post #271 of 379 Old 07-25-2014, 05:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy1412 View Post
anyone having 'lag' issues with this?

ps 3, ai don't play much, but my old Sammy I had no issues, on this one, my first person shooter guy gets 'stuck' and back tracks a bit....?

nada on the 'lag' question....?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 379 Old 07-25-2014, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
nada on the 'lag' question....?
I've been playing my PS4 on the 65" set, haven't noticed any lag issues so far. I'm not even in game mode and it seems fine to me. Played quite a bit of Wolfenstein on it and haven't noticed anything other than the fact that it's pretty cool on a 65" screen.

Maybe I'm just too old and my reflexes aren't fast enough to be bothered by the lag
post #273 of 379 Old 07-25-2014, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
I've been playing my PS4 on the 65" set, haven't noticed any lag issues so far. I'm not even in game mode and it seems fine to me. Played quite a bit of Wolfenstein on it and haven't noticed anything other than the fact that it's pretty cool on a 65" screen.

Maybe I'm just too old and my reflexes aren't fast enough to be bothered by the lag
Same... i have been playing the Destiny beta on my 55" model (which I just got 2 days ago) and I haven't noticed any lag outside of "game mode". Haven't tried using game mode yet but it drastically changed the way the picture looked when I flipped it on for a few seconds when I was looking through the options. I'll need to mess with it when I have some free time.

Last edited by romanodog; 07-25-2014 at 06:27 AM.
post #274 of 379 Old 07-26-2014, 09:48 AM

Liked: 0
Would someone happen to be able to post their HDMI ADC Results for their TV along with the model? Thank you all in advance.

I just bought a UN48H6350 from Amazon. I did something completely stupid (when looking for why my TV was dimming) and accidentally did an HDMI calibration when trying to back out of the Service Menu and the colors on the TV have been horrible since.

To get to the ADC Results:
- turn off the TV,
- press Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power in that order.
- the TV will turn on with a service menu in the top left corner
- use the arrows and go down to ADC/WB > ADC Result
- Caution: the left arrow button seems to be equivalent to the select button. This is the button I pushed on mistake to do an HDMI calibration.

What are your ADC Results? I greatly appreciate it--it could save me $250 in getting a service call and a return of the TV (which I still might do if I can't get it right). Also just for my learning, if anyone knows what these values do or the best way to recalibrate, that would be very helpful--anything to avoid $250 service call and maybe even to help others in my situation. After 2 days of research and using a checkerboard image, I have had a successful HDMI Calibration but the image still isn't right (too much saturation, red, and/or contrast).

My current ADC Results:

1st_Y_GH = 128
1st_Y_GL = 128
1st_Cb_BH = 128
1st_Cb_BL = 128
1st_Cr_RH = 128
1st_Cr_RL = 128
2nd_R_L = 77
2nd_G_L = 77
2nd_B_L = 77
2nd_R_H = 94
2nd_G_H = 94
2nd_B_H = 94
post #275 of 379 Old 07-28-2014, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I've been impressed with my 65H6350 as well so far. Blacks are very black, and don't see much flashlighting or any other uniformity issues. Only area where it's a little dicey is on a dark grey screen, but that seems to be common on most TVs.

I'm still debating between keeping this set, or getting the new M-series 70" Vizio. I'd like a 70" set, but wonder if I'll get the same PQ (image processing, motion handling, etc) on the Vizio as the Sammy.

Decisions, decisions.....
I saw a 2014 M series set at Best Buy last week. It was the first Vizio that actually caught my eye and looked better then most of the sets surrounding it. I cannot remember the size or exact model but it I was impressed! Up to this point I never cared for the PQ of any Vizio set. Even though David K at CNET seems to give them good marks.
post #276 of 379 Old 07-31-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanodog View Post
Same... i have been playing the Destiny beta on my 55" model (which I just got 2 days ago) and I haven't noticed any lag outside of "game mode". Haven't tried using game mode yet but it drastically changed the way the picture looked when I flipped it on for a few seconds when I was looking through the options. I'll need to mess with it when I have some free time.
thanks for the response (both!)

any tips on what I might be doing wrong? the only thing I have changed is my tv..... PS-3 is wireless, but it was before with no issues.....
post #277 of 379 Old 08-01-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
thanks for the response (both!)

