2014 LG THREAD - Page 46 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1351 of 1384 Old 02-12-2015, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
On my 42" the power cord barely sticks out. The cord hangs down at a 90 deg angle and the plug sticks out no more than an 1". I would suspect your power cord would be similar.

My Crude drawing of the power cord ..

[]=
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1384 Old 02-12-2015, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good news! My mount worked without any modifications. All that worry for nothing (I even chatted with a rep from LG today online and they said my mount wouldn't work - shows what they know). Was pretty nervous when the box showed up via FedEx from amazon...massive puncture in the outer box, luckily the inner box was fine. Initial (literally had it on for an hour) reaction is the TV seems pretty sweet. Will test later this evening when it gets dark in my room for the global dimming (will try the gravity scene). Have not adjusted pic setting at all yet, liking the vivid setting.

My current big question I haven't seen to be able to find online is "Can I get the magic remote to control all my devices - att uverse box, bluray player, and a/v receiver? Currently all my devices are hooked to the receiver via hdmi, then I have 1 hdmi cord that goes from the receiver into "input 1" on the tv" I would love to utilize this little remote for all my devices, but I haven't been able to figure out how to set it up to control multiple devices. I feel like this will only work if each individual device is actually plugged directly into the tv? I could be wrong.

Below is a pic of her beauty all set up (yes my kids are already hogging it and watching cartoons)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0905 (1).jpg
Views:	169
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	541905  
post #1353 of 1384 Old 02-16-2015, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Now that I've had the tv for several days here's my thoughts. I really like the looks and design of the tv. The WebOS is perfectly fine (i have apple tv, so not sure how much I'll be using the smart features).
Global Dimming - I have not had any issues with this as of yet. I read this entire forum and was completely freaked out and can't say that I've seen it yet. (even tried the notorious gravity scene).
Picture Quality - I'm a little torn. At times I feel like the picture is down right amazing, and at other times I definitely feel like it is washed out, not deep blacks, or a grayish tint to everything (maybe cloudy). I find myself still constantly messing with the pictures options...still haven't landed on one I like for everything. I have a bright room and it performs well in the bright room, but then at night I sometimes find myself noticing the washed out look more... am I crazy?
Gaming - has been great, haven't noticed any input lag
Magic Remote - I think I already posted this question above, but has anyone had luck getting the magic remote to control all their devices if they are hooked up to a receiver? I did finally get my sound to work through the ARC channel with my Yamaha 675 receiver so that is nice, but like I said not sure how much I'll use netflix and pandora on the tv...It seems like when you go into the simplelink I can only set up one thing. I have gotten the remote to work with my receiver (but it will not turn it on or off consistently, and will not change the inputs). I also got it to work with the ATT box, but then it looks like I lost the receiver capabilities...seems like a poor design as I'm sure many hook all their components through the receiver, and then have only 1 hdmi going to the tv from the receiver. The remote also sometimes randomly turns on the bluray player...not sure what is going on there.
Still overall very happy considering I got the tv for under 700, and it is now back to 850 on amazon.
post #1354 of 1384 Old 02-17-2015, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 166
which size did you get? If you are not happy with the blacks you probably go the famous IPS panel which most of these TVs have. There has not been unanimous agreement but I think the 70LB7100 which I have doesn't use IPS. But I cannot be sure. And I am happy with the blacks except for scenes where the blacks seem to "flicker grey" some times. But that happened with the Sony I tested too so it's not just an LG problem.

