Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 2028 Old 06-09-2014, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 24
All 55" sets have the Samsung panels. All of the 60" have Sharp panels. Sharp panel version code starts with a H. Samsung can start with a T. U, or W. Sharp is not a bad panel. Not as good as a Samsung panel but close. Things get dicey when you get a AUO or CMO panel.
BarryNS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2028 Old 06-09-2014, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Aha. So it's just the 65'ers to be worried about, thanks hadn't sorted that out from the previous posts here. Of course on my way to the stores I convinced myself it's worth the $500 extra to go for the 65 versus the 60 LOL rolleyes.gif

One retailer did say they have four 65's in their warehouse and will check the version codes for me tomorrow. If they have a "good" one that is how I will go, otherwise I will probably grab the 60 that is in stock at another store. It will still be a step up size-wise from my now-dead 56 inch RPTV, and with the image degradation I had from that set over the last few years it will probably seem like a quantum leap in picture quality anyway smile.gif
post #543 of 2028 Old 06-09-2014, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My salesguy called to tell me, they received one 65in 7150 today....asked if I wanted him to hold it...verified it has a TH panel...told him YUP.....Hope to have it by the weekend smile.gif

~TC
post #544 of 2028 Old 06-09-2014, 10:14 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I picked up 2 of the 65H7150's for an installation at a customers house in NJ tonight and both were TS01 ID's.. They both looked great and we got to watch a little hockey on them before i got back home to my F8000 where I finished watching the game and realized that the F8000 is freaking awesome.

The 7150's look great and for the money they are a no brainer but I cant believe how great the F8000's were and they are gone pretty much.. The HU8550's are not great at all and as I posted on the HU thread they are less than stellar and in actuality I think the 7150 is better than the 8550 by a long shot.. So weird how each year not everything gets better..

I am seriously considering going to the 75H7150 from my 65F8000 as I want size and the 75HU8550 I have here is not worth all that money when it doesnt look great. The H7150 is like 1300 less and I think looks better.. Obviously not on 4K but theres no content anyhow smile.gif

It totally sucks that some people are getting weird software anomalies but we didnt experience any of that on the 2 we installed tonight and i updated both before we left.

Craig
post #545 of 2028 Old 06-09-2014, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys, just wanted to confirm that I too just had the green lines. UN55H7150. I have the latest update. I've had the tv for more than a month now. Only issues I've had are software.

1) smart hub is underpowered. Quad core my ass. Plex is pretty much worthless. I'll be using my Apple TV. Plus I can't tell you enough how bad hulu is.

2) plex actually just locked up. I had to unplug the tv in order to clear it

3) If you try to use the guide with direct tv, you better have tons of patience. It's suuuuppppeeer slow

Anyway. Green lines. Super weird. Only happened once so far. Don't ever want to see them again. This thing needs an update badly
post #546 of 2028 Old 06-09-2014, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroys88 View Post

All 55" sets have the Samsung panels. All of the 60" have Sharp panels. Sharp panel version code starts with a H. Samsung can start with a T. U, or W. Sharp is not a bad panel. Not as good as a Samsung panel but close. Things get dicey when you get a AUO or CMO panel.

Where exactly does it say this? I have the box with me but can't see it. (Canada)

post #547 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 05:52 AM

Hi Leidend - 

Check the "version" number on your box if you still have it. You should see four digits there that will tell you your panel. 

post #548 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerdrew02 View Post

Hey guys, just wanted to confirm that I too just had the green lines. UN55H7150. I have the latest update. I've had the tv for more than a month now. Only issues I've had are software.

Anyway. Green lines. Super weird. Only happened once so far. Don't ever want to see them again. This thing needs an update badly

Yea, it's happening to a bunch of us here.

