"Official" 2014 Sony XBR-55X900B / XBR-65X900B / XBR-79X900B Thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 535Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1261 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
HDTVAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WI
Posts: 1,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonuk07 View Post
 

 

No way Sony can make the type of sub you want for that price.  I have the Sonos sub.  You can head into BB and listen to it yourself, but I think it's more along the lines of what you're looking for.  Check out it's reviews here:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonos-sub-wireless-subwoofer/5577119.p?id=1218665494942&skuId=5577119.  It doesn't get a 4.8/5 on 206 reviews for being a bad sub.

 

But doesn't the $700 Sonos sub have to work in tandem with the $700 Sonos soundbar...?

HDTVAV is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1262 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Member
 
Dat Nguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonuk07 View Post
 

 

No way Sony can make the type of sub you want for that price.  I have the Sonos sub.  You can head into BB and listen to it yourself, but I think it's more along the lines of what you're looking for.  Check out it's reviews here:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonos-sub-wireless-subwoofer/5577119.p?id=1218665494942&skuId=5577119.  It doesn't get a 4.8/5 on 206 reviews for being a bad sub.

I saw it BB too but the price was little too much, plus I want the sub to go with my set of TV. I heard a lot of good thing about Sonos, but don't you have to buy some wireless bridge too that about another $100. I saw some videos that Sonos can also change color of light too. Sonos will be my next set on my wish list. Thank you Brandon

Dat Nguyen is offline  
post #1263 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
havok2022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'll see if I can go in at some point this weekend and grab a picture of the two. Maybe I'm crazy or just wrong too. smile.gif

havok2022 is offline  
post #1264 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
digimat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok2022 View Post

I was in a St. Louis BB the other day and they had them. They actually had the 900A and 900B right next to each other. I was floored at how much better the 900B looked. I figured it must be settings. I went through all the settings and verified they all matched across both units. Bottom line was that the 900B was quite a bit brighter and had richer colors. What is unknown to me is if the LED back-lighting had dimmed over time on their display 900A. I still have a hard time justifying the current price difference, but from what I saw in person between the two and the fact that HEVC/H2.65 decoders are built into the new set I would feel like I am purchasing something obsolete if I picked up the 900A.

I've seen many stores where the picture on 900A looks degraded... even an employee and futureshop said the same. He thought it was either the media box or the TV itself.
digimat is offline  
post #1265 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
Carlos_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

I've seen many stores where the picture on 900A looks degraded... even an employee and futureshop said the same. He thought it was either the media box or the TV itself.

Could be customers mucking with the picture settings?
Carlos_E is offline  
post #1266 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Ahzari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post

You can get the 65" X900B for $4200 delivered from a sponsor of this forum - so it makes it a $1,000 difference...

And the $1,000 difference is worth it - considering the B is an upgrade over the A on every level.

Plus, in a few months - the B will be cheaper - so the difference in price for what you get will be negligible...

Is the sponsor a authorized seller for Sony? I went on Sony's web list of authorized sellers and did not see them listed also i didn't see a official "sony authorized seller" badge on the sponsors website (which the sony site says to look for). Wont that defeat any warranty claims?

Audio: Yamaha A-S1000 Stereo Amplifier // Kef LS50 Speakers // Energy EW8 Subwoofer
Video: Samsung 65in HU9000 UHD TV // Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray player // Apple TV (3G)
Power: Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner
Headphones: Bose AE2W // Klipsch Image x10
Ahzari is offline  
post #1267 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
digimat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post

Could be customers mucking with the picture settings?

Possibly but I've seen the same thing in more than one store. Could be a possible reason for switching backlight tech with regard to the triluminous.
digimat is offline  
post #1268 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Member
 
ultrahidef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post

Is the sponsor a authorized seller for Sony? I went on Sony's web list of authorized sellers and did not see them listed also i didn't see a official "sony authorized seller" badge on the sponsors website (which the sony site says to look for). Wont that defeat any warranty claims?

Your warranty does not get void if you purchase from vendor that isn't authorized directly by Sony or any other electronics manufacturer. Being directly authorized by a manufacturer is mostly vapor ware.

Some dealers are authorized through the wholesaler which in turn is authorized by manufacturer. In Sony's case direct authorization means the dealer must have product in display and in stock, promote the product and have minimum advertise price which is why authorized dealers sell at full retail. When the wholesaler is the authorized one they take care of the requirements for the small vendor but a small vendor does not have to carry stock or abide to minimum advertised prices. Call it a hybrid if you will where you get full warranty but without the full retail price.