Main room (3D bluray, PS4, WiiU) LG 70LB7100: Denon x4000, Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II x2, RS-41II x2, SVS PC-12NSD + Klipsch RW12d
Downstairs (PS3, Xbox 360) Panny L55ET5: Demon 1712, Polk CS10, R300 x2, t15 x2, PSW10
post #1355 of 1384 Old 02-22-2015, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oujay33 View Post
Now that I've had the tv for several days here's my thoughts. I really like the looks and design of the tv. The WebOS is perfectly fine (i have apple tv, so not sure how much I'll be using the smart features).
Global Dimming - I have not had any issues with this as of yet. I read this entire forum and was completely freaked out and can't say that I've seen it yet. (even tried the notorious gravity scene).
Picture Quality - I'm a little torn. At times I feel like the picture is down right amazing, and at other times I definitely feel like it is washed out, not deep blacks, or a grayish tint to everything (maybe cloudy). I find myself still constantly messing with the pictures options...still haven't landed on one I like for everything. I have a bright room and it performs well in the bright room, but then at night I sometimes find myself noticing the washed out look more... am I crazy?
Gaming - has been great, haven't noticed any input lag
Magic Remote - I think I already posted this question above, but has anyone had luck getting the magic remote to control all their devices if they are hooked up to a receiver? I did finally get my sound to work through the ARC channel with my Yamaha 675 receiver so that is nice, but like I said not sure how much I'll use netflix and pandora on the tv...It seems like when you go into the simplelink I can only set up one thing. I have gotten the remote to work with my receiver (but it will not turn it on or off consistently, and will not change the inputs). I also got it to work with the ATT box, but then it looks like I lost the receiver capabilities...seems like a poor design as I'm sure many hook all their components through the receiver, and then have only 1 hdmi going to the tv from the receiver. The remote also sometimes randomly turns on the bluray player...not sure what is going on there.
Still overall very happy considering I got the tv for under 700, and it is now back to 850 on amazon.
I have the LG lb6500 and a Yamaha 675 just like you. The magic remote is useless for our receiver, even emailed LG and got a generic "not all devices are compatible" response, it's a basic remote and down right shame and just coz of that makes me want to return it. Don't say it's a universal remote when in fact it's not, if they added a leaning function or more then 9 remote types it would have been fine. Anyways I was able get the magic remote to function for the most part, mostly HDMI CEC devices, make sure SIMPLELINK and auto power on are turned on and in the receiver you have to enable ARC and HDMI Control.

TV HDMI 1 (ARC) <> Yamaha output ARC port
TV HDMI 2 <> HTPC with CEC
Yamaha HDMI 1 <> Chromecast powered by the usb port
Yamaha HDMI 2 <> Xbox 360

Turn on the TV and it automatically goes to HDMI 2, turns on receiver and set audio out to AV1. This way I get full sound from the receiver and Netflix, Miracast etc .
Switch to HDMI 1 to use the chromecast and the receivers input changes automatically from AV1 to HDMI1. So as long as the device has proper CEC when you turn on the device that is attached to the receiver the input automatically changes.

Sadly the xbox does not have proper CEC and I have to manually change the input for it. When I change back to HDMI2, Netflix etc the receiver goes to AV1. Last but not least when the TV is powered on so is the receiver and same for shutdown.

So for me I was able to work around the limitations and them lying about the magic remote.

Question for you guys.

1.) Does Netflix function properly? I play a video and randomly in the middle it will start buffering and never get past 25% if i go back and start the movie again it plays, no it's not my connection made sure of that.
2.) Netflix also randomly crashes and exits and I have to restart the movie.
3.) Anyone use Miracast, I find it very hard to get my tablet to connect and when it does it work for about 20 minutes and freezes and sometimes the TV freezes as well and I have to power off and on. I have tried multiple devices and they all have the same issue, tested these devices with another miracast adapter and they stayed connected for well over an hour.

Last edited by jebise101; 02-22-2015 at 10:25 PM.
post #1356 of 1384 Old 02-22-2015, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Maybe somebody in this thread can give me some insight.

I'm strongly considering getting a 55UB8200 tomorrow. My other top contender is the Vizio P-Series 55"

thoughts before I pull the trigger?
post #1357 of 1384 Old 02-23-2015, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone else get major artifacting when Dejudder is set to "10"?
post #1358 of 1384 Old 02-23-2015, 03:29 PM

Picked up a 55UB8200 this morning for $1200 after tax.

Been testing different sources.

PS4 gaming (Evolve): excellent black level, action was smooth as silk, detail was off the charts.