I should edit that I watched the LOTR (Fellowship EE) and it has not happened yet.  (knock on wood) Im on disc two, and hoping it won't happen. Could it be a cable issue?   When I was watching a movie on-demand on the 6350 it happened once.... so who knows.

post #549 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 07:25 AM

Hey 7150-ers! I just found this thread. I ordered the 65H7150 from amazon this past Sunday (my first TV purchase!) and it should be here tomorrow. I love nitpicking my electronics (from PC to phone) and now my TV! I can't wait to join in on the conversation and mull over my purchase. The TV will be 50% gaming (Xbox 360/XB1), 25% live sports viewing, and 25% streaming, Mostly during the daytime. I am very interested on how to cut down the input lag (PC mode vs game mode) as I mainly play FPS. I will do all I can to provide valid information pertaining to this situation. I will report back on what panel the TV comes with, I am very interested on this subject b/c it seems like a total crap-shoot.  I also plan to update to the latest firmware (I am a SW eng) and I respect the software cycle (what ever that means). 

post #550 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 08:10 AM

Are the 75's also subject to the "panel lottery" for the version code you wind up getting?
post #551 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidend View Post

Where exactly does it say this? I have the box with me but can't see it. (Canada)

It is on the sticker on the outside of the box and the back of the set. It will have version number on it.
leidend likes this.
post #552 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryNS View Post

Are the 75's also subject to the "panel lottery" for the version code you wind up getting?

No
post #553 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerdrew02 View Post

1) smart hub is underpowered. Quad core my ass. Plex is pretty much worthless. I'll be using my Apple TV. Plus I can't tell you enough how bad hulu is.

2) plex actually just locked up. I had to unplug the tv in order to clear it

3) If you try to use the guide with direct tv, you better have tons of patience. It's suuuuppppeeer slow

1) I have had close to zero issues with Plex. Definitely not worthless...I would have returned the TV if that was the case, as that was my #1 reason for purchasing a Samsung. Plex runs beautifully on this TV. Are you sure it's not your Plex media server that is underpowered?

2) Firmware bugs are being worked on. Samsung told me a new firmware should be out in a week or so.

3) Are you talking about through a set top box or RVU? I'm using RVU and have had no issues with the guide.
post #554 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 08:35 AM

Liked: 14

Hello there people.  I understand a lot of you are currently concerned with PANELS and GREEN LINES but can ANYONE answer

my question about the built-in web browser?  Is anyone able to actually use it?  Thanks in advance.

post #555 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreKaos View Post

Hello there people.  I understand a lot of you are currently concerned with PANELS and GREEN LINES but can ANYONE answer

my question about the built-in web browser?  Is anyone able to actually use it?  Thanks in advance.

Hey, I thought of you last night when using the TV.  I tried surfing the web and no problems or lag. Keep in mind this is a wired connection... not sure if that matters or not.

Hope this helps.

post #556 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 11:04 AM

Hmmmm. Tnx for the reply. I guess the wired connection makes a big difference. I'm using wireless and

the lag makes the browsing unusable. But I otherwise have no lag or problems using any other streaming apps

like netflix, vudu, etc. Not sure why that is????

Are you using a keyboard for the web browser????

post #557 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Hello all ... need some input.  Looking at the UN75H7150 OR the HU658550.  I'm looking at these two TV's and it basically comes down to size vs. 4K.  I sit about 11 feet from my TV.  I've seen some of the 4K's displayed at Best Buy and they look amazing, but lack of content has me concerned ... for now.  Will the 65" 4K up-convert THAT much better than 1080p on the 75H7150?  Will HD DirectTV channels look any better?

Thanks so much people ... Mike

post #558 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattskr View Post

1) I have had close to zero issues with Plex. Definitely not worthless...I would have returned the TV if that was the case, as that was my #1 reason for purchasing a Samsung. Plex runs beautifully on this TV. Are you sure it's not your Plex media server that is underpowered?

2) Firmware bugs are being worked on. Samsung told me a new firmware should be out in a week or so.

3) Are you talking about through a set top box or RVU? I'm using RVU and have had no issues with the guide.

1) Plex is awesome, don't get me wrong. Maybe it's bc I have too many movies to load up but it certainly struggles to browse the movies. Maybe there's a browser setting I can change? It takes like 30 secs to go from one movie to the next. In fact, it locked up while doing so yesterday. I've also had the program crash on me while watching a movie.

