post #601 of 1298 Old 06-13-2014, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryNS View Post
Tweezers to the rescue LOL.

I got it started at the right edge with the tweezers and then "out and up" and it was removed.
haha nice! Hopefully someone will use your method as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Some more feedback after a bit more screen time with satellite HD movies last night and a bit of PS3 gaming. There is a bit of flashlighting with the out of the box picture settings - really only on the left corners of the screen - but this was only noticeable with letterbox movies with the black bars if you went looking for it, and in any event was easily eliminated by just turning down the backlighting a bit.

The gloss finish screen does pick up room reflections in the daytime (I have light coloured walls) but again easily ignored and only noticeable with very dark scenes onscreen.

The motion blur settings though took a bit of tinkering. I am VERY sensitive to these types of things (back in the day when I first looked at a DLP set I couldn't understand how they were sold with the rainbows which gave me a headache within a few minutes of watching, and that was before I had even heard about the issue), but whats interesting is the Samsung "blur" is a bit different from the "trailing" look I am more familiar with on LCD sets - basically, on the Samsung with the out of the box settings it was almost like an instantaneous "freeze frame" was happening off and on during motion transitions. I played around with the various picture modes and settings and found the "clear" setting was the best, although using "game mode" seemed to eliminate it as well (but made the other various source satellite HD feed quality problems of digital artifacts, etc a lot more visible).

In terms of gaming, I saw no noticeable input lag playing GTA-V on the PS3 and didn't need to use "game mode".
post #603 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So after turning off smart security I have not noticed the green flash. Would anyone else try this and see if you have the same results.

Menu>System>Smart Security - turn off
post #604 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofortyz View Post
So after turning off smart security I have not noticed the green flash. Would anyone else try this and see if you have the same results.

Menu>System>Smart Security - turn off
As a matter of fact, I did the same thing, and haven't noticed the "green lines" since. I had been having problems with an anomaly when turning on the TV that gave me a distorted picture in the top half of the screen, and a pink colored screen in the bottom half. I had tried switching HDMI inputs first, but to no avail. The input with the feed from the modem continued the same behavior. I have the TV hardwired to the modem for the "Smart" functions. I decided to try turning a few things off that were directly linked to the Uverse modem, and the security option was one of them. I haven't had the anomaly, or the "green lines" since. Could be just a coincidence. All this abnormal behavior didn't start to happen until after the 1110 update, which I still don't remember downloading. I'll have to keep watching, and keep my fingers crossed. Oops, I spoke too soon. Just saw the "green" for the first time in a while. Back to the drawing board!

Last edited by mlk4114; 06-16-2014 at 03:20 AM.
post #605 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What do you guys think about the clear motion settings? I noticed hiccups when watching cable. I turned it totally off and it seems better. I use game mode for games because I did notice some input lag. This TV doesn't need all the extra settings if you use a good source. Also, is micro dimming pro always on? Which setting is it? I wish this TV had a motion test to really show you what the settings do.
post #606 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 05:15 PM

My father's day special gift was waking up to my UN75H7150 with no picture but sound??? Nothing on the display, no menu, no picture from any source, no apps - nothing on the screen period. The sound is fine. Powered the set off many times to no luck. Purchased from Amazon on 4/11/14. I logged a ticket with Samsung but any thoughts for resolve? Things to try??? Desperate in Tampa!!!
post #607 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsc View Post
My father's day special gift was waking up to my UN75H7150 with no picture but sound??? Nothing on the display, no menu, no picture from any source, no apps - nothing on the screen period. The sound is fine. Powered the set off many times to no luck. Purchased from Amazon on 4/11/14. I logged a ticket with Samsung but any thoughts for resolve? Things to try??? Desperate in Tampa!!!
That sucks

You pulled the power plug from the wall for a few minutes right? If not, unplug it for 5 minutes and try again. Not much else you can do.

If it doesn't come back after that; I would call Amazon and see if you can swap. Don't delay... Unless you think having it serviced is a better/easier option it is a big tv.