In most cases small vendors or custom installers know more about the product than authorized big box retailers and other times these smaller vendors know they don't need to get to technical about the product with customers.
IraG likes this.
ultrahidef is offline  
post #1269 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 09:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 11,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrahidef View Post

Your warranty does not get void if you purchase from vendor that isn't authorized directly by Sony or any other electronics manufacturer. Being directly authorized by a manufacturer is mostly vapor ware.

Some dealers are authorized through the wholesaler which in turn is authorized by manufacturer. In Sony's case direct authorization means the dealer must have product in display and in stock, promote the product and have minimum advertise price which is why authorized dealers sell at full retail. When the wholesaler is the authorized one they take care of the requirements for the small vendor but a small vendor does not have to carry stock or abide to minimum advertised prices. Call it a hybrid if you will where you get full warranty but without the full retail price.

In most cases small vendors or custom installers know more about the product than authorized big box retailers and other times these smaller vendors know they don't need to get to technical about the product with customers.
Ding Ding Ding !! Exactly . There are so many dealers that are authorized like this and not on the manufactures website it will make your head spin !
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #1270 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Ahzari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Ding Ding Ding !! Exactly . There are so many dealers that are authorized like this and not on the manufactures website it will make your head spin !

Well not being a industry insider I would have had no way of knowing that.. Sony doesn't really clarify that when they note their dealers - they should. Nice to learn something new though.

Audio: Yamaha A-S1000 Stereo Amplifier // Kef LS50 Speakers // Energy EW8 Subwoofer
Video: Samsung 65in HU9000 UHD TV // Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray player // Apple TV (3G)
Power: Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner
Headphones: Bose AE2W // Klipsch Image x10
Ahzari is offline  
post #1271 of 4291 Old 05-23-2014, 09:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 11,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #1272 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
schlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat Nguyen View Post

Just walk into BB in Oregon, no Sony 900B display yet, little disappointed even though I already got one but would love to compare it with Samsung.

BTW, just got my wireless sub woofer White from Sony in UK, little disappointed, not too impress with the sound, it is little low, even after I change it to highest, but still not loud enough, look good, but sound not too good, just wasted $400, I should of save money to buy Boss. BTW if you do buy one, you also has to buy adapter for your power plug, because UK use a different power plug than US. 

Hi Dat,

I haven't looked into the sony sub, as I don't need it, so I apologize if these questions/suggestions are redundant. Is the sub supposed to work in conjunction with the on board tv speaker arrays? If so, does changing the tv equalizer in the 100 Hz band have any effect? What sort of controls are available on the sub itself? I'm guessing at a minimum, level and crossover freq, possibly a phase switch? I'd start with level at roughly 1/2-2/3 of max, crossover at 120 Hz if the range goes up that high. If it has a phasing switch, you'll have to test which position sounds better, as 0 degrees/in phase can possibly cancel out some of the bass coming from the main speakers in the tv. One of the two phase switch positions typically provides "stronger" bass, but sometimes there's no discernible difference regardless of the switch position. Hope some of this helps.
Dat Nguyen likes this.
schlick is offline  
post #1273 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 06:45 AM
Senior Member
 
havok2022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Possibly but I've seen the same thing in more than one store. Could be a possible reason for switching backlight tech with regard to the triluminous.

I'll try and take another look this weekend, but I checked the picture settings, backlight settings, and went through all items and they were set the same. I will say that one was a 55 and the other a 65 but really that shouldnt matter.

havok2022 is offline  
post #1274 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Member
 
Dat Nguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlick View Post


Hi Dat,

I haven't looked into the sony sub, as I don't need it, so I apologize if these questions/suggestions are redundant. Is the sub supposed to work in conjunction with the on board tv speaker arrays? If so, does changing the tv equalizer in the 100 Hz band have any effect? What sort of controls are available on the sub itself? I'm guessing at a minimum, level and crossover freq, possibly a phase switch? I'd start with level at roughly 1/2-2/3 of max, crossover at 120 Hz if the range goes up that high. If it has a phasing switch, you'll have to test which position sounds better, as 0 degrees/in phase can possibly cancel out some of the bass coming from the main speakers in the tv. One of the two phase switch positions typically provides "stronger" bass, but sometimes there's no discernible difference regardless of the switch position. Hope some of this helps.

