Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1182 Old 10-19-2014, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I decided to go with the LG after all. tippo I still look forward to your results, but I'll stop pestering you since I already made my decision. I just felt the 70" size and passive 3D was too important to me. And after seeing that the Sony wasn't any better picture quality wise, that made it easier. I'll say the "sharpness" was very good. IE very nice and sharp image without much artifacts at all. But the LG the colors seemed to shine and "pop" a bit more from what I remember it. And I really like when TVs do that.

Sorry to everyone for all my posts lately, but I was going through internal struggle I think it made my nerves a bit crazy. Hopefully now they can settle down. I'm really looking forward to getting the LG back in and popping in Avatar. Going to watch The Wizard of Oz and The House of Wax in 3D before Halloween.

I'm uploading a couple videos of Tomb Raider on PC right now.
I didn't notice any trailing, but I did notice one pixel in the imiddle of the screen that couldn't keep up. It would blink red then normal then red. Not sure if it shows up in the video. I'm also about to record the scene from Tangled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1182 Old 10-19-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippo View Post
I'm uploading a couple videos of Tomb Raider on PC right now.
I didn't notice any trailing, but I did notice one pixel in the imiddle of the screen that couldn't keep up. It would blink red then normal then red. Not sure if it shows up in the video. I'm also about to record the scene from Tangled.
awesome, look forward to them. Overall, very happy I finally settled on the LG. But I will def check out your videos. Maybe I just had a bad panel because as you saw my old one had it real bad. I'm getting a brand new set on Wednesday.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
post #1173 of 1182 Old 10-19-2014, 10:46 PM

Here's the first one.

http://youtu.be/u1RkNk2qE-4

I wanted to show a dark scene.
post #1174 of 1182 Old 10-20-2014, 02:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Here's the first one.

http://youtu.be/u1RkNk2qE-4

I wanted to show a dark scene.
Yeah you are getting it. You have to look at the walls while you pan. It's hard to make out, but I'd say it's at least maybe 50% as bad as mine was. It's something I'm willing to take, to get back the quality 3D though.

post #1175 of 1182 Old 10-20-2014, 08:41 AM

LG 70LB7100 Global dimming test 3: http://youtu.be/ymTs5eabsfQ

LG 70LB7100 ghosting trailing test: http://youtu.be/26lHweAoYFM
post #1176 of 1182 Old 10-20-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Yeah you are getting it. You have to look at the walls while you pan. It's hard to make out, but I'd say it's at least maybe 50% as bad as mine was. It's something I'm willing to take, to get back the quality 3D though.
Yeah, I wasn't sure.. but when you're panning so fast, it's hard to keep focus on the details. It's not noticeable for me so I don't mind it. The only thing, like I mentioned earlier, is the damn pixel in the middle of the TV that shifts in and out of color. Like the pixel can't keep up.
post #1177 of 1182 Old 10-20-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Now that I see the trail test in more light. It doesn't look as bad as mine, but pretty bad. I'll have to put mine through some tests, but gaming was something I was willing to sacrifice for big screen theater 3D at home. As far as the tangled test. It looks great! But I will put the backlight at max and brightness to about 36. I just like the contrast and color pop it gives me. So hopefully that doesn't do it. But thanks so much for your tests. So how are you liking your tv so far? Have you tried 3D? Do you even like 3D?

I think the Sony was better at picture clarity and motion handling, but the LG has better color vibrance and 3D.

Last edited by Teremei; 10-20-2014 at 02:51 PM.
post #1178 of 1182 Old 10-20-2014, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Once again you pick a scene that does not trigger global dimming. Yes I know the other person had bad global dimming on this scene(WOW!!!) but it needs to be really dark scene then you will see the screen dim. If you seen my video, I think it is back on page 12 or so you will see what I mean. If you have Star Trek TNG the opening you will see it!!!!! Or if you have PS3 or PS4 with Call of Duty Ghost in game when you go to a friends or person profile it gets really dim also I seen it if you go into PlayStation store and you look at a description of a game and it brings up the whole description it its dim there.
post #1179 of 1182 Old 10-20-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparbob7 View Post
Once again you pick a scene that does not trigger global dimming. Yes I know the other person had bad global dimming on this scene(WOW!!!) but it needs to be really dark scene then you will see the screen dim. If you seen my video, I think it is back on page 12 or so you will see what I mean. If you have Star Trek TNG the opening you will see it!!!!! Or if you have PS3 or PS4 with Call of Duty Ghost in game when you go to a friends or person profile it gets really dim also I seen it if you go into PlayStation store and you look at a description of a game and it brings up the whole description it its dim there.
Whatever man.. first off, we're comparing between our models, that's why I recorded Tangled. Second, if you watched the first Tomb Raider clip, it IS a dark scene. She's in a damn cave that's almost pitch black. Third, why can't you just accept the fact that maybe my 70LB7100 is not affected by global dimming. How about a "Hey man, that's awesome that global dimming isn't horrendous on your TV.. cause Yeah it sucks."

It seems misery loves company.

If I can find Star Trek TNG I'll check it out.
post #1180 of 1182 Old 10-20-2014, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Whatever man.. first off, we're comparing between our models, that's why I recorded Tangled. Second, if you watched the first Tomb Raider clip, it IS a dark scene. She's in a damn cave that's almost pitch black. Third, why can't you just accept the fact that maybe my 70LB7100 is not affected by global dimming. How about a "Hey man, that's awesome that global dimming isn't horrendous on your TV.. cause Yeah it sucks."

It seems misery loves company.

If I can find Star Trek TNG I'll check it out.
It has to be very dark. Tomb Raider she had a torch which is bright enough to void the global dimming. It has to be very dark with hardly anything bright on it. Just watch my video.

Maybe your right about the 70 but it is still a 7100. I had 2 55LB7200 and 2 60LB7100 and they all had global dimming and also other people are having the same issue.

It pisses me off that LG denies that these TV's have global dimming!!
post #1181 of 1182 Old 10-20-2014, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparbob7 View Post
First off. You are not the only person in the universe. What do you think, just because you got global dimming in scene #1 and scene #2 that everyone has to use YOUR scenes to test global dimming? Personally, I think the scene where Kowalski lets go IS very dark. Pretty much the entire screen around him is black space as he drifts backward and becomes smaller on the screen. It's not any different than a small planet in the STNG opening surrounded by space.
rahuljawale likes this.

post #1182 of 1182 Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

My delivery from best buy is due 7 - 9 a.m. I get home from work at 5:30 a.m. so I should be able to stay up for the delivery.

I am hoping I get a good one.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un60es7100 by PriceGrabber.com