Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 177 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 439Likes

post #5281 of 5299 Old 07-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for posting these updated calibrations Z-Mad. Still loving my set after 2.5 years! Do you have any 3D calibrations you could post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5282 of 5299 Old 07-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 332
And here is finally also the STANDARD mode for gaming. Mind you, this is the simplified Standard mode that allows only 2-point grayscale calibration, when the Source is set to "PC" (the mode with lowest input lag on this TV, thus the best mode for gaming). But even with just the 2-point grayscale adjustment, the result is good, grayscale and colors are quite accurate, and the games look great with these settings:

SOURCE: PC
--Picture menu--
Mode: Standard
Backlight: 8 (one can go up or down a few notches depending on viewing environment, day or nighttime, etc.)
Contrast: 96
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 50 (when TV is in PC mode, this is the correct sharpness setting)
Color: [grayed out]
Tint: [grayed out]

3D submenu: N/A

PIP: N/A

--Advanced settings--
Dynamic contrast: [grayed out]
Black tone: [grayed out]
Flesh tone: [grayed out]
RGB Only Mode: [grayed out]
Color space: [grayed out]
White Balance: [see below]
10p White Balance: [grayed out]
Gamma: -1
Motion Lighting: Off [grayed out]

--Color Space--
N/A [grayed out]

White balance:
2 Point:
R-Offset: 0
G-Offset: -1
B-Offset: -5
R-Gain: +3
G-Gain: -4
B-Gain: -9

10 Point:
N/A [grayed out]

--Picture options--
Color tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: [grayed out]
MPEG Noise Filter: [grayed out]
HDMI black level: Low
Film mode: [grayed out]
Auto Motion Plus: [grayed out]
Cinema Black: [grayed out]
quake1028 and DucksoupSD like this.
post #5283 of 5299 Old 07-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrachris View Post
Thanks for posting these updated calibrations Z-Mad. Still loving my set after 2.5 years! Do you have any 3D calibrations you could post?
Hey cobrachris, indeed still plenty to enjoy on this TV. Happy to share the settings, and hopefully they help and translate well for most... but didn't do any 3D calibration. A bit of a hassle honestly, for the fact that I never use it... I don't mind watching a 3D movie in the theatre, but just never got into it at home... If I at some point get myself to do it, I'll certainly post the settings...

post #5284 of 5299 Old 07-10-2017, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Same here. I might have to try the first two out. I too still love this TV, especially since I'm sill a hardcore 3D er and it does a marvelous job. I wish I could get a tv with 4K HDR and 3D, but I think in a year from now, no 3D will be found. I think like less than 5 now might have this and don't really need 4K just yet.

Samsung 3D UN65H7150 UH02;MediaLight Quad Bias Light;Yamaha RX-A2070BL 5.2.4 Atmos/DTSX
Def Tech Promonitor 1000 Def Tech Procenter 2000
Def Tech Promonitor 800 ceilings and surrounds;AC Infinity Aircom T8 Cooling System.
ProSub 800-Klipsch KSW150 Sub;Monster HTS 2600MKII Power Conditioner
Oppo UDP-103 Bluray-Apple TV 4th Gen;Harmony One;PlayStation 4 gaming
post #5285 of 5299 Old 07-24-2017, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So we were finally forced to upgrade the X1 system from Xfinity and now my overall picture quality is awful again. Does anyone have a decent setup for this? I may try ZMAD's settings from earlier this month. We watched Game of Thrones the last two weeks and it makes me feel like I need glasses. Everything is soft focused and blurry and a lot of degradation in the picture when a dark scene is on. It's highly irritating since I had it set up great on the old Scientific Atlantic boxes we had. Nothing looks right now with the settings that worked great for the old box. I may have to go back into the main calibration again, but not sure what to tweak. Streaming BTW looks MUCH better quality wise, but still needs a bit of tweaking. It could be the signal is just Comcrap-tastic too. All signal strengths were within range for the X1 platform when I last checked as well.

Any suggestions appreciated.

EDIT: Even after changing the settings a bit to ZMAD's calibrations, everything seems washed out. The colors are very muted and grey-ish. Gives a fuzzy sort of feel as well, almost like soft focus. As for the quality, I'm convinced that the X1 is a compression issue. If I stream with the same settings it's a lot clearer and sharper image wise. Any suggestions on bumping up the colors?

