Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 24 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #691 of 1567 Old 06-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Member
 
BarryNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwald View Post
I've seen two answers to this and they won't work for me. I have the 65" 7100 from Costco and the bottom plastic is stuck between the black and silver frames on the bottom. It can be pulled off the bottom edge but then it just sticks out from the border between silver and black. It cannot be pulled out by hand or tweezer. It looks to me like the only possible way to remove it is to cut the whole length of it at the bottom with a razor blade. That is crazy. Is that how everyone else has removed it?
What worked for me is to start taking off the plastic near the middle "Samsung" logo. A few inches on either side of the logo so its just sticking out from the border as you described. Then go to the extreme left or right edge and use your fingernail to start lifting the very end edge of the plastic wrap, you will only be able to get it off maybe 1/4 inch or even less. Grab that part with tweezers and pull it "out and up" across the rest of the TV.
BarryNS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #692 of 1567 Old 06-26-2014, 04:31 AM
Member
 
insanitormang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaulc View Post
@insanitormang,

I have the H6300 and have been monitoring this thread for news on the green bar flashing problem and saw your post about the dimming.

Through trial and error I found that the picture mode must be set to MOVIE and eco settings off. Any other picture mode and the dimming occurs. This happens across the current range of Samsung models that I tested in stores. My brother-in-law has last year's model and his also behaves the same way.

Hope this helps...
Yes, you are correct, Movie mode works to eliminate the auto-dimming, which is weird. I just wrote down all my settings I had in Standard and applied them to Movie. It sucks for video games though because I use Game Mode which is forced to use Standard picture which includes the dimming. Why in the world would Samsung force energy saving features at all? Definitely my biggest peeve with this HDTV so far. Changing an input to PC also restricts color control so I cannot get exactly what I want out of an input.
insanitormang is offline  
post #693 of 1567 Old 06-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Senior Member
 
chiptouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lee's Summit, MO - Suburb of KC
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Can anyone post a link to the best calibration settings? My brother just bought this tv and I would like to set him up with some good calibration settings.


Thanks.


Chip

Argyl Home Theater - Indefinitely Delayed

My Movie Library - and still growing!

Family Room: Sharp LC-80uq17u + Denon 3808ci + Oppo 93, Speakers: C: Polk CSi-A6, F(L+R): Polk Rti-A7, S(R+RS) Polk TC60i, Sub: HSU – VTF3-MK4
chiptouz is online now  
post #694 of 1567 Old 06-27-2014, 12:13 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
Can anyone post a link to the best calibration settings? My brother just bought this tv and I would like to set him up with some good calibration settings.


Thanks.


Chip

+1

Mine will be arriving Monday.


Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro
yyhd is offline  
post #695 of 1567 Old 06-27-2014, 04:31 AM
Member
 
JoeC8080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: central Florida
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
Can anyone post a link to the best calibration settings? My brother just bought this tv and I would like to set him up with some good calibration settings.


Thanks.


Chip
I'm also looking around for adjustments. I found this link and will give it a try this weekend.
Has anyone tried these settings?

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...-settings.html

I've found the Standard