Vizio TV Displays "not support" for 10 minutes. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-11-2014, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

So here's a mystery that I had ever since I've had this TV.  As soon as I turn my TV on I can watch any channel as long as it's not HD.  If I try to switch to any HD channel (doesn't matter if its 720p, 1080i, or 1080p) my TV will not display the content.  It does display a message that says "NOT SUPPORT"    

Here's the issue...it's works FINE after about 10-15 minutes just like nothing was ever wrong!  

After about the 5 minute mark it will flash the audio and video for second to two second intervals and the longer I get to about the 10-15 minute mark the longer it stays on before flashing off again.  Seems like after 10-15 minutes it's like magic and works fine.  

I've tried multiple cable boxes, multiple cables, multiple resolutions, multiple inputs (both component and HDMI are affected)...same result every time.  

The exceptions are:  Netflix works as soon as it's turned on and games on my PS3 work as soon as it's turned on.  YouTube does not.  

ANY IDEAS??????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-12-2014, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
You did not write it but have you turned the set off and then unplugged it for say 10 minuets to clear its head.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-12-2014, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Yeah I've tried that....no better after cycling the power.   I timed it...the picture was watchable after 13 minutes tonight.  Audio starts coming in with video at about the 9 minute mark.  Until then TV says "NOT SUPPORT"

post #4 of 4 Old 03-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I was at the Vizio web site looking at a new tv for the grand kids, and ran across a bunch of little video on power cycling a vizio tv. its turn off then unplug it, then push the onboard power button for 10 to 25 second to reset the tv. I have always just unplugged in the past.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page