OFFICIAL Samsung 4k HU8550 and HU9000 thread - Page 58 - AVS Forum
First ... 56  57  58 59  60  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > OFFICIAL Samsung 4k HU8550 and HU9000 thread
The Pfhor's Avatar The Pfhor 07:27 PM 05-31-2014
Does anyone have suggestions for settings for gaming on the UNXXHU8550?


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk.

Ahzari's Avatar Ahzari 09:20 PM 05-31-2014
So I noticed something with the HU9000.. turning off the smart LED feature seamed to help a lot with the judder.. has anyone else noticed this?
dr0z77's Avatar dr0z77 09:52 PM 05-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post

So I noticed something with the HU9000.. turning off the smart LED feature seamed to help a lot with the judder.. has anyone else noticed this?
Interesting... what does this smart led do anyway?
tl2k2's Avatar tl2k2 10:48 PM 05-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0z77 View Post

Interesting... what does this smart led do anyway?

i'm not sure if this correct but i been hearing this is local dimming.
Mattopotamus's Avatar Mattopotamus 05:20 AM 06-01-2014
I actually found smart led helped with judder, but it made the picture extremely dark.
Pxtreme's Avatar Pxtreme 06:36 AM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pfhor View Post

Does anyone have suggestions for settings for gaming on the UNXXHU8550?


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk.

If it's any help I use the following for gaming PS4 and XOne and PS3

Re name the HDMI to PC

Picture mode - entertain
Backlight -16
Contrast - 95
Brightness - 47
Sharpness - 5
Colour - fixed at 50

Picture size - 16:9

Colour tone - warm 1 or standard
Hdmi black level - low

All the other settings are fixed

Game mode is not available

I find this gives best balance of looks and responsiveness.
doctorwizz's Avatar doctorwizz 09:21 AM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post

I actually found smart led helped with judder, but it made the picture extremely dark.

Do you mean LED Clear Motion? That makes the pic darker and is supposed to help with motion.
Mattopotamus's Avatar Mattopotamus 09:29 AM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post

Do you mean LED Clear Motion? That makes the pic darker and is supposed to help with motion.

Oh yes, that is the one.
GregLee's Avatar GregLee 12:33 PM 06-01-2014
Here's a review of the HU7500, the Europe counterpart of the HU8550: http://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-ue-55-48-65-hu7500-4k-ultra-hd-led-television-review.10361.
x3sphere's Avatar x3sphere 01:28 PM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee View Post

Here's a review of the HU7500, the Europe counterpart of the HU8550: http://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-ue-55-48-65-hu7500-4k-ultra-hd-led-television-review.10361.

Good review, pretty much jives with my experience as well. The black levels and uniformity are amazing for an edge-lit LCD, nearly comparable to my previous FALD set (LG LH90).


GoodKidMAADCity's Avatar GoodKidMAADCity 01:45 PM 06-01-2014
Does anyone know how to set hdmi black level to low when watching cable? Its currently greyed out and sais normal. My blacks seemed washed out when I'm watching cable.
rsteagal100's Avatar rsteagal100 03:38 PM 06-01-2014
Is the power cord hard wired?
doctorwizz's Avatar doctorwizz 03:43 PM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteagal100 View Post

Is the power cord hard wired?

It's not on the 65 HU8550
doctorwizz's Avatar doctorwizz 04:13 PM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKidMAADCity View Post

Does anyone know how to set hdmi black level to low when watching cable? Its currently greyed out and sais normal. My blacks seemed washed out when I'm watching cable.

HDMI Black Level only works from external devices according to the manual.
All my devices run through a Denon AVR. And the only device that I can change it on is a Amazon Fire TV. Can't change it on Dish TV Hopper, WDTV Live, or Bluray. Might have something to do with color space or the black level that the device is outputting.
Stereodude's Avatar Stereodude 05:29 PM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKidMAADCity View Post

Does anyone know how to set hdmi black level to low when watching cable? Its currently greyed out and sais normal. My blacks seemed washed out when I'm watching cable.
It probably can only be adjusted for devices that output RGB as the video format, not YCrCb.
rsteagal100's Avatar rsteagal100 05:41 PM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post

It's not on the 65 HU8550

Very good news. Hopefully the 9000 is the same. Can't wait for the 78HU9000.
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 05:49 PM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteagal100 View Post

Is the power cord hard wired?
Sucks when they are, I like the removable ones myself.......
xenovis's Avatar xenovis 05:50 PM 06-01-2014
I'm looking to get the UN78HU9000 when it is available in the next two weeks. My only problem is the One Connect cable length. I have a 15' cable conduit that runs behind my mount location for my TV through the wall and terminates at my TV component stand. It looks like I'm going to have to deal with the one connect attached to the back of the set while I run all of my (cablebox/ps4/firetv/etc.) through an HDMI 2.0 switch through a single hdmi 2.0 cable run through the conduit. Has anyone heard if there is going to be a larger cable or an extender to the One Connect cable at all?
The Pfhor's Avatar The Pfhor 06:31 PM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxtreme View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pfhor View Post

Does anyone have suggestions for settings for gaming on the UNXXHU8550?


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk.

If it's any help I use the following for gaming PS4 and XOne and PS3

Re name the HDMI to PC

Picture mode - entertain
Backlight -16
Contrast - 95
Brightness - 47
Sharpness - 5
Colour - fixed at 50

Picture size - 16:9

Colour tone - warm 1 or standard
Hdmi black level - low

All the other settings are fixed

Game mode is not available

I find this gives best balance of looks and responsiveness.

Thank you, much appreciated!


