Originally Posted by Vegas oled
I spent some time with a 950B this evening and while it is the best LED I have ever watched I decided the additional money I would need to spend would not be in my budget. I have decided to stay with OLED as for now it offers the best picture available.
I look forward to the 4K 77" OLED being available on a working stiffs budget. The 65900B is a great set, I just want my jump in technology to be to OLED instead of 4K until I can afford both. My original goal was OLED and I was side stepped my the fact 4K really is incredible.
I recommend anyone on the fence on the 950B wait until the 65 OLED 4K comes out, it should be around $9,000 and already shows up on Fry's internal system, it should be available in 90 days or less.
I hope some of my experimenting helped some members on the 900 forum, what I liked most about owning a 900B is sharing on this forum with such loyal Sony owners. I am looking forward to seeing what Ken finally ends up with, he is a true asset to this forum and all of the others he contributes too. Yes Carlos, I made this decision one step faster so I didn't have to hear it. I thought about what your prediction was and decided not to go through the motions of the 950B and still ending at OLED.
4K is awesome it is the future and I cannot wait until it is displayed on a 4K OLED panel.
Thanks Vegas. So it's done, the slate is clean and what you have left in the house is the 55" LG. I can't say I'm shocked.
I still haven't seen any of the B models in anything other than the bright lights of BB...not even Magnolia.
I really don't know what I'll wind up with and I'm hoping the VE shootout will help with that decision. With that said, I do have reservations about OLED, despite the perfect black levels. I was really expecting/hoping my next display would be free of IR, burn-in, or ABL concerns and if I go OLED, it won't. I probably can deal better with the motion issues.
The only thing that surprises me with your decision is the size issue. I thought you might be happy enough with the black levels of the 65" 900B to accept that tradeoff for a very significant increase of 10". Aside from the issue of "HD only", I never really considered the 55" based on size alone. But I guess if you can work with that size, it should be fine until prices drop on large screen OLEDs, if that's the only tech you'll consider.
I'm sure in the end it will work out for you and I'd be lying if I told you I didn't enjoy the "Vegas Soap Opera". I think it got very high Nielsen ratings.