post #571 of 1577 Old 06-10-2014, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy1412 View Post

what about the green lighting?

and do you now about the panels? should I be 'box shopping' for a TS or TH ( I believe those are the Samsung) panels?

I think the green lighting will be fixed in a firmware update.  I havent noticed it while watching a full three hours of the LOTR EE.  It's annoying but it happens (usually through cable) it's so fast that it's hardly noticeable.   Personally I wouldn't let that deter you from buying the set.

As for the panels, I haven't seen the others.  My TV's have the TS01 and there have been no issues. When the backlighting is set (mine is 14) there is some flashlighting on the sides.  But from what I understand it's going to happen with the majority of those TVs in that price range.  It's no where near as cloudy as some of others have stated with certain panels.  For a piece of mind I'd get it from a local big box just to be sure.  Plus, it's only really noticeable on certain shades of black/gray and more so from the sides.    It doesn't bother me and I am pretty particular.   If you want, I can take a photo of it... although it may not do is justice and could give you a false perception.    Let me know if I can help further.

Best of luck.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 1577 Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofortyz View Post

Hey scoe141, yes I've tried factory resets and it doesn't change the green lines. I've also called and had a ticket started. Do you have a ticket started with samsung I'll call or chat with them and reference your ticket. I've also tried doing a proper factory reset being (with tv off) press mute 1 8 2 then power when the tv comes on the service menu will be displayed sometimes it takes a couple tries. Doing this does nothing either, I believe its a setting in there that is different I don't know what it could be. I'll post all my settings tonight when the kids go to sleep and then someone with a non flashing tv will have to post theirs.

Thanks goforty. The guy didn't give me a ticket number.  If it happens again Ill call him and pull one just to have it officially on record.  Then we can swap numbers and get on them about it.  I don't watch cable that much, so Im not sure if Im not seeing as frequently as others.  

I didn't think doing those steps would have fixed it either.  At least you tried for all of us!  haha  

Keep us posted.

post #573 of 1577 Old 06-10-2014, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoe141 View Post

I think the green lighting will be fixed in a firmware update.  I havent noticed it while watching a full three hours of the LOTR EE.  It's annoying but it happens (usually through cable) it's so fast that it's hardly noticeable.   Personally I wouldn't let that deter you from buying the set.

As for the panels, I haven't seen the others.  My TV's have the TS01 and there have been no issues. When the backlighting is set (mine is 14) there is some flashlighting on the sides.  But from what I understand it's going to happen with the majority of those TVs in that price range.  It's no where near as cloudy as some of others have stated with certain panels.  For a piece of mind I'd get it from a local big box just to be sure.  Plus, it's only really noticeable on certain shades of black/gray and more so from the sides.    It doesn't bother me and I am pretty particular.   If you want, I can take a photo of it... although it may not do is justice and could give you a false perception.    Let me know if I can help further.

Best of luck.  

thanks for the info!

no pics required.... I almost went tonight (my current Samsung has the issues with vertical lines and horizontal movement as well, but the tv has to be 7 years old or so, so I cant complain). they did go away again in their own, but its pretty annoying at this point.

hopefully I will make it to the weekend and will look around locally for the 7150.
post #574 of 1577 Old 06-10-2014, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
We'll here we go my settings (menu button on remote):

PICTURE
Picture Mode - Movie
Backlight - 14
Contrast - 94
Brightness - 50
Sharpness - 5
Color - 50
Tint - g50/r50

Picture Size
16:9

3D Mode - Off

Advanced Settings
Dynamic Contrast - Off
Black Tone - Off
Flesh Tone - 0
RGB Mode - Off
Color Space - Auto
White Balance - 2 point not configured 10 point off
Gamma - 0
Motion Lighting - Off

Picture Options
Color Tone - Warm2
Digital Noise View - high
MPEG Noise View - high
HDMI Black Level - normal (not selectable)
Film Mode - Off (not selectable)
Auto Motion Plus- Smooth
Cinema Black - Off

SOUND
SoundConnected to Hw-h550

SYSTEM
Accessibility
Voice guide - off
Menu transparency - medium
High contrast - off
Enlarge - off

Menu language - English

Smart Control Settings
Motion sensitivity - normal
Touch sensitivity - normal
Onscreen remote size - normal size

EcoSolution
Energy Saving - off
Eco Sensor - off
No signal power off - 15 min
Auto Power Off - Off

Smart security - off (just turned off was previously on this could be the setting to change)
Auto protection time - off

General
Game mode - off
Bd wise - on
Sound Feedback - low
Panel lock - off
Boot logo - on
Samsung instant on - on