any tips on what I might be doing wrong? the only thing I have changed is my tv..... PS-3 is wireless, but it was before with no issues.....
Just went back and read your original post.
Quote:
my first person shooter guy gets 'stuck' and back tracks a bit....?
This doesn't sound like a TV issue. You're playing online right? Sounds like you're just experiencing some internet lag. We call this "rubberbanding" where your connection to the server is slow so when it syncs up you're not where you think you are. Did you change anything else?
This is a little off-topic though... I don't think it's a problem with your TV.
post #278 of 379 Old 08-01-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShovelKnight View Post
Hey, I'm going to be the owner of a 40H6350 within a week or so when the money's right. So far, it seems to be the perfect fit for what I want out of a new HDTV (my current tv is 7-8 years old). My only question, currently, while I wait to buy it next week is what does the "FXZA" suffix mean on these televisions? Someone on Reddit seems to have conflated the version number (like TS01, TH01, etc) with the suffix in the model name, but he's going on about these "frankenstein parts" to keep "brick and mortar stores' prices more competitive" -- it freaked me out for a second there. That seems to be the panel lottery that many speak of, which I'm not worried about since the 40H6350 uses only Samsung panels, and with information I gathered here and elsewhere, I'll gladly double check upon purchase.

....but am I missing something? I want to make sure. I only found two places that explained the FXZA suffix and all they said was it was for "manufacturing information"

EDIT: Oh man, I just realized - I had forgotten to double check the input lag (I don't know what PC means):
42ms (PC) for 40H6350 (120Hz)
28ms (PC) for 40H5500 (60Hz)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No I'm not sure what's going to affect my viewing pleasure more-- the input lag being too high on the H6350 or the refresh rate being lower on the 40H5500. I like how the H6350 has 1 more HDMI and 1 more USB port, though! Anyone have any advice?
since no one answered you, i'll chime in even though i am no expert as i am still waiting to free up some cash for a 48H6350.

the PC stands for PC Mode, which is the Samsung picture mode recommended by rtings.com for gaming (i assume that's where your numbers came from). if you read up on input lag on their site, they say that the difference between the 20's and the 40's is unnoticeable, and you don't have to worry about lag until it gets up into the 80+ range. so to me yours is an easy choice: 40H6350 all the way.
post #279 of 379 Old 08-01-2014, 12:00 PM

Liked: 11
Hey everyone. I'm contemplating swapping my Samsung Plasma F5500 to this model (50"). I love the Plasma's color and clarity, but the glare from when my window blinds are opened is just unbearable.

How will this LCD perform with the eco-sensor on? Will the glare be as pronounced?
post #280 of 379 Old 08-02-2014, 02:05 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Bought a UN55H6350 from Best Buy the other night after returning a Vizio M552i-B2, and I am much happier with this TV overall. With the right calibration settings, I'm very impressed with the blacks this TV is able to produce, even without the Local Dimming Zones (like on the Vizio M-Series).

Have yet to play a first-person shooter on the set to test input lag (even though I turned on Game Mode instantly anyways). I'm hopeful that input lag with Game Mode off will be at an acceptable level, but I'd be shocked if that's the case. Some motion smoothing would be nice, but even without Auto Motion Plus turned on the processing seems to be much better than on the Vizio M-Series.

In case anyone cares about my calibration settings, here they are below. The biggest thing that I've found to help my black levels in turning the HDMI Black Level option under Picture Options from "Normal" to "Low." Seems to help a TON.

Picture Settings:
Spoiler!

Hope that helps some people. I'm really satisfied with this TV. Especially for $949 at Fry's Electronics.
jasyn likes this.
post #281 of 379 Old 08-02-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al254 View Post
Would someone happen to be able to post their HDMI ADC Results for their TV along with the model? Thank you all in advance.
I have the 50H6350. Here are my settings. They're not factory, but I haven't messed with them much since I bought it.

