Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 845 Old 06-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofortyz View Post

Hey insanitormang don't update to firmware 1110. You can't roll back to 1109.3, myself and others on this threadh ave noticed green flashes (they are random) after installing firmware 1110. I returned my set the 65" panel th01 h7150. Just a heads up I thought it might be the hdmi cable as it looked like a dropout but I didn't lose audio. I tested monoprice 18gbps cables Mediabridge 10.2 & 18gbps cables and amazon basics hdmi cables. As well as a xbox one, ps4, ps3, bluray, xbox 360, 2 cable boxes and a Mac mini, as well as every hdmi input and I got the same issue. I contacted samsung remote support and when they connected my set flashed or glitched whatever you want to call it a number of times. I had no resolution with them other than the fact that it looked like a software issue. I contacted samsung online chat and they said they have no record of this issue. So I ordered a replacement that will be here Wednesday and I'm not going to upgrade the firmware until the next version if there is one.

I have the firmware 1110 update on my UN55H7150 have NOT noticed any green flashes but I will keep looking for green flashes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 845 Old 06-01-2014, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11

I've went through a bunch of different cal settings but for cable tv i can't get it to look as good as when I edit the name of the input and set it to DVI PC. The colors look spot on but you lose a bunch of features

post #453 of 845 Old 06-02-2014, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My general rule for firmware updates is:

Unless the update specifically addresses a problem you are having, skip it, at least until the unwashed horde has installed it and found whatever new bugs the update installs.

If you recall the old western movies, it's the guys in the front of the charge who have all the arrows through their hats.
BlueOcean50 likes this.
post #454 of 845 Old 06-02-2014, 07:58 AM

Liked: 10

I received my 55 inch 7150 on Saturday and it came with firmware 1110 out of the box.  So far I have not noticed anything aside from a great picture - no green flashing.  Might this be related to screen size?  It appeared that posts earlier in this thread reported more issues with the 60/65 inch screens.

post #455 of 845 Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanitormang View Post

We just got the UN65H7150 and I really like it. I am not sure what panel it is (HH01 or TH01). It has extremely crisp picture on games and Blu-ray. I have yet to toy with all the settings for different sources, the colors seem a little saturated to me. On my cable box I switched over to 720p output and turned on the noise and digital filters which made it look better for cable. I don't know why cable is always a little less than spectacular (maybe because it's lower res?). I think motion plus makes cable look worse, I can't tell yet. It's gonna take some "before and after" studying for each setting. 1080i output from the cable box looks a bit funky. Anyway, I cannot seem to connect to Samsung online to get the 1110 firmware. Right now I am at 1109 out of the box. If anyone has tips, such as how to get firmware 1110 (if its even worth it) and picture settings depending on the source, please reply to me! Thanks!

• Does this TV have the ability to save settings on a specific input (HDMI1 vs. HDM2)?
  • Does game mode really make games look greater? I cannot tell what it does.

Samsung's site only shows v. 1109.3 available for download, so auto-udpate via the TV seems the only way to get v. 1110 currently.  As others are reporting issues, and you have the 65 inch, might want to hold off for now.

Game mode states it bypasses two of the video processing units, resulting in a slightly degraded video, but greatly improves input lag.  I ran a quick test with my PS3 and the Dead Nation video game.  With Game Mode Off there was a noticeable delay between pressing the trigger button and the character firing his weapon.  I can't time it accurately but it felt like "press...shoot" instead of "pressshoot".   Turning Game Mode On reduced this delay by half at least.  Now it's like "press.shoot".  Much more playable especially if you enjoy timing sensitive games like FPS or platformers. I believe the input lag thread shows this set has a ~40ms delay with Game Mode On.

It appears that the Game Mode setting is global however, as opposed to being on or off per input, which would be my preference. 

post #456 of 845 Old 06-02-2014, 12:19 PM

Hi All! 

