and I dont want to force it in. But what other jack can fit in there!?! Anybody would be able to help me on this misterious plug in?!
ozzie31 is offline  
post #1642 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
GregLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waimanalo HI
Posts: 3,249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreaky_d View Post

Please discuss your thoughts on this new series along with expert and owner reviews here!
I've ordered the 50" size of HU8550, partly on the strength of good user reviews on Amazon. The only expert review I've seen so far is http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue55hu7500-201405083761.htm (which says HU8550 is the N. America model number corresponding to HU7500). Were there other informative reviews mentioned earlier in the thread?

Greg Lee
GregLee is offline  
post #1643 of 6067 Old 05-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Member
 
jimbotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Smart LED is pretty useful for the most part. Unfortunately, when the image is very dark, like a face in shadows (such as Blade Runner), the dimming washes out detail. I'm trying to find a happy medium where Smart LED keeps the image dark, but doesn't wipe out dark details.

Any thoughts?
jimbotron is offline  
post #1644 of 6067 Old 05-29-2014, 12:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Ahzari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbotron View Post

Smart LED is pretty useful for the most part. Unfortunately, when the image is very dark, like a face in shadows (such as Blade Runner), the dimming washes out detail. I'm trying to find a happy medium where Smart LED keeps the image dark, but doesn't wipe out dark details.

Any thoughts?

Having a similar problem - haven't quite figured out the right settings yet.. Was watching Avengers last night and I couldn't lock in the right settings, something looked off - dark scenes were too dim and lacked shadow detail even at 20 backlight unless i was in dynamic mode (which introduces its own problems).

Audio: Yamaha A-S1000 Stereo Amplifier // Kef LS50 Speakers // Energy EW8 Subwoofer
Video: Samsung 65in HU9000 UHD TV // Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray player // Apple TV (3G)
Power: Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner
Headphones: Bose AE2W // Klipsch Image x10
Ahzari is offline  
post #1645 of 6067 Old 05-29-2014, 04:00 AM
Senior Member
 
abba1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Assuming he wants curved?

Next question would be then, why isn't the HU8700 not in the mix.

Yep, curved is the reason. We have a TINY viewing room...a whopping 12 x 11. I THINK we would benefit from a 65'' curved considering we sit only 8 feet away. But who knows? The reviews are all over the place. David K from CNET says that he sees no benefit from a curved TV. Then on the other end of the spectrum you have Trusted Reviews which says that the curved feature plays a positive role in picture quality. I guess the ''beauty is in the eye of the beholder!'' Bottom line for me is that I'm still on the fence as to which TV to get if at all. I have a perfectly fine GT 50 but I am ready to kick the size up to 65 inches. Yeah, I know, get a 64 F8500. But I'm in the group that believes 4K will be the thing of the future. Then there is the ever-present risk of IR that I don't want to deal with any more (and which, it seems is a risk on the OLED sets). As for the HU8700, I read somewhere that this model is shelved. Don't know if that's true are not, but we'll see.
abba1 is offline  
post #1646 of 6067 Old 05-29-2014, 06:45 AM
Member
 
Phrawst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Does anyone have photos of the back of the 65 or 75 8550? Just wondering how the port configuration looks.

I'll be wall mounting and will need to run an HDMI through to the receiver. (Yamaha 577) Any recommendations on cable? I normally go monoprice but since this one is going in the wall I'm willing to drop some extra cash on a monster cable for piece of mind.

TV: Samsung 75HU8550
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636
Speakers: KEF T205
Devices: Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Cable
PC: Intel Core i5-4670K, 3GB 760GTX, 500GB Samsung EVO SSD, 16GB DDR3
Phrawst is offline  
post #1647 of 6067 Old 05-29-2014, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
mjmbond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: In my theater.
Posts: 773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrawst View Post

Does anyone have photos of the back of the 65 or 75 8550? Just wondering how the port configuration looks.



I'll be wall mounting and will need to run an HDMI through to the receiver. (Yamaha 577) Any recommendations on cable? I normally go monoprice but since this one is going in the wall I'm willing to drop some extra cash on a monster cable for piece of mind.

 



I don't have a photo but can tell you that the toslink and HDMI ports are recessed and face right (as you face the front of the TV). However, the ARC HDMI port faces the back wall, so if you're using a wall hugging mount, you'll need to get a HDMI cable with a 90 degree angled connector, or a 90 degree angle adapter.
mjmbond is offline  
post #1648 of 6067 Old 05-29-2014, 06:55 AM
Senior Member
 
RollTide2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrawst View Post

Does anyone have photos of the back of the 65 or 75 8550? Just wondering how the port configuration looks.

I'll be wall mounting and will need to run an HDMI through to the receiver. (Yamaha 577) Any recommendations on cable? I normally go monoprice but since this one is going in the wall I'm willing to drop some extra cash on a monster cable for piece of mind.

I'll send you my address and you can send me the extra money i'll feel better and your equipment will work the same!!!! :-) In other words dont waste your money Monster HDMI is all hype.
RollTide2011 is offline  
post #1649 of 6067 Old 05-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
Hisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 536
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 141

monster cable certainly is all hype.  But quality of the cable is a factor at distances above 4-5 ft.  Having said that, monster cable will NOT make the picture look better, no hdmi cable can.  It will either work or it won't (or produce "sparkles" if it's on the border line).

Hisma is offline  
post #1650 of 6067 Old 05-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Member
 
Phrawst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmbond View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrawst View Post

Does anyone have photos of the back of the 65 or 75 8550? Just wondering how the port configuration looks.



I'll be wall mounting and will need to run an HDMI through to the receiver. (Yamaha 577) Any recommendations on cable? I normally go monoprice but since this one is going in the wall I'm willing to drop some extra cash on a monster cable for piece of mind.

 



I don't have a photo but can tell you that the toslink and HDMI ports are recessed and face right (as you face the front of the TV). However, the ARC HDMI port faces the back wall, so if you're using a wall hugging mount, you'll need to get a HDMI cable with a 90 degree angled connector, or a 90 degree angle adapter.


I assume the ARC Hdmi port is the one I want running to the receiver. (Allows TV audio to feed to the receiver correct?)

Not sure what TOS link is.

Do the 90 degree adapters impact bandwidth at all?

I'd likely use:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10255&cs_id=1025508&p_id=10771&seq=1&format=2

My other issue is that my PC will be about 30 feet away from the TV across the room. I'm having a rough time finding a 30 foot cable that is advertised as doing 4k @ 60hz. Want to future proof for 4k PC gaming. Anyone have any ideas?

TV: Samsung 75HU8550
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636
Speakers: KEF T205
Devices: Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Cable
PC: Intel Core i5-4670K, 3GB 760GTX, 500GB Samsung EVO SSD, 16GB DDR3
Phrawst is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
samsung u8550 , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off