Official Samsung UNxxH6350 Owners Thread - Page 12 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 1880 Old 08-24-2014, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Not off to a good start...

Ordered the UN55H6350AF (Version: UH02) from Dell and received on Wednesday. Set it up that night and watched for a couple hours. Was very impressed with the picture. Sound sucks, but that is kinda what expected. Watched it again Thursday and Friday night...no problems. Watched for a couple hours on Saturday and the display went bad. It started with columns of dots across the entire screen. It was intermittent at first, only appearing about once every minute or so. It progressively worsened from that point forward. I disconnected the two HDMI devices I had connected to it. Turned it back on and was still seeing the dots. So, I was able to rule out a bad cable box and the PS4. I followed Samsung's instructions and ran the Self Diagnosis from the Menu options. All the Self Diagnosis did was to recommend I contact support. I tried to do a Reset from the Menu > Support options and that only seemed to make matters worse. Now the screen flickers, is an odd color and has the dots. It was very depressing to see this happen, as I had been so excited about replacing my aging Sony KDSR50XBR1.

I decided, since I had just received the tv, I would contact Dell. The chat agent gave me a number to call for Customer Care, but they are closed on the weekend. No shock there...

So, I guess i will wait until tomorrow to get help with this. I am hoping they will be quick about replacing this unit. I am also hoping this was just one of those rare occasions of getting a bad one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0075.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	227425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0080.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	227433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0076.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	227441  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 1880 Old 08-24-2014, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have been on factory settings since I picked up the TV last Thursday with some tweaks here in there. This weekend I decided to plug in the CNET settings and I watched some programming (movies, shows, NFL preseason, Little League, MLB) on ATT uverse. Now before these settings I had already thought the picture was Excellent. The CNET settings have really made the picture that much better. I think it has a more natural picture now while still maintaining that color pop that I like from Samsung TVs. Also using the CLEAR settings with little to no SOE. I am really liking this set so far and I think the picture is still settling in but so far this set is a keeper. FYI, I returned the Samsung Plasma F5300 (screen too reflective for our room)for this set and I am impressed with this set even though its an LED.
post #333 of 1880 Old 08-24-2014, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
I am still debating on whether to keep this set or not. I have the costco version 65H6300. I have tried many things to make this set look good, but I am just not happy. Using Direct TV HR44 going to a Denon AVR 890. What can be done?

I have only seen a few calibrations for this size (65") I can't seem to make it look good.

I watch all sports so should I have it in a certain mode.

Tom
What was the final verdict here? I am tring to set up my 65" unh6300 and am looking for solid calibration numbers. I, too, watch a ton of sports and am in full preparation mode for the NFL season.
post #334 of 1880 Old 08-24-2014, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
I am still debating on whether to keep this set or not. I have the costco version 65H6300. I have tried many things to make this set look good, but I am just not happy. Using Direct TV HR44 going to a Denon AVR 890. What can be done?

I have only seen a few calibrations for this size (65") I can't seem to make it look good.

I watch all sports so should I have it in a certain mode.

Tom
What was the final verdict here? I am trying to set up my 65" unh6300 and am looking for solid calibration numbers. I, too, watch a ton of sports and am in full preparation mode for the NFL season. Are there calibration numbers for the AH01 code 65" A-MVA panel

Last edited by scrapper62; 08-24-2014 at 07:25 PM.
post #335 of 1880 Old 08-25-2014, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieh1 View Post
  1. Title 1. This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED H5500/H6300/H6350/H6400/H7100/H7150
  2. The version is 1117.2
  3. This firmware update will improve the following:

- Improved browser performance

- Improved app performance

- Improved stability2. Applicable Model 3. Carrier or Corporate Customer
  4. Description
Out of curiosity, where did you find this information on the Samsung website?
post #336 of 1880 Old 08-25-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...UN50H6350AFXZA