-SiGGy

Last edited by SiGGy; 06-15-2014 at 05:50 PM.
post #608 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 06:29 PM

Great idea, did it a couples of times. No luck...
post #609 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 07:08 PM

Liked: 0
Hey guys. Relatively new around here and consider myself as a beginner with A/V set up. I'm in need of some help/suggestions. Recently bought UN65H7150 (TH01) and am having some difficulties dialing the picture. I've noticed watching the NBA Finals the picture looks slightly fuzzy and screen just doesn't "pop."

The other thing I've noticed watching cable TV is when there is a scene change faces initially look fuzzy and it takes around a second for the screen to "come into focus." This is particularly noticeable watching a show like Deadliest Catch where I can see small verticals bands of graininess, especially against a dark background. I'm assuming this is all related and hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction.
post #610 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddscat View Post
Hey guys. Relatively new around here and consider myself as a beginner with A/V set up. I'm in need of some help/suggestions. Recently bought UN65H7150 (TH01) and am having some difficulties dialing the picture. I've noticed watching the NBA Finals the picture looks slightly fuzzy and screen just doesn't "pop."

The other thing I've noticed watching cable TV is when there is a scene change faces initially look fuzzy and it takes around a second for the screen to "come into focus." This is particularly noticeable watching a show like Deadliest Catch where I can see small verticals bands of graininess, especially against a dark background. I'm assuming this is all related and hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction.
Not sure if this is you're problem, but when using the smart controller, because of the position of the button, I often turn 3d on by accident....it gets pretty crappy looking...screen goes black, when changing over...check your picture settings, make sure 3d is off....IMO the 3d button is too close to the menu button. The 1st time I did it, I almost died...thought oh no, here we go.

~TC
post #611 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I got my 65H7150 from Amazon last Friday. It has the TH01 panel. It's an impressive leap in picture quality coming from an older 52" LCD Sony! I turned off the firmware update since reading posts here that a newer update may cause the green flashing. I found the original version also has the green vertical bar flashing, and it's not a deal breaker as it rarely happens. Even so, a new TV should not act this way. Maybe it's the "security setting" causing it as others mentioned. Does this TV need the security setting on?

One one other issue was the older Samsung BluRay player and the BD Wise setting. I'm not sure the TV processed the BD Wise feature the first time around. DVD's looked bad - blurry, etc... Messing with BD Wise and turning off Film Mode fixed that issue.
Here's a link on BD Wise for Samsung players: http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-bd-wise.htm

There's some screen reflection but, not bad at all. The old Sony had a matte finish and this Samsung looks so much better.
There's a comparison on new SonyTV's compared with Samsungs on screen reflection and the Samsung appears to have less reflections.
Good deal!

I have no flashighting, light bleed or grayish background - it's dark, and wasn't expecting that. Very nice!

I haven't tried 3D yet. The apps and the so called "quad core" for the Smart features is not that good.
My Roku does much better in that department and I'm hard wired, not WiFi. It still stumbles and delays on the built in apps.

post #612 of 1298 Old 06-15-2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC8080 View Post
I got my 65H7150 from Amazon last Friday. It has the TH01 panel. It's an impressive leap in picture quality coming from an older 52" LCD Sony! I turned off the firmware update since reading posts here that a newer update may cause the green flashing. I found the original version also has the green vertical bar flashing, and it's not a deal breaker as it rarely happens. Even so, a new TV should not act this way. Maybe it's the "security setting" causing it as others mentioned. Does this TV need the security setting on?

One one other issue was the older Samsung BluRay player and the BD Wise setting. I'm not sure the TV processed the BD Wise feature the first time around. DVD's looked bad - blurry, etc... Messing with BD Wise and turning off Film Mode fixed that issue.
Here's a link on BD Wise for Samsung players: http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-bd-wise.htm

There's some screen reflection but, not bad at all. The old Sony had a matte finish and this Samsung looks so much better.
There's a comparison on new SonyTV's compared with Samsungs on screen reflection and the Samsung appears to have less reflections.
Good deal!