Netflix 4K: amazing color, great detail. Not a lot of content, but I couldn't really care less

PS4 Blu Ray (Transformers: Dark of the Moon): The TV does a really good job with the upscaling and keeping up with the action. An interesting observation though, the CGI portions of the movie, the transformers, look noticeably more "high-res" than the filmed parts. To the point where the Transformers stand out against the background more than they did when watching on a 1080p tv. My only issue is that every few seconds the picture "jumps" or looks like it skips a frame. It's barely noticeable, but it is noticeable. I'm guessing there's something in the settings to correct this. I'm not sure if it's the or the PS4.
post #1359 of 1384 Old 02-23-2015, 07:04 PM

I fixed the jumping problem by dialing up the anti-jitter setting.

but I'm watching walking dead now, which has a lot of black, and I'm noticing something that's really bothering me. In the upper right corner, about 12 inches from the top right, the backlight is visibly showing through in a weird pattern. It almost looks like there's an LED out. It's dark in the middle and bright on either side for a few inches. When that part of the screen is dark it is really noticeable.

Do I need to consider returning the tv?
post #1360 of 1384 Old 02-24-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre08 View Post
I fixed the jumping problem by dialing up the anti-jitter setting.

but I'm watching walking dead now, which has a lot of black, and I'm noticing something that's really bothering me. In the upper right corner, about 12 inches from the top right, the backlight is visibly showing through in a weird pattern. It almost looks like there's an LED out. It's dark in the middle and bright on either side for a few inches. When that part of the screen is dark it is really noticeable.

Do I need to consider returning the tv?
Can I see a picture of the issue if possible?

It could be either an LED went out, is defective, or the diffusion panel isn't properly spreading light across that particular part of the screen. LED panels are a pain in the rear, because it's hard to get a screen that's completely uniform across the entire panel.

Last edited by WolfyAmbassador; 02-24-2015 at 10:31 AM.
post #1361 of 1384 Old 02-24-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyAmbassador View Post
Can I see a picture of the issue if possible?

It could be either an LED went out, is defective, or the diffusion panel isn't properly spreading light across that particular part of the screen. LED panels are a pain in the rear, because it's hard to get a screen that's completely uniform across the entire panel.
sorry for the crappy grainy cell phone pic, I had to darken the room as much as possible, but i think you can still see the problem. This is paused on a scene where the screen is completely black. The problem is along the top of the screen, the halos in the bottom corners are reflections on the tv, the lighting is uniform everywhere else.

it's much more prominent at night obviously
post #1362 of 1384 Old 02-24-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
sorry for the crappy grainy cell phone pic, I had to darken the room as much as possible, but i think you can still see the problem. This is paused on a scene where the screen is completely black. The problem is along the top of the screen, the halos in the bottom corners are reflections on the tv, the lighting is uniform everywhere else.

it's much more prominent at night obviously
It might be backlight bleed. Look it up.
post #1363 of 1384 Old 02-24-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyAmbassador View Post
It might be backlight bleed. Look it up.
I tried the tapping and rubbing technique to no avail.

I think it's going back.

Now the real question is, so I go 1:1 and get the same tv or do I switch brand or model?

is it possible that the 8500 is better constructed?
post #1364 of 1384 Old 02-25-2015, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just wanted to get in here and post my thoughts on the 2014 LG’s. Just in case potential buyers come to this thread and are looking for answers. I started out with a 55LB5900 and while it was only a $499 set I couldn’t stand the awful blacks. With that came some uniformity issues on dark screens as well. There were lighter patterns on the left side of the screen that would show. Outside of that it is what it is, a non smart/3d set for a budget price. If you don’t mind blacks looking gray then you should have no issue with this set. Mine performed well outside of my complete disdain with the blacks and uniformity issues. Again…it was a $499 set so I didn’t expect much but was really let down my 2007 Olevia LCD in my spare room had the same black levels as this LED 2014 set.

So….