1st_Y_GH = 128
1st_Y_GL = ...
1st_Cb_BH = ...
1st_Cb_BL = ...
1st_Cr_RH = ...
1st_Cr_RL = ...
2nd_R_L = 134
2nd_G_L = 134
2nd_B_L = 134
2nd_R_H = 68
2nd_G_H = 68
2nd_B_H = 68

I'm not sure why some of them don't have settings, but that's what I got. Hope it helps.
post #282 of 379 Old 08-03-2014, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had a 65inch Vizio M series recently, and it had really bad banding. Im returning and getting it exchanged for the un65h6350. For those who have this set, do you have a lot of banding. I really noticed during sports and thats the main thing i'll be watching on this tv. I'm hoping the samsung works out better for me.
post #283 of 379 Old 08-03-2014, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jacobs View Post
I had a 65inch Vizio M series recently, and it had really bad banding. Im returning and getting it exchanged for the un65h6350. For those who have this set, do you have a lot of banding. I really noticed during sports and thats the main thing i'll be watching on this tv. I'm hoping the samsung works out better for me.
Was your Vizio a 2014 "B" model with the local dimming? I've got the 65" Samsung which I really like the picture on, but wanted a 70" set and am debating on getting the 2014 "B" version.

I may just say "screw it" and get the 75" Samsung instead
post #284 of 379 Old 08-03-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Was your Vizio a 2014 "B" model with the local dimming? I've got the 65" Samsung which I really like the picture on, but wanted a 70" set and am debating on getting the 2014 "B" version.

I may just say "screw it" and get the 75" Samsung instead
Yes it was the b model. It was mostly a good set but the banding was very distracting when watching sports. A lot of people with the set seem to have the same problem
post #285 of 379 Old 08-03-2014, 09:19 PM

I figured I'd ask here after reading the first 5 pages.

I'm looking at getting a 75" H6350, but I noticed that last year's model the F6300 seems to be identical spec-wise other than the CPU being only dual core (compared to the quad in the H6350).

Can anybody confirm that there are no other real hardware differences? The reason I ask is that I can get a F6300 for under $2000, but the cheapest H6350 I've found at that size is just over $2300 and I can't tell if there is any good reason to pay the extra $300 for a different color bezel, and a 'faster' CPU for smart apps that I will never use.

Thanks so much for everyone's input! I've been lurking here for months haha
post #286 of 379 Old 08-04-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentolmachoff View Post
Bought a UN55H6350 from Best Buy the other night after returning a Vizio M552i-B2, and I am much happier with this TV overall. With the right calibration settings, I'm very impressed with the blacks this TV is able to produce, even without the Local Dimming Zones (like on the Vizio M-Series).

Have yet to play a first-person shooter on the set to test input lag (even though I turned on Game Mode instantly anyways). I'm hopeful that input lag with Game Mode off will be at an acceptable level, but I'd be shocked if that's the case. Some motion smoothing would be nice, but even without Auto Motion Plus turned on the processing seems to be much better than on the Vizio M-Series.

In case anyone cares about my calibration settings, here they are below. The biggest thing that I've found to help my black levels in turning the HDMI Black Level option under Picture Options from "Normal" to "Low." Seems to help a TON.

Picture Settings:
Spoiler!

Hope that helps some people. I'm really satisfied with this TV. Especially for $949 at Fry's Electronics.
So I got my new 65 inch set, and so far things look great. Much better then the vizio. I used your settings today, and just tweaked them a little.

One thing I can't get is the HDMI black level. On my cable box its set to normal and greyed out so i can't change it. When i watch movies on ps3, it on low when the ps3 turns on, but when the movie starts it goes back to normal and its greyed out again. What sources do you have where you can have it on low
post #287 of 379 Old 08-05-2014, 12:39 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jacobs View Post
So I got my new 65 inch set, and so far things look great. Much better then the vizio. I used your settings today, and just tweaked them a little.

One thing I can't get is the HDMI black level. On my cable box its set to normal and greyed out so i can't change it. When i watch movies on ps3, it on low when the ps3 turns on, but when the movie starts it goes back to normal and its greyed out again. What sources do you have where you can have it on low
I'm glad you too like it more than the 2014 Vizio M-Series. It's just a better overall TV in my opinion. I also tweaked them a bit too since I posted them. I turned the Backlight down to 10, the Contrast to 94 and the Brightness to 45. Much richer colors.