2) cannot wait for a firmware update

3) I'm using direct tv with it's set top box. It's hooked directly to the receiver. The guide loads all 1000 bs channels. Editing the channel list in the settings actually doesn't do anything to what is displayed in the guide.

Just for reference, everything is wired and not wireless. And I get 35mbit/s internet download speeds
post #559 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:

Hmmmm. Tnx for the reply. I guess the wired connection makes a big difference. I'm using wireless and

the lag makes the browsing unusable. But I otherwise have no lag or problems using any other streaming apps

like netflix, vudu, etc. Not sure why that is????

Are you using a keyboard for the web browser????

Nada problem.

We also have the 6350 and it's connected via wireless.  I don't know if that supports web browsing or not.  Ill have to check later.  Ill also have to report back on the speed.  The 6350 is closer to the router, so Im not sure if the less interference would play a significant factor in speed. I'v watched a couple movies via Amazon Prime with no issues. 

I didn't use a keyboard, although I have an Apple wireless laying around somewhere.  Ill also check to see if that works.   Keep us posted.

post #560 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 12:07 PM

Tnx again!  Actually, I just tried the browser again about 5 minutes ago and THIS time it was much faster

and actually seemed usable.  I guess it's just a matter of my wireless router and service provider speed at

the moment.  Everything else works superbly with my new 7150 and I'm very happy with the purchase.

I guess if I really need to browse while in front of my TV I'll just use my ipad which is extremely swift browsing

while on the same wireless connection.

As I said, all else with the 7155 is working at an A level.

One other item I want to bring up for everyone here involves the SHARPNESS setting.

I've found it extremely interesting that I seem to be the only one, that I've seen so far, who has the

sharpness setting up as high as 70!

Most seem to be between 20 and 50.  Some even seem to have it at 0!!

I've seen all kinds of explanations for these low settings.

But I have to say, that I believe Samsung put the default at 50 because they believe that it should be

AT LEAST at 50.

In fact, I do believe that the sharpness setting should be put as high as it can go without starting to see noise.

When I have my setting at 0, or 20 even, my picture gets very flat, loses it's detail, and actually starts to look

like a non HD set.  WHY would you want to do that? At 70, I see the detail meant to be in an HD signal.

The wrinkles in faces, pimples, hair on women's faces, etc. LOL

Yes, I do strongly believe that you should turn UP the sharpness setting as high as you can and just to the point

where you begin to see some noise in the picture.

scoe141 likes this.
post #561 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTV69 View Post

Hello all ... need some input.  Looking at the UN75H7150 OR the HU658550.  I'm looking at these two TV's and it basically comes down to size vs. 4K.  I sit about 11 feet from my TV.  I've seen some of the 4K's displayed at Best Buy and they look amazing, but lack of content has me concerned ... for now.  Will the 65" 4K up-convert THAT much better than 1080p on the 75H7150?  Will HD DirectTV channels look any better?

Thanks so much people ... Mike

I chose between the same two sets and obviously got the 7150 and am happy with that decision. Unless you have HQ 4K content you will notice almost no difference especially at 11 feet away. The Samsung demos at Best Buy look that good for a reason---they spent a lot of money to make it look that good.

Buy this set, enjoy it, then pick up a 4K next time around when the prices are reasonable and content is widely available.
post #562 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 01:28 PM

"Buy this set, enjoy it, then pick up a 4K next time around when the prices are reasonable and content is widely available."

That's exactly what I was thinking. 3 years down the road, then upgrade if needed ... but for now ... this is the set. Great advice ... thanks!
post #563 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattskr View Post

I chose between the same two sets and obviously got the 7150 and am happy with that decision. Unless you have HQ 4K content you will notice almost no difference especially at 11 feet away. The Samsung demos at Best Buy look that good for a reason---they spent a lot of money to make it look that good.

Buy this set, enjoy it, then pick up a 4K next time around when the prices are reasonable and content is widely available.

+1

4k is pretty much a gimmick right now as there are no cable/satalite companies that even broadcast live tv in 1080p. By the time they do start broadcasting in 4k they will have much better sets on the market than they have today.

Life is hard, be harder.
post #564 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 02:45 PM

how are the 46" sets fairing? with my set up I could go a bit smaller and be fine, but i'm kind of getting hooked on this one.

does the panel lottery apply to the smaller set as well?
post #565 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 02:47 PM

I just pulled the trigger on a 65inch 7150 verified with the "TH" panel version code on the box...delivery is Friday. They are hauling away my old RPTV for an extra $30 which saves me trying to find a friend with a truck or big enough van for that beast to fit in to take it to the electronics recycler cool.gif
post #566 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 03:18 PM

"4k is pretty much a gimmick right now as there are no cable/satalite companies that even broadcast live tv in 1080p. By the time they do start broadcasting in 4k they will have much better sets on the market than they have today."

That's a valid point. I don't believe one can go wrong with the 7150 right now. Perhaps 4K OLED will be the norm in a few years. It will be interesting to see. I'm still wavering on the 65" 4K vs. the 75" 1080p though, but I know the right thing to do is wait on 4K.
post #567 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy1412 View Post

how are the 46" sets fairing? with my set up I could go a bit smaller and be fine, but i'm kind of getting hooked on this one.

does the panel lottery apply to the smaller set as well?

I absolutely love mine and have zero regrets buying it.  I tried a 40" 6350 and a 48" 6350 in the same location. (11' away) I prefer the 46" 7150.  It has better contrast, a better sscreen and deeper blacks.  To me it made a differences, to others it may not.  

post #568 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoe141 View Post

I absolutely love mine and have zero regrets buying it.  I tried a 40" 6350 and a 48" 6350 in the same location. (11' away) I prefer the 46" 7150.  It has better contrast, a better sscreen and deeper blacks.  To me it made a differences, to others it may not.  

what about the green lighting?

and do you now about the panels? should I be 'box shopping' for a TS or TH ( I believe those are the Samsung) panels?
post #569 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoe141 View Post

I just got off the phone with Samsung (via. telephone no. 1-800-726-7864).  I informed him of the green line flashing issue.  He said it was first time he's heard of that problem.  The guy was super nice and suggested that I do a factory reset.   (He said the factory reset wouldn't roll back the firmware update.)  

I know I probably should have gone through with it, but I really didn't feel like going through all the settings to reconfigure the TV.  Also from what I've read, it appears this issue has been happening with the latest firmware 1110.  The rep. said the next step would be a remote logon to possible fix it. 

Based on what I've been reading online, I feel that if that resolved the issue it would have been posted on here (or somewhere else). I have yet to come across anything that has worked. He said that if enough people call in, that their IT dept. would offer a new firmware update to possibly fix this. 

(Also keep in mind, we have the UN40H6350 and the SAME green line flashing problem occurs on it.)

Just to reconfirm, has anyone tried a factory reset? 

Hey scoe141, yes I've tried factory resets and it doesn't change the green lines. I've also called and had a ticket started. Do you have a ticket started with samsung I'll call or chat with them and reference your ticket. I've also tried doing a proper factory reset being (with tv off) press mute 1 8 2 then power when the tv comes on the service menu will be displayed sometimes it takes a couple tries. Doing this does nothing either, I believe its a setting in there that is different I don't know what it could be. I'll post all my settings tonight when the kids go to sleep and then someone with a non flashing tv will have to post theirs.

post #570 of 2028 Old 06-10-2014, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

I have the 1110 firmware and I promise you I have never yet had one occurence of any green flashing lines.

My guess is that those that are getting it, and I believe they are, have one particular setting in common.

If those of you who are getting it post your customized settings I bet we can figure it out.

I'm not so sure its pictures settings rather than actual panel settings. My first 65h7150 came with firmware 1107. I updated to version 1110 and bam green lines within an hour. I sent it back and got another set. It came with firmware 1107 and I left it with that setting however I wanted to use pandora on the smart tv and turned wifi on and it updated to 1110 automatically and within an hour i had green lines. I thought it was related to HDMI specifically but just today I was watching netflix using the on tv apps and I noticed it there as well. This is strange unless the tv just overlays the picture on top of regular tv. I have my cable box configured as well to use the IR blaster to switch channels. I will post all my settings tonight in service menu and pop up menu

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page