I am absolutely loving this tv so far and am so eager to watch my entire bluray library on it that it is kind of sad. Having said that, I am not in love with the picture I see when watching cable tv. I am running all my media through a receiver (yamaha rx-v673 if I remember correctly) so that I only have a single hdmi port being used on the tv itself. The receiver is supposed to boost or upconvert (is that a word?) the picture but I am still not in love. Should I try connecting directly to the tv and then running audio out to the receiver and not picture? Or should I be using an HDMI different from HDMI1 (where it is now plugged in)? 

Any suggestions would be welcome! 

post #457 of 845 Old 06-02-2014, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I had the 65F7100, it had a a bad Panel so I jsut upgraded to the UN65H7150 and have not been impressed, first my Hluplus crashes, second the internet browswers locks on me as well as the pointer and third it does not have soundshare like the 7100, why do so many people brag on this tv with so many issues? any suggestions on a different tv, aslo I had to unplug it twice to get it to turn off and on again, please advise.

post #458 of 845 Old 06-02-2014, 12:37 PM

Sorry to see you've been having trouble. To be honest, I run all my streaming media through my ps3 so have not toyed with the browser (or any of the other apps for that matter). My perceptions are based solely on the picture quality I've been getting it to pump out. 

post #459 of 845 Old 06-02-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcuniff View Post

Hi All! 

I am absolutely loving this tv so far and am so eager to watch my entire bluray library on it that it is kind of sad. Having said that, I am not in love with the picture I see when watching cable tv. I am running all my media through a receiver (yamaha rx-v673 if I remember correctly) so that I only have a single hdmi port being used on the tv itself. The receiver is supposed to boost or upconvert (is that a word?) the picture but I am still not in love. Should I try connecting directly to the tv and then running audio out to the receiver and not picture? Or should I be using an HDMI different from HDMI1 (where it is now plugged in)? 

Any suggestions would be welcome! 

Your Yamaha supports HDMI Audio Return Channel, so yes, you can try connecting your cable TV HDMI directly to the Samsung HDMI-1 port and adjust picture settings for that connection.  Then run HDMI from the Samsung HDMI (ARC) port to your Yamaha for sound out when watching TV.  You'll probably want to set the sound output via Sound > Speaker Settings > TV Sound Output > Receiver so it doesn't use both TV and receiver speakers at the same time.

post #460 of 845 Old 06-02-2014, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by talljerry View Post

I have the firmware 1110 update on my UN55H7150 have NOT noticed any green flashes but I will keep looking for green flashes.

I have the 65" and on 1110 and have not had any "green flash" issues. Must be a hardware thing.
post #461 of 845 Old 06-02-2014, 02:49 PM

I also have the 65 7150 with firmware 1110 and randomly get the green flash screen. It can happen 2 or 3 times a day or not at all. Until yesterday I hadn't had the green flash for 5 days.
Never had the green flash problem with the previous firmware. Hopefully Samsung is able to get a new firmware update rolled out soon to alleviate this problem. Seems like multiple posters have confirmed this issue upon updating to firmware 1110.
So yes, to reiterate do not update to firmware 1110 if you are a 7150 owner!
I checked Samsung's website yesterday and did not see firmware 1110 for download, only the previous firmware. Maybe they know there is an issue with the latest firmware? I have thought about reinstalling the previous firmware via usb. Does anyone know if is possible to reinstall a previous firmware?
post #462 of 845 Old 06-02-2014, 08:32 PM

Hi all, 

I have tried using a few of the calibrations that have been posted on this forum, but notice that, more often than not, I get to options that I am supposed to alter but can't because they are grayed out. Why is this? Am I missing a step somewhere along the line of dominoes that I am supposed to change first? 

Also, I have noticed a handful of occasions where the image has seemed to shudder a bit. Is there a specific place to tweak to try and remedy this? 

Lastly, I was wondering if it matters at all which hdmi input I use. I am running no sound through the tv and was wondering if the hdmi (dvi) input would enhance the picture at all? 

Thanks for all the help!

post #463 of 845 Old 06-03-2014, 05:54 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:

Hi all, 

I have tried using a few of the calibrations that have been posted on this forum, but notice that, more often than not, I get to options that I am supposed to alter but can't because they are grayed out. Why is this? Am I missing a step somewhere along the line of dominoes that I am supposed to change first? 

Also, I have noticed a handful of occasions where the image has seemed to shudder a bit. Is there a specific place to tweak to try and remedy this? 

Lastly, I was wondering if it matters at all which hdmi input I use. I am running no sound through the tv and was wondering if the hdmi (dvi) input would enhance the picture at all? 

Thanks for all the help!

Hi hcuniff
i found out ( Am using PC HDMI input ) with my HD 6950 setting .. while playing with it
My Digital Flat-Panel >> Properties ( Digital Flat-Panel )
At the button end you will see Enable ITC processing
Do not high lite it !!
If you do .. you will not be able to play with :
HDMI Black Level ( grayed out )

And you can try out this setting :

I have played with my GPU Gamma Desktop setting to ( 1,5 - 1,10 ) for better black shadow
The rest are default

You don't have to turn on the game mode .. this setting is without it !!

Picture Mode : Standard
Backlight : 4-10
Contrast : 50
Brightness : 55
Sharpness : 20-40 ( Am set to 30 )
Color :55- 60 ( Am set to 57 )
Tint : G50/G50

Advanced setting ..

Dynamic Contrast : Low
Black Tone : Off
Flesh Tone : 0

Color space : Custom
Color Red
R : 41
G : 0
B : 0
Color Green
R : 0
G : 41
Color Blue
B : 41
Color Yellow
R : 70
G : 40
B : 10
Color Cyan
B : 70
Color Magenta
R : 40
B : 60

White balance ..
2 Point
R-Gain : +7
The rest : 0

Gamma : +1 - +2 ( Am set to +1 .. if you dont play with the desktop Gamma set it to +2 )
Motion Lighting : Off

Picture Option ..
Color Tone : standard
Digital Clean View : High
MPEG Noise Filter : High
HDMI Black Level : Low
Film Mode : ( grayed out )
Auto Motion Plus : Off
Cinema Black : off

You can try It out and tell me how it works out for you !!
cleschert likes this.
post #464 of 845 Old 06-03-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyy484 View Post

Hi hcuniff
i found out ( Am using PC HDMI input ) with my HD 6950 setting .. while playing with it
My Digital Flat-Panel >> Properties ( Digital Flat-Panel )
At the button end you will see Enable ITC processing
Do not high lite it !!
If you do .. you will not be able to play with :
HDMI Black Level ( grayed out )

And you can try out this setting :

I have played with my GPU Gamma Desktop setting to ( 1,5 - 1,10 ) for better black shadow
The rest are default

You don't have to turn on the game mode .. this setting is without it !!

Picture Mode : Standard
Backlight : 4-10
Contrast : 50
Brightness : 55
Sharpness : 20-40 ( Am set to 30 )
Color :55- 60 ( Am set to 57 )
Tint : G50/G50

Advanced setting ..

Dynamic Contrast : Low
Black Tone : Off
Flesh Tone : 0

Color space : Custom
Color Red
R : 41
Color Green
G : 41
Color Blue
B : 41
Color Yellow
R : 70
B : 10
Color Cyan
B : 70
Color Magenta
R : 40
B : 60

White balance ..
2 Point
R-Gain : +7
The rest : 0

Gamma : +1 - +2 ( Am set to +1 .. if you dont play with the desktop Gamma set it to +2 )
Motion Lighting : Off

Picture Option ..
Color Tone : standard
Digital Clean View : High
MPEG Noise Filter : High
HDMI Black Level : Low
Film Mode : ( grayed out )
Auto Motion Plus : Off
Cinema Black : off

You can try It out and tell me how it works out for you !!

Hi yyy484! 

Thanks for putting up these settings and for the helpful advice! I just tried putting in the settings you wrote above but noticed that my option for hdmi black level is grayed out and set on "auto" The good news is that I think the tv seems to be a bit smoother (am watching for the shuddering that I saw earlier but havent seen any yet (it's been about 5 minutes - Fingers crossed it stays this way!), but the image seems slighly dull/muted. Could this be the result of the hdmi black level issue? 

Again, thank you SO much for your response and help! I am new to the home theater world and am trying my best, but its nice to know there are people like you around to help along the way!

post #465 of 845 Old 06-03-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlander842 View Post

I also have the 65 7150 with firmware 1110 and randomly get the green flash screen. It can happen 2 or 3 times a day or not at all. Until yesterday I hadn't had the green flash for 5 days.
Never had the green flash problem with the previous firmware. Hopefully Samsung is able to get a new firmware update rolled out soon to alleviate this problem. Seems like multiple posters have confirmed this issue upon updating to firmware 1110.
I checked Samsung's website yesterday and did not see firmware 1110 for download, only the previous firmware. Maybe they know there is an issue with the latest firmware? I have thought about reinstalling the previous firmware via usb. Does anyone know if is possible to reinstall a previous firmware?
I am on the newest firmware , I just got the tv a week or so ago and updated right away; I didnt have the problem for a few days but every once in a while it will happen just like you said. I have contacted Samsung multiple times but their customer service is horrible and wont even admit there is a problem even after I sent them the link to this thread. I had the same problem last year with a samsung tv that had a screen problem and they wouldnt even admit that I had a problem and wouldnt send anyone to look at it.
post #466 of 845 Old 06-03-2014, 11:03 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:

Hi yyy484! 

Thanks for putting up these settings and for the helpful advice! I just tried putting in the settings you wrote above but noticed that my option for hdmi black level is grayed out and set on "auto" The good news is that I think the tv seems to be a bit smoother (am watching for the shuddering that I saw earlier but havent seen any yet (it's been about 5 minutes - Fingers crossed it stays this way!), but the image seems slighly dull/muted. Could this be the result of the hdmi black level issue? 

Again, thank you SO much for your response and help! I am new to the home theater world and am trying my best, but its nice to know there are people like you around to help along the way!
Most welcome hcuniff smile.gif

You are right .. It feels little dull
Its not exactly the result of hdmi black level setting ( ones set to normal you will get black washed out with other colors little washed )
It just .. I have a big screen 75" sitting 8f that close ( my room is small )
and my eyes are very sensitive to brights ...
and it could be the screen reflective coating .. and may some other factors play the game .. not sure
most of my friends says WOW redface.gif

you can set :
Digital Clean View : Off
MPEG Noise Filter : Off
witch makes the screen little dull on High ( that alone plays the sharpness to pop up )

more like the game mode setting
Right now am set to the Game Mode On

anyways i wish you good luck smile.gif
cleschert likes this.
post #467 of 845 Old 06-03-2014, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Can someone with a 65" 7150 please tell me where the IR sensor is located...don't have my tv yet....concerned what sound bar I can get that won't block it.

Thanks

~TC
post #468 of 845 Old 06-03-2014, 03:02 PM

Green flash has happened about 6 times today the most ever. Getting alittle annoyed and their customer service isnt helping.
post #469 of 845 Old 06-03-2014, 04:47 PM

Is the foxnow app available on smart hub ? I used to have it and its not there anymore.
post #470 of 845 Old 06-03-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkris View Post

Can someone with a 65" 7150 please tell me where the IR sensor is located...don't have my tv yet....concerned what sound bar I can get that won't block it.

Thanks

Its below HDMI 4 on the back, i ordered a 90 degree 3.5mm extension and it works using that. i also ordered a hdmi swivel from monoprice just so it wouldn't come close to being in the way. The optical port is next to the component input and those are far enough away that you won't have an issue blocking the hdmi4 port or ir jack. 

post #471 of 845 Old 06-03-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:

You can't rollback to the previous firmware

post #472 of 845 Old 06-04-2014, 03:19 AM

I just got a 657150, and I can't seem to locate the firmware version. I've searched the thread, and don't see the answer there. Can anyone help, please. TIA.
Mark
post #473 of 845 Old 06-04-2014, 04:11 AM

Quote:

Its below HDMI 4 on the back, i ordered a 90 degree 3.5mm extension and it works using that. i also ordered a hdmi swivel from monoprice just so it wouldn't come close to being in the way. The optical port is next to the component input and those are far enough away that you won't have an issue blocking the hdmi4 port or ir jack. 