Last edited by Strycker; 07-25-2017 at 11:28 AM.
post #5286 of 5299 Old 07-25-2017, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
After quite a while, I finally took the time to give the H7150 some "attention" again and recalibrate various modes. Sure enough, some shifting did occur to where the tweaks were needed to get to the most accurate picture... Even took the time to finally calibrate the standard mode for gaming (source set as "PC"). Wondered if I should even post the settings, and if anyone is even still checking this thread lol, but figured may as well...

I'm still checking this thread! Thanks for these settings. I was starting to notice some fairly excessive banding in dark areas with tv programming (especially in GoT). I look forward to trying the new movie mode calibration out!

As an aside, with color tone set to warm 2 everything seems a bit off too me, almost too saturated, and whites definitely have a slight yellowish (warm) cast to them. It looks much more natural to me in standard color tone. Is that because that's what I'm used to watching it in? I'll pull out my disney WoW blu-ray tomorrow to check it out.

| Samsung UN55H7150 | NVIDIA Shield TV Pro | Denon AVR-X4000 | Boston Acoustics Lynnfield VR 950 mains, VR 10 center, NHT Superzero 2.1 surrounds | IDMax 12 v2d4 powered by a Crown XLS 1502 |
post #5287 of 5299 Old 07-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINaudio View Post
I'm still checking this thread! Thanks for these settings. I was starting to notice some fairly excessive banding in dark areas with tv programming (especially in GoT). I look forward to trying the new movie mode calibration out!

As an aside, with color tone set to warm 2 everything seems a bit off too me, almost too saturated, and whites definitely have a slight yellowish (warm) cast to them. It looks much more natural to me in standard color tone. Is that because that's what I'm used to watching it in? I'll pull out my disney WoW blu-ray tomorrow to check it out.
Glad to share the settings and hopefully they help...
Btw., the answer is yes, the reason the whites appear "yellowish" to you at first is simply because you are used to seeing the far too bluish whites otherwise. This is a very common and rather natural initial perception. If you give it some time, after a while if you switch back to standard, you'll notice how "bluish" the whites are, same as you are now perceiving them as "yellowish" The fact is the color temp and the gray-scale are exactly correct as calibrated with warm 2. White is calibrated exactly on the money, so it's just a matter of perception till you start realizing there is nothing yellowish to it, and the white is as pure as it gets without bluish or other tint...
post #5288 of 5299 Old 07-28-2017, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
Glad to share the settings and hopefully they help...
Btw., the answer is yes, the reason the whites appear "yellowish" to you at first is simply because you are used to seeing the far too bluish whites otherwise. This is a very common and rather natural initial perception. If you give it some time, after a while if you switch back to standard, you'll notice how "bluish" the whites are, same as you are now perceiving them as "yellowish" The fact is the color temp and the gray-scale are exactly correct as calibrated with warm 2. White is calibrated exactly on the money, so it's just a matter of perception till you start realizing there is nothing yellowish to it, and the white is as pure as it gets without bluish or other tint...
Thanks Z-mad. I've been watching on Warm 1 since the other day when watching GoT and I thought "Wow, that snow looks too blue" in order to get myself more used to it before I move to warm 2. :-)

I use an older calibration product from Pantone on my PC screens, that calibrates my monitors. The more I use them the more I feel that standard looked too blue. I wish there was a similar product for TV's! I'm sure that one day when I have more disposable income I will end up looking into the calman options for measuring and adjusting your own tv.

| Samsung UN55H7150 | NVIDIA Shield TV Pro | Denon AVR-X4000 | Boston Acoustics Lynnfield VR 950 mains, VR 10 center, NHT Superzero 2.1 surrounds | IDMax 12 v2d4 powered by a Crown XLS 1502 |
post #5289 of 5299 Old 07-28-2017, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all,
my Samsung UN55H7150 has DIED!!!

This TV set recently starting having flickering issues towards the top portion of the screen. Then out of nowhere it has just died. Tried calling Samsung to at least offer to cover parts on the repair. My attempt failed.

Has anyones set just died w/ similar symptoms? I'm reluctant to repair if it's something like the main mother board. I'd be in for $500 on the repair and i'd probably be better off buying a new set.

TIA
post #5290 of 5299 Old 08-04-2017, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Just curious if there is a way for me to launch the netflix "app" or whatever it is easier than going through the smarthub?

I do have a harmony ultiamte remote so I am trying to see if that can be programmed but I can't find anything yet. Hoping someone here has done similar.
post #5291 of 5299 Old 09-04-2017, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Just a quick a question, not sure if this is the right thread for it but will give it a go as had much great advice from you all before for settings and what not.