I have no flashighting, light bleed or grayish background - it's dark, and wasn't expecting that. Very nice!

I haven't tried 3D yet. The apps and the so called "quad core" for the Smart features is not that good.
My Roku does much better in that department and I'm hard wired, not WiFi. It still stumbles and delays on the built in apps.

post #613 of 1298 Old 06-16-2014, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanitormang View Post
What do you guys think about the clear motion settings? I noticed hiccups when watching cable. I turned it totally off and it seems better. I use game mode for games because I did notice some input lag. This TV doesn't need all the extra settings if you use a good source. Also, is micro dimming pro always on? Which setting is it? I wish this TV had a motion test to really show you what the settings do.
I think the general feelings are going to be mixed. I've done comparison tests with the Spears and Munsil DVD and noticed a difference in some of the "action" clips. I have mine set to Clear. It seems to stop the action but not cause any juddering to the characters. (Something I was getting on Standard.) Overall I like it. Once football season starts, I'll be watching more TV , so I'll see if I can really notice a difference there.
post #614 of 1298 Old 06-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Im debating between the Samsung UN65H7150 and the Sony KDL-65W950B.
The main differences are the active vs passive 3d (not sure if or how much I'll even use 3d) and the Samsung has 240 refresh opposed to 120 on the Sony. Any input from owners to help me make a good decision on a new 65" set?

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV 
Denon AVR-2113CI
Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts)
Polk Monitor 50's (Rears)
Polk CS2 (Center)
Acoustech PL-200
post #615 of 1298 Old 06-16-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Good deal!

I went to check the version again and the Auto Update was turned ON. Looks like a glitch to me as I'm sure I turned it off. I just turned the TV off and waited a few minutes and the Auto Update is still Off. Maybe overnight with the set off, the Auto Update defaults to On.

Anyway, with version 1110 the odd green flashes are happening.

post #616 of 1298 Old 06-16-2014, 05:06 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk4114 View Post
As a matter of fact, I did the same thing, and haven't noticed the "green lines" since. I had been having problems with an anomaly when turning on the TV that gave me a distorted picture in the top half of the screen, and a pink colored screen in the bottom half. I had tried switching HDMI inputs first, but to no avail. The input with the feed from the modem continued the same behavior. I have the TV hardwired to the modem for the "Smart" functions. I decided to try turning a few things off that were directly linked to the Uverse modem, and the security option was one of them. I haven't had the anomaly, or the "green lines" since. Could be just a coincidence. All this abnormal behavior didn't start to happen until after the 1110 update, which I still don't remember downloading. I'll have to keep watching, and keep my fingers crossed. Oops, I spoke too soon. Just saw the "green" for the first time in a while. Back to the drawing board!
Has anyone been able to grab a screen shot of the "green lines" problem? I think it might help sort this problem out and prove we aren't crazy. Thanks
post #617 of 1298 Old 06-16-2014, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Paused on the UN75H7150 due to this thread

OMG, just read this entire thread from start to finish, it's like reading a suspense novel. The drama, the suspense, the dismay, the tribulation, victory, true love!

We were going to order a UN75H7150 online for my father's day present but the Sammy DLP died unexpectedly, so we rushed out to buy the 7150 locally for World Cup.
When we got to hhgregg they had all of them up on the stands and the 7150 wasn't presenting well at all (plus they were showing broadcast quality on RGB of World Cup as their demo).

Short story long - we were distracted by the awesomeness of the Sharp 80" Q+. It was literally blowing away the Sammy's. We then peeled back to the Q+ 70" due to room/wall size. One of our big issues is that our room is mostly floor to ceiling glass, and the 7150 has more reflection than the Sharp (it appears to be matte). We were confused because the Sharp never came up in all my research and comparisons for the 70+ size LEDs. I had to go do more research.

I'm picky (or at least thought I was until I read this thread) but most of our viewing habits are FIOS or my NAS, we don't watch any physical media anymore. My current Yamaha up converts and does a great job on the DLP, we're pleased. I want accurate colors, no pixilation, no motion blur, limited to no shadows - Easy config for the fairer half. And we want a wow factor. The Sharp Q+ (70UQ17U) had that in spades, but the matte screen wasn't as bright. This is where research and gut reaction collide.

