**Official Samsung UHD Curved UNxxHU9000 Owners Thread ** - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1531 of 2424 Old 07-16-2014, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Pics2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	165913  
Mrorange303 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1532 of 2424 Old 07-16-2014, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Pic3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	284.1 KB
ID:	165921  
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1533 of 2424 Old 07-16-2014, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
I'll be winding up the pics. It's been good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	165937  
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1534 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Senior Member
 
thewayacts92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorange303 View Post
Yeah and I have little time to really appreciate the set. So why pay for my kids to watch cartoons in hd. They see it upscaling I guess. Basic 480i cable is free. I just dont watch it.

But I agree. I cant imagine paying 150 a montg for content you cant keep. Imagine how many bluray movies that gets you. And I go to trades mart. Buy 1 get the 2nd for $1. All used blurays. Most new ones I get for $25 because I get 3d and bluray.

I have apple tv with air play and ipads. Xbox one. Ps4.

Now netflix 4k. Soon more.

I just gotta choose my time and what I do wisely.
But you should be getting HD over the air channels. I kind of do the same thing. We live at school and can't have cable. We bought a digital antenna and since we live right in Dallas, we get all local channels in HD (No compression!) and they look amazing. About 12-15 channels in HD. Plus Netflix, blue rays, PS3. I like it this way better. I don't want over 250 plus channels when I only end up watching 5 of them. 5 of my favorite channels are free anyway and in HD! I barely have time to enjoy all the content I have now

Last edited by thewayacts92; 07-17-2014 at 12:34 AM.
thewayacts92 is offline  
post #1535 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Member
 
MauriSSio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorange303 View Post
Pics2
Why are you taking pics of your tv? We all have the same tv and know how great it looks

Last edited by MauriSSio; 07-17-2014 at 01:23 AM.
MauriSSio is offline  
post #1536 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 05:53 AM
Senior Member
 
spicaly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post
Why are you taking pics of your tv? We all have the same tv and know how great it looks
There are a lot of non owners viewing this thread as perspective buyers
spicaly is offline  
post #1537 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post
Why are you taking pics of your tv? We all have the same tv and know how great it looks
Why does it matter?

Whats it to you?

How does my pics effect you?

I take pics with all kinds of scenarios.

I might post more. You may not want to be here later then.

Thread sheriff. Wow. has to tell others what to do.
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1538 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
And in case anyone else wants to know why I post pics because I like pics of my tv.

I have no other motive. I just like it. Dont like it? Welcome to technology and how people use it differently. We are not the same.


We dont have to be.
mikegaudiello and jdh62 like this.
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1539 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayacts92 View Post
But you should be getting HD over the air channels. I kind of do the same thing. We live at school and can't have cable. We bought a digital antenna and since we live right in Dallas, we get all local channels in HD (No compression!) and they look amazing. About 12-15 channels in HD. Plus Netflix, blue rays, PS3. I like it this way better. I don't want over 250 plus channels when I only end up watching 5 of them. 5 of my favorite channels are free anyway and in HD! I barely have time to enjoy all the content I have now
I do. Great picture.
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1540 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
You know why I did this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	409.1 KB
ID:	166106  
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1541 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
westa6969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: From Michigan now Retired to Naples, FL
Posts: 6,911
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorange303 View Post
And in case anyone else wants to know why I post pics because I like pics of my tv.

I have no other motive. I just like it. Dont like it? Welcome to technology and how people use it differently. We are not the same.


We dont have to be.
Just who are you to foster and nurture a Happy owners thread on AVS spreading this LED Happiness propaganda in the wake of the death of plasma and birth of OLED!

Just tragic and may become contagious when someone boldly posts happy pics that don't have banding, blotches, dead pixels, blooming and gray screens to shame LCD's.

Dammit! Cease and Desist otherwise we'll have to put the music of "Happy" with your pic's MrOrange.

However, we'll gladly accept many pic's of Kate Upton and other Hot Babes in UHD to truly give us a truly happy ending.

LOL! We have an abundance of naysayers and doubting Thomases here and it's refreshing to see some Love and pride for peoples HT's on AVS as it can be a short honeymoon and rare to witness ANY abundance of Happy on these threads - Enjoy and continue your pandering to the HT hopefuls. You are hereby awarded the

HAPPY AWARD!

