Toshiba 4K 65L9400/65Z9X and Vizio 65" Reference Series 10-bit Panel - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #211 of 306 Old 06-11-2014, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 9,955
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 549
It probably doesn't mean anything, but B&H shows the 58L9400U as discontinued. link
Stereodude is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 306 Old 06-11-2014, 05:08 AM
Member
 
4r4r4r00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

It probably doesn't mean anything, but B&H shows the 58L9400U as discontinued. link

Toshiba site has no message and no User Guide 

so how  B & H shows the 58L9400U  ?

No price to 58 "and no details

This  serious store ?  What do they think people will invite by the smell ?

4r4r4r00 is offline  
post #213 of 306 Old 06-11-2014, 05:47 AM
Member
 
6311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11

http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-m652i-b2/

 

why to buy Toshiba 4K 65L9400  ?

" The Vizio M-Series delivers superb picture quality for the money thanks to its local dimming LED backlight. The picture provides deep black levels with little to no blooming, great bright-room performance and plenty of adjustments.  "

6311 is offline  
post #214 of 306 Old 06-11-2014, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4r4r4r00 View Post

Toshiba site has no message and no User Guide 
so how  B & H shows the 58L9400U  ?
No price to 58 "and no details
This  serious store ?  What do they think people will invite by the smell ?

Yea it's a good store a bit overpriced, but sometimes they beat others showing new models a couple weeks ahead. If it doesn't have the spec I.e. The dimensions etc. Then this means they're not done editing the posting so whatever it says now could change slightly.
Rf13 is offline  
post #215 of 306 Old 06-11-2014, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
It probably doesn't mean anything, but B&H shows the 58L9400U as discontinued. link
I checked like 2 days ago and they didn't even have a listing for the 58L9400U, so I would guess they just added it and are going to update the page closer to launch.

Here is a June 9th article that looks like more initial impressions from the press conference back in May.
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...3NmESfyWZUlL2A

Last edited by sytech; 06-11-2014 at 10:16 PM. Reason: More info
sytech is offline  
post #216 of 306 Old 06-12-2014, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 9,955
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
I checked like 2 days ago and they didn't even have a listing for the 58L9400U, so I would guess they just added it and are going to update the page closer to launch.

Here is a June 9th article that looks like more initial impressions from the press conference back in May.
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...3NmESfyWZUlL2A
I'm not so sure now. The distributor, EDI, that had the 58L9400U listed previously has also removed it. They still list the 65L9400U.

Maybe they have decided to pull the 58" model from their US offering?

Last edited by Stereodude; 06-12-2014 at 04:40 AM.
Stereodude is online now  
post #217 of 306 Old 06-12-2014, 06:10 AM
Member
 
4r4r4r00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
not sure that the screen is Full Array LED Panel !
Quantum Black not Full Array LED Panel !

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2n8o93a.jpg

7400 is is a direct-lit LED screen which support local dimming.
4r4r4r00 is offline  
post #218 of 306 Old 06-12-2014, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4r4r4r00 View Post
not sure that the screen is Full Array LED Panel !
Quantum Black not Full Array LED Panel !

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2n8o93a.jpg

7400 is is a direct-lit LED screen which support local dimming.
Yes, the L9400U is full array with local dimming. The bad news is so far we have only confirmed 48 zones, though the bigger set may have slightly more.

I am starting to get worried about the clouding on this set. The Japanese review mention it as slight, but I think Sony may be using the same panel in their 65" 900B series and people are complaining about bad clouding.

Last edited by sytech; 06-12-2014 at 07:09 AM.
sytech is offline  
post #219 of 306 Old 06-12-2014, 07:14 AM
Member
 
4r4r4r00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
Yes, the L9400U is full array with local dimming. The bad news is so far we have only confirmed 48 zones, though the bigger set may have slightly more.

I am starting to get worried about the clouding on this set. The Japanese review mention it as slight, but I think Sony may be using the same panel in their 65" 900 series and people are complaining about bad clouding.

48 zones ?
VIZIO P with 64 zones , Better price
I have a bad feeling about Toshiba
It looks like a yard sale
There is no connection between Japanese and American
4r4r4r00 is offline  
post #220 of 306 Old 06-21-2014, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Nice write up on 58Z9X by HiVi in Japan.


https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Looks like the 58Z9X also won a few awards.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
sytech is offline  
post #221 of 306 Old 06-21-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 9,955
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
Nice write up on 58Z9X by HiVi in Japan.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
Doesn't anyone in Japan put a meter on the TV and make some objective measurements? So far all the reviews I've seen are like subjective puff pieces.
Stereodude is online now  
post #222 of 306 Old 06-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Rf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Price and a possible release date for the 65l9400U price isn't bad.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._ultra_hd.html
Rf13 is offline  
post #223 of 306 Old 06-22-2014, 04:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
6athome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Scott's article on lip sync brought out a very good point on the future of UHD.
UHD needing 10 bit panels!
6athome is offline  
post #224 of 306 Old 06-22-2014, 07:54 AM
Member
 
albani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well,sound is not bad and w'v to give more "time"! at least for final decision and ofcourse to read about a real user comments as well+

therefore read this info from above link

...In Z9X, in direct-type LED difficult of control, I have been challenged with backlight panel of Toshiba proprietary....

so this is correct because Tosh did it well this type baclit-work or at least I know very well even of their SV685(EU or 670US serie) and this panel model year 2009!!

I read out carefully all off written and looks almost very good and satisfy me

++

Tosh 46SV685&Tosh 42WL863

Panasonic BluRay BDT320EG&Toshiba BluRay BDX5400

albani is offline  
post #225 of 306 Old 06-22-2014, 08:26 AM
Member
 
dfs88801's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Everything here is still not connected to the screen in us
only of jpan maybe

Quote:
Yes, the L9400U is full array with local dimming. The bad news is so far we have only confirmed 48 zones, though the bigger set may have slightly more.

Show pictures of the 300 areas and in the end sold in the U.S. 48 zones ?
this Thread has become a joke

Why buy a screen at $ 3,700 and VIZIO p with 60 zones Sold at $ 2200

wait for checked Information and not an hallucinations
vinnie97 likes this.
dfs88801 is offline  
post #226 of 306 Old 06-22-2014, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfs88801 View Post
Everything here is still not connected to the screen in us
only of jpan maybe




Show pictures of the 300 areas and in the end sold in the U.S. 48 zones ?
this Thread has become a joke

Why buy a screen at $ 3,700 and VIZIO p with 60 zones Sold at $ 2200

wait for checked Information and not an hallucinations
The 65" Vizio P at $2K retail looks really tough to beat, but it is still vaporware at this point. At least the Japanese equivalent of the 65L94000U has been released. We are guessing the Toshiba L9 series has a minimum of 48 zones based on the Polish slide. The L9 comes in 3 sizes over there 50", 58" and 65". We don't know which size it was referring to or if it is the same across all sizes. The 65" Vizio P is expected to have 64 zones, so we might not wind up that many zones apart. With 4K prices dropping so fast and the pricing pressure Vizio is putting on everyone we could see Toshiba dropping the price to $2895 rather quickly to compete. That is what their current flagship 65L9300 4K is going for at Best Buy and Costco. B&H is listing August 27th for avaialblity, but VE is suppose to have one for their shootout review in mid July.
sytech is offline  
post #227 of 306 Old 06-22-2014, 11:58 AM
 
vinnie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nunya
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Maybe it's time to amend the first post. It's definitely not equivalent to the even more vaporous Vizio R and for those looking for an improvement on the Sharp Elite, even less likely to be the one they're waiting for, regardless of what a bargain it seems to be.
vinnie97 is offline  
post #228 of 306 Old 06-22-2014, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
Maybe it's time to amend the first post. It's definitely not equivalent to the even more vaporous Vizio R and for those looking for an improvement on the Sharp Elite, even less likely to be the one they're waiting for, regardless of what a bargain it seems to be.
I don't know how to edit the thread title or I would. I figured once someone started an official owners thread this one would die anyway. Just keeping this one alive and trying to supply any info I can find on these new 10-bit panels. Even with the low zone count I think this Toshiba FALD will do very well in the shootout, considering the price and the fact the Vizio P or R will not be there.
sytech is offline  
post #229 of 306 Old 06-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Member
 
dfs88801's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 11
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._ultra_hd.html

bhphotovideo.com selling screen that does not exist yet in the importer - this is a joke

No user guide knowing what's on TV- this is a joke

3700$ for what

Toshiba seems a very difficult economic situation, a mess
Overall one model and mess
Glorious past, no future in tv
dfs88801 is offline  
post #230 of 306 Old 06-22-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rlindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 4,739
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfs88801 View Post
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._ultra_hd.html

bhphotovideo.com selling screen that does not exist yet in the importer - this is a joke

No user guide knowing what's on TV- this is a joke

3700$ for what

Toshiba seems a very difficult economic situation, a mess
Overall one model and mess
Glorious past, no future in tv
Taking pre-orders is a joke?

ROB
rlindo is offline  
post #231 of 306 Old 06-22-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 9,955
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Why does this thread attract so many posters with such a poor ability to express themselves using the English language?
DRaven72 likes this.
Stereodude is online now  
post #232 of 306 Old 06-23-2014, 01:12 AM
Member
 
dfs88801's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post
Taking pre-orders is a joke?

pre-orders For what ?
You do not have any information on the screen
Toshiba U.S. does not know the information
Toshiba U.S. Do not know when will be launched 9400
I told Toshiba that thay have pre-order for 9400 ( Toshiba has no idea )

For what you will pay $ 3,700 ?

that is a joke ?
dfs88801 is offline  
post #233 of 306 Old 06-23-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rlindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 4,739
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfs88801 View Post
pre-orders For what ?
You do not have any information on the screen
Toshiba U.S. does not know the information
Toshiba U.S. Do not know when will be launched 9400
I told Toshiba that thay have pre-order for 9400 ( Toshiba has no idea )

For what you will pay $ 3,700 ?

that is a joke ?
Email B&H photo and ask them if it is a joke. I'm guessing it isn't as they probably have a better sense of humour than listing a TV pre-order as a joke.

ROB
rlindo is offline  
post #234 of 306 Old 06-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Member
 
dfs88801's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post
Email B&H photo and ask them if it is a joke. I'm guessing it isn't as they probably have a better sense of humour than listing a TV pre-order as a joke.
I do not think you understood me
B&H Indeed selling the screen
They have no data other than what is listed Or User Guide
I think there should be a moron to buy screen without serious data with 3700$
dfs88801 is offline  
post #235 of 306 Old 06-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Rf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfs88801 View Post
I do not think you understood me
B&H Indeed selling the screen

They have no data other than what is listed Or User Guide
I think there should be a moron to buy screen without serious data with 3700$
its just listed for preorder they always do this before sets come out and they update as they add new sets. keep in mind this isnt he only new tv that has been added to theyre site.
Rf13 is offline  
post #236 of 306 Old 06-25-2014, 12:32 AM
Member
 
dfs88801's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf13 View Post
its just listed for preorder they always do this before sets come out and they update as they add new sets. keep in mind this isnt he only new tv that has been added to theyre site.
As I wrote

Quote:
I do not think you understood me
B&H Indeed selling the screen

They have no data other than what is listed Or User Guide
I think there should be a moron to buy screen without serious data with 3700$

dfs88801 is offline  
post #237 of 306 Old 06-25-2014, 12:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
*UFO*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Wow this looks like its going to be a direct equivalent to the Japanese model, which if it is, this is going to be a great set for gamers. Toshiba could not take my money fast enough if it has the low latency they claim.
*UFO* is offline  
post #238 of 306 Old 06-26-2014, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Don't think this "review" of the 58Z9X has been posted yet. Sounds like the reviewer was impressed, but again no actual hard number data and the Google translate can only do so well in trying to translate what he he was really trying to say.

http://translate.google.com/translat...26channel%3Dfs
sytech is offline  
post #239 of 306 Old 07-14-2014, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 592
No news on the L9400U in a while. B&H now shows 'Expected availability: August 27 2014': http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._ultra_hd.html
fafrd is online now  
post #240 of 306 Old 07-14-2014, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 9,955
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 549
It said that over a month ago.
Stereodude is online now  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - 65L9400 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off