Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

What happened to the UHD Pak reviews. I thought some of you were getting them late last week. I don't get mine till tomorrow.

Mine just got delivered. I will check it out when I get home and report.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 02:21 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

MSRP are way different from year to year. That is the issue there......... The F9000 is so close in price to HU8550 on the street, there is no way the F9000 is worth the cost..

Name one thing the 8550 does better than the F9000 with the new one connect. For sure, the F9000 will have the faster processor already on the HU9000 which almost certainly provides better upconversion among other advantages.

If I spend the 20-30 minutes it would probably take, I can find one post on this forum, around 3-4 weeks ago, where someone was faced with the decision on whether to buy the F9000 or UH 8550. He called Samsung Customer Service and put the question to them. The tech answered that the F9000 was the better display, especially with the addition of the one connect box.
post #543 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post

Thanks for the response.. mine had been 1125 for a while so I was just checking.

Also update to my HU9000 internal speaker issue - I haven't been able to resolve the vibrations coming from the back chassis that have been causing the distortions I was hearing through the internal TV speakers. I noticed the panel plastic along the bottom of my set had curved out causing some very noticeable gaps from the stainless steel trim. I think that was greatly contributing to the distortion because as i pressed along the back of the TV while audio was playing the distortion would decrease. Checked all the screws so it wasn't that anything was loose as far as I could tell. Reported the issue to Amazon and they're sending a replacement.. just hope I don't have any uniformity issues with the new set since mine has been perfectly uniform even at level 20 backlight and pumped up brightness (but for casual viewing I often use my TV speakers so this was a replaceable event for me).

I would be very careful about getting a replacement for this issue since you seem to have a near perfect screen. I have found the same issue on mine when watching House of cards. The starting music on the show has a lot of base and I have the same vibration issue at level 25 or more!! When I press the cabinet like you, it is better but it doesn't go away completely. I suspect all the sets are like that but others are probably using external speakers (I'm one of them but sometimes I just use the internal speakers).

Just my 2 cents
post #544 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tontondavid View Post

I would be very careful about getting a replacement for this issue since you seem to have a near perfect screen. I have found the same issue on mine when watching House of cards. The starting music on the show has a lot of base and I have the same vibration issue at level 25 or more!! When I press the cabinet like you, it is better but it doesn't go away completely. I suspect all the sets are like that but others are probably using external speakers (I'm one of them but sometimes I just use the internal speakers).

Just my 2 cents

i don't know if depend on the program you watching but i found that the speaker pretty loud for me even at 10 or 12 and its sound fine. so i can't tell you guy if this is the way it is for all set.
post #545 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 05:22 PM

Liked: 14
I tried out the UHD Pack. It was plug and play, as soon as I plugged it in to the USB 3.0 port, a menu popped up on the screen to watch the content. Watched a few minutes of each video, the movies are all letterbox and the travelogue videos are full screen. 4K looks as you would expect(fantastic). It wouldn't let me play The Counselor without entering a passcode(because its rated R) even though I have this setting set to off. The default passcode is 0000 (had to look in the manual to figure this out).
jbug likes this.
post #546 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 05:39 PM

Liked: 10

Purchased the TV a few weeks ago and it got delivered on Friday. Picture looks amazing however now everything looks like I am watching a soap opera. are there optimal settings to configure to turn things down?  sorry if it is already posted prior to this. I am on the site from my cell phone and not optimal for viewing through the existing posts. thanks for anyone's feedback. 

post #547 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusnyc View Post

I just got the UHD Video Pack. I connected it to the TV and it doesn't work. I can see the info for every title, but when I try to watch it I get a message that the file is not compatible. I tried in the three USB ports, and I get the same thing. What gives?. Anybody else having that issue?. I have Sofware version 1125 installed on the TV.

Update about this. After several tries (turning on and off the TV and connecting to different USB ports), I gave up and turned everything off. After a couple of hours I tried again and this time it worked!. Maybe it was related to an internet connection?. The instructions note that an internet connection is required to use the UHD Video Pack.

The quality of the films is great. I am very impressed with the reef documentary. The colors and details are incredible. It is a very good sample to showcase what a 4K tv can do. I think it is much better than anything available in YouTube or Netflix.

I wonder how Samsung is going to deliver more content for the Video Pack. I read somewhere that their intention was to keep adding new films and TV shows, but nobody knows how that is going to be delivered.

I also think that the PQ improved with the latest update (1125). I liked the TV before, but now I REALLY like it!
jbug likes this.
post #548 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by freyrand View Post

Purchased the TV a few weeks ago and it got delivered on Friday. Picture looks amazing however now everything looks like I am watching a soap opera. are there optimal settings to configure to turn things down?  sorry if it is already posted prior to this. I am on the site from my cell phone and not optimal for viewing through the existing posts. thanks for anyone's feedback. 

Try setting auto motion plus to "clear" in picture options.

Sammy 4k UN65HU9000 CURVED - Calman5 Calibrated" ------------- Oppo 103D for Blu Ray & SACD & DVD-A
Denon X4000 Audio Video Receiver
B&W 602 S3 & B&W HTM62 Center with Axiom QS4 surrounds ---------- SVS PB-1000 SUBWOOFER
post #549 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 07:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post

Name one thing the 8550 does better than the F9000 with the new one connect. For sure, the F9000 will have the faster processor already on the HU9000 which almost certainly provides better upconversion among other advantages.
For the $100-$200 extra, well worth the HDMI 2.0 and any other 4K new technology gain over 1 year wink.gif That's all I was talking about..... Otherwise you are right, just another Edge lit unit..... To each his own, everyone has an opinion.

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

/

/
post #550 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 08:03 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

For the $100-$200 extra, well worth the HDMI 2.0 and any other 4K new technology gain over 1 year wink.gif That's all I was talking about..... Otherwise you are right, just another Edge lit unit..... To each his own, everyone has an opinion.

I would not have posted if that was what you were saying. Your quote was "there is no way the F9000 is worth the cost"!
post #551 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My 2nd panel has been a great one but I have noticed that when any subtitles come up of like credits at the beginning of a show that the 2 bottom corners flash on quite a bit. Is there a way to stop this?
post #552 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz5000 View Post

My 2nd panel has been a great one but I have noticed that when any subtitles come up of like credits at the beginning of a show that the 2 bottom corners flash on quite a bit. Is there a way to stop this?

Several reviews noted this too. I don't think there is a fix, since the cinema black feature does not work when subtitles are in the letterbox.

Audio: Yamaha A-S1000 Stereo Amplifier // Kef LS50 Speakers // Energy EW8 Subwoofer
Video: Samsung 65in HU9000 UHD TV // Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray player // Apple TV (3G)
Power: Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner
Headphones: Bose AE2W // Klipsch Image x10
post #553 of 2492 Old 05-19-2014, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tontondavid View Post

Just my 2 cents

There are some other problems that make me want the switch. I noted that a review from the uk mentioned that they had 2 units, one demonstrated the audio problem, the other didn't so I don't think it's normal or common and for 4500 I think everything should be excellent. I was being told by people in the w850 thread (when I still had my w850) that it was normal for any panel larger than 55 to have vertical banding - of course that's completely bogus but sony fanboys see no wrong in sony sets. I could care less what brand my tv is as long as I get the best experience for the money. Really glad I got rid of the w850 as that issue was very distracting. That said, I just don't see why there should be any excuses made for a bad set. I have my external audio setup but if my tv can produce a enjoyable audio experience I'll def use it more and from everything I've read the speakers are supposed to be one of the best in the business (minus the sony xbr900 a/b with their full front firing speakers).

Audio: Yamaha A-S1000 Stereo Amplifier // Kef LS50 Speakers // Energy EW8 Subwoofer
Video: Samsung 65in HU9000 UHD TV // Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray player // Apple TV (3G)
Power: Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner
Headphones: Bose AE2W // Klipsch Image x10
post #554 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 01:56 AM

Hi all i'm going to order today my Samsung 65" 8500 from richer sounds £100 off

one other thing i have a two seater sofa 2m away from the tv will be on a stand is 96cm high custom made thick solid redwood timber stand has anyone got it mount to the wall

how does it look like higher then normal viewing hight ?

just like to know has any one got the perfect Calibration settings ?

i found this from AVForums

http://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-ue65hu8500-reviewers-recommended-best-settings.1867604/ )

Picture Mode: Movie

Backlight: 14

Contrast: 80

Brightness: 45

Sharpness: 0

Colour: 50

Tint: G50/R50

Picture Size

Picture Size: Screen Fit

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Black Tone: Off

Flesh Tone: 0

RGB Only Mode: Off

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R48, G0, B0; Green - R10, G54, B5; Blue - R0, G5, B48; Yellow - R51, G 49, B6; Cyan - R9, G55, B54; Magenta - R47, G0, B50)