Ken Ross, spicaly, jdh62 and 2 others like this.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's

Last edited by westa6969; 07-17-2014 at 07:19 AM.
westa6969 is online now  
post #1542 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I haven't bought a set yet and I'm still on the fence. So your pics helps a lot. It shows how the set looks in the home and gives a good idea of what your getting. I appreciate the pics it helps a lot in the decision making process when there's so many choices right now. Don't worry about what others say it's an open forum and an owners thread it's made to help out prospective owners make a choice of whether this is the tv for them or not.
Mrorange303 likes this.
Rf13 is online now  
post #1543 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: New york, NY
Posts: 1,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorange303 View Post
You know why I did this.
Okay, lets all chill. Pics are fine, skip them if you'd like, but Mrorange, you don't need 3 posts to defend yourself. Sorry for butting in, but hopefully we can keep the board friendly.
vddobrev and Ahzari like this.
ahro is online now  
post #1544 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahro View Post
Okay, lets all chill. Pics are fine, skip them if you'd like, but Mrorange, you don't need 3 posts to defend yourself. Sorry for butting in, but hopefully we can keep the board friendly.
If you look one of my pics was saying I'm about done. Now they are this big thing.

Again I haven't hurt anyone. I can post as needed in this thread. Please don't tread on my rights, I don't on yours.

It's not cool. I have contributed fairly and never cared how anyone post. Wether about another tv even then this set I've answered all questions fairly and never bully anyone.

I was posting pics.

Please leave it alone.
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1545 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
@west a lol so good. So good.
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1546 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayacts92 View Post
But you should be getting HD over the air channels. I kind of do the same thing. We live at school and can't have cable. We bought a digital antenna and since we live right in Dallas, we get all local channels in HD (No compression!) and they look amazing. About 12-15 channels in HD. Plus Netflix, blue rays, PS3. I like it this way better. I don't want over 250 plus channels when I only end up watching 5 of them. 5 of my favorite channels are free anyway and in HD! I barely have time to enjoy all the content I have now
Your viewing situation is just like mine here in Chicago. A few years back I called a cable company to get service and they set me up for a Saturday. Saturday rolled around and they even called to make sure I was at home. They never came nor did they even call to reschedule. That was back in the late 80's.


I'm quite satisfied with OTA TV and the other options you mentioned. Good thing about Netflix is that they eventually get those great cable programs that are on HBO, Showtime, History Channel etc.
jbug is offline  
post #1547 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Alright for the final pic I will post because well I was going to and I guess people like to read instead. J/k guys come.

My favorite one I've posted. I forgot what page it was on so I'm just going to end the pics with this one. Just simple. Beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	166145  
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1548 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post
Your viewing situation is just like mine here in Chicago. A few years back I called a cable company to get service and they set me up for a Saturday. Saturday rolled around and they even called to make sure I was at home. They never came nor did they even call to reschedule. That was back in the late 80's.


I'm quite satisfied with OTA TV and the other options you mentioned. Good thing about Netflix is that they eventually get those great cable programs that are on HBO, Showtime, History Channel etc.
I am a member of this club as well. My dad pays for his accounts. I pay for mine. And then we share them all.

I have a ps4, xbox one. The tv apps. Custom PC, but I love OTA. The picture is very good. This set has a great OTA picture.
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1549 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: New york, NY
Posts: 1,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorange303 View Post
If you look one of my pics was saying I'm about done. Now they are this big thing.

Again I haven't hurt anyone. I can post as needed in this thread. Please don't tread on my rights, I don't on yours.

It's not cool. I have contributed fairly and never cared how anyone post. Wether about another tv even then this set I've answered all questions fairly and never bully anyone.

I was posting pics.

Please leave it alone.
I wasn't attacking you. If you read my post I told the other guy, if he doesn't like pics, he can skip them. As for me i do look at many of your pics.
ahro is online now  
post #1550 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahro View Post
I wasn't attacking you. If you read my post I told the other guy, if he doesn't like pics, he can skip them. As for me i do look at many of your pics.
Cool my bad. On a better note digital trends just posted review of the Goliath. Here is part. Go hu9000!!


"Conclusion
If we simply take a step back and regard this TV for what it is – Samsung’s best effort for 2014 – then we have to say Samsung knocked it right out of the park with the HU9000 series. No, the curved design isn’t going to be for everyone, and we have tested at least one TV so far that has slightly better picture quality (Sony’s X900B series, review coming soon), but Samsung ‘s unique combination of cutting-edge design, unique features like the One Connect box, premium picture quality, solid on-board sound and user-friendliness makes this TV series one of the best around.
If the curve strikes your fancy, and you’re ready to take an early step into the world of Ultra HD 4K, the HU9000 is easily one of the best options at your disposal.
Highs
Outstanding picture quality
Bright images with great black levels
Sleek, eye-catching design
Excellent remote control
UHD content included free
Lows
Curved look isn’t for everyone
Curve is expensive
LCD panels have limitations"


Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-revi...#ixzz37jpsWKLX
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1551 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: New york, NY
Posts: 1,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm an owner of the 65. And I'm here to get information as well as resolving issues. I never thought of an HD antenna until someone posted about it. That was great -- I immediately ordered one from Amazon.

It's just that I've seen other threads that devolve into name calling and battles royal. Just don't want to have that happen here.
ahro is online now  
post #1552 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 23,983
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1006 Post(s)
Liked: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorange303 View Post
Alright for the final pic I will post because well I was going to and I guess people like to read instead. J/k guys come.

My favorite one I've posted. I forgot what page it was on so I'm just going to end the pics with this one. Just simple. Beautiful.
Morange, just curious, are you considering having your display professionally calibrated?
Ken Ross is offline  
post #1553 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mrorange303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,436
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Morange, just curious, are you considering having your display professionally calibrated?
No. Every time I have before I change it to my preference anyway. Ive paid for it twice. Both sets now have my settings.

Ive realized to just get the set where you are happy. Thats what will make you happy and you wont try to spot issues.
Mrorange303 is offline  
post #1554 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorange303 View Post
I am a member of this club as well. My dad pays for his accounts. I pay for mine. And then we share them all.

I have a ps4, xbox one. The tv apps. Custom PC, but I love OTA. The picture is very good. This set has a great OTA picture.
It sure Does. I'm quite satisfied. I hope these are indeed 10 bit panels and also hoping Samsung can implement the new Dolby High Dynamic Range Tech (or a similar one) into the 2015, One Connect Box.
jbug is offline  
post #1555 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,586
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post
Why are you taking pics of your tv? We all have the same tv and know how great it looks
Who are you to judge what post other people may interested in? I happen to look at the photos people post and enjoy such post .
Vegas oled is online now  
post #1556 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Member
 
jdh62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My Samsung UN78HU9000 arrived today (bought it from Chris at ClevelandAV.com)! I ordered a stand as it is replacing an old 73" Mitsubishi floor rear projection. As the stand hasn't arrived yet, I do not have the Samsung connected to Internet yet. So I have been using the 4K downloader to download content 4K content from YouTube over to a USB drive. First two videos I played didn't wow me so I wonder if they are 4K. Appreciate any feedback on getting 4K content that I can put on a USB drive. TIA!
jdh62 is offline  
post #1557 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: New york, NY
Posts: 1,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh62 View Post
My Samsung UN78HU9000 arrived today (bought it from Chris at ClevelandAV.com)! I ordered a stand as it is replacing an old 73" Mitsubishi floor rear projection. As the stand hasn't arrived yet, I do not have the Samsung connected to Internet yet. So I have been using the 4K downloader to download content 4K content from YouTube over to a USB drive. First two videos I played didn't wow me so I wonder if they are 4K. Appreciate any feedback on getting 4K content that I can put on a USB drive. TIA!
Okay, how do you do a download of content?
ahro is online now  
post #1558 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Vegas oled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,586
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh62 View Post
My Samsung UN78HU9000 arrived today (bought it from Chris at ClevelandAV.com)! I ordered a stand as it is replacing an old 73" Mitsubishi floor rear projection. As the stand hasn't arrived yet, I do not have the Samsung connected to Internet yet. So I have been using the 4K downloader to download content 4K content from YouTube over to a USB drive. First two videos I played didn't wow me so I wonder if they are 4K. Appreciate any feedback on getting 4K content that I can put on a USB drive. TIA!
Make sure you select 4k resolution in the settings.
Vegas oled is online now  
post #1559 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Member
 
jdh62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Found some reference to a 4K Downloader (not sure where) so googled it. Basically, you give it URL of 4K video from YouTube and it downloads to your PC. I then copied over to a USB drive.
jdh62 is offline  
post #1560 of 2424 Old 07-17-2014, 11:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Hisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post
Make sure you select 4k resolution in the settings.
There is no setting for 4K.
Hisma is online now  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off