post #781 of 958 Old 07-05-2014, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmunster2 View Post
Just got a 47LN5400 and hooked up to time warner cable. HDMI connection to the tv. When you press the info button on the remote it gives only the screen resolution and next to it it says 60Hz. I have the same tv in 42in size hooked up in another place with comcast, and when I push the info button, I get the resolution, the type of audio and the channel info and no 60Hz.
The set has a 120Hz refresh rate, so what is the 60Hz and why doesn't the set connected to time warner (NYC) show the other info?
Thanks
FYI. The 47LN5400 is a 2013 model. This is the 2014 thread.

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 958 Old 07-05-2014, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does the "EXIT TO LIVE" button [it's a symbol of a TV with antennas] work for anyone? I press it and it never takes me to my live channels. My inputs are a digital antenna via RG6 cable, HDMI1, and HDMI2.
post #783 of 958 Old 07-05-2014, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
When I first set up my 42LB6300, I ran coax straight in to the back. The live TV worked for me then. I now have it run through an STB, it's hit or miss with the Live TV button now. Sometimes it works, sometimes it takes me to the internal TV tuner and displays static. I think the WebOS on this TV is still a little under cooked. ARC keeps dropping off, The universal remote refuses to program for my Receiver, though the 47LA6900 programs fine with it.

This is my second 42LB6300. The first one, the wifi was inop, the HDMI board couldn't detect inputs, the TV tuner could not detect a signal. In fact the only thing that worked on it was the antenna and the audio continually dropped out. The WebOS continually crashed, even in the settings menu. It looked pretty though.
post #784 of 958 Old 07-05-2014, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by assm0de View Post
Hey I'm in the same boat as you. Looking at the LG 6500, Sony W800B, and Samsung 6400. I would sacrifice the black level for viewing angle, because I value gamma slightly more than black level, but according to rtings.com the LG's don't do so well in a bright room compared to the others, which is really where LED should be excelling. That is really the only thing stopping me from getting the LG.

So for me that leaves the Sony and Samsung. They are both basically the same in terms of performance, both do panel lottery (according to this article Sony are using 50% taiwan panels, so the odds of winning the panel lottery might actually be worse with Sony.

So for now I'm back to looking at Samsungs. But every time I look at them on display I come away with mixed feelings about the off angle washout. I can't commit to buying because I think I'll be disappointed. But at the same time I need to buy something.

edit: forgot to say, I'm now leaning back to the Samsung 6400 because its the only one with a swivel stand, so you can point it where you're sitting and suffer less viewing angle issues.
In my experience, and this does not necessarily take the panel lottrey into account, if you want better viewing angles go with a IPS panel, if you want better blacks and contrast go with a S-PVA panel. If the panel is coming out of China then it's your guess as well as mine.
post #785 of 958 Old 07-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
FYI. The 47LN5400 is a 2013 model. This is the 2014 thread.
Gee, sorry for that and really appreciate the helpful info that you provided. People such as yourself shouldn't be allowed on enthusiasts forums, since you have nothing of any value to provide. I am sure that you could have attempted to answer my question, and also told me about the model year in a non-condescending way; but instead you just post a totally useless response just to aggravate someone who is looking for help.
Thank you for nothing.
post #786 of 958 Old 07-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Gee, sorry for that and really appreciate the helpful info that you provided. People such as yourself shouldn't be allowed on enthusiasts forums, since you have nothing of any value to provide. I am sure that you could have attempted to answer my question, and also told me about the model year in a non-condescending way; but instead you just post a totally useless response just to aggravate someone who is looking for help.
Thank you for nothing.

Maybe I should have put a smiley face behind my post and you would have appreciated the truth. Hey, do you always blame others for your ignorance? It's not my fault you posted in the wrong thread or perhaps thought you had a 2014 TV because you purchased it in 2014.

I did help you rather you want to admit it. Ungrateful!
notabadname likes this.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 07-05-2014 at 01:20 PM.
post #787 of 958 Old 07-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
Maybe I should have put a smiley face behind my post and you would have appreciated the truth. Hey, do you always blame others for your ignorance? It's not my fault you posted in the wrong thread or perhaps thought you had a 2014 TV because you purchased it in 2014.

I did help you rather you want to admit it. Ungrateful!
You basically proved my point with your response- you have nothing beneficial to post, and you obviously must resort to name-calling rather than saying anything meaningful. Go ahead and post whatever you want, I am done with this thread and will not view it. Be fair warned, if you pm me with a response it will be forwarded to the AVS FORUM moderators to deal with.
post #788 of 958 Old 07-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You basically proved my point with your response- you have nothing beneficial to post, and you obviously must resort to name-calling rather than saying anything meaningful. Go ahead and post whatever you want, I am done with this thread and will not view it. Be fair warned, if you pm me with a response it will be forwarded to the AVS FORUM moderators to deal with.

Why would I PM you? U proved your ignorance.

post #789 of 958 Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Wow someone is off their meds.
notabadname and interfreak like this.
post #790 of 958 Old 07-06-2014, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can the number of zones be adjusted by software or is it determined by hardware?
post #791 of 958 Old 07-06-2014, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehwoneee View Post
Can the number of zones be adjusted by software or is it determined by hardware?
It cannot be adjusted, it is a hardware limitation.

After the latest update, Amazon Video is no longer working, I just get a grey screen. Has anyone else seen this problem?
post #792 of 958 Old 07-06-2014, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The update for Netflix makes the icon look like crap!!!
post #793 of 958 Old 07-07-2014, 08:55 AM

Hi

Can someone please tell me if there is a difference in picture quality between the LB6100 and the LB6500 and how good/bad is the input lag in those?

