UAE versions of Samsung F8000 series TVs (UAXXF8000 series) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 03-15-2014, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi Everybody !

I was surfing through the forums and I found that all the posts for Samsung F8000 series TVs are related to the UN series (I guess USA version) and there is no single post regarding the UAE version (like UA55F8000 ). Just for everybody's interests, the UAE version is entirely different than the USA version and it's mostly useless to search or surf for answers regarding the UAE version.

If you are wondering like what is the difference then:

1. The firmware version in UAE is 1113.1 whereas I have read somewhere for UN version it is 1119...

2.  The "ON TV' tab is not available in smart hub.

3. Netflix/Hulu/etc. is not available

4. PVR function is not available (or maybe I don't know how to do)

So started this thread in hope that if someone else is having the same or similar model then it would be useful to know what they are experiencing.

Just to let you know I am an Engineer, though not very expert in audio/video systems, but mostly I can manage my own network and other setups myself. I have recently purchased a UA55F8000 Samsung TV, which is awesome by all standards, but I am not able to get through many stated features. So I want to make sure that I am not missing anything here (It's quite possible that these features are not available here like the iPhone FaceTime doesn't work here).

Hope to see some conversation happening soon.

Cheers !!

Subhash Kamboj

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-24-2014, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter

Even after waiting for one week, I see no other response on the thread.
Looks like there is very little presence here from UAE. However yesterday I spotted a new firmware version of the TV (Version 1114) and I upgraded to it. But I could not find any difference in the picture or sound quality or smart functionalities of TV. Does anybody have any idea?
post #3 of 12 Old 03-24-2014, 10:02 AM

hi, have upgraded to 1114 but no change noted.....got mine (UA55F8000ARXZN) with one remote....no uniformity issues, no clouding, no flashlighting...etc awesome tv
post #4 of 12 Old 04-05-2014, 07:18 AM

Hi

I too have a UA55F8000. I live in South Africa.

I need some help though. Its with regards to a sound problem.

Setup = PC with PS3 Media server - wired LAN - TV. From the TV to Denon X2000 AVR 5.1 via ARC or Optical.

When playing movies with DTS soundtracks using the built in Movie player on TV there are periods of "decreased" sound volume. These periods last for less than a sound and they occur randomly.

Anyone know what may be causing this or how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

post #5 of 12 Old 04-06-2014, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles007 View Post

Hi

I too have a UA55F8000. I live in South Africa.
I need some help though. Its with regards to a sound problem.
Setup = PC with PS3 Media server - wired LAN - TV. From the TV to Denon X2000 AVR 5.1 via ARC or Optical.
When playing movies with DTS soundtracks using the built in Movie player on TV there are periods of "decreased" sound volume. These periods last for less than a sound and they occur randomly.
Anyone know what may be causing this or how to resolve this issue?

Thanks
in the digital output settings on the tv audio settings try PCM or DTS neo 2;5 see which one is better....personally I prefer DTS
post #6 of 12 Old 04-06-2014, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ! This happens with me also and tried all combinations and finally left it as it is. Initially I thought this was because of the automatic volume control or surround sound, but disabling these doesn't offer a respite.
One other issue with sound is tv sound doesn't sync with the home theatre sound. So you have to either turn down the tv sound to zero or just disable tv sound.
But I had done all that when I had purchased the set around two months back. I have not tried it after the firmware update.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-06-2014, 04:24 PM

aizen79: I've tried choosing the PCM digital output setting on the TV but the AVR does not automatically display DTS. What I can do though is to manually choose DTS NEO:6 on the AVR when the source movie from the PC has a DTS sountrack and the TV is set to PCM. Your option of DTS Neo 2:5 is only available on the TV when the source movie has a stereo soundtrack.

Saiby: to get the TV sound to sync with the AVR (home theatre) there are 2 requirements (i) using HDMI ARC or optical out from TV and (ii) you need to choose External or AVR as your speaker setting on the TV.

post #8 of 12 Old 04-09-2014, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

myles007: Sorry if I was not that clear in my earlier post. When I said about the sound sync problem what I meant was that the sound is coming in both the TV and the AVR but there is delay in the AVR sound. So if both the sound (from TV as well as AVR) are on then we get a confusing, echoeing sound. So when we have that situation I have to turn the TV volume down to zero. I know that in tools we can select sound output to external and TV will be mute automatically, but I personally prefer the volume down option since volume keys are available on the remote itself and for selecting the external sound one need to go into the tools menus and further selections. So volume down option comes handy.

I also experimented by chosing the delay in the external output (in sound menu). Sometimes it works at "80" setting which I am guessing a delay of 80msec, but other times the same setting doesn't work. So now I use either my TV or the AVR for sound output, not both.

FYI I have a Sony hometheatre system connected to the TV by optical (I don't remember what is the protocol selected).

Somewhere I have seen on internet that you can go into service menu of tv and can adjust this delay permanently, but I am not chosing that right now since my TV is very new and I don't want to void the warranty, just in case if I do something silly.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Thanks... your msg indicates that we have 2 different problems. What option do you choose to get the audio from both the TV and AVR when using the inbuilt Video application (or Plex for that maater). I did some further testing. When playing DTS movies via Plex there are no "drops in sound volume".

post #10 of 12 Old 04-17-2014, 10:31 AM

u can have all features of us f8000 in Ua f8000 except frimware i ll tell u the process 1st i was also very confused and was fedup with my tv and was thinking that UA and Us model has lot of difference by simply chaning ur smarthub store u can get all features of us tv in ua tv but all applications of us may not work if ur not in us the cuz if ur in different country ur isp would have blocked the application of us or application only works for US but u can fix it by using proxy on ur router and change ur ip to US speically while using netflix u can change ur smarthub store . 

click Menu smarhub feature rest smarthub after resting u open smarhub again and at the point where u get ur 1st samsung terms and condition option u simply press

MUTE , BACK , CHANNEL UP . CHANNEL DOWN . MUTE             and then in next 2 or 3 sec u get list of country to select  seclect US and u get all options of US

post #11 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali samad View Post

u can have all features of us f8000 in Ua f8000 except frimware i ll tell u the process 1st i was also very confused and was fedup with my tv and was thinking that UA and Us model has lot of difference by simply chaning ur smarthub store u can get all features of us tv in ua tv but all applications of us may not work if ur not in us the cuz if ur in different country ur isp would have blocked the application of us or application only works for US but u can fix it by using proxy on ur router and change ur ip to US speically while using netflix u can change ur smarthub store . 

click Menu smarhub feature rest smarthub after resting u open smarhub again and at the point where u get ur 1st samsung terms and condition option u simply press

MUTE , BACK , CHANNEL UP . CHANNEL DOWN . MUTE             and then in next 2 or 3 sec u get list of country to select  seclect US and u get all options of US

What applications are available in the US version that are not available in the UA version? Does changing it from UA to US version fix the DTS droupout bug?

post #12 of 12 Old 04-29-2014, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter

I also tried to change that to US version by exactly the same steps as mentioned by Ali but I did not like that much. When you change to US version it becomes exactly what the US version would look like. You get region specific apps like Netflix, etc. I don't remember the other apps. Also screen tab 'Movies and Tv shows' changes to 'On the TV' which gives you suggestion of other programs going on the TV at that time. But for it to work, you have to first define your location in US and then your service provider. I tried to give a dummy PIN code and selected a provider then it started giving me the suggestions, which off course were not relevant to me. I think it is very good if you are in US or if you have somehow access to the same TV feeds as available in US, like same satellite service.

Much of other apps remains the same like youtube. I did not check but it may give different videos. Also you would loose UAE specific apps like icflix.

I did that to check if I'd be able to get suggestion for dishtv (Indian provider). So I first tried making it a Indian version and then also tried briefly the US version. Did not help me much so turned it back to the UAE version.

Also not sure about your DTS dropout, but it may be related with the auto volume control. Try disabling the auto volume level control and see the difference.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page