Anynet+ - on
post #575 of 1577 Old 06-10-2014, 09:38 PM

Service Menu Settings (press mute 1 8 2 power)
Option
Mrt option
Front color u-m-v-7k
Lvds format jeida
Wifi region S
OTN support on
OTA support off
Media play dlna --
Number of PVR Record 0
Select LCD/PDP. LCD
E-pop default on
Camera support off
3d support on
Bt support on
Bt address :not shown
Smart control support on

Control
Edid off

SVC
Option hdmi
Dvi hdmi sound -auto
Hdmi hot plug disable
Hot plug switching source
Clk term duration 1200ms
Hdmi flt cnt sig 100ms
Hdmi flt cnt Los 100ms
Unstable ban cnt 5000ms
Hdmi robin on
Hdmi callback off
Hdmi cts thld 8
Hdmi cts cnt1 1
Hdmi eq auto
Dvi set time 300ms
Hdmi sync DE

ADC / WB
ADC result all 0's
White balance
R off 128
G off 128
B off 128
R Gain 130
G Gain 128
B Gain 171
Rest are unselectable
post #576 of 1577 Old 06-11-2014, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofortyz View Post

Service Menu Settings (press mute 1 8 2 power)
Option
Mrt option
Front color u-m-v-7k
Lvds format jeida
Wifi region S
OTN support on
OTA support off
Media play dlna --
Number of PVR Record 0
Select LCD/PDP. LCD
E-pop default on
Camera support off
3d support on
Bt support on
Bt address :not shown
Smart control support on

Control
Edid off

SVC
Option hdmi
Dvi hdmi sound -auto
Hdmi hot plug disable
Hot plug switching source
Clk term duration 1200ms
Hdmi flt cnt sig 100ms
Hdmi flt cnt Los 100ms
Unstable ban cnt 5000ms
Hdmi robin on
Hdmi callback off
Hdmi cts thld 8
Hdmi cts cnt1 1
Hdmi eq auto
Dvi set time 300ms
Hdmi sync DE

ADC / WB
ADC result all 0's
White balance
R off 128
G off 128
B off 128
R Gain 130
G Gain 128
B Gain 171
Rest are unselectable

Cool, I have a few questions.

1. Why did you adjust coarse (2 point) white balance in the service menu vs. the normal user control menu?
  2. Did you re-calibrate the ADC using the Samsung service procedure?
  3. Can you please explain all of your service menu changes as..
    1. name & purpose of the setting itself
    2. why you changed it vs. stock setting

thanks!

-SiGGy
post #577 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My UN55H7150 arrived, and one of the first things I did was to check the FW revision level. It was 1108. I had read here about the green flash problem, so I set it to not automatically update.

Yesterday when I fired it up, it proudly announced it had updated itself to 1110. I checked and the auto-updating was still turned off, so that's broken.

So far I have seen no ill-effects from the 1110 update, keeping my fingers crossed.
post #578 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 07:35 AM

Quick question. I bought the UN60H7100 from Costco last night, obviously with a Sharp panel, but I did see that they had the UN65H7100's with the TH01 panels (Samsung), which I believe is what people want. Question is, are the Samsung panels better than the Sharp panels? Enough to warrant taking back the 60" to pick up the 65" with the Samsung panel? Thanks in advance.
post #579 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello all - first post here. I just purchased the UN65H7150 - still sitting in the box in my living room. This forum has been very useful and although 90% of what is discussed here may as well be in a different language, I'm slowly learning and I appreciate all of the information.

Clueless as I am when it comes to this stuff, can someone provide a basic breakdown of how I should set this TV up? There appear to be a few consistent issues that owners of this set are experiencing. Any immediate items I should be adjusting or looking out for?

I'll use this TV for 50% television (mostly sports), 10% movies, and 40% gaming. I want to set it up to best accommodate the above. I see a lot about calibration and the adjustment of settings. Is this something a resourceful individual can figure out on their own, or should I be hiring someone who knows what their doing?

I've noticed there is PC-Mode and/or Game-Mode. Can different 'modes' be applied and set to individual inputs, or do they need to be changed manually as you switch from one use to another (ie - regular tv to gaming).

Lastly, I'm looking to add a soundbar but I've read here there are some compatibility issues and it's not as simple as just hooking it up and leaving it alone. Any suggestions on a soundbar under $500 that works well with this TV (that a simpleton can connect)?

Thanks for your help in advance.
post #580 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Froth View Post
Hello all - first post here. I just purchased the UN65H7150 - still sitting in the box in my living room. This forum has been very useful and although 90% of what is discussed here may as well be in a different language, I'm slowly learning and I appreciate all of the information.