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset 0, Green Offset 0, Blue Offset 0, Red Gain +1, Green Gain -5, Blue Gain +4

White Balance 10-Point: 10% - R2/G2/B-11, 20% - R0/G0/B-3, 30% - R-4/G7/B-2, 40% - R-4/G2/B0, 50% - R0/G0/B-1, 60% - R0/G0/B-7, 70% - R2/G0/B-1, 80% - R0/G0/B0, 90% - R-4/G0/B0, 10 - R-6/G0/B0

Gamma: +1

Expert Pattern: Off

Motion Lighting: Off

Picture Options

Colour Tone: Warm2

Digital Clean View: Off

MPEG Noise Filter: Off

HDMI Black Level: Low (If applicable)

Film Mode: Auto2 (If applicable)

Motion Plus: Off

Smart LED: Low

Cinema Black: On - Medium (with 2.35:1 movies)

thanks

post #555 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszilla View Post

I tried out the UHD Pack. It was plug and play, as soon as I plugged it in to the USB 3.0 port, a menu popped up on the screen to watch the content. Watched a few minutes of each video, the movies are all letterbox and the travelogue videos are full screen. 4K looks as you would expect(fantastic). It wouldn't let me play The Counselor without entering a passcode(because its rated R) even though I have this setting set to off. The default passcode is 0000 (had to look in the manual to figure this out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusnyc View Post

Update about this. After several tries (turning on and off the TV and connecting to different USB ports), I gave up and turned everything off. After a couple of hours I tried again and this time it worked!. Maybe it was related to an internet connection?. The instructions note that an internet connection is required to use the UHD Video Pack.

The quality of the films is great. I am very impressed with the reef documentary. The colors and details are incredible. It is a very good sample to showcase what a 4K tv can do. I think it is much better than anything available in YouTube or Netflix.

I wonder how Samsung is going to deliver more content for the Video Pack. I read somewhere that their intention was to keep adding new films and TV shows, but nobody knows how that is going to be delivered.

I also think that the PQ improved with the latest update (1125). I liked the TV before, but now I REALLY like it!

Thanks for the UHD Pak impressions. I look forward to checking it out this evening and thanks to Samsung for making this a freebie for HU9000 owners.
post #556 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 08:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post

I would not have posted if that was what you were saying. Your quote was "there is no way the F9000 is worth the cost"!
I do not always word things right wink.gif I do my best though.......

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #557 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAVGUY View Post

Hi all i'm going to order today my Samsung 65" 8500 from richer sounds £100 off

one other thing i have a two seater sofa 2m away from the tv will be on a stand is 96cm high custom made thick solid redwood timber stand has anyone got it mount to the wall
how does it look like higher then normal viewing hight ?

just like to know has any one got the perfect Calibration settings ?

i found this from AVForums
http://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-ue65hu8500-reviewers-recommended-best-settings.1867604/ )

Picture Mode: Movie

Backlight: 14

Contrast: 80

Brightness: 45

Sharpness: 0

Colour: 50

Tint: G50/R50

Picture Size

Picture Size: Screen Fit

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Black Tone: Off

Flesh Tone: 0

RGB Only Mode: Off

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R48, G0, B0; Green - R10, G54, B5; Blue - R0, G5, B48; Yellow - R51, G 49, B6; Cyan - R9, G55, B54; Magenta - R47, G0, B50)

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset 0, Green Offset 0, Blue Offset 0, Red Gain +1, Green Gain -5, Blue Gain +4

White Balance 10-Point: 10% - R2/G2/B-11, 20% - R0/G0/B-3, 30% - R-4/G7/B-2, 40% - R-4/G2/B0, 50% - R0/G0/B-1, 60% - R0/G0/B-7, 70% - R2/G0/B-1, 80% - R0/G0/B0, 90% - R-4/G0/B0, 10 - R-6/G0/B0

Gamma: +1

Expert Pattern: Off

Motion Lighting: Off

Picture Options

Colour Tone: Warm2

Digital Clean View: Off

MPEG Noise Filter: Off

HDMI Black Level: Low (If applicable)

Film Mode: Auto2 (If applicable)

Motion Plus: Off

Smart LED: Low

Cinema Black: On - Medium (with 2.35:1 movies)

thanks

All panels are slightly different. What works for one may not be correct for another. That being said use movie mode its most accurate. You can try someone else's settings if you want. If you don't like you can always reset.
I don't like that Gamma +1 setting you mentioned. I calibrated mine and if anything I feel that gamma should be on the negative side for this set.