Thanks to anyone who replies.
post #794 of 958 Old 07-07-2014, 07:09 PM

According to amazon's description, the 7100 is edge lit. I was under the impression this tv was supposed to be direct lit with led lights behind the screen. Anyone seen it say otherwise or is amazon right?
post #795 of 958 Old 07-07-2014, 07:11 PM

LG's response to fixing the issue of an unresponsive Exit to Live button is to reset the TV, by unplugging it and pressing the power button for 30 seconds while unplugged. I hope that means I do not lose all my settings. I've already lost my custom picture settings after the recent firmware update.
post #796 of 958 Old 07-08-2014, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
Hi

Can someone please tell me if there is a difference in picture quality between the LB6100 and the LB6500 and how good/bad is the input lag in those?

Thanks to anyone who replies.
The input lag is very good for the LG's according to rtings.com.

Download the manuals (or "user guide"...the one that opens as a web page in your browser) from the LG site to see what the differences are.
Castiel likes this.
post #797 of 958 Old 07-08-2014, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Has anyone in the US actually laid hands upon an LB6500? I don't get what LG's up to with this model. It either debuted, briefly, or had its distribution canceled outright.
post #798 of 958 Old 07-08-2014, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Talk with LG for the LB6500 because all canadian dealer are out of stock.

They will re-stock all dealer in one month.....
post #799 of 958 Old 07-08-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtheme View Post
LG's response to fixing the issue of an unresponsive Exit to Live button is to reset the TV, by unplugging it and pressing the power button for 30 seconds while unplugged. I hope that means I do not lose all my settings. I've already lost my custom picture settings after the recent firmware update.
A factory reset did not solve the issue, nor did a total reset of all settings, as recommended by LG. I guess LG doesn't consider Antenna DTV a "live tv" feed, though it is connected via the coax rg6. As mentioned from a previous poster, the live tv button seems to work when nothing is connected to the coax. Yeah, exit to snow.
post #800 of 958 Old 07-09-2014, 03:21 PM

I know IPS panels are supposed to offer better viewing angles but I can see it gets really washed out looking from the side. Is this normal or can there be something wrong with my tv?
post #801 of 958 Old 07-09-2014, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Everyone, I have the LB6300. If you are bothered by the auto-dimming issue, can you try turning DYNAMIC CONTRAST to HIGH and posting your results? I had some dimming annoyances and did this and frankly it completely solved the problem.
greg4811 likes this.
post #802 of 958 Old 07-11-2014, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Think I've had it with WebOS. Everytime I power on the TV now, I have to enter the setting menu (that takes about a minute or two to load) and switch the speakers to External. This was a gift from the most recent update. After about an hour, it will randomly switch back to TV Speakers while viewing. Still no Spotify/Pandora..... Goodbye LB6300..
post #803 of 958 Old 07-11-2014, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoBalls View Post
Everyone, I have the LB6300. If you are bothered by the auto-dimming issue, can you try turning DYNAMIC CONTRAST to HIGH and posting your results? I had some dimming annoyances and did this and frankly it completely solved the problem.
What other settings are you using in conjunction with this? The ones on LCDTVguide website?
post #804 of 958 Old 07-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

I got update notification on my LB7100 today for "NSU Ready". Anyone else get this and know what this is. I did not update. Thanks.

post #805 of 958 Old 07-12-2014, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
NSU stands for 'New Software Update'......so basically its a new software update for your TV, so do it.
post #806 of 958 Old 07-12-2014, 11:52 AM

the supposed issue with the 'Live TV' button not working is probably not going to get fixed because i dont think LG thinks there is a problem. usually if only a handful of people call customer service with a specific issue, nothing is really done about it, because well, its only a handful of people. now if hundreds of people called in, then they would pick up on it.

so to understand better, you have Antenna DTV and when you hit the 'live TV' button, it takes you to analog TV?
post #807 of 958 Old 07-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomol620 View Post
NSU stands for 'New Software Update'......so basically its a new software update for your TV, so do it.

Thanks. Will do.

post #808 of 958 Old 07-13-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomol620 View Post
the supposed issue with the 'Live TV' button not working is probably not going to get fixed because i dont think LG thinks there is a problem. usually if only a handful of people call customer service with a specific issue, nothing is really done about it, because well, its only a handful of people. now if hundreds of people called in, then they would pick up on it.

so to understand better, you have Antenna DTV and when you hit the 'live TV' button, it takes you to analog TV?
I have (a) Antenna DTV connected to the Antenna/Cable In terminal, and (b) Chromecast connected to HDMI. When I am using HDMI1, pressing the "Live TV" button does nothing.

I would expect it to take me to whatever is connected to the Antenna/Cable In terminal.
post #809 of 958 Old 07-14-2014, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

Anyone here have the 70LB7100, Would you mind putting up a few pictures? Seems the only issue with it is the auto dimming feature, exactly what is that causing that is bothersome? Thanks!
post #810 of 958 Old 07-14-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtheme View Post
I have (a) Antenna DTV connected to the Antenna/Cable In terminal, and (b) Chromecast connected to HDMI. When I am using HDMI1, pressing the "Live TV" button does nothing.

I would expect it to take me to whatever is connected to the Antenna/Cable In terminal.
ok i understand now. well either you may need service to replace the main board of the TV, or you would just need to wait until a SW update resolves the issue, or you can just pull up the home screen and click on the 'Live TV' icon. if i were in your shoes i would just go with the work around. all the hassle of service is too much and i would rather just click the icon in the home screen.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page