Thank you schlick, for your suggestion, I will try it at home tonight. the sub only has On and Off button, so all the control it came from the TV.

Dat Nguyen is offline  
post #1275 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 08:40 AM
Senior Member
 
havok2022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok2022 View Post

I was in a St. Louis BB the other day and they had them. They actually had the 900A and 900B right next to each other. I was floored at how much better the 900B looked. I figured it must be settings. I went through all the settings and verified they all matched across both units. Bottom line was that the 900B was quite a bit brighter and had richer colors. What is unknown to me is if the LED back-lighting had dimmed over time on their display 900A. I still have a hard time justifying the current price difference, but from what I saw in person between the two and the fact that HEVC/H2.65 decoders are built into the new set I would feel like I am purchasing something obsolete if I picked up the 900A.

I wanted to post a correction. I went and took another look and in fact the bottom TV was the 850A and not the 900A as I had been thinking. I snapped some photos with my iPhone. You can clearly see the difference though don't trust the color on my camera. Reds especially were coming out brighter and orangish on the camera. In reality they were deep and rich red color. [IMG][IMG]

havok2022 is offline  
post #1276 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
HDTVAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WI
Posts: 1,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok2022 View Post


I wanted to post a correction. I went and took another look and in fact the bottom TV was the 850A and not the 900A as I had been thinking. I snapped some photos with my iPhone. You can clearly see the difference though don't trust the color on my camera. Reds especially were coming out brighter and orangish on the camera. In reality they were deep and rich red color. [IMG][IMG]

 

Well, the 850A would be comparable to the 900A...

 

And the difference is striking...  :eek:

HDTVAV is offline  
post #1277 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Member
 
hwitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by timc1475 View Post

For years many of us set it and forget it then when it comes finally time to upgrade it's like hmmmmm, this wire went here and that wire went there... wink.gif

Gee, I thought I was the only one with an electronic rats nest collected over the years smile.gif
My "corner" has transitioned over the last 20 years from big dish satellite to small dish before it was officially available in Canada to cable with PVR to current Shaw Gateway, which is basically an Arris box, using 6 receivers scattered about. Love the 6 PVR's that are built in.

The attached shows my TV corner as it is today, after a couple of cleanup sessions already done. I had also collected a couple of Apple TVs in my mess that are already removed.
Almost ready for the 900B arrival.

Move of Plasma went well. You'll probably get a chuckle out of my "removal" assistant, but it worked great. Made it easy to lift the old/heavy one off.
I was lucky, Grandson was visiting so he was conscripted to help. Actually it's my wife that lucked out in not having to help smile.gif




The Bedroom Shuffle.

timc1475 likes this.
hwitten is offline  
post #1278 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Member
 
daystar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok2022 View Post


*** Edited with correction ***

I was in a St. Louis BB the other day and they had them. They actually had the 850A and 900B right next to each other. I was floored at how much better the 900B looked. I figured it must be settings. I went through all the settings and verified they all matched across both units. Bottom line was that the 900B was quite a bit brighter and had richer colors.

I am so very stoked to hear this.

My 65x850A has a screen flaw (20" dark vertical line near the center) and Sony is replacing it with a 900B. Was happy with the 850A picture (other than the line), but now can't wait for the 900B.

daystar5 is offline  
post #1279 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,267
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

I've seen many stores where the picture on 900A looks degraded... even an employee and futureshop said the same. He thought it was either the media box or the TV itself.

I have been reading reviews on the A and they have all been outstanding, LED's do not degrade in one year. More than likely the settings are messed up.
Vegas oled is online now  
post #1280 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
HDTVAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WI
Posts: 1,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post


I have been reading reviews on the A and they have all been outstanding, LED's do not degrade in one year. More than likely the settings are messed up.

 

No one is saying that the A is not a good TV...

 

What the original, original (lol) poster stated was that after seeing the 900A (850A) next to the 900B - he was "floored at how much better the 900B looked".

 

Because the "900B was quite a bit brighter and had richer colors."

 

As all of the professional reviews so far have found...