That's a little strange. I just bought all new HDMI cables from Monoprice before getting my new TV, and I have everything running through my Denon 1612 receiver, which is really only two things: my PS4 and Xbox One (my DirecTV is running through my Xbox One so I can use the Kinect voice controls). I'm not sure why it's greyed out for you and not me :\
post #288 of 379 Old 08-05-2014, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Concur on 6350 vs Vizio M series

Just wanted to chime in. I really wanted to love the Vizio M602i-B3. Local dimming, etc, and the blacks were deep and dark, but the video processing on that TV S U C K S. I do most of my TV watching from a media center PC, so I realize that signal MAY be a little bit less stable than a STB (not sure though, just a guess?). I tried 2 of that model Vizio (thinking the first may have been defective). There were a lot of re-producable artifacts, like twitching, stuttering, etc. I tried EVERY setting on my HTPC's video drivers with some improvements here are there, but any change that solved 1 problem usually introduced another. Oddly, the Vizio seemed to like 1080i 30Hz better than 1080p 60Hz, but there were other artifacts when in 1080i. In addition, motion resolution LOOKED horrible on the Vizio (not sure how vizio measures officially), and turning on any level of motion settings improved motion but resulted in REALLY BAD soap opera effect - no go.

I decided to give a UN60H6350 a try, and WOW, what a world of difference! Everything better, with the exception of blacks. I LOVE the flexibility in the motion settings. To my eyes, Clear is great, nice looking motion with little or no soap opera effect.

I shied away from the 6350 based on the CNET review. I wonder if their reviews are all based on measurements and not actual sustained regular viewing, because the 6350 trumps the vizio in every way (except blacks) that I care about in regular viewing. I realize those pro reviewers put contrast above everything which is why they love the 2014 vizios. They even mention video processing not being as good on the Vizio as other TVs, yet that is not critical to them? Twitching and stuttering and poor motion is ok if contrast is better? Strange.

For those on the fence, go Samsung.

BTW - I also tried a Sony W850B. Very nice TV, but very visible clouding and some problems in video processing as well. Sammys seem to have the best video processing (critical!) to my eyes.
post #289 of 379 Old 08-05-2014, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp14 View Post
I decided to give a UN60H6350 a try, and WOW, what a world of difference! Everything better, with the exception of blacks. I LOVE the flexibility in the motion settings. To my eyes, Clear is great, nice looking motion with little or no soap opera effect.
I still have my 65H6350 from Costco on a table next to the new 2014 70" Vizio. I will try to do some A/B comparisons myself as well before I decide which one to keep. The Vizio definitely has some good black levels if nothing else. But it may be that the Samsung has better video processing capability.

From my quick hour or so viewing last night I thought the Vizio looked pretty good. At least good enough for me. Maybe I should stop driving myself nuts and just keep it and return the Samsung as I really do like the extra real estate on the 70" set.
post #290 of 379 Old 08-05-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalm_Traveler View Post
I figured I'd ask here after reading the first 5 pages.

I'm looking at getting a 75" H6350, but I noticed that last year's model the F6300 seems to be identical spec-wise other than the CPU being only dual core (compared to the quad in the H6350).

Can anybody confirm that there are no other real hardware differences? The reason I ask is that I can get a F6300 for under $2000, but the cheapest H6350 I've found at that size is just over $2300 and I can't tell if there is any good reason to pay the extra $300 for a different color bezel, and a 'faster' CPU for smart apps that I will never use.

Thanks so much for everyone's input! I've been lurking here for months haha
I was involved in electronic manufacturing (telcom not video) for a few years, and I can say that there are fixes to various problems of sorts that don't show up in specs as a piece of equipment is in production for awhile. I plan to buy the 75" H6350 in October myself.
Kalm_Traveler likes this.
post #291 of 379 Old 08-05-2014, 09:16 PM

Got a new UN60H6350, is it faulty?

Hi guys, I just got a new UN60H6350 from dell, I received the screen at home today and the setup was flawless, but I just keep noticing two shadows around the center of the screen, they're small, about half inch each, and when the tv displays dynamic content, it isn't so noticeable, however when that area of the screen gets a uniform color it's easy to spot it and it can be distracting, it's most noticeable with uniform color images like the netflix logo with a full red background or a big blue sky. My interest is to know your opinion, what would you do? Have it replaced, tolerate it? do you think this can get worst in the future? I' attached a few pictures so you can see what i'm talking about. My iphone's camera has a hard time catching it some times. Thank you guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spot2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	198521   Click image for larger version

Name:	spot1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	198529   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	198537   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	198545  
post #292 of 379 Old 08-06-2014, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I recently bought the UN48H6350 and am very happy with it (especially the Plex app, it's fantastic).