Clueless as I am when it comes to this stuff, can someone provide a basic breakdown of how I should set this TV up? There appear to be a few consistent issues that owners of this set are experiencing. Any immediate items I should be adjusting or looking out for?

I'll use this TV for 50% television (mostly sports), 10% movies, and 40% gaming. I want to set it up to best accommodate the above. I see a lot about calibration and the adjustment of settings. Is this something a resourceful individual can figure out on their own, or should I be hiring someone who knows what their doing?

I've noticed there is PC-Mode and/or Game-Mode. Can different 'modes' be applied and set to individual inputs, or do they need to be changed manually as you switch from one use to another (ie - regular tv to gaming).

Lastly, I'm looking to add a soundbar but I've read here there are some compatibility issues and it's not as simple as just hooking it up and leaving it alone. Any suggestions on a soundbar under $500 that works well with this TV (that a simpleton can connect)?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Congrats on the new purchase! I think you'll really like this TV, as most of us on here do.

As for the setup... it's pretty straight forward and I wouldn't let it intimidate you. Once you plug it in and turn it on, there are prompts guiding you through the process. You can't really "break" anything without going back to undo something.

As for the software update. Im reading/experiencing mixed things. Some people (including myself) have observed green lines flashing momentarily on the screen. However I haven't seen them in last 3 hours or so viewing Blue Ray Discs and cable TV. Others haven't seen them at all. I wouldn't let that deter you from enjoying your new set.

As for the settings there are several settings and guides on AVS as well as the internet. It's going to come down to what YOU think is the best for your viewing environment. A lot of people like the picture out of the box, but make a view adjustments. You can play with sharpness, back lighting, contrast and brightness. The other settings are OK (IMO) but you can adjust them to your liking. Auto Motion Plus is another feature that is talked about quite often. The settings I've seen used most are clear or custom. Some people turn it off during movies to get a more "natural feel" and lose the "soap opera" effect. (Where the main character moving around looks like a robot and everything around him is still.) Others like it. It will be up to you and what you think looks best. I don't know how it will be for gaming.

You can pay someone to calibrate your display but it's going to cost you a few bucks. (Also more info on certified calibrators on AVS as well... just do a quick search.)

As for sound bars, you can try some local big box stores to see what sounds best to your ears. ZVOX has some solid reviews your TV size. I'm sure someone will chime in to answer your other questions, if not let me know through here or PM and we can get you squared away with finding you a solid sound bar and get your other settings taken care of.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Last edited by scoe141; 06-12-2014 at 09:41 AM.
post #581 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 11:56 AM

New firmware has been posted to Samsung's support page. Here's to hoping it fixes the green frames and speed issue.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...UN55H7150AFXZA
post #582 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzleation View Post
New firmware has been posted to Samsung's support page. Here's to hoping it fixes the green frames and speed issue.

Details:

Title 1. This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED H5500/H6300/H6350/H6400/H7100/H7150
The version is 1110.4
This firmware update will improve the following:

- Improved browser performance

- Improved app performance

- Improved stability2. Applicable Model 3. Carrier or Corporate Customer Description

It's a pretty sizable firmware update. Weighs in at 730mb

Last edited by fixerdrew02; 06-12-2014 at 12:34 PM.
post #583 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzleation View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerdrew02 View Post
Details:

Title 1. This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED H5500/H6300/H6350/H6400/H7100/H7150
The version is 1110.4

- Improved stability2. Applicable Model 3. Carrier or Corporate Customer Description

Last edited by fixerdrew02; Today at 12:34 PM.
Awesome, thanks guys! I'll be curious to see if the differences are noticeable.
post #584 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 02:43 PM

My TV doesn't recognize that there's a new firmware update. I do have 1110 already installed, but it doesn't let me know if it's 1110.4. I downloaded the actual file and followed the directions from the PDF and the TV doesn't find a "valid" firmware update.

