Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 904 Old 06-24-2014, 04:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
As posted and discussed in this thread a month ago, back here. But thanks anyway .
You know, I never read that review top to bottom - it was pretty much glowing. They did mention under Cons that calibration was required, so I wonder if we'll see a big difference when somebody does a thorough calibration. I don't have experience in that area, so it won't be me, but I find myself still wanting a professional review of the US version of this set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 904 Old 06-24-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdyson View Post
You know, I never read that review top to bottom - it was pretty much glowing. They did mention under Cons that calibration was required, so I wonder if we'll see a big difference when somebody does a thorough calibration. I don't have experience in that area, so it won't be me, but I find myself still wanting a professional review of the US version of this set.
There is some question about whether our 55L7400U is the same as that L7 over there. I feel ours is more equivalent to the cheaper Japanese J8 based on the shell design and single core CEVO engine and others feel it more equivalant to the Z8 without the 3D and a few other changes. Ours supposedly has some kind of dimming like the Z8, so maybe it is a mix of the 2. The box on the back is the Time shift HDD box and is not sold in the US.
Still, it was a very glowing and in depth review. I like how they took it apart to try to gauge who makes the panel and identify some of the components. With everyone using mostly Chinese parts and rebaging panels it is something I would like the American reviews to start doing.
It did seem like it took a lot of tweaking to get the best picture out of it. The 55L7400U has been out for awhile now and I would have thought there would have been a professional US review of it by now, but there still has not been one.
post #903 of 904 Old 06-25-2014, 03:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Toshiba isn't that big of a player in the US, never really was.
For anyone that is critical, ALL TV's need calibration, some more than others.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #904 of 904 Old 06-25-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Toshiba isn't that big of a player in the US, never really was.
For anyone that is critical, ALL TV's need calibration, some more than others.
I still have one of their 35" CRT in kids game room for their Wii. Picture has a slight green tint and the remote stopped working, but they got many good years out of it. I don't think Toshiba was ever a top tier company here in the US, but with everyone basically using Chinese parts now days, I don't think it matters much anymore.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - 55L7400U by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page