HDTVAV is offline  
post #1281 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Senior Member
 
arenaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eng-er-land
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
This A and B thing is as tedious and the Pioneer v Panasonic fanboi nonsense. I've got a B, I don't want to hear about the A on here.rolleyes.gif

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
arenaman is offline  
post #1282 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
HDTVAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WI
Posts: 1,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenaman View Post

This A and B thing is as tedious and the Pioneer v Panasonic fanboi nonsense. I've got a B, I don't want to hear about the A on here.rolleyes.gif

 

LOL, well, sorry Your Highness... :p

 

Whether you like it or not, people compare TVs before buying them...

 

Whether it be Sony vs. Samsung - or Sony vs. Sony...

 

So, you will undoubtedly hear more about other TVs also...

timc1475 likes this.
HDTVAV is offline  
post #1283 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Carlos_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenaman View Post

This A and B thing is as tedious and the Pioneer v Panasonic fanboi nonsense. I've got a B, I don't want to hear about the A on here.rolleyes.gif

Considering I have both, I think the 850a and 900b are great TVs. They both have a distinct look to them. I prefer watching cable TV on the 850a. Blu-rays, downloaded movies and streams on the 900b.
HDTVAV likes this.
Carlos_E is offline  
post #1284 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
arenaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eng-er-land
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post

LOL, well, sorry Your Highness... tongue.gif

Whether you like it or not, people compare TVs before buying them...

Whether it be Sony vs. Samsung - or Sony vs. Sony...

So, you will undoubtedly hear more about other TVs also...

To a point I agree but I've seen too many threads go off track over petty arguments, not just this forum either

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
arenaman is offline  
post #1285 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,267
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post


As all of the professional reviews so far have found...
. You seem to make up a lot of facts . I have not read one review stating the A was better than the B. You pump the B set up a lot more than it deserves. Many experts feel the Samsungs beat the Sony, is this a fact or opinion ? Do you even own the Sony B set?
RiED27880 likes this.
Vegas oled is online now  
post #1286 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Member
 
johnnyp179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post

No one is saying that the A is not a good TV...

What the original, original (lol) poster stated was that after seeing the 900A (850A) next to the 900B - he was "floored at how much better the 900B looked".

Because the "900B was quite a bit brighter and had richer colors."

As all of the professional reviews so far have found...

The 65x900B has "X-tended Dynamic Range for up to 2x brightness". It is brighter than the A models. Sony made a big deal out this when they where promoting the TV. It is one of the reasons why I bought the TV.
Carlos_E and HDTVAV like this.
johnnyp179 is online now  
post #1287 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,267
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyp179 View Post

The 65x900B has "X-tended Dynamic Range for up to 2x brightness". It is brighter than the A models. Sony made a big deal out this when they where promoting the TV. It is one of the reasons why I bought the TV.
A lot if fluff and sales garbage . The contrast and black levels have measured no better than last years sets. If you believe everything you read the LG should be the best their 65 has full-array back lighting. The B has better streaming which is great but no professional reviewer has claimed it to be twice as good or bright as the A.
Vegas oled is online now  
post #1288 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Senior Member
 
havok2022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Professional reviewers calibrate all sets to an ideal level of brightness. I stated that I was floored by the sheer difference of the 850A and 900B that were right next to one another and were on the same exact settings. I went through all the menus to verify, including the back-lighting menus and provided pictures. It should come as no surprise that there are improvements year to year from the same manufacturer. This was just a clear improvement like I hadn't seen so starkly in the past. The 900A is beautiful. Given the price that Best Buy has it for this weekend I've had to very much force myself NOT to impulse buy the thing (my wife also had a hand in that as I nearly did a bit earlier given they're down to their display model on the 55" and I could probably score it around $2200 or so.).

havok2022 is offline  
post #1289 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Member
 
johnnyp179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post

A lot if fluff and sales garbage . The contrast and black levels have measured no better than last years sets. If you believe everything you read the LG should be the best their 65 has full-array back lighting. The B has better streaming which is great but no professional reviewer has claimed it to be twice as good or bright as the A.

Fluff and sales garbage? I bought two 65x900B, so it was stupid of me to pay $10,000 for two tvs? And since there's no much difference between the A models and the B models I should send both my Tvs back. Lol
Carlos_E and HDTVAV like this.
johnnyp179 is online now  
post #1290 of 4291 Old 05-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
Carlos_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyp179 View Post

Fluff and sales garbage? I bought two 65x900B, so it was stupid of me to pay $10,000 for two tvs? And since there's no much difference between the A models and the B models I should send both my Tvs back. Lol

Send them both back and get two 900As discounted. wink.gif
johnnyp179 likes this.
Carlos_E is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off