**Official Samsung UHD Curved UNxxHU9000 Owners Thread ** - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1766 Old 05-26-2014, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have noticed something very alarming for a few days now: when I am watching action movies with moderately fast moving objects or people, I see some blocking effects around the object as the object moves across the screen. It is not judder but literally blocks (like compression artifacts) around the ojects/person on screen. I tried to play with the motion settings but it doesn't seem to help. Anyone else noticed this?
It is more visible if the subject is on a white or light background.

Help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1766 Old 05-26-2014, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tontondavid View Post

I have noticed something very alarming for a few days now: when I am watching action movies with moderately fast moving objects or people, I see some blocking effects around the object as the object moves across the screen. It is not judder but literally blocks (like compression artifacts) around the ojects/person on screen. I tried to play with the motion settings but it doesn't seem to help. Anyone else noticed this?
It is more visible if the subject is on a white or light background.

Help.

I noticed the same with my previous w850a Sony and M series Vizio.. sometimes the TV just can't keep up I've noticed this on 240hz sets and 120hz sets; the samsungs in general have poorer motion handling but I always though they have more punchy contrast (which i like).

Audio: Yamaha A-S1000 Stereo Amplifier // Kef LS50 Speakers // Energy EW8 Subwoofer
Video: Samsung 65in HU9000 UHD TV // Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray player // Apple TV (3G)
Power: Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner
Headphones: Bose AE2W // Klipsch Image x10
post #633 of 1766 Old 05-27-2014, 04:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post

Just FYI, Amazon did match the HSN price of $4k for my set +6% back in rewards.
Even that is a little high.........but not bad.
post #634 of 1766 Old 05-27-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post

That is a fantastic price.  The TV has dropped $1100 since it was introduced less than 3 months ago.  

I am going to try to get my price adjusted on the 65" I just recently ordered.  I paid $4500, seeing if I can at least get it down to $4300.  Have people had no problems getting their price adjusted if the price dropped a week or two after buying?  I bought from Pauls TV (fulfilled by amazon).

No problems with hhgregg. I've had two price adjustments from them totaling $754.00.
post #635 of 1766 Old 05-27-2014, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I picked up a new HU9000 over the weekend since they were on sale. So far the TV seems to work pretty well with one flaw - I'm hoping someone here might have some input.

When I attempt to run a software update from version 1003 (out of the box) to the current version listed 1125 via the internet, the TV screen just goes blank - no progress bar, no video signal, nothing - is this normal? The white "powered on" light has remained on, but the TV does not appear to respond to inputs from the remote. I'm terrified at the thought of unplugging the TV since I'd hate to brick it by interrupting the update.

From my experience with our previous Samsung TV (an F8000), when performing a software update there was a progress bar and a way to tell what step the update is on.

Anyone experience something like this? Any thoughts on what I should do? Just leave it as is?

Edit: just to be clear, it's been sitting on the blank screen for over 2 hours now.
post #636 of 1766 Old 05-27-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post

I noticed the same with my previous w850a Sony and M series Vizio.. sometimes the TV just can't keep up I've noticed this on 240hz sets and 120hz sets; the samsungs in general have poorer motion handling but I always though they have more punchy contrast (which i like).

This is a pretty bad flaw then because the scenes I am talking about are not even full of stuff and the subject doesn't move that fast.... Hopefully I can get passed that.

Thanks
post #637 of 1766 Old 05-27-2014, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vynn View Post

I picked up a new HU9000 over the weekend since they were on sale. So far the TV seems to work pretty well with one flaw - I'm hoping someone here might have some input.

When I attempt to run a software update from version 1003 (out of the box) to the current version listed 1125 via the internet, the TV screen just goes blank - no progress bar, no video signal, nothing - is this normal? The white "powered on" light has remained on, but the TV does not appear to respond to inputs from the remote. I'm terrified at the thought of unplugging the TV since I'd hate to brick it by interrupting the update.

From my experience with our previous Samsung TV (an F8000), when performing a software update there was a progress bar and a way to tell what step the update is on.

Anyone experience something like this? Any thoughts on what I should do? Just leave it as is?

Edit: just to be clear, it's been sitting on the blank screen for over 2 hours now.

I think you should call samsung support to make sure. One thing seem strange to me is that on the samsung site still showing 1123.5 so I think this 1125 is just a quick fix for someone who experiencing issue. Not sure if this 1125 need that 1123.5 first to run.
post #638 of 1766 Old 05-27-2014, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

What is the status? I would unplug and restart. Can't hurt since it's stuck.

Sammy 4k UN65HU9000 CURVED - Calman5 Calibrated" ------------- Oppo 103D for Blu Ray & SACD & DVD-A
Denon X4000 Audio Video Receiver
B&W 602 S3 & B&W HTM62 Center with Axiom QS4 surrounds ---------- SVS PB-1000 SUBWOOFER
post #639 of 1766 Old 05-27-2014, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Best Buy refunded another $200 today! Silver Elite has it's privileges.biggrin.gif
Joneszilla likes this.
post #640 of 1766 Old 05-27-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:

Mine has done the same thing on 2 upgrades, so far.
post #641 of 1766 Old 05-27-2014, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Yeah I got my $200 refund as well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Joneszilla likes this.
post #642 of 1766 Old 05-27-2014, 08:46 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by al210 View Post

What is the status? I would unplug and restart. Can't hurt since it's stuck.

So after about 4 hours I ended up pulling the plug. Had to attempt the update another 2 times before it worked (Same thing happened on the second attempt, 3rd time's the charm, apparently). When it did finally work, it gave me a progress bar with a status message as I would expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblaue View Post

Mine has done the same thing on 2 upgrades, so far.

My TV is showing version 1125 now, my hope is that the issue was merely a problem with the early firmware version and that future updates will go more smoothly. Next time I end up applying an update manually, I'll make sure to report on how it goes. If it's not a unique occurrence, I can see this as being a nightmare to run updates on...

post #643 of 1766 Old 05-28-2014, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Do any of you guys have any issue with the screen saver? I have an h8000 and I disabled the screen saver, but it still comes on and it happens on all sources. Sometimes 15 minutes into watching something or 4 hours in it would come on. It looks like a samsung logo behind a black screen and the logo moves all over the tv randomly.
post #644 of 1766 Old 05-28-2014, 06:57 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Best Buy refunded another $200 today! Silver Elite has it's privileges.biggrin.gif

Did you call and request or was it automatic? Is it 45 days for Elite Plus?
post #645 of 1766 Old 05-28-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszilla View Post

Did you call and request or was it automatic? Is it 45 days for Elite Plus?

I went in to the store. Their policy doesn't explicitly state that they price protect for the 45 days for Elite Plus. If they say anything, just tell them your going home to box the TV up, return it and buy back for the lower price. They didn't give a hard time, but I walked in with the game plan.
Joneszilla likes this.
post #646 of 1766 Old 05-28-2014, 09:41 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

I went in to the store. Their policy doesn't explicitly state that they price protect for the 45 days for Elite Plus. If they say anything, just tell them your going home to box the TV up, return it and buy back for the lower price. They didn't give a hard time, but I walked in with the game plan.

I called BB customer service with basically the same approach and it worked. I told them it was my understanding that Elite Plus Members get a 45 day price match. After a 15 minute wait, they got back on and said that was incorrect but they would give me the price match as a courtesy this one time. biggrin.gif
post #647 of 1766 Old 05-28-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszilla View Post

I called BB customer service with basically the same approach and it worked. I told them it was my understanding that Elite Plus Members get a 45 day price match. After a 15 minute wait, they got back on and said that was incorrect but they would give me the price match as a courtesy this one time. biggrin.gif

One time courtesy..... Hmmmm..Me thinks they may rethinking their policy. Of course, to the customer's disadvantage.rolleyes.gif
post #648 of 1766 Old 05-28-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansingh7326 View Post

Do any of you guys have any issue with the screen saver? I have an h8000 and I disabled the screen saver, but it still comes on and it happens on all sources. Sometimes 15 minutes into watching something or 4 hours in it would come on. It looks like a samsung logo behind a black screen and the logo moves all over the tv randomly.

I have the same issue with my h9000. Called Samsung yesterday and they said they are aware of this and will come out with a new firmware in the next few weeks....

Cheers
post #649 of 1766 Old 05-28-2014, 04:12 PM

So I took Amazon up on their offer to keep the HU9000 with the bezel alignment problem for an additional 10% back - with the most recent $4k price match, 6% amazon credit, and the free UHD video pack this thing came out to be a steal (if only Amazon didn't charge tax in my state this would have been sweeter).. Was wavering between the 900B but I can't imagine the Sony is doing anything $1400 better than the Samsung in terms of picture quality - the curve does really add the perception of a larger TV which is a bonus.

Audio: Yamaha A-S1000 Stereo Amplifier // Kef LS50 Speakers // Energy EW8 Subwoofer
Video: Samsung 65in HU9000 UHD TV // Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray player // Apple TV (3G)
post #650 of 1766 Old 05-28-2014, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Strange things happening... TV is turning off and on every 15 minutes for the last hour, anybody else doing this?

post #651 of 1766 Old 05-28-2014, 11:33 PM

wonder if any owner of the hu9000 experience one pop noise (inside the tv) every single time after turn on the tv and watch it for about 30min to an hour. i thought its could be the the tv heating up and the material expand but its so consistent and only one sound and thats it. no matter how long you watching it later, though nothing wrong with the picture or anything but samsung tv known i the past with the capacitor issue.
post #652 of 1766 Old 05-29-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl2k2 View Post

wonder if any owner of the hu9000 experience one pop noise (inside the tv) every single time after turn on the tv and watch it for about 30min to an hour. i thought its could be the the tv heating up and the material expand but its so consistant and only one sound and thats it. no matter how long you watching it later, though nothing wrong with the picture or anything but samsung tv known i the pass with the capacitor issue.

Didn't notice this issue with either set I had.

post #653 of 1766 Old 05-29-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceiv View Post

HI,
Just saw that a retailer that had listed the availability date as June 2nd, pushed the date back to June 17th for the 78". Either they sold their initial allotment, or Samsung has delayed shipping. Any other info from others (Cleveland Plasma)?
Alex
It takes a while to get supply out there. Lets say every dealer and every storefront just gets one unit. That's probably 5000 units right there and keep in mind that is one unit for each dealer or store ! How many fit in a truck ? How many units are manufactured a day ? Think of the supply chain and how long it takes to get filled..... Then if there are production issues......... eek.gif
post #654 of 1766 Old 05-29-2014, 09:48 AM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0z77 View Post

Strange things happening... TV is turning off and on every 15 minutes for the last hour, anybody else doing this?
Update... talked to Samsung support they are sending a tech out to see if they can fix this problem... anybody else having this issue?

post #655 of 1766 Old 05-29-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0z77 View Post

Update... talked to Samsung support they are sending a tech out to see if they can fix this problem... anybody else having this issue?

the tv auto reboot one time on me while i gaming on the ps4 with game mode effect, but just that one time since i owned the tv for one month. just hope this just like computer crash sometime since this is a smart tv and the firmware still new. i went to costco and got the 5 years square trade coverage just in case.
post #656 of 1766 Old 05-29-2014, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone try running their HD TV signal from the cable box (Verizon, Comcast, Tivo, etc) thru their Oppo and let the Oppo up convert the signal to 4K? I wonder if this would take some load off the TV's processor and help with some of these minor problems we are seeing with motion and clouding.

Sammy 4k UN65HU9000 CURVED - Calman5 Calibrated" ------------- Oppo 103D for Blu Ray & SACD & DVD-A
B&W 602 S3 & B&W HTM62 Center with Axiom QS4 surrounds ---------- SVS PB-1000 SUBWOOFER
post #657 of 1766 Old 05-30-2014, 11:22 AM

Liked: 12
My tv is turning off and on by itself-I have three days left on the return policy.Scheduled to be picked up next Tuesday.I would love to keep it if there is an easy fix-please keep us posted! Ron ps. did this three times last night in approx 4 hours.
post #658 of 1766 Old 05-30-2014, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Samsung customer service scores an F!
Service tech was scheduled to look at my sets flash lighting problem. I was given a 1-4 pm window. Took off a half day of work and tech never showed or called. Now I still have a TV problem and now also lost a half vacation day. Thanks a lot Samsung! Idiots!

post #659 of 1766 Old 05-30-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnyder005 View Post

My tv is turning off and on by itself-I have three days left on the return policy.Scheduled to be picked up next Tuesday.I would love to keep it if there is an easy fix-please keep us posted! Ron ps. did this three times last night in approx 4 hours.

Have you tried resetting the TV?
post #660 of 1766 Old 05-30-2014, 08:29 PM

Liked: 12
I have deceided to keep the tv and hope for the best.No problem at all tonight with the reboot issue-hopefully it was just a hic-cup.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page