I did notice that with the firmware 1125 update the light output in movie mode is much lower. I measured 36FL with a back light setting of 12 and now its 30FL.

Sammy 4k UN65HU9000 CURVED - Calman5 Calibrated" ------------- Oppo 103D for Blu Ray & SACD & DVD-A
B&W 602 S3 & B&W HTM62 Center with Axiom QS4 surrounds ---------- SVS PB-1000 SUBWOOFER
post #558 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 08:52 AM

thank you for the reply i will be receiving my HU8500 in the next 24 from Richer Sounds i placed the order only this lunch time so far top marks for service from Richer Sounds with £100 off and free delivery.

post #559 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAVGUY View Post

thank you for the reply i will be receiving my HU8500 in the next 24 from Richer Sounds i placed the order only this lunch time so far top marks for service from Richer Sounds with £100 off and free delivery.

Wow that is insanely fast. eek.gif

post #560 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 09:48 AM

yeah i can't fault Richer Sounds on Customer Service there great

post #561 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Well, I had to do it guys. After 3 weeks with the 55" model, my buyers remorse kicked in and I had to upgrade to a 65". You guys told me it would happen but I didn't believe you.

After watching a few movies with letterbox, the 55" just wasn't emersive enough and I had to go bigger. Hopefully the 65" feels just right.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Janibrewski likes this.
post #562 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post

Well, I had to do it guys. After 3 weeks with the 55" model, my buyers remorse kicked in and I had to upgrade to a 65". You guys told me it would happen but I didn't believe you.

After watching a few movies with letterbox, the 55" just wasn't emersive enough and I had to go bigger. Hopefully the 65" feels just right.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hugh difference IMO.
Janibrewski likes this.

post #563 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Very nice commercial, curved tv's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw2xfgu-oF4
tontondavid, Gusnyc and CrazyAVGUY like this.

Pioneer KRP-500M (Tweaked) + Oppo BDP-103 + Mcintosh MX121/MC207/MPC1500
B&W 803D2/HTM2D/805D2 + JL Audio Fathom F112

KRP-500M Tweak Guide :
post #564 of 2492 Old 05-20-2014, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone got a exact date on when the 78" well be in stock?
post #565 of 2492 Old 05-21-2014, 03:34 AM

Hi all i ordered my Tv yesterday launch time  and now i have it today i received it at 9:45am 

post #566 of 2492 Old 05-21-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al210 View Post

Try setting auto motion plus to "clear" in picture options.

Thanks for your reply, this setting did make a slight improvement, but it still gave me the weird soap opera look to the TV.  I did some more research last night and found a website with calibration settings from a technician, this seemed to do a temporary fix until i can get a calibration disc.  Again thanks for your reply, you pointed me in a new direction to research.

post #567 of 2492 Old 05-21-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ddlight View Post

Anyone got a exact date on when the 78" well be in stock?
There is never an exact date published, I did hear that a big retailer just got there last week so it should be any say !!

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #568 of 2492 Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyrand View Post

Thanks for your reply, this setting did make a slight improvement, but it still gave me the weird soap opera look to the TV.  I did some more research last night and found a website with calibration settings from a technician, this seemed to do a temporary fix until i can get a calibration disc.  Again thanks for your reply, you pointed me in a new direction to research.

Can you share your link with the rest of the owners here?

post #569 of 2492 Old 05-21-2014, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 36

Does anyone get DD5.1 audio from Netflix 4K app? I have a F9000 plus the new 2014 Evolution kit (SEK-2500U) and my TV thinks it's a HU9000 now (it uses the same firmware too). So now i also have the new Netflix 4k app, but i can't get DD5.1 audio for some reason. I'm using ARC and my receiver shows it is getting DD5.1, but i only get sound from two front speakers.

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-2500U/ZG (European firmware v1141.6)
post #570 of 2492 Old 05-21-2014, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Nope. Problem is in the Samsung Netflix App. Receiver shows 5.1 but for now its only two channel until they (Samsung) fix it.
poisike likes this.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page