Has anybody done a good calibration on one yet? If so, what are your settings? I've tried calibrating by eye and results are decent, but I'm sure the TV is capable of more.

post #293 of 379 Old 08-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Out of curiosity what is the latest software update that people have downloaded on their 6350's?
I have the UN40H6350 and it is using version 1115.
post #294 of 379 Old 08-06-2014, 12:23 PM

Has anyone bought the samsung vg-stc4000 skype camera for this tv? If so, is it any good?
post #295 of 379 Old 08-06-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberyoda0 View Post
I have the 50H6350. Here are my settings. They're not factory, but I haven't messed with them much since I bought it.

1st_Y_GH = 128
1st_Y_GL = ...
1st_Cb_BH = ...
1st_Cb_BL = ...
1st_Cr_RH = ...
1st_Cr_RL = ...
2nd_R_L = 134
2nd_G_L = 134
2nd_B_L = 134
2nd_R_H = 68
2nd_G_H = 68
2nd_B_H = 68

I'm not sure why some of them don't have settings, but that's what I got. Hope it helps.

Thanks cyberyoda.

Would you happen to have the RGB offsets and gains? This is what I have right now:
R-Offset = 128
G-Offset = 128
B-Offset = 128
R-Gain = 147
G-Gain = 128
B-Gain = 173

Someone with a UN40H6350 had:

Thanks again for your settings. I know it's a risk to go into the service menu.
post #296 of 379 Old 08-06-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnovoa View Post
Hi guys, I just got a new UN60H6350 from dell, I received the screen at home today and the setup was flawless, but I just keep noticing two shadows around the center of the screen, they're small, about half inch each, and when the tv displays dynamic content, it isn't so noticeable, however when that area of the screen gets a uniform color it's easy to spot it and it can be distracting, it's most noticeable with uniform color images like the netflix logo with a full red background or a big blue sky. My interest is to know your opinion, what would you do? Have it replaced, tolerate it? do you think this can get worst in the future? I' attached a few pictures so you can see what i'm talking about. My iphone's camera has a hard time catching it some times. Thank you guys!
Replace it.
I have had issues with my 60F6300 - just looking for a replacement at this point.

Post #2164
Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread.

Samsung UN60H7150
Samsung LN46C650
Samsung LN40D630
Toshiba 65HM167
post #297 of 379 Old 08-06-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shome View Post
Replace it.
I have had issues with my 60F6300 - just looking for a replacement at this point.

Post #2164
Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread.
thank you shome! I'll contact Dell immediately.
post #298 of 379 Old 08-07-2014, 07:45 AM

Han anyone got the smart view app to work with this tv. Every time i try this with my ipad or iphone, it detects the tv and says hit allow on the tv to get it connected, but my tv never says allow app on the screen. They are both on the same network. Anyone else have this problem
post #299 of 379 Old 08-07-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnovoa View Post
thank you shome! I'll contact Dell immediately.

No problem. No need at all to keep a defective screen. Look closely at the next one for the same issue and dead pixels. I buy TV's locally (sears, best buy etc.) because it makes returning them much easier if the need arises, and it has on more than one occasion. It's also easier to deal with the customer service people at the stores vs. over the phone, imho.

Samsung UN60H7150
Samsung LN46C650
Samsung LN40D630
Toshiba 65HM167
post #300 of 379 Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shome View Post
No problem. No need at all to keep a defective screen. Look closely at the next one for the same issue and dead pixels. I buy TV's locally (sears, best buy etc.) because it makes returning them much easier if the need arises, and it has on more than one occasion. It's also easier to deal with the customer service people at the stores vs. over the phone, imho.
Absolutely! It happened to me that I needed a new set ASAP, and neither BestBuy, Sears, Target, etc had such a good deal like dell, BTW if someone is interested, they're offering the UN60H6350 bundled with a Samsung H355 soundbar and a $300 Dell gift card for $1399 + tax. I've already contacted them, showed them the pictures and they agreed to replace it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page