Like I said I just went through this entire thread and I cannot say for sure where the 75" 7150 falls in the AVS acknowledged OCD crowd. Everyone had different perceptions based on prior experience, but it "sounds" like conventional wisdom on this 75" screen is that it can be tweaked to wow for color and motion, that the screen lottery is for the 65", and that I will not regret my purchase - but there will be reflection from sunny windows (florida + floor to ceiling glass = tv killer). Frankly, I don't think anybody gushed over the new 7150.

Does that about sum it up? Will execute on this shortly.
conkris likes this.
post #618 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 02:53 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroys88 View Post
All 55" sets have the Samsung panels. All of the 60" have Sharp panels. Sharp panel version code starts with a H. Samsung can start with a T. U, or W. Sharp is not a bad panel. Not as good as a Samsung panel but close. Things get dicey when you get a AUO or CMO panel.
How do you find the panel code? Is it part of the serial number? Can someone give me a sample code?
post #619 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezwatts View Post
OMG, just read this entire thread from start to finish, it's like reading a suspense novel. The drama, the suspense, the dismay, the tribulation, victory, true love!

We were going to order a UN75H7150 online for my father's day present but the Sammy DLP died unexpectedly, so we rushed out to buy the 7150 locally for World Cup.
When we got to hhgregg they had all of them up on the stands and the 7150 wasn't presenting well at all (plus they were showing broadcast quality on RGB of World Cup as their demo).

Short story long - we were distracted by the awesomeness of the Sharp 80" Q+. It was literally blowing away the Sammy's. We then peeled back to the Q+ 70" due to room/wall size. One of our big issues is that our room is mostly floor to ceiling glass, and the 7150 has more reflection than the Sharp (it appears to be matte). We were confused because the Sharp never came up in all my research and comparisons for the 70+ size LEDs. I had to go do more research.

I'm picky (or at least thought I was until I read this thread) but most of our viewing habits are FIOS or my NAS, we don't watch any physical media anymore. My current Yamaha up converts and does a great job on the DLP, we're pleased. I want accurate colors, no pixilation, no motion blur, limited to no shadows - Easy config for the fairer half. And we want a wow factor. The Sharp Q+ (70UQ17U) had that in spades, but the matte screen wasn't as bright. This is where research and gut reaction collide.

Like I said I just went through this entire thread and I cannot say for sure where the 75" 7150 falls in the AVS acknowledged OCD crowd. Everyone had different perceptions based on prior experience, but it "sounds" like conventional wisdom on this 75" screen is that it can be tweaked to wow for color and motion, that the screen lottery is for the 65", and that I will not regret my purchase - but there will be reflection from sunny windows (florida + floor to ceiling glass = tv killer). Frankly, I don't think anybody gushed over the new 7150.

All of the un65h7150's I've seen have samsung panels(specifically the TH01 panels). I think it's the 55's and 60's that are part of the panel lottery.

The sharp has a semi matte screen, your blacks won't be as black and it does have the tendency to take away the depth of an image resulting in a flat looking picture.

I own a sony 52xbr4, a Sammy un65h7150, and a sharp that I can't remember the model number. For my tastes the Sammy has better color and had better options for calibration. The only drawbacks with Samsung for me is the glitchy firmware(1110.4) and the customer service. Also if you plan on hooking a computer up (I have a Mac mini hooked to mine) color replication is amazing when using the DVI PC setting.