Sent from my iPhone 5 (au by KDDI, Japan) using the Tapatalk App.
tl2k2's Avatar tl2k2 08:25 PM 06-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteagal100 View Post

Is the power cord hard wired?

i never came across any of samsung led tv that have the power hard wire before, its always detachable.
The Pfhor's Avatar The Pfhor 02:07 AM 06-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl2k2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteagal100 View Post

Is the power cord hard wired?

i never came across any of samsung led tv that have the power hard wire before, its always detachable.

Nope, it's not hard wired.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk.
abba1's Avatar abba1 03:17 AM 06-02-2014
I posted this question on the Oppo 103d thread and I thought I'd ask here as well. For those of you who have a 4K up-scalable blu-ray player....is there any discernible difference between sending a 4K picture to the T.V. vs sending a 1080p picture to the T.V, and letting it do the up-scaling? (I'm expecting a 8550 next week). Thanks in advance.
4r4r4r00's Avatar 4r4r4r00 05:10 AM 06-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by abba1 View Post

I posted this question on the Oppo 103d thread and I thought I'd ask here as well. For those of you who have a 4K up-scalable blu-ray player....is there any discernible difference between sending a 4K picture to the T.V. vs sending a 1080p picture to the T.V, and letting it do the up-scaling? (I'm expecting a 8550 next week). Thanks in advance.

I want to add to the question

if i have PC with 290 AMD video card Can transmit  4K 30 hz 

How 720P or 1080P movie show :confused:


vddobrev's Avatar vddobrev 05:35 AM 06-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post


Oh forgot to suggest that you could use a DVI to HDMI cable for the video to the TV. Then connect a HDMI to HDMI to the AVR. That way you don't need a second video card.

I tried with a dual link DVI-HDMI cable, but it did not work, the available resolution was only 1080p. It looks like in my case I can only get 4K resolution using an HDMI cable...
vddobrev's Avatar vddobrev 05:50 AM 06-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhseller789x View Post

Hey guys,
This is my first time posting on the forum and I actually just joined to be able to talk to you all about my TV as this is my first I have ever owned. I just purchased the 65uh8550 last week and have noticed a few irregularities in the lighting and wanted to know if it is something that I should expect from the TV, or should I consider returning it for a new one.

Along both the top and bottom edges of the screen, about a half inch wide, the picture actually gets lighter as if the light is bleeding onto the screen and fading out the color. This is very notice on screens that are all one color, for example the red netflix loading screen which I have included a picture of. It is noticeable over all colors or scenes I am watching. However, when there is black or dark scene, it seems to disappear. 




I am not sure what to make of it and maybe there is a setting on the TV that will help it not be as pronounced. I have played with many of the color and lighting options, but nothing seems to get rid of the effect.

Let me know what you guys think as you probably have a better idea if this is acceptable or not.

Thanks!

Try smart led off and try with solid color test pattern. Honestly I don't see anything wrong, other than some light uniformity problem [which may or may not be solved by replacement...]
doctorwizz's Avatar doctorwizz 06:21 AM 06-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vddobrev View Post

I tried with a dual link DVI-HDMI cable, but it did not work, the available resolution was only 1080p. It looks like in my case I can only get 4K resolution using an HDMI cable...

That is strange. It should work. What cable and video card do you have?

I used this and it worked fine with a Geforce 750Ti

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LJQP0E/
vddobrev's Avatar vddobrev 07:17 AM 06-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post

That is strange. It should work. What cable and video card do you have?

I used this and it worked fine with a Geforce 750Ti

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LJQP0E/

My card is AMD 7970 GHz edition, the cable is generic dual link DVI to HDMI, I have used it before to connect to 1920x1200 Dell monitor...
mjmbond's Avatar mjmbond 07:46 AM 06-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhseller789x View Post

Hey guys,



This is my first time posting on the forum and I actually just joined to be able to talk to you all about my TV as this is my first I have ever owned. I just purchased the 65uh8550 last week and have noticed a few irregularities in the lighting and wanted to know if it is something that I should expect from the TV, or should I consider returning it for a new one.



 



Along both the top and bottom edges of the screen, about a half inch wide, the picture actually gets lighter as if the light is bleeding onto the screen and fading out the color. This is very notice on screens that are all one color, for example the red netflix loading screen which I have included a picture of. It is noticeable over all colors or scenes I am watching. However, when there is black or dark scene, it seems to disappear. 



 





 



I am not sure what to make of it and maybe there is a setting on the TV that will help it not be as pronounced. I have played with many of the color and lighting options, but nothing seems to get rid of the effect.



 



Let me know what you guys think as you probably have a better idea if this is acceptable or not.



 



Thanks!


 



I think this is one of the set peculiarities. I saw it on mine, and checked out two Best Buys where the floor models exhibited the same thing. Honestly, it's barely perceptible and doesn't trigger my OCD at all.
mjmbond's Avatar mjmbond 07:53 AM 06-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Brown View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffreyc View Post

Any of you using the HU8550 (HU7500 here in the UK) had any problems with the screensaver coming on whilst watching a blu-ray even though its switched off in the menu?


Happened to me while watching Avatar 3D last night. Several hours into viewing the Samsung screensaver appeared.

 



I have no idea why, but Smart TV>First Screen Settings>Clear ALL solved this problem for me.
Doug Brown's Avatar Doug Brown 09:16 AM 06-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmbond View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Brown View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffreyc View Post

Any of you using the HU8550 (HU7500 here in the UK) had any problems with the screensaver coming on whilst watching a blu-ray even though its switched off in the menu?


Happened to me while watching Avatar 3D last night. Several hours into viewing the Samsung screensaver appeared.

 



I have no idea why, but Smart TV>First Screen Settings>Clear ALL solved this problem for me.

I'll have to give that a try. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the soap opera effect on the TV?
Tags: samsung u8550 , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv
First ... 56  57  58 59  60  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop