Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 01:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettF77 View Post
Was at best buy today and spoke with a very knowledgable guy there. Basically the Samsung actually seems to be the set they push. He had seen some early prototypes of the Panasonic AX900. Said it would beat the socks off any other set. But it would also cost upwards of 9000 or 10k for a 65". That's a bit rich for me. So I'm thinking the Samsung may actually be the panel to go with now.

What was funny was how two Sony reps were there (one who looked and knew about as much as a kid who was barely put of diapers) and we were talking about how terrible the quality has gotten on the Sony sets and how they are seemingly taking the spot for highest rate of returns on TV sets. I thought this interesting, but given how their customer service is as bad as it is, nothing really surprised.

It's just so hard to see how deep the blacks are on these TV sets because they crank the in store lighting. Which is irritating to gauge what these sets look like in their natural element. But the depth on the Sammy 9000 is impressive. Especially on the 78". Any big no no's I should be aware of on the 9000?
Not to put down Sony, cause I like them as a company have had and enjoyed their TVs in the past, but the CEVA delivery guy that delivered my HU9000 from Amazon noted that the majority of their returns are also Sony.. So I guess they aren't doing so well in the satisfaction department (I personally also returned last years Sony 850a after some terrible banding problems on 2 sets); happy with my Samsung.

Audio: Yamaha A-S1000 Stereo Amp // Kef LS50s // 2x SVS SB2000
Analog:Pro-Ject RM5.1SE Turntable // Pro-Ject Tube Box II SE Phono Amp // Pro-ject Speed Box II
Video: Samsung 65in HU9000 4k // Oppo BDP-105 // Apple TV (3G)
Power: Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 01:27 AM

Just saw this, but it looks like Samsung has officially raised the price of the HU9000. Its gone up to $4500 from $4300.. Amazon + Best Buy have also raised their prices, other authorized dealers will likely follow suit.

Im guessing this is because of all the praise the HU9000 has received + Sony hasn't discounted their sets yet.

Analog:Pro-Ject RM5.1SE Turntable // Pro-Ject Tube Box II SE Phono Amp // Pro-ject Speed Box II

Last edited by Ahzari; 07-07-2014 at 01:32 AM.
post #1263 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTAsnake View Post
So heres the thing. Both Microsoft and Sony said their consoles can do 4K which is a half truth at best. In reality the AMD Jaguar they both run on is only capable of UHD at 24fps for video playback (and not games) and only using old codecs like H.264 and VC1 which means no H.265 which is going to be the standard for UHD. Unless there is a hardware revision of the consoles with a hardware H.265 decoder and a 4K Blu-ray compatible drive you may as well not even think about 4K on the current gen consoles.
Yes sir, they jumped too early to get these systems out ahead of each other. Both were not counting on 4K taking off. With Xbox being equal to Radeon 7790 graphics and the PS4 at Radeon 7850, there isn't enough horsepower to drive games at 4K period. They would have needed a decent 4K upscaler in each system. A Geforce 780Ti/Radeon R290X alone is hardly pushing 30 fps at 4K. You have to dual card these systems to push decent 4K frame rates. Xbox One was way behind on their specs. Can't even push 1080p in new games like Titanfall where it is locked at 900p.

At least when I get the 78" UH9000 my pc will be able to run games at native resolution. Shame these "next gen" consoles won't be able to. I honestly feel my family's Xbox One is a waste.

Cool Beans.
post #1264 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespa View Post
Question for you all:

I've got a Sonos Soundbar hooked up to my 65HU9000, and all is working - BUT the Smart Control (the little gyroscope one) won't control the audio.

The regular (long) Samsung remote will control it, but no go on the Smart One.

I've got MENU > Sound > Speaker Settings > TV Sound Output set to AUDIO OUT since the Sonos is connected via Optical to the One Connect Box.

Not sure what else to do.

Also, I've got a Harmony Touch remote and when setting up the remote, I wanted to create a custom activity to go straight to Netflix. When building the custom steps and I choose the Samsung TV, there is Netflix command. I thought would cut right to the chase and open up Netflix.

Alas, that does not work. Any luck there?
Ive had the same problem with my playbar setup n found this on the sonos site. I haven't tried it but hopefully it will work.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answe...-smart-remotes
post #1265 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I don't see a price rise on Amazon, still $4297
post #1266 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontondavid View Post
Warning to people who just bought their set:

I would HIGHLY recommend that you do NOT upgrade to 1140. If you have 1135, it is the most stable firmware I found. 1140 has so many problems with Netflix and AUDIO!! I used to be able to pass through dolby 5.1 from my blurry player or PS4 through the optical cable and once I upgraded to 1140, it was GONE! I tried resetting the TV like 10 times, no success. Even the 1124 firmware has audio problems. The only one that worked really well for me was 1135.

Upgrade at your own risks as you cannot downgrade per Samsung tech support!!

Cheers.

UPDATE: After messing with the TV this evening, it turns out that the culprit is the new version of the Netflix app!! The one that was updated on 7/3/14! Now the audio part I cannot explain.
At any rate, I reseted the smart hub before updating to 1140 and now, the TV is completely screwed!! All the apps are GONE and I CANOOT install any apps, I get a message saying the function is not available!
Has anyone else experienced this??
Lesson learned: Don't do a hub reset before updating to the latest firmware!!
BTW, I called Samsung tech support and they were clueless! Great......this is completely ruining the TV experience!
Ok, I have fixed my problem on my own, without the help of Samsung worthless tech support.
I actually had to enter the service menu. If you have this issue, just pm me and I'll walk you through.

I'm back in business!
post #1267 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post
Just saw this, but it looks like Samsung has officially raised the price of the HU9000. Its gone up to $4500 from $4300.. Amazon + Best Buy have also raised their prices, other authorized dealers will likely follow suit.

Im guessing this is because of all the praise the HU9000 has received + Sony hasn't discounted their sets yet.
I think its also to give the 8700 some room to breath
post #1268 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tontondavid View Post
Ok, I have fixed my problem on my own, without the help of Samsung worthless tech support.
I actually had to enter the service menu. If you have this issue, just pm me and I'll walk you through.

I'm back in business!
Did you actually fix Netflix only outputting Stereo?

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
post #1269 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 08:33 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorange303 View Post
Both ps4 and XboxOne should get updates to do 4k. It has been confirmed by Microsoft and Sony has touched the topic.

No lag issues. Play both fine. I use standard mode.

Unless they have HDMI 2.0 (pretty sure they don't), they can't get updates to 4k (even if they had a bigger processor and h.265)) unless color is limited to YCbCr4:2:0.

Last edited by rlb; 07-07-2014 at 08:41 AM.
post #1270 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post
Yes sir, they jumped too early to get these systems out ahead of each other. Both were not counting on 4K taking off. With Xbox being equal to Radeon 7790 graphics and the PS4 at Radeon 7850, there isn't enough horsepower to drive games at 4K period. They would have needed a decent 4K upscaler in each system. A Geforce 780Ti/Radeon R290X alone is hardly pushing 30 fps at 4K. You have to dual card these systems to push decent 4K frame rates. Xbox One was way behind on their specs. Can't even push 1080p in new games like Titanfall where it is locked at 900p.

You're getting the size of set I'm looking at. Can you post what your thoughts on this set are when you get them. I see a ton of 65" reviews, but I'm looking at the big one. Blacks, light bleed, banding, and display response time for gaming are all questions I'm still toying with.

At least when I get the 78" UH9000 my pc will be able to run games at native resolution. Shame these "next gen" consoles won't be able to. I honestly feel my family's Xbox One is a waste.
Quote:
Not to put down Sony, cause I like them as a company have had and enjoyed their TVs in the past, but the CEVA delivery guy that delivered my HU9000 from Amazon noted that the majority of their returns are also Sony.. So I guess they aren't doing so well in the satisfaction department (I personally also returned last years Sony 850a after some terrible banding problems on 2 sets); happy with my Samsung.
The best buy delivery guys even told me the same thing that they are taking a lot of the Sony television sets back on return. Evidently the masses are not very impressed with Sony anymore and I cannot say I'm very surprised.
post #1271 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahunar View Post
Ive had the same problem with my playbar setup n found this on the sonos site. I haven't tried it but hopefully it will work.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answe...-smart-remotes
Thanks. I'll give this a spin.
post #1272 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
The best buy delivery guys even told me the same thing that they are taking a lot of the Sony television sets back on return. Evidently the masses are not very impressed with Sony anymore and I cannot say I'm very surprised.
I had Sony's last year 4k set and had three sets returned. The same guys picked up all three sets and also said they pick up and return more Sony sets than any other. Upon delivering set #2 they joked about seeing me soon and they did.
post #1273 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
Unless they have HDMI 2.0 (pretty sure they don't),
Yep, HDMI 1.4 on both.

I'm a gamer, I may not know TV's and Receivers as well as many of you guys but I know my game consoles. The X1 and PS4 will only do 4K at 24fps on current hardware. One odd thing to note about the X1 is it actually has a 30bit and 36bit colour mode right now. It's debatable as to if it actually does anything. On my F8500 everything looked the same in 36bit mode as in normal 24bit mode.

Samsung UA55HU9000, Klipsch Quintet 5.1, Onkyo TX-NR515AE, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U. Plus a bunch of old consoles.
XBL: DELTAprime, PSN: DELTAsnake, Wii U: DELTAprime
post #1274 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked: 1697
Quote:
What was funny was how two Sony reps were there (one who looked and knew about as much as a kid who was barely put of diapers) and we were talking about how terrible the quality has gotten on the Sony sets and how they are seemingly taking the spot for highest rate of returns on TV sets. I thought this interesting, but given how their customer service is as bad as it is, nothing really surprised.
So you're telling us that the Sony reps were talking about how terrible their quality had become and how they'd taken the spot for the highest rate of returns on their displays. The Sony guys said this? A bit hard to believe to be honest.
Citivas likes this.
post #1275 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 708
Quote:
Either way, that is expensive......
post #1276 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post
I had Sony's last year 4k set and had three sets returned. The same guys picked up all three sets and also said they pick up and return more Sony sets than any other. Upon delivering set #2 they joked about seeing me soon and they did.
Hahaha! I've talked with Sony corp executive relations and the service is really just humorous at best. Have you tried unplugging the set. Have you changed the channel. After the gauntlet it just keeps going downhill. I escalated and their top tier service reps are basically bothered by their customers daring to call and ask for a resolution. Plus how so many store employees go on about how many sony sets get returned. I think sony has succeeded in notoriety. Just not the kind they probably wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
So you're telling us that the Sony reps were talking about how terrible their quality had become and how they'd taken the spot for the highest rate of returns on their displays. The Sony guys said this? A bit hard to believe to be honest.
I was saying how the store management has so little regard for Sony and is aware of how many products customers return made by Sony that they basically treat the Sony reps like redheaded step-children. They commented how arrogant Sony staff are and how it's justified based on how many people come back wanting to get a refund or get an exchange for a competitors brand. Especially after customers contact Sony customer support. Hope that clarifies for you.
post #1277 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 10:29 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Yep, HDMI 1.4 on both.

The X1 and PS4 will only do 4K at 24fps on current hardware.

My original point wasn't complete. At 24fps HDMI 1.4 can handle 4k with 4:4:4 or 4:2:2. However, at 60fps, color with 4k HDMI 1.4 must be reduced to the more condensed 4:2:0.
post #1278 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 11:06 AM

Liked: 0
I hate to thread crap, but I feel it's important to be transparent about my recent inquiry. I contacted another competitor about meeting or beating the price of a Samsung 55HU9000 that was offered by Cleveland Plasma. He stated that CP was NOT an authorized reseller. In fact, he supplied me with an "Unauthorized List of Resellers". While CP may be a great company and offer great prices, I don't think risking $$$$ on a "gray" market TV that may or may be covered by Samsung is worth it.

Here's a link of the Samsung's Buyer Beware list:
http://www.pcrichard.com/images/prom...sung-04-01.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung View Post

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA, INC.

85 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
201-229-4000

Buyer Beware of Purchases made from Unauthorized Samsung Resellers

Samsung products are sold across the United States to a network of
Samsung Authorized Resellers. These resellers have been selected by Samsung Electronics America as the most qualified stores to represent our products to you. This network of resellers has been educated by Samsung to offer the best possible product training, accurate product and promotional information, and appropriately represent Samsung products both in their store and on their websites. These authorized resellers receive, store, and ship products in a manner recommended by Samsung to avoid damage to the product ultimately received by the customer. In many cases, these resellers have the authority and training to properly service your Samsung product.
Unfortunately for customers, Samsung products are, at times, advertised and sold by companies that are not authorized. Samsung products obtained by these companies are not purchased from Samsung, but may instead be obtained through a secondary “gray” market. These goods could possibly be defective, damaged, “B” stock goods, counterfeit products, or even stolen goods.

Samsung strongly urges consumers to only purchase from Samsung Authorized Resellers. Please visit
www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind view a list of authorized resellers, or call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864).

The following resellers are
NOT authorized resellers to sell Samsung products (list is not conclusive).
1.EastCoastTVs.com
2.Alltimetvs.com
3.Abesofmaine.com
4.PowersellerNYC.com
5.**********.com (this forum won't show it, but it's Best Buy Pcs.com)
6.Buysquad.com
7.Bigboxsuperstore.com
8.TVsuperstores.com
9.Thenerds.net
10.Costcentral.com
11.Greystoneappliance.com
12.Ibuysonline.com
13.Clevelandplasma.com
14.Overstock.com
15.Plasma Buddy
16.Fumfie.com

A Word About Online Marketplaces such as Amazon.com:
Please note that Amazon.com is a Samsung Authorized Reseller, but it is important to note that not all 3rd party resellers of Samsung products on Amazon.com are authorized. When purchasing on Amazon.com it is important to notice which reseller (Amazon.com, or another marketplace vendor) you are actually purchasing product from. This information can be found under “seller information” on the product page. If you are uncertain if a reseller is authorized, please visit www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmindto view a list of authorized resellers, or call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864).

Last edited by mc87; 07-07-2014 at 06:57 PM.
post #1279 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc87 View Post
I hate to thread crap, but I feel it's important to be transparent about my recent inquiry. I contacted another competitor about meeting or beating the price of a Samsung 55HU9000 that was offered by Cleveland Plasma. He stated that CP was NOT an authorized reseller. In fact, he supplied me with an "Unauthorized List of Resellers". While CP may be a great company and offer great prices, I don't think risking $$$$ on a gray market TV that may or may be covered by Samsung is worth it.

Here's a link of the Samsung's Buyer Beware list:
http://www.pcrichard.com/images/prom...sung-04-01.pdf
Here is the thing about authorized resellers. It really doesn't matter. It's just a ploy they use to get you to buy it at a higher price. I could care less what these manufacturers say because it isn't your best interests that they have at heart. It's dollar signs. And equally so, getting the best deal on one is what is important to me as well. CP may not be authorized, but he does care about his public image. Whereas Best Buy is a authorized dealer and they could care less if someone got on Nat'l news and blasted their store.

Sometimes paying more at a bigger store isn't a plus. Thats also why you have credit cards that protect the buy from fraudulent activity if you need that safeguard. I haven't seen anyone on here have issues with CP or have issues that he didn't try and resolve. Try and dig some dirt up. I'd be willing to guess you won't find anything.

I'll also add, how often do you call a company up like samsung and out of the goodness of their hearts they bend over backwards and take care of you? If you get a set and it's bad, CP will behave as most etailers will. You use the exchange period like any other. Beyond that, any authorized retailer is going to tell you to deal with the manufacturer, at which you will likely always exceed the one year warranty that comes with the tv and both authorized sellers and grey market as you call him sell extended warranties. They don't care about where you bought it. I know my CC company doesn't on my warranty extension. They just want to know what I bought, what the warranty was, and how they need to repair/replace it.

So the argument they gave you is flawed and self serving. Hope that helps.

Last edited by BarrettF77; 07-07-2014 at 12:02 PM.
post #1280 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 709
I called LG and asked about authorized dealers and they stated if you have a receipt of purchase we honer your warranty. BB does not know what customer service is anymore.

I wish LG had a great 4K set because there is no better customer service.

Last edited by Vegas oled; 07-07-2014 at 12:24 PM.
post #1281 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked: 236
I bought my tv from abes of maine. I get my official 4k uhd movie pack in 1 to 2 weeks.

So I still got an official promotion. They accepted the purchase no problem.

The tv was perfect. I mean I got a review set. So accept for the extra $ I didnt plan for id do it again with a 3rd party.
post #1282 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 04:46 PM

Liked: 0
I just wanted to give a heads up. I bought a new product from a 3rd party seller before and I got burned when the product stopped working after a month (it was a router). The manufacturer refused to honor the warranty because the seller wasn't on their authorized seller list. That's why I'm very hesitant about buying something worth THOUSANDS from an unauthorized reseller.

Last edited by mc87; 07-07-2014 at 06:59 PM.
post #1283 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I think as long as the seller has a reputation for honoring returns, you're in decent shape.

from what I understand, CP accepts returns for defective sets.
post #1284 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Did you actually fix Netflix only outputting Stereo?
I never had a problem with Netflix outputting in stereo so I'm not sure if it would fix it. Sorry
post #1285 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Yep, HDMI 1.4 on both.

I'm a gamer, I may not know TV's and Receivers as well as many of you guys but I know my game consoles. The X1 and PS4 will only do 4K at 24fps on current hardware. One odd thing to note about the X1 is it actually has a 30bit and 36bit colour mode right now. It's debatable as to if it actually does anything. On my F8500 everything looked the same in 36bit mode as in normal 24bit mode.
There is not single PS4 or Xbox1 game support 4K resolution and barely few TRUE 1080p. 4K games will take a lot of memory, CPU, and graphic card run 4K at 24fps or 60fps. It's impossible for current Xbox1 or PS4 right now.
post #1286 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahro View Post
I don't see a price rise on Amazon, still $4297
There are other sellers selling for $4300 on Amazon (thats the price you are seeing - make sure it says ships/sold by Amazon, not just fulfilled by Amazon), in any case official Amazon.com fulfillment has raised its prices to $4500 as have other authorized resellers because Samsung has officially raised its prices. I believe the decrease in price was a promotion along with the UHD drive to increase sales, now that the promotion is over guess prices are back up.

post #1287 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuza View Post
There is not single PS4 or Xbox1 game support 4K resolution and barely few TRUE 1080p. 4K games will take a lot of memory, CPU, and graphic card run 4K at 24fps or 60fps. It's impossible for current Xbox1 or PS4 right now.
As I said in my original reply to the guy saying that they can do 4K. They are only capable of 4K video at the minimum 4K at 24fps with standard colour space. Games are out of the question. I know that.
post #1288 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
I called LG and asked about authorized dealers and they stated if you have a receipt of purchase we honer your warranty. BB does not know what customer service is anymore.

I wish LG had a great 4K set because there is no better customer service.
I spoke to 3 different LG reps on 3 occasions, and one by chat, and all said the opposite. They all said they only honor the warranty if purchased from an authorized reseller. They said if a reseller can prove that the acquired the set from an authorized distributor it would also be honored but if not the warranty is void.

One of them even went further. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but the LG supervisor offered to call while I was on hold a seller popular here to determine whether they would honor the warranty. They said they reached this company and asked who their distributor was and were refused an answer. They told me that they could not assure they would honor a warranty purchase from this company. They were clear that they may, if it could later be proven the distributor was authorized, but since that information wasn't provided to them I would be taking my chances.