It does come down to preference though. Just a few thoughts
post #620 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22 View Post
Has anyone been able to grab a screen shot of the "green lines" problem? I think it might help sort this problem out and prove we aren't crazy. Thanks
I suppose it's possible, but highly unlikely. They happen randomly, and , in my case, they are very, very fast. I don't know how one would time the photo. I don't see it that often either. I guess you could record a video, and hope you'd catch one.
Mark
post #621 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonwhiskey View Post
How do you find the panel code? Is it part of the serial number? Can someone give me a sample code?
Hey carbon whiskey, If you are looking at the back of the tv, on the right side you'll see the samsung info sticker. On that sticker it has the date your tv was manufactured, the serial number and panel model along with a bunch of other info. The serial number is on the farthest right part of the sticker, it runs perpendicular to the other info on the sticker. A couple lines above the serial number is your panel model. It runs the same way as the serial number.
post #622 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blznweels View Post

Is this typical for the 7150?
post #623 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Hey carbon whiskey, If you are looking at the back of the tv, on the right side you'll see the samsung info sticker. On that sticker it has the date your tv was manufactured, the serial number and panel model along with a bunch of other info. The serial number is on the farthest right part of the sticker, it runs perpendicular to the other info on the sticker. A couple lines above the serial number is your panel model. It runs the same way as the serial number.
Thank you!
post #624 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
What is your backlight and brightness set at? And what is that grey box?
post #625 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 04:03 AM

Quote:
What is your backlight and brightness set at? And what is that grey box?
I found those pics in the thread. Don't own the tv yet. Just wondering if it is common to have flash lighting. I thought my old lg was bad...
post #626 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Mine doesn't have that...
post #627 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezwatts View Post

When we got to hhgregg they had all of them up on the stands and the 7150 wasn't presenting well at all (plus they were showing broadcast quality on RGB of World Cup as their demo). Frankly, I don't think anybody gushed over the new 7150.

All it would take is one wrong setting on a display TV to make the set "look bad."
For example, setting picture to Movie Mode without adjusting other settings. Who knows if the bad Samsung
setting were off? There's no way to tell unless you actually have used the menus and adjustments.

I saw a "bad" set at the HHGreg and asked the salesman what the problem was. He pulled set out and plugged the HDMI
cable in all the way. He also mentioned not all sets have the same "feed."
post #628 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 06:20 AM

Quote:
All of the un65h7150's I've seen have samsung panels(specifically the TH01 panels). I think it's the 55's and 60's that are part of the panel lottery.

The sharp has a semi matte screen, your blacks won't be as black and it does have the tendency to take away the depth of an image resulting in a flat looking picture.

I own a sony 52xbr4, a Sammy un65h7150, and a sharp that I can't remember the model number. For my tastes the Sammy has better color and had better options for calibration. The only drawbacks with Samsung for me is the glitchy firmware(1110.4) and the customer service. Also if you plan on hooking a computer up (I have a Mac mini hooked to mine) color replication is amazing when using the DVI PC setting.

It does come down to preference though. Just a few thoughts
Thanks all for the feedback. I have a single HDMI from my media center to the TV, but will likely use the USB player for some of our HD movies we shot on my Canon if I have NAS problems. We did notice the artifacts you mention caused by the matte, the reason the un75h7150is top on our list is the vibrant color. Oddly at this hhgregg the TV's are buried in the back but the front of the store is all glass facing due west - sun streams directly to the TV area. So we had a good chance to see effects of bright room on the tvs (usually they put them back in a dark room).
post #629 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
All it would take is one wrong setting on a display TV to make the set "look bad."
For example, setting picture to Movie Mode without adjusting other settings. Who knows if the bad Samsung
setting were off? There's no way to tell unless you actually have used the menus and adjustments.

I saw a "bad" set at the HHGreg and asked the salesman what the problem was. He pulled set out and plugged the HDMI
cable in all the way. He also mentioned not all sets have the same "feed."
Yes, we have since gone back (armed with info from this thread) and found that the Sammy's had ECO turned on, manager didn't know why.

I normally buy online, but this weekend we'll execute on the 75H7150 locally at TigerDirect given that lingering doubt of product quality caused by this thread. I am cautiously optimistic. I don't watch TV, just the content that is playing on it, so we shall see.
post #630 of 1298 Old 06-17-2014, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 27
hello, Just bought a 65" 7150 and it has a th01 panel..

Anyone have a great picture and willing to share their settings.

Thanks
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page