I have the UN55H7150 and downloaded the file from:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...-0813-11000279

What do you guys think?
post #585 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Details:

The version is 1110.4

Hey fixerdrew02, firmware 1110.4 is the firmware that people are having problems with it's been out since a week into May.
post #586 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGGy View Post

Cool, I have a few questions.
  1. Why did you adjust coarse (2 point) white balance in the service menu vs. the normal user control menu?
  2. Did you re-calibrate the ADC using the Samsung service procedure?
  3. Can you please explain all of your service menu changes as..
    1. name & purpose of the setting itself
    2. why you changed it vs. stock setting
thanks!
Well short answer I messed up lol. I was going through the service menus and went to go back a page and hit the wrong button forcing it to do a calibration and it screwed the colors up bad. So I tweaked them to have a decent picture. I haven't changed anything else in the service menu I posted it so that we could use it to see if the firmware update to 1110 causes anything in those menus to change.
post #587 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungHD101 View Post
Went back to Costco today and played with the remote and settings. 60 and 65"er looked MUCH better and outperformed the vizios in my opinion. The initial "eco" setting looks very dull!
This is from way back in this thread. I didn't see any updated photos. Can we confirm that those pictures were indeed Eco and that the 7150 is a solid performer? Just making sure before I hit that BUY button.
post #588 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Deciding on my new TV purchase, will be seating ~12ft away from the TV, have the budget around $3.5K. From that price point I can go for a 65" 4K TV (Sony 65" X900A or Samsung 65H8550 on my shortlist as well) or few hundreds stretch more to get this Samsung 75inch H7150. The furthest stretch I would probably consider is the 2013 Samsung 75 inch F8000 which is quite a stretch! What would you guys recommend? Bigger is always better? Need to make up my mind this week...
post #589 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 04:42 PM

Hey folks, one more hiccup to add to the list...

Often times we use the voice activated controls on the remote...for the most part it has been pretty accurate. But lately it refuses to take number requests, such as "channel 800" or "change to channel 800". If we say "HBO" it will work...it will work on every station name request except WGN and HGTV...every other verbal request seems to work, "channel down", "channel up", etc...

Thing is we always watch HGTV and channel 800....lol, man modern tv's are buggy!

For what it's worth, I think we have firmware 1110 and I just tried to update to a newer version but the updater says there isn't any...
post #590 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
how does this set do for gaming. just sent back my pn64f8500 it was great for gaming but it made a really loud buzzing noise. just ordered this tv from sears
un65h7150. can the owners please let me know how it is for gaming. please take pictures. if I don't like this one then its 4k but I really like the stand. thanks for the help.
post #591 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 05:36 PM

Liked: 1
think so,dialed it back somewhere between 0 to 5 fixed the fuzzy text and pictures issues. Would also appreciate better calibration settings. I'll try the lcdtvbuyingguide ones when I get home.thank you [IMG]http://*******/8e9eFH[/IMG]
post #592 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 06:33 PM

Amazing

Picked up our UN65H7150 yesterday....only watched cable, but I'm blown away,TH01 panel. Called ahead and made em check, before I bought it. Did not set up WiFi as it appears the Auto Update "Off" is broken,,,I have firmware 1105 per the update screen...going to wait for next update which will hopefully address green flashing, so far (only one day) haven't had any issues...no green flashing or flashlighting.

~TC
post #593 of 1577 Old 06-12-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivor View Post
Deciding on my new TV purchase, will be seating ~12ft away from the TV, have the budget around $3.5K. From that price point I can go for a 65" 4K TV (Sony 65" X900A or Samsung 65H8550 on my shortlist as well) or few hundreds stretch more to get this Samsung 75inch H7150. The furthest stretch I would probably consider is the 2013 Samsung 75 inch F8000 which is quite a stretch! What would you guys recommend? Bigger is always better? Need to make up my mind this week...
When it comes to TV's bigger is usually better. I had started out with a 32" in my room (about 10-12' viewing distance) then eventually went with a 46". I love it. (UN46H7150) (Keep in mind this is in my bedroom, so I didn't want anything too big.

I would go into a local store and see the tv's for yourself. Map out a distance and see how it looks from that viewing point. It helped me a lot.

As for which TV.... I don't know if I'm sold on the curved models. However you are future proofing by going 4k. Samsung (IMO) was the best looking TV (in my price range... which was under 2k). That's only my personal opinion.

The Samsung UN65HU8550 looks amazing. In fact I would pull the trigger on that, unless you need other AV accessories in your home theater then I'd look at the Samsung UN65H7150. Are you all set with a good receiver, sound etc.?