I sold the LG LB5900 and proceeded to research some on what a replacement could be. I’ve always been fond of LG’s but that was years ago when I had my local dimming 55LH90. That set was a beast and prompted me to start looking at sets that had local dimming. Well I settled on the LG 55LB7200. I scored it from a local Microcenter for a sweet deal. I got it home and man is this a good looking set, barely no bezel and thin. I fire it up and hmmm the LG screen that came up looked darker in the corners and there was a slight “vertical band” on each side of the set. I say to myself, here we go and I was right. I tune the picture the best I can and during the day the set looked pretty good. I didn’t see much of the banding present on the load screen but it was there as well as the darker corners. Also (this is the major deal breaker), I did notice what others have talked about in this thread “global dimming”. It was there in full force on my set and so much so it totally detracted from the picture, scenes would just get too dark. The only way I found to get rid of global dimming is well to either turn local dimming off (kills blacks to LB5900 levels) or put the black level on high (kills blacks). Furthermore the blooming and back light array is distracting to the point if you have a spinning waiting circle on the center screen, you can literally see the array go around in circles around it.

So Pt2…

The LB7200 is going back to Microcenter this weekend. It’s a darn shame because it’s a really nice looking set and at times can produce a great picture. However, the short comings are just too much for me to handle. I think the biggest issues outside of the dimming issues is the IPS panels. They just don’t do it for me. Yeah you get a good view angle side to side but “IMO” you give up to much contrast. I realize cost is a factor on dimming zones also so I don’t expect the same level of dimming performance as a top tier set but the execution on the 7200 is just flat out awful.

I’ve got a Samsung 55H6350 arriving Friday and I'm going to give it a whirl. If it doesn’t shake out I’m thinking of having to shell out more coin for 60 M series Vizio as it has a VA panel versus an IPS panel in the 55.
post #1365 of 1384 Old 03-01-2015, 03:17 PM

Hello all,

My girlfriend recently got the LG 60LB6100 from Costco and I set it up for her and have been tinkering with the settings to get the picture just right. I am attaching a picture of the game and the custom settings I chose instead of the standard, vivid, sport mode etc. Has anyone calibrated and posted metrics they picked that are optimum for this LG set? Anything else we should know about this tv? Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1425251575556.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	577153   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1425251593655.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	577161   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1425251615133.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	577169  
post #1366 of 1384 Old 03-10-2015, 06:04 PM

Is there a way to check the number of hours 70LB7100 TV is on in the store. One of the BestBuy stores is willing to sell me a floor model which looks new for 1250. The TV externally looks great with no scratches on screen or on the bezel.

I checked the WEBOS about TV option in the menu and it does not show the number of hours on. I think this is disabled in Demo or Store mode.

The colors and other things look fine.

Any other things I should check before I buy this Demo model.

The sales guy told me that the TV was on floor since 8 weeks so considering 12 X 8 x 7 = 672 hours constant on on VIVID mode. Is this bad.

Need suggestions fast since I have maybe a day to make up my mind.

Last edited by dinjal546; 03-10-2015 at 07:45 PM.
post #1367 of 1384 Unread 03-11-2015, 06:07 PM

any word on the 2015 LGs yet? BBY has the 65" UF8500 listed, but that's it. I'm really anxious to see the final retail pricing for the 55UF8200 and 55UF8500
post #1368 of 1384 Unread 03-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
any word on the 2015 LGs yet? BBY has the 65" UF8500 listed, but that's it. I'm really anxious to see the final retail pricing for the 55UF8200 and 55UF8500

LG Provides Pricing Info On New OLED and 4K Ultra HD TVs for 2015

http://hometheater.about.com/od/home...s-for-2015.htm

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

post #1369 of 1384 Unread 03-13-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
LG Provides Pricing Info On New OLED and 4K Ultra HD TVs for 2015

http://hometheater.about.com/od/home...s-for-2015.htm

interesting. this doesn't even cover all of the TVs they have on their website right now.
post #1370 of 1384 Unread 03-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
interesting. this doesn't even cover all of the TVs they have on their website right now.
Im not that interested in 2015 models so I did not fully read to see what's missing but there is an additional LG link in the article:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300041822.html