Directv HD
Samsung UN50H6350 50" LED Smart TV

Channel Master 4228 antenna
Greenville NC, Ral-Durham NC ota market
post #337 of 1880 Old 08-25-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker625 View Post
Ordered the UN55H6350AF (Version: UH02) from Dell and received on Wednesday. Set it up that night and watched for a couple hours. Was very impressed with the picture. Sound sucks, but that is kinda what expected. Watched it again Thursday and Friday night...no problems. Watched for a couple hours on Saturday and the display went bad. It started with columns of dots across the entire screen. It was intermittent at first, only appearing about once every minute or so. It progressively worsened from that point forward. I disconnected the two HDMI devices I had connected to it. Turned it back on and was still seeing the dots. So, I was able to rule out a bad cable box and the PS4. I followed Samsung's instructions and ran the Self Diagnosis from the Menu options. All the Self Diagnosis did was to recommend I contact support. I tried to do a Reset from the Menu > Support options and that only seemed to make matters worse. Now the screen flickers, is an odd color and has the dots. It was very depressing to see this happen, as I had been so excited about replacing my aging Sony KDSR50XBR1.

I decided, since I had just received the tv, I would contact Dell. The chat agent gave me a number to call for Customer Care, but they are closed on the weekend. No shock there...

So, I guess i will wait until tomorrow to get help with this. I am hoping they will be quick about replacing this unit. I am also hoping this was just one of those rare occasions of getting a bad one.

Try the Remote Management that is in the support menu on the tv. Call the call center and the techs can remotely check your tv.

Directv HD

post #338 of 1880 Old 08-25-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieh1 View Post
Try the Remote Management that is in the support menu on the tv. Call the call center and the techs can remotely check your tv.
That would be great if I was actually able to navigate the Menu now...the picture is so bad now that I cannot even see any Menu options when I press the button on the remote. On a positive note, I contacted my Dell rep and she has already put in for a new replacement and has even expedited with Next Day Air shipping. Hopefully I will have a new unit in the next few days...and hopefully it is not a defective one. For the very short time it was working, the picture looked great.
post #339 of 1880 Old 08-25-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanaday View Post
The 65" sets only have one panel supplier apparently
All 65" sets from the H6400 line down have a panel that is supplied from AU Optronics. Much info can be found in the Samsung panel thread. The 50" set also has two version, one being AUO and the other a Samsung panel.
post #340 of 1880 Old 08-25-2014, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I plan on getting the 65 inch 6350. Does this model come with the samsung panel? Will i have any problems with this 65 inch model?
post #341 of 1880 Old 08-26-2014, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Lightbulb

I just wanted to post here in hopes that what I did might help someone else out. I bought the UN60H6350 and noticed a bright flashlight effect on the lower right of the display originating from the bezel. (A distracting brighter spot on the screen when viewing in a dark environment.) I read online that sometimes when they manufacture the screen, they tighten the screws on the back too tight. I noticed that the flashlight effect was exactly in the same spot as one of the screws. I used a screwdriver and loosed that screw on the back of the bezel just a little bit and it totally removed the bright flashlight spot from the screen! I'm so happy.
post #342 of 1880 Old 08-26-2014, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I just noticed after doing a google search that the price on the 75" just fell $300 across the board at all the authorized dealers. Sweet, now we just need Sharp and Vizio to follow suit on their jumbo TV's
post #343 of 1880 Old 08-27-2014, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
On the UN60H6350, does anyone know if the 400x400 hole pattern for wall mount is centered on back of TV? Or is it slightly higher than center, lower than center? I'd assume it's centered horizontally.
Thanks in advance.