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Last edited by scoe141; 06-12-2014 at 07:18 PM.
post #594 of 1577 Old 06-13-2014, 07:28 AM

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased the UN60H7150. Sharp panel, naturally. I think I got lucky that I have only minor flash lighting, and coming from a Samsung LNT4671, it's a pretty significant bump in quality. I'm aware of all the quirks that come from moving from an LCD to an edge-lit LED, however I would like to pick the brains of some of you:

- I'm having a tough time producing an image with a Blu Ray source that has the colors pop, but also doesn't have black crush. I have been messing with the Contrast, Brightness, Gamma and Backlight settings constantly. When I reach a pretty great image when watching Tangled, for example, I'll turn on The Venture Brothers and dark scenes will become obscured to all hell - possibly not a good comparison since turning on 3D affects the brightness of the set, and the glasses also dim my view somewhat. From your experience, which of the above 4 settings affects the dark settings the most without compromising the detail? I used to set brightness to 45 but the dark scenes in Speed Racer were nigh unwatchable. Setting it to 60 made it better, but then made Tangled look too washed out --- ah, growing pains of new TV-dom

- I play a LOT of video games, and I've noticed something peculiar. I'm getting moderate to significant motion blur on games with my PS3 and Xbox 360 that I did not have on my LNT 4671. But ONLY from sources that are 720p. I'll start up Super Stardust, Geometry Wars 2 or Wipeout, which run in 1080p, and everything's fine. Once I play Bayonetta, Last of Us, or anything that is sourced in 720p and then upscaled, I get the motion blur.

Now, I'm aware that going from 46 inches to 60, keeping the same resolution, will introduce some artifacts I hadn't noticed before. The blur is likely coming from how the TV and/or console handles this upscaling. For reference, my Wii U and PS4 have NO issues whatsoever, even in the few Wii U games that run at 720p.

Also for reference, I have attempted settings in Game Mode, PC mode, and turned off all video processing. One thing that I think could potentially be affecting it is that I have my PS3/XB360 hooked up to an Auvio HDMI splitter since I have 5 HDMI devices.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, have you been able to take any steps to reduce this motion blur? It's not a deal breaker by any stretch, but it's something I do notice coming from my last TV.

Other than these 2 things, it's a gorgeous TV and would recommend it to anyone.
post #595 of 1577 Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinj View Post
how does this set do for gaming. just sent back my pn64f8500 it was great for gaming but it made a really loud buzzing noise. just ordered this tv from sears
un65h7150. can the owners please let me know how it is for gaming. please take pictures. if I don't like this one then its 4k but I really like the stand. thanks for the help.
This TV is fine for gaming. I wouldn't consider the Samsung 4k for gaming because for one there are no games that will support 4k in the PS4/Xbone generation. PC games can support 4k if you have a PC with a beast of a graphics card. Two, upscaling your games to 4K just puts the input lag of the 4K sets to an almost unacceptable level.
post #596 of 1577 Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
My TV doesn't recognize that there's a new firmware update. I do have 1110 already installed, but it doesn't let me know if it's 1110.4. I downloaded the actual file and followed the directions from the PDF and the TV doesn't find a "valid" firmware update.

I have the UN55H7150 and downloaded the file from:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...-0813-11000279

What do you guys think?
Hey if you go to the menu -> Support -> contact Samsung. It will bring up an info screen with the exact version if firmware you are running.

I got my 65H7150 yesterday and hooked it up. It instantly downloaded 1110.4 firmware. Sadly I have not had enough time to run the TV through any good tests. Or adjust the picture. I Just watched the NBA finals last night. Looked good though!
post #597 of 1577 Old 06-13-2014, 02:12 PM

Got my 65 inch 7150 today. Out of the box impressions - very good picture with default settings using HD satellite via HDMI. I did have to crank down the audio delay from the defaults with the internal speakers. I plan to give it some burn-in time for a few weeks before running a calibration bluray and doing some tweaks.

One annoying thing - how do I remove the protective clear film strip that runs along the bottom edge of the TV over the "Samsung" name plate? I didn't notice this when assembling it onto the base/stand...do I have to remove the TV from the base to get this strip off?
post #598 of 1577 Old 06-13-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryNS View Post
One annoying thing - how do I remove the protective clear film strip that runs along the bottom edge of the TV over the "Samsung" name plate? I didn't notice this when assembling it onto the base/stand...do I have to remove the TV from the base to get this strip off?
You shouldn't have to remove the base to remove the protective plastic from the bottom of the set. Once I had it mounted on the wall, I just started from one edge and slowly pulled it out and up and it came off without a problem. Just go slow and you'll be fine.

Hope this helps.

Congrats on the new TV and enjoy!
post #599 of 1577 Old 06-13-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryNS View Post
I was concerned about setting the tv on the bezel, so I mounted the stand before removing the clear wrap....I was able to remove it, using a X-Acto knife, without any scratches, just go slow.

~TC
post #600 of 1577 Old 06-13-2014, 03:34 PM

Tweezers to the rescue LOL.

I got it started at the right edge with the tweezers and then "out and up" and it was removed.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page