EG9600 – UHD OLED
65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) model 65EG9600: $8,999
UF9500 – Prime UHD TV
65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) model 65UF9500: $4,499
55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) model 55UF9500: $3,699
UF8500 Series – 3D UHD LED with Cinema Screen
65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) model 65UF8500: $3,199
60-inch class (59.5 inches diagonal) model, 60UF8500: $2,999
UF7700 Series – UHD LED
70-inch class (69.5 inches diagonal) model 70UF7700: $3,999
65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) model 65UF7700: $2,999
60-inch class (59.5 inches diagonal) model 60UF7700: $2,499
UF7600 Series – UHD LED
55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) model 55UF7600: $1,999
49-inch class (48.5 inches diagonal) model 49UF7600: $1,699
43-inch class (43 inches diagonal) model 43UF7600: $1,399
EC9300 Series – Full HD OLED
55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) model 55EC9300: $3,499.

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

post #1371 of 1384 Unread 03-14-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
Im not that interested in 2015 models so I did not fully read to see what's missing but there is an additional LG link in the article:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300041822.html

EG9600 – UHD OLED
65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) model 65EG9600: $8,999
UF9500 – Prime UHD TV
65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) model 65UF9500: $4,499
55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) model 55UF9500: $3,699
UF8500 Series – 3D UHD LED with Cinema Screen
65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) model 65UF8500: $3,199
60-inch class (59.5 inches diagonal) model, 60UF8500: $2,999
UF7700 Series – UHD LED
70-inch class (69.5 inches diagonal) model 70UF7700: $3,999
65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) model 65UF7700: $2,999
60-inch class (59.5 inches diagonal) model 60UF7700: $2,499
UF7600 Series – UHD LED
55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) model 55UF7600: $1,999
49-inch class (48.5 inches diagonal) model 49UF7600: $1,699
43-inch class (43 inches diagonal) model 43UF7600: $1,399
EC9300 Series – Full HD OLED
55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) model 55EC9300: $3,499.
off the top of my head the 49UF6700 and 55UF6700 are missing, which logically should come in even less expensive than the 7600 series.
post #1372 of 1384 Unread 03-15-2015, 09:11 PM

Need help. I bought a LG 70LB7100 floor model and have 30 days to return it. It has complete 1 year warranty and will be buying Costco 5 year Squaretrade.

The salesman told me that the model had been few weeks on floor so it is practically new.

What are the things to check in the first 30 days other than scratches on screen, bezel, backlight bleed, dirty screen effect, banding,

Any way to check from the Service Menu the number of hours it has been up.

Since usually at the store the floor model is on Vivid mode (100 % backlight and contrast), any way to check if these have caused problems.

Thanks,
post #1373 of 1384 Unread 03-15-2015, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinjal546 View Post
Need help. I bought a LG 70LB7100 floor model and have 30 days to return it. It has complete 1 year warranty and will be buying Costco 5 year Squaretrade.

The salesman told me that the model had been few weeks on floor so it is practically new.

What are the things to check in the first 30 days other than scratches on screen, bezel, backlight bleed, dirty screen effect, banding,

Any way to check from the Service Menu the number of hours it has been up.

Since usually at the store the floor model is on Vivid mode (100 % backlight and contrast), any way to check if these have caused problems.

Thanks,
I think you are worrying too much. I'd just fiddle around with the settings, play a lot of movies, games, and if you are happy then you are happy. I paid $2399 for mine. I had no choice my Sony went bad and I was given 30 days to use the $2100 credit so I couldn't wait for the price to go down. I wouldn't worry about whether it was a store demo. My previous TV was a store demo Samsung and it was an incredible deal just like yours.

I would read back on this thread for settings. I use game mode becuase I game and it lowers input lag. And I like my contrast up high and brightness at the mid point. That's a good starting point.

EDITED TO SAY: I'm not sure if there is a way to check hours used. But these LEDs last 10s of thousands of hours. You are going to get many years of usage out of that TV, and you got an incredible deal do. So unless there is some major issue like lighting problems or defects, I wouldn't think of returning it you got a great deal. It's a large screen passive 3D TV! (not that you'd use it, but I love mine I use the 3D on it all the time with my 3D blurays!). I'd recommend picking up Avatar 3D on bluray or something just so you can get full use out of your TV.