You are saying the IR sensor is on the back side of the TV? The infra red (IR) sensor receives the signal from the remote control....how does it do that from the back of the TV?

~TC
post #474 of 845 Old 06-04-2014, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:

I was all set to buy this TV and then the green flash issues started showing up. Was wondering if everyone who upgraded to the 1110 firmware is having this problem.
post #475 of 845 Old 06-04-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:

You are saying the IR sensor is on the back side of the TV? The infra red (IR) sensor receives the signal from the remote control....how does it do that from the back of the TV?

The IR jack is on the back of the tv, the sensor is a corded disc that you put in front of your cable box . I'd say it about a 6'-7' cord that you plug into the if jack on the back of the tv
post #476 of 845 Old 06-04-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:

The IR jack is on the back of the tv, the sensor is a corded disc that you put in front of your cable box . I'd say it about a 6'-7' cord that you plug into the if jack on the back of the tv

I know the IR extender "jack" is on the back...I'm referring to the IR sensor for the TV itself...usually it is located somewhere on the front bezel....indicated by a red light when receiving a signal,,,My concern is, assume it's in the center,,,,my sound bar may block the sensor, rendering the remote signal problematic, for controlling the tv functions(....the tv will be on a cabinet, thus the concern. I understand the use of the IR extender and setting it up for the cable box, but the TV functions, settings, menu's are controlled by the TV's smart remote...see where I'm going?

~TC
post #477 of 845 Old 06-04-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:

I know the IR extender "jack" is on the back...I'm referring to the IR sensor for the TV itself...usually it is located somewhere on the front bezel....indicated by a red light when receiving a signal,,,My concern is, assume it's in the center,,,,my sound bar may block the sensor, rendering the remote signal problematic, for controlling the tv functions(....the tv will be on a cabinet, thus the concern. I understand the use of the IR extender and setting it up for the cable box, but the TV functions, settings, menu's are controlled by the TV's smart remote...see where I'm going?

Oh my bad, bottom left side about 6 inches from the edge. It's probably about an inch and a half long. It would be your right if you're looking at it
post #478 of 845 Old 06-04-2014, 06:46 AM

Thanks....that's great, as most of the sound bars I am considering are in the 42" or less size.....I guess a aftermarket IR repeater would be a option and I discovered some sound bars have repeaters built in.

Thanks for responding and sorry I wasn't more clear.

~TC
post #479 of 845 Old 06-04-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk4114 View Post

I just got a 657150, and I can't seem to locate the firmware version. I've searched the thread, and don't see the answer there. Can anyone help, please. TIA.
Mark

Should be under MENU > Support > Software Update to view the current version.

post #480 of 845 Old 06-04-2014, 11:18 AM

Liked: 14

First, apologies to Raker13.  Didn't mean to bust your chops (too much).  Hope you're enjoying your 7150 - now.

Just got MY new 55" 7150 yesterday.  Hooked it up to Cablevision set top DVR with 1.4 HDMI.

My biggest problem, so far, was trying to get off the protective tape from the BOTTOM chrome strip.

As others have said, Samsung goofed up on this and it's stuck inside the bottom bezel. Impossible to get it all out cleanly.

Had to carefully use a razor to trim it out and caused a few minor scratches! Not detectable unless you look very closely, so I'm going to ignor it.

First impressions of the set:

The built-in sound is very satisfactory to me. I do not plan on using external sound for now.

The set-up was pretty smooth and foolproof.

Did the update to 1110 firmware.

Physically the set cabinet, weight, design I like a lot. The stand also.

The picture looks like it will eventually be very good.

I'm just now at the stage of beginning to tweak the settings.

All I've done so far is make sure that motion garbage is off and I have the picture on Standard.

When I did have the motion setting ON it was pretty bad in terms of Soap Opera effect and jitter.

I will keep you updated.

I do know, however, that I am keeping the set.

The only remorse I might have is maybe not buying the 8550 UHD Samsung.

But then again this set was about $1,000 cheaper.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page