I'm looking to sell on my lovely Samsung UN55H7150 and move to a new set. Anyone have any idea what I should be charging for it or a resource that might be able to help out (I appreciate it won't be much but it all helps)?

Thanks in advance.
post #5292 of 5299 Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenH View Post
Just a quick a question, not sure if this is the right thread for it but will give it a go as had much great advice from you all before for settings and what not.

I'm looking to sell on my lovely Samsung UN55H7150 and move to a new set. Anyone have any idea what I should be charging for it or a resource that might be able to help out (I appreciate it won't be much but it all helps)?

Thanks in advance.
Not 55, 65, oops. UN65H7150
post #5293 of 5299 Old 09-10-2017, 12:00 PM

/tumbleweed

Ebay seems to suggest anywhere between 500 - 800 so will take a go somewhere in the middle with that.
post #5294 of 5299 Old 09-17-2017, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Can someone post audio tv settings? PCM or Dolby? Audio delay is 90 by default. Normal, movie or amplify sound?

I connect my tv to pc via hdmi and i see 1080p movies. (5+gb).

Z-Mad, why do you have Motion Plus Clear and not off?

Last edited by lazostat; 09-17-2017 at 09:38 AM.
post #5295 of 5299 Old 09-18-2017, 07:02 PM

My tv just auto-updated to firmware 2200. UGH.

Anyone have a clue what changed ?

BUT:
My Bluetooth headphones stopped working. I get the menu beeps, but no tv program audio. (Tried re connecting, etc). It's been working for 2 years.

Ok....figured it out: Turn tv volume all the way down. Then Connect headphones. Then set tv Audio BACK to tv speakers, Sound now goes thru headphones.

Dang Samsung. Grrrrr
post #5296 of 5299 Old 09-18-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter- View Post

BUT:
My Bluetooth headphones stopped working. I get the menu beeps, but no tv program audio. (Tried re connecting, etc). It's been working for 2 years.

Ok....figured it out: Turn tv volume all the way down. Then Connect headphones. Then set tv Audio BACK to tv speakers, Sound now goes thru headphones.

Dang Samsung. Grrrrr
Update: My workaround, also requires the tv to be turned offf an d back on to get tv speakers back.

Maybe someone has a better workaround/steps.
post #5297 of 5299 Old 09-19-2017, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter- View Post

BUT:

Dang Samsung. Grrrrr
Yeah, it would be nice for them to at least put out release notes ahead of time. No idea what this will do. Probably just removes more apps from the smart hub.
post #5298 of 5299 Old 09-29-2017, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazostat View Post
Can someone post audio tv settings? PCM or Dolby? Audio delay is 90 by default. Normal, movie or amplify sound?

I connect my tv to pc via hdmi and i see 1080p movies. (5+gb).

Z-Mad, why do you have Motion Plus Clear and not off?
lazostat, I find the 'Clear' setting to be acceptable, as it does improve motion resolution, especially for faster moving scenes and on a large screen such as the 75", while it does not introduce too much of noticeable SOE (just slightly, but something you stop noticing rather quickly, as it is very subtle). Of course, for the ultimately most accurate film cadence, you would turn it off, which is of course fine. I certainly would not recommend using any other Motion Plus setting, apart from either 'Clear' for a bit extra motion resolution, or ultimately 'off'.

Also, for the audio delay setting, I set mine on zero - no delay, which is perfect. You would use anything else than zero only if you are indeed experiencing synchronization issue depending on your sources... Start at zero and see if there is even any need to adjust...

Last edited by Z-Mad; 09-29-2017 at 02:59 PM.
post #5299 of 5299 Old 10-18-2017, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Soooo, my previously lovely UN46H7150 that had excellent color after I calibrated it is now showing a very noticeable darkening in the middle 70% of the screen (going from center to left or right). The outer 15% horizontally shows correct colors while the rest is darker, leaning toward a more yellowish white than white white. Anyone know of a way to nix this or what the cause might be? This TV is only three years old and shouldn't be doing this. My seven year old UN32C6500 still has great color despite its age, yet this newer and supposedly better TV just looks awful now.

It's kind of a major setback considering I still have to replace my RX-A3000 with a comparable AVR and being as I hate Audyssey with a passion, my choices are limited there too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171018_054520.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	524.0 KB
ID:	2300224  

When a Priest says they're going to Flash you, it isn't for healing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
cinemanow , UNxxH7150

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page