Samsung UN75F7100 Rebooting Loop (VIDEO) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 5 Old 03-16-2014, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought a Samsung UN75F7100 in December to replace a 55" 8000 from a few years ago. I never had any issues with that TV. Great TV. The issue I am having now is the following:

1. 2 weeks ago it rebooted on its own, seemed to be twice in a row. I thought hmm maybe a power surge, or a firmware reboot that was auto for some reason. Didn't think much about it.

2. A week ago the TV went into a reboot cycle again, this time it was consistent. I tried unplugging the TV and the receiver. It came back online after a couple minutes.

3. This morning the TV went into a reboot loop again, this time permanently. Rebooted the receiver, maybe it's a signal flopping, that wasn't it. TV kept the reboot cycle when disconnected from the receiver. Unplugged the TV and waited for 20 minutes then plugged it in again. I don't even hit the power on button. It goes straight into a reboot loop again.

4. Plugged the HDMI out from the receiver to my monitor and the TV signal is fine. Nothing like watching TV on a 27".

When I unplug the TV it still reboots about 5 times before, I guess the capacitors, are drained and stops. When I plug it in It's simply a red light that flashes twice, hear a click, logo flash then repeat, over and over and over again now.

Got a service ticket open and will likely get it repaired I guess. Sucks that a 4k TV is busted 4 months after you buy it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-16-2014, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

post #3 of 5 Old 03-16-2014, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

So I plugged the TV in and just let it roll through the cycle for about an hour while holding down buttons on the smart remote. It finally came on. I went straight to disable auto firmware update and then checked the version.

It's 1121 and they just released a 1120 on the 9th, 1 week ago, which fixed, most notably the first problem:

Release Date Mar 9, 2014
Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.1120.0)
This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F5500/F6300/F6350/F6400/F6800/F7050/F7100/F7150, PDP F5500
The version is 1120.0
This firmware update will improve the following:

- Solves Auto Off-On Issue

- Solves the issue Smart Control does not work.

- Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.

- Improves Picture Quality.

- Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.

- Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.

All OS Mar 9, 2014 MULTI LANGUAGE 626.97

Odd that there's already a 1121 version? Oh well TV is back, for now.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-17-2014, 10:21 AM

I posted my rebooting issue in the 6300 forum and found your post.  My 6300 65" was doing a rebooting loop.  I've returned the TV.  It was a crappy issue to have.

post #5 of 5 Unread Today, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Just an update to this in case someone crosses paths with this thread. I had to get Samsung tech over to replace essentially everything except the panel. He says it's common and has to do with a short in the MB. He replaced the PSU, board and a cable I believe. 3 parts. This was over a year ago now I think and it's never happened since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page