Toshiba 55L7400U - Page 29 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #841 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rlindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 4,789
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post

Can someone explain what this means (W9 equivalent)??

He owns what I believe is the Euro version of Sony W900A.

ROB
rlindo is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #842 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveBoy View Post

Woa. Now I'm kind of contemplating weather i should just go for the Vizio non-smart 48" E or not. Being a gamer and shopping for the right HDTV truly sucks. oh the joy! Bottom feeder skimped out bare bones entry level sets a plenty! hurray biggrin.gif

LOL. You seem to switch sides every few days. I would just wait for professional reviews of the actual specific sets you are interested and in, and in your particular case, posting of lag time using Leo B tester. If you can't wait anymore just get the Vizio, which you know for a fact has the features and lag time you want.
sytech is online now  
post #843 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaveBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post

LOL. You seem to switch sides every few days. I would just wait for professional reviews of the actual specific sets you are interested and in, and in your particular case, posting of lag time using Leo B tester. If you can't wait anymore just get the Vizio, which you know for a fact has the features and lag time you want.

I'd honestly much rather go for the toshiba(700nits of brightness, local dimming and ultra low input lag ect) but it kind of throws you off when somebody chimes in with their impressions and says the display is all sorts of awful. The Vizio e non-smart(27ms of lag) doesn't have local dimming and i'm not sure if 300nits would be bright enough for my needs, it's still the last resort if the toshiba truly does end up being a bit of a dud. tongue.gif
WaveBoy is offline  
post #844 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rlindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 4,789
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 169
more from the Av Forums member oliviasdad when asked if his unit may simply be a jacked up one:
Quote:
I'd probably say no mate. I've no doubt they'll be other panels in the range where the blacks don't fluctuate half as much or have deeper blacks but I bet I could go through 100 of these and not find one that comes anywhere near as close as the W9 when it comes to deep blacks and local dimming that works. I guess that's quality control for you.

Watching BGT, the picture at times does look every bit as good as the W9 but again, as soon as those black bars cut in, that nice picture soon disappears.

This has certainly made me even more interested in seeing a review from either AVF or HDTVTest. I'll be very surprised if it scores well (though if it does then maybe mine is duff!!).

He also posted a pic showing the clouding he is seeing. Ouch!

http://www.avforums.com/threads/premium-2k-toshiba-think-there%E2%80%99s-still-a-strong-market-for-full-hd-tvs.1880687/page-3

ROB
rlindo is online now  
post #845 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaveBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 41
That's some nasty clouding indeed, and very disappointing to hear about the awkward and noticeable shift in black levels....Heck, maybe we're all just better off going with the
Sony 2014 800B/829B(UK) series. lol

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-kdl-50w829_TV_review_sound-quality-3d-and-verdict_Page-3
WaveBoy is offline  
post #846 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1194
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post

more from the Av Forums member oliviasdad when asked if his unit may simply be a jacked up one:
Quote:
I'd probably say no mate. I've no doubt they'll be other panels in the range where the blacks don't fluctuate half as much or have deeper blacks but I bet I could go through 100 of these and not find one that comes anywhere near as close as the W9 when it comes to deep blacks and local dimming that works. I guess that's quality control for you.

Watching BGT, the picture at times does look every bit as good as the W9 but again, as soon as those black bars cut in, that nice picture soon disappears.

This has certainly made me even more interested in seeing a review from either AVF or HDTVTest. I'll be very surprised if it scores well (though if it does then maybe mine is duff!!).

He also posted a pic showing the clouding he is seeing. Ouch!

http://www.avforums.com/threads/premium-2k-toshiba-think-there%E2%80%99s-still-a-strong-market-for-full-hd-tvs.1880687/page-3

If that picture is representative of performance after calibration and with the proper setting, Toshiba will be out for the count in the US market. Hopefully that panel is either an anomaly or there is a setting or two which is not correct.

Wonder when we'll have out next owner or two reporting here on the forum???
fafrd is offline  
post #847 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Member
 
Vegeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was planning on getting the L9400 but if these issues also appear in that model then I will have to look elsewhere!
Vegeta is offline  
post #848 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaveBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

I was planning on getting the L9400 but if these issues also appear in that model then I will have to look elsewhere!

The last thing we need is Goku turning super saiyan while being surrounded by a nasty slew of LED-clouding. tongue.gif
DBZ(funi dub/faulcner score) is easily one of the most amazing cartoons ever created. wink.gif I'm a huge fan.
WaveBoy is offline  
post #849 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Member
 
quern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I wish someone else here had this set. I can't figure out if I return it to Amazon or stick with it. The other thread has me wondering....
quern is offline  
post #850 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,172
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 834
If your happy then why doubt yourself?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ph8te is online now  
post #851 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Member
 
jpdyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 51
The cloudy set is a 7453 from across the pond, right? Just saying, may not mean much for us here and the 7400.
jpdyson is offline  
post #852 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 10,934
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

If your happy then why doubt yourself?
Because someone in Europe got a similar model that seems to be defective and doesn't like it!!!
Stereodude is online now  
post #853 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 03:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,172
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Because someone in Europe got a similar model that seems to be defective and doesn't like it!!!

heh, with the differences we have seen between sets that are from the same country, its best not to use "overseas" reviews wink.gif they can be good for reading fun and those who live in those areas, but for NA market, mostly entertainment purpose only.....For me personally, once I decide on anything I tend to avoid reviews unless Im unhappy and need to see if there is a fix\adjustment that can be made. If your happy stop looking for issues you don't see and enjoy the set smile.gif
Ph8te is online now  
post #854 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rlindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 4,789
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by quern View Post

I wish someone else here had this set. I can't figure out if I return it to Amazon or stick with it. The other thread has me wondering....

You may as well return it if it won't be a big hassle to do. Since you got it you've been lukewarm to it and really, having that feeling after buying something generally is a sign it isn't an ideal purchase, at least from my experience. I also don't feel anyone else owning the set should really factor in as if you don't feel the picture quality right now is great and possibly have any regrets then how would that change if someone else bought one?

I know you've brought up your inexperience when talking about the set and have implied that maybe issues you've noticed are because of that but the issues you've mentioned outside of originally having the TV in the auto mode don't seem to be because of anything on your end and are simply issues that the set has which makes sense since it is basically a budget TV given its street price. Having the set calibrated will fix things like inaccurate greyscale and colour but it isn't going to fix things like fluctuating blacks or issues from what is apparently a low amount of dimming zones.

I say return it and get the Vizio M set and then see how it is. cool.gif

ROB
rlindo is online now  
post #855 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdyson View Post

The cloudy set is a 7453 from across the pond, right? Just saying, may not mean much for us here and the 7400.

So we got this new guy with heavy clouding on the L7453





and then we got this guy with virtually none.




http://www.hdtv.com.pl/forum/toshiba/109088-toshiba-55-l7453-test-tv-lcd-model-cevo-ze-strefowym-podswietleniem-led-czyli-uczta-dla-oczu.html#post1031191

I wish someone in the USA would do an in depth review of the set we get here and put us out of our misery. I think Toshiba is playing loose with the term "local dimming" on this set. I am more interested in see the 65L9400U, but this would have been a nice second display for the game room.
sytech is online now  
post #856 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 08:58 PM
Member
 
quern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I came home tonight to look at my set to see if I have any of that crazy clouding the gent over the pond had.

While I was at it I re-ran my setup process and completely tweaked my settings. I started with setting the back light to 17 and slowly worked my way through the Spears and Munsil disk in Movie Mode. Later I turned it down to almost 0 because I almost lost a retina with how bright the screen was in a totally dark room.