Last edited by Citivas; 07-07-2014 at 05:57 PM.
post #1289 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Here is the thing about authorized resellers. It really doesn't matter. It's just a ploy they use to get you to buy it at a higher price. I could care less what these manufacturers say because it isn't your best interests that they have at heart. It's dollar signs. And equally so, getting the best deal on one is what is important to me as well. CP may not be authorized, but he does care about his public image. Whereas Best Buy is a authorized dealer and they could care less if someone got on Nat'l news and blasted their store.

Sometimes paying more at a bigger store isn't a plus. Thats also why you have credit cards that protect the buy from fraudulent activity if you need that safeguard. I haven't seen anyone on here have issues with CP or have issues that he didn't try and resolve. Try and dig some dirt up. I'd be willing to guess you won't find anything.

I'll also add, how often do you call a company up like samsung and out of the goodness of their hearts they bend over backwards and take care of you? If you get a set and it's bad, CP will behave as most etailers will. You use the exchange period like any other. Beyond that, any authorized retailer is going to tell you to deal with the manufacturer, at which you will likely always exceed the one year warranty that comes with the tv and both authorized sellers and grey market as you call him sell extended warranties. They don't care about where you bought it. I know my CC company doesn't on my warranty extension. They just want to know what I bought, what the warranty was, and how they need to repair/replace it.

So the argument they gave you is flawed and self serving. Hope that helps.
I think you are being caviler in your statement. Several of the manufactures have been enforcing policies of not honoring warranties from unauthorized resellers. Just Google. Check out the BBB site on Samsung, etc. It's peppered with people complaining that Samsung refused them warranty service because their receipt was from an unauthorized seller. I have a lawyer friend who said they were within their legal rights, especially when they declare in the fine print of their warranties that they only honor products purchased with valid receipts from authorized dealers. So it's not just blowing smoke by the authorized dealers. Now whether they could be legally challenged on this I am still curious about. I couldn't find any precedent case in a previous albeit limited search. And it almost certainly depends on your individual state's laws. I have asked those who post here previously who believe they can't enforce this policy to link to the applicable law preventing it and have yet to see anyone do so. All I know is that Samsung and others are in fact declining to honor warranties in some cases. Whether they can get away with this if legally challenged I can't say. It also appears that people have different experiences so as with most things being the squeaky wheel probably helps. And some people advice quickly registering the product after purchase and say that if they accept your registration -- and you get some acknowledgement, that you are covered, but again I haven't seen any legal basis for this so far though if someone wants to find it, great.

I'm not suggesting someone shouldn't buy from non-authorized sellers, and I have no reason to doubt CP specifically. But buyers should have eyes wide open that they may be in for a fight on warranty coverage.

Also, you state that any retailer will tell you to deal with the manufacture, but again that's not really apples-to-oranges. A place like Costco or Sams's Club will give you a 90-day, no-fault ability to return a product for any reason. That's absolute leverage over them or the manufacture if something is not right to you, no matter how minor. Most non-authorized sellers don't have a no-fault return policy at all. Some have policies for immediately dealing with lemons within a much smaller window, but many will tell you to test the set not he spot with the delivery people giving you grief, and refuse delivery if you are not satisfied. That's a radically different policy. And as for dealing with the manufacture, again, you may or may not be in for a fight on their honoring the warranty.
Ahzari likes this.

Last edited by Citivas; 07-07-2014 at 05:53 PM.
post #1290 of 3585 Old 07-07-2014, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
There are other sellers selling for $4300 on Amazon (thats the price you are seeing - make sure it says ships/sold by Amazon, not just fulfilled by Amazon), in any case official Amazon.com fulfillment has raised its prices to $4500 as have other authorized resellers because Samsung has officially raised its prices. I believe the decrease in price was a promotion along with the UHD drive to increase sales, now that the promotion is over guess prices are back up.
Right, you are. Funny when I search for the 9000, Amazon brings you to other company's page that still has the old price. I'd think they'd bring up the 'sold and fulfilled by Amazon' page first.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page