Ryan
post #344 of 1880 Old 08-28-2014, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Young View Post
I plan on getting the 65 inch 6350. Does this model come with the samsung panel? Will i have any problems with this 65 inch model?
All 65" sets from the H6400 line down have a panel that is supplied from AU Optronics. Much info can be found in the Samsung panel thread. The 50" set also has two version, one being AUO and the other a Samsung panel.
post #345 of 1880 Old 08-30-2014, 01:34 PM

Wireless Keyboard

Has anyone successfully connected a wireless USB keyboard to the H6350 (e.g. Logitech)?
post #346 of 1880 Old 08-30-2014, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes Im using a Logitech K400, plugged wireless usb reciever, TV picked it up and soon as I turned it on.
No issues

Directv HD

post #347 of 1880 Old 08-31-2014, 06:20 PM

What are your thoughts on the calibration settings from these two webpages?

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...-settings.html

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_10...nh6350-series/

Is everyone using Movie mode to avoid the CE dimming feature?
post #348 of 1880 Old 09-02-2014, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a question about dirty screen effect/banding on the 6350. Has anyone put much sports-watching time into one of the larger 6350s? Right now I have the 65" Vizio M-Series and, after receiving a replacement, the picture quality really is outstanding. But. There's always a but. While the issue is less pronounced than with my original panel, DSE or banding is definitely in effect when I'm watching football or baseball. I know a couple people here have swapped the Vizio for the Samsung, but the PQ on my new Vizio is impressive enough that I'm worried I might actually be taking a step down if I make the change. I'd be swapping to the 65" model.
post #349 of 1880 Old 09-02-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker625 View Post

**UPDATE 9/2**
So, I received my replacement unit on Friday. Set it up and tried it out Friday night. No issues. Coincidentally, we had AT&T coming out to do a new install of Uverse on Saturday. Uverse was installed with no issues and everything seemed good. Sunday morning, I turn on the television and the picture came on, but it was squished into the upper-half of the screen. The bottom half appeared to be static, but with a reddish tone to it. I opened the Menu and it appeared fine. I changed the Source to HDMI 2 and then switched back to HDMI 1 and the picture was normal. The rest of the day it was fine. It only appears to happen when I turn the television on...and even then it is only sporadic. I am not sure if anyone else has seen something like this. I will post pics the next time I see it happen. I am not convinced yet that there is an issue with this new tv, but it definitely made me feel a bit sick to my stomach considering the first set died within hours of me turning it on. I think I am going to switch out the cable box first and see if it has anything to do with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0091.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	242250  

Last edited by miker625; 09-02-2014 at 09:22 AM.
post #350 of 1880 Old 09-02-2014, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterKen7 View Post
Hi all, I am the proud owner of a new UN60H6350 from Bet Buy! I have a question about the audio out options. I assumed the unit would have RCA red/white outs as that is how I had my previous television hooked up. I find out that this unit is just optical out and a headphone jack. (I just have a plain old 2.1 system so no need for any surround options.) I am currently running audio to my receiver using a wire that converts a 3.5mm plug to RCA plugs to the back of my receiver. All seems normal. This shouldn't be an issue, right? That headphone jack on the back is just a normal line out I assume.
Make sure to check your price. It is lower right now and free soundbar
post #351 of 1880 Old 09-02-2014, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just picked up the 55 inch 6350. Really enjoying it so far but I do have a few questions. Are there any recommended settings floating around? I'm using my phone and the site is hard to navigate with it. Also is there any real reason to use the ir extender cable?? Is the remote good enough to justify setting it up??
post #352 of 1880 Old 09-02-2014, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Any comments on what I could expect from the UN65H6203, which looks to be a bare-bones version of the 6350 with maybe a similar picture quality?
It has only 2 HDMI inputs but I only need one and won't be using the sound. My room has no windows. It would replace a 50" 720p Samsung with awful black levels, and I watch movies on a 120" screen and projector so would only use this for TV.

post #353 of 1880 Old 09-03-2014, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Check the following link out if want, it pretty much shoots down the thinking that all displays (Samsung UNxx6350), same model & manufacturer will be calibrated the same. It is eye opening.
http://www.tlvexp.ca/2012/12/the-fru...oneer-lottery/
Yungster likes this.

