Missing HBO GO on 2014 Samsung Smart TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 03-16-2014, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I just bought the 2014 UN55H6350 yesterday.  To make a long story short, HBO GO is not in the "app store". After some remote assistance and Samsung initially thinking it was some sort of software issue,  turns out the 2014 TVs at this time will not support HBO GO.  Although its likely they will roll out the app in the near future.    Anyone have further info on this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-28-2014, 08:34 PM

Liked: 11
I just bought the same tv and noticed the same thing. Also, there is no Samsung App Store icon like on my 2013 model, there is just 3 links at the bottom of the smart hub screen for 'Most Popular', 'What's New', and 'Categories'. No way to search the App Store either...this totally sucks. I love the app store on my 2013 model, and hbogo works great. This lemon may have to go back to Best Buy if I can't find an answer soon.
xena777xena likes this.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-08-2014, 04:45 PM

Liked: 11

Just discovered the same thing. Just bought same TV last week and thought the App listings was a bit weak compared to my 2012 model. Went to look for HBOGO app today and discovered it wasnt there. I assumed I was missing something since being a 2014 model it should have everything. I did a live chat on Samsung.com and the rep said the same thing. There are some apps that are not available yet on the 2014 models but soon will. Not sure why you would roll out a new line of TV's and not have the apps all lined up. I guess I will wait around but disappointed...

xena777xena likes this.
post #4 of 9 Old 04-14-2014, 10:33 AM

I got 'dinged' because I bought the latest and greatest.. then got home and couldn't find the HBO Go app even thought I had just seen it at best buy. After digging around I had a chat session with samsung and found out because my TV was a new 2014 model... HBO GO app wasn't yet released for it. And there is no idea WHEN or IF it will be.

Been trying to find a way to ask the developers ( HUGE apparently is the team ) but I haven't found anyway to do so.

Anyone else have any more information?

Troy
post #5 of 9 Old 04-20-2014, 08:04 AM

I bought the UN40H6350 model at Best Buy on Friday. Installed it yesterday and couldn't find HBO Go app. I have a 50" Samsung Smart tv that I bought over Christmas and I liked it so much that I upgraded my 40" to the same model but the 2014 version. And yeah, no HBO Go. Bummer.

Any word *when* Samsung will be rolling this app out? How new are these 2014 tvs?
post #6 of 9 Old 04-20-2014, 08:07 AM

Ok, first post is from March 16 so at least these tvs have been around for a month now and still no app.

I actually prefer the newer version except for this. I have a network drive that I store home movies, pictures, ... and it recognizes it as a "source" which means I can switch to it faster than before.

But HBO Go is a big deal. In fact it is driving whether or not I sell my Roku3 on craigslist. Without HBO Go, I'm keeping it reluctantly.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-23-2014, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

APP IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Must have went live today.  

post #8 of 9 Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 PM

Yep, it's live. Just installed it on my 2014 Samsung.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-05-2014, 09:20 AM

I purchased  the  60"  Samsung  Smart  TV ( Samsung LED H7150.) last night.  The  customer  service  at  Samsung said  HBOGO will  be  available  in  3 weeks.  There  will  be an  automatic update.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page