I ended up with contrast at 87, brightness at 3, color @ 6, tint I left at 0 and sharpness I set to 6 (although trying to set sharpness to me is like throwing a dart. It's so hard to see the changes).

My auto brightness sensor is set to On, Dynalight to Low and I turned on ClearScan to standard. I turned on the clear scan after having read a review of a 2013 set where they stated setting this to Standard didn't provide the dreaded soap opera effect but did help with some processing issues that set had without it on. That same review also mentioned that that set had an out of whack gray scale which lends credence to what you all have pointed out about my set.

I looked at the clipping for colors and I'm sure it's clipping a few of them... but I'm not experienced enough with messing with the tru-color settings. That's for the pro.

My end results are very pleasing based on what I can do.

I just watched some of The Hobbit, the Dark Night and Lincoln again. Sure, the blacks are not like my CRT but if I am watching the movies and not "looking" for issues I easily get immersed in the picture. In dark scenes black bars on the top and bottom may have a slight gray look but in bright scenes they look nice and black. The scenes in the Dark Night that were shot on IMAX look amazing.

I'll continue to analyze this set as time permits and keep posting my thoughts. After tonight I really don't think I will have any major issues keeping it. I do think that getting it calibrated is the only way to extract it's full potential.

If there is one thing I've proven (and you all have had to endure) is that the set isn't forgiving if you don't set it properly when using your setup disc. Maybe working on the set at 12am doesn't help. rolleyes.gif.. Lord knows I've made my share of mistakes while posting here for everyone.

here is a couple of pics of the set with just the Marantz logo my receiver puts off when no input is on. I think this helps show a uniform screen.




Here is a dark scene from The Dark Knight. Sorry for the crappy photo's.... taken w/ my mobile phone tonight. I think my wife took pictures of the kids doing something for Father's Day on the good camera and I don't want to accidentally see anything and ruin a surprise.
quern is offline  
post #857 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaveBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Black levels plus the fluctuating is kind of turning me off here, especially when you side it to the Vizio E series. As of now, i'm also coming from a CRT as i just sold my 60" S60. When i look at these pictures all i see is a nasty blue Tint to the entire picture with lack luster LCD bluish grey black levels. :P I have a feeling that you would be much happier returning it and going for a 55" Vizio M. The E series alone just got one hell of a fantastic review from CNET.
WaveBoy is offline  
post #858 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 09:59 PM
Senior Member
 
THX1720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveBoy View Post

When i look at these pictures all i see is a nasty blue Tint to the entire picture with lack luster LCD bluish grey black levels.

Not trying to single you out here because I've seen this from many posters but judging TV quality from a camera picture is pointless. How do you know the TV has a nasty blue tint to it? I can make any photo look like that by adjusting the white balance. The black levels, contrast, etc can look nothing like the TV based on the camera settings. Just a word of caution from a photographer...
THX1720 is offline  
post #859 of 912 Old 05-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Newbie
 
WonderPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX1720 View Post


Not trying to single you out here because I've seen this from many posters but judging TV quality from a camera picture is pointless. How do you know the TV has a nasty blue tint to it? I can make any photo look like that by adjusting the white balance. The black levels, contrast, etc can look nothing like the TV based on the camera settings. Just a word of caution from a photographer...


He's right. LCD tend to always look very blue when taken with a camera. I took a photo of my Vizio and it had a bluish tint to it as well. In person, the colors and blacks are actually very nice and not bluish at all.

 

Also, the type of camera also makes a difference.

WonderPie is offline  
post #860 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rlindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 4,789
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 169
On the other hand, LCD sets usually DO have a bluish tint to the black (seen on a full black or a dark scene with a lot of black) although yes, the camera makes it look worse than it is as clearly seen here.

ROB
rlindo is online now  
post #861 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 05:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 10,934
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveBoy View Post

Black levels plus the fluctuating is kind of turning me off here, especially when you side it to the Vizio E series. As of now, i'm also coming from a CRT as i just sold my 60" S60. When i look at these pictures all i see is a nasty blue Tint to the entire picture with lack luster LCD bluish grey black levels. :P I have a feeling that you would be much happier returning it and going for a 55" Vizio M. The E series alone just got one hell of a fantastic review from CNET.
Would you just get off the fence, stop waffling, and buy something already. Or, better yet, buy both and decide yourself which one you like better and return the other. tongue.gif
Stereodude is online now  
post #862 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rlindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 4,789
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Yeah Waveboy, I don't understand why you just aren't getting one of the Vizios since it seems likely they'll be superior to this Toshiba. I realize you are a hardcore input lag guy yet it's been shown it seems that the E and M series sets have decent lag numbers so why not just buy one?

ROB
rlindo is online now  
post #863 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 05:41 AM
Member
 
rcwillis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post

Yeah Waveboy, I don't understand why you just aren't getting one of the Vizios since it seems likely they'll be superior to this Toshiba. I realize you are a hardcore input lag guy yet it's been shown it seems that the E and M series sets have decent lag numbers so why not just buy one?

He's also hardcore brightness fan. For some reason he doesnt think the 350-400 cd/m2 of the Vizios is bright enough and the Toshiba goes all the way to 700...

 

Honestly I think he deserves his own thread where he keeps us up to date on what set he is flip-flopping to for that day.

 

 

On subject though, did we ever get a concrete dimming zone number or are we still between 8 and 512?

rlindo likes this.
rcwillis is offline  
post #864 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BFJ 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 33
As someone who owned the last TOSHIBA FALD made 670U, I'm having a hard time believing the blacks have a blue tint if grey scale is somewhat calibrated correctly. I've watched this thread for the last 2 weeks due to my TOSHIBA dying mad.gif

Quern, I've seen you speak of AUTOVIEW. AUTOVIEW actually is a great feature if you know how to adjust the Backlight Pro setting. Does this display offer Backlight Pro...

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

Because if it does the graph in the 2nd picture is adjustable, allowing the owner to control the Baclighting in AUTOVIEW

Secondly the way displays have advanced the image on the display should look somewhat better, shouldn't it? Here are some screens from my 670U as an example


30 DAYS OF NIGHT

img6996.jpg

img6994q.jpg

img6999s.jpg
BFJ 96 is online now  
post #865 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 06:45 AM
Member
 
quern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwillis View Post

He's also hardcore brightness fan. For some reason he doesnt think the 350-400 cd/m2 of the Vizios is bright enough and the Toshiba goes all the way to 700...

On subject though, did we ever get a concrete dimming zone number or are we still between 8 and 512?

According to Toshiba's Tech Support, it's 8.
quern is offline  
post #866 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 07:31 AM
Member
 
quern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFJ 96 View Post

As someone who owned the last TOSHIBA FALD made 670U, I'm having a hard time believing the blacks have a blue tint if grey scale is somewhat calibrated correctly. I've watched this thread for the last 2 weeks due to my TOSHIBA dying mad.gif

Quern, I've seen you speak of AUTOVIEW. AUTOVIEW actually is a great feature if you know how to adjust the Backlight Pro setting. Does this display offer Backlight Pro...

img6999s.jpg

I don't remember seeing a backlight pro. I can adjust the backlight but I don't have that graph.

Jerry
quern is offline  
post #867 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BFJ 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by quern View Post

I don't remember seeing a backlight pro. I can adjust the backlight but I don't have that graph.

Jerry

Jerry, within the Auto Brightness Setting, when ON can you enter it? Also does the Main Backlight Setting change from 0-100 to 0-50 when Auto Brightness is On?
BFJ 96 is online now  
post #868 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaveBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Would you just get off the fence, stop waffling, and buy something already. Or, better yet, buy both and decide yourself which one you like better and return the other. tongue.gif

Oh you love it, i'm the ultimate waffler around here buddy. wink.gif
Thing is, i don't live in the states, so just getting off my ass and making a simple trip to lets say Walmart in order to get one is out of the question, especially if i end up disliking the set where i'd then have to box it up and return it. which is WHY i've been so nit picky and question-y for the past i don't know how many weeks/months. David K from CNET just made it all the more easier in regards to the E series, since the '55"(AUO panel) scored 27ms, but he never explained how he achieved this(turning off local dimming? sticking it in game mode? Does switching to custom automatically raise input lag? He never bothered to explain any of it)

If canada had vizio's i would forget this repetitive and obsessive chit chat, go down to my local BB or wherever and snag the 55", take it home and tinker around with it myself. As for the toshiba? That's another option.....But i don't have the cash to even get one right now, nor do i know of any near by stores that even carry it.nIf there was a professional review of one, including the M series i could instantly make my decision right now. I don't want to take a trip down to the states, pick up the vizio E and THEN find out the Toshiba has it beat, or that one or two of the M series panels has input lag just as low as the e series which of course also has better PQ.

If i had input lag numbers for the E 48"(smart TV 'B2' Panel like the 55" B2 which just received 27ms), E 50"(B1) or M 49"(B2), , AND the toshiba l7400 i'd be able to narrow it down pretty easy here.
If i had just under $2000, i'd say 'screw all of the above' and go for the Sony 55" 800B.
WaveBoy is offline  
post #869 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rlindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 4,789
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 169
It pisses me off that Vizio doesn't sell their wares up here or (I think) anywhere other than the U.S for that matter. I'd have already ordered/bought an M series if they were sold up here. Like you, I don't want to go drive to the U.S (Buffalo for me) and buy one then take it home and in my case see there is some issue and I have to take it back. I'm not far from Buffalo yet it's just a hassle to deal with that jazz.

I'll probably end up buying the 58" Panny AX800 or the 55" Sony 900B because of all this 1080p set drama. Other than Vizio it seems all the other manus don't care much about their 1080p sets and plasma and oled are out for me because I am going to sue it mainly as a computer/gaming display so I don't want to deal with IR or possible burn-in. I was really hoping this Toshiba would be a solid set yet I've lost a lot of interest in it based on info over the last week or two.

ROB
rlindo is online now  
post #870 of 912 Old 05-30-2014, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaveBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post

It pisses me off that Vizio doesn't sell their wares up here or (I think) anywhere other than the U.S for that matter. I'd have already ordered/bought an M series if they were sold up here. Like you, I don't want to go drive to the U.S (Buffalo for me) and buy one then take it home and in my case see there is some issue and I have to take it back. I'm not far from Buffalo yet it's just a hassle to deal with that jazz.

I'll probably end up buying the 58" Panny AX800 or the 55" Sony 900B because of all this 1080p set drama. Other than Vizio it seems all the other manus don't care much about their 1080p sets and plasma and oled are out for me because I am going to sue it mainly as a computer/gaming display so I don't want to deal with IR or possible burn-in. I was really hoping this Toshiba would be a solid set yet I've lost a lot of interest in it based on info over the last week or two.

I hear ya, i've lost quite a bit of interest in the L7400 myself based on that one users opinion down over at the AVForum...But at least i can order it online, rather than taking a trip to the states and dealing with the hassle of getting a vizio. However, the Sony 50" 800B seems to be an amazing set, with 23ms of input lag. But it's price tag is running $1399 CAD. I may still be waffling around with my HDTV purchase, but i at least picked up a new TV stand just yesterday haha. tongue.gif It's now just a waiting game for input lag numbers(E 48" B2, E 50" B1, M 49" B2) and a Pro review of the L7400. I'll just wait it out....again, and stick to my CRT for now. If i weren't a gamer, i'd plop on down to the states and just go for the Vizio M 49" and call it a day.
WaveBoy is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off