Steve
post #354 of 1880 Old 09-04-2014, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Does anyone have a good calibration for the UN60H6350? According to others in this thread, all the 60" have the Sharp panel. I'd assume the 60" calibration would differ from all the other sized H6350 calibrations that I can find online.
post #355 of 1880 Old 09-04-2014, 01:35 PM

Liked: 10
Has anyone noticed any lip sync issues with this set? I have a vizio m492i-b2 with lip sync problems and i'm looking to replace it with the Samsung UN50H6350.
post #356 of 1880 Old 09-04-2014, 07:14 PM

I was watching the NFL football game tonight and noticed this Samsung live stats app pop up on the right side. It was pretty cool showing the current drive, pass leaders, rush leaders, etc. I somehow lost it though and can't get it back. Does anyone know what that app was and how to get it back? I did choose a favorite team that isn't playing tonight, so maybe it only shows when my favorite team is on?
post #357 of 1880 Old 09-05-2014, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejester View Post
Does anyone have a good calibration for the UN60H6350? According to others in this thread, all the 60" have the Sharp panel. I'd assume the 60" calibration would differ from all the other sized H6350 calibrations that I can find online.
I'm just wondering if anyone has bothered to take a peak at the link in Post #353 . I think it is really eye opening, explaining how 2 (monitors of same brand , size, . . .) in this case 2 UN60H6350 monitors will have different settings. Your eyes, a professional calibration, or try it yourself with equipment available to most people to calibrate.
I bought my wife a 42" version of this model, I am most impressed with it! (My wife &my 25 y/o daughter helped me try to calibrate this unit) The plethora of stuff this monitor does for the price. We bought it when it 1st came out for a $ I could not ref use. Not a single problem to date, it appears to be a workhorse, turn it on & it does what you want.
I really hope some of you take the time to read the link. . .

Steve
post #358 of 1880 Old 09-05-2014, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterKen7 View Post
I was watching the NFL football game tonight and noticed this Samsung live stats app pop up on the right side. It was pretty cool showing the current drive, pass leaders, rush leaders, etc. I somehow lost it though and can't get it back. Does anyone know what that app was and how to get it back? I did choose a favorite team that isn't playing tonight, so maybe it only shows when my favorite team is on?
Samsung Sports Live

Go to Smart Hub under Sports

Directv HD

post #359 of 1880 Old 09-06-2014, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If you have a H6350 Smart TV please try the following and report your results.
User your 6350 TV with a A/V receiver in the ARC (audio return channel) mode and watch something using the Netflix app. Netflix audio is distributed as Dolby Digital Plus 5.1. Your receiver should identify the audio stream coming from the 6350 TV as Dolby Digital 5.1 (not Dolby Digital Plus). The TV only claims to convert the signal to the Dolby Digital. Now listen to musical passages on the Netflix app. These are easiest to find at the beginning of a video or the end. If you use "Orange is the New Black" the opening segment is a lost of singing. Listen also for audio dropouts. These happen for about a second and are very obvious. They also repeat if you replay the passage. In other words they are not random. These seem to happen with any app the has an audio encoded with Dolby Digital Plus. Two apps that I have used are Netflix and Amazon Instant Video. These both have audio dropouts but HBO Go which has audio as Dolby Digital does NOT have these dropouts.

The problem is not just with using ARC. If you use an optical cable from the 6350 you will experience the same problem.
post #360 of 1880 Old 09-06-2014, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Was originally looking at a 55h7150, but now looking to save a few hundred bucks and go with the 55h6350. Don't really care about 3D. Only watch sports, play video games, watch blu-ray movies, and stream Amazon Prime movies. Is the refresh rate difference between the two units that big of a deal? Any other differences that might sway my decision? Thanks.

Edit: Oh, and anyone seeing any deals on the 55h6350 out there? If not, will just go to Amazon via Prime.

Last edited by will_avery; 09-06-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page