Main room (3D bluray, PS4, WiiU) LG 70LB7100: Denon x4000, Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II x2, RS-41II x2, SVS PC-12NSD + Klipsch RW12d
Downstairs (PS3, Xbox 360) Panny L55ET5: Demon 1712, Polk CS10, R300 x2, t15 x2, PSW10

Last edited by Teremei; 03-16-2015 at 11:23 AM.
post #1374 of 1384 Unread 03-16-2015, 08:27 AM

after about 3 weeks of owning my LG 55UB8200 I'm done with it. The picture is great, but I think there's something wrong with the backlight. The right half of the screen if very uneven when the screen is black but lit. It has 3 distinct "bands" of light like this ))) that start at exactly the middle of the screen.

I wanted to exchange it for another LG, but I'm having a hard time finding one. The 55" Vizio is on sale for $999 at BBY right now, where I got my LG, so I'm going to just exchange it for the Vizio.

Really disappointed.
post #1375 of 1384 Unread 03-17-2015, 04:44 AM

Liked: 0
Hey guys I just got the LB6300 (65"). Overall I'm quite happy with it but I notice some issues with the color/brightness near the edges of the screen (only noticeable when the picture is mostly a bright color). I've attached a crude picture of what I mean. Has anyone seen anything similar? Is this an issue I should care about and consider exchanging my unit for another one?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	newtv.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	607537  
post #1376 of 1384 Unread 03-18-2015, 06:03 PM

I'm starting to notice some out-of-place brightness in the lower right hand corner when that area is darker than the rest of the screen. This seems especially distracting actually (more so than my previous post). Does anyone else have this issue?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	newtv2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	611641  
post #1377 of 1384 Unread 03-18-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
after about 3 weeks of owning my LG 55UB8200 I'm done with it. The picture is great, but I think there's something wrong with the backlight. The right half of the screen if very uneven when the screen is black but lit. It has 3 distinct "bands" of light like this ))) that start at exactly the middle of the screen.

I wanted to exchange it for another LG, but I'm having a hard time finding one. The 55" Vizio is on sale for $999 at BBY right now, where I got my LG, so I'm going to just exchange it for the Vizio.

Really disappointed.

well, I'm still an LG owner. Not a single best buy in Dallas had a 55" Vizio P-Series in stock or in the warehouse. So they replaced my 55UB8200 straight up with another identical tv.

Well.....I got this one hooked up and HOLY CRAP THE BACKLIGHT IS EVEN WORSE!!!

I was pulling out my hair.

So I called BBY again, and this time the salesperson suggested I call a different store that had a proper Magnolia store-in-store as they have different stock. So I did. That BBY Magnolia listens to my problem, and tells me they have a single 55UB9500 left in stock and that it's marked down to $1499, and he'll kick off 15% bringing it down to $1275. Bingo bango, hold that baby.

Now I'm home, 9500 on the wall, and wowzers. No backlight issues at all, and it looks GREAT. I don't know what differences there are other than the 3D, but at a minimum the black levels and contrast on this tv are significantly better than the previous two 8200 with crap backlights.
post #1378 of 1384 Unread 03-25-2015, 09:33 PM

Hey guys

Is there any chance to use the same picture mode on different inputs/apps?

I go into the picture wizard in Live TV mode and calibrate it. It gets saved on Expert1. But when I switch to let's say Smart Share, Expert1 has totally different values there! And I can't even calibrate in Smart Share, because picture wizard option is unavailable along with several others. Different inputs/apps have several greyed out options that I can't access. It's driving me crazy. Is there something I'm missing here?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. (Tv is UB8500/UB850v)
post #1379 of 1384 Unread 04-03-2015, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Does anybody have some good white balance settings for a 32LB5610 ?
post #1380 of 1384 Unread 04-13-2015, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
is there an official 70lb7100 thread ?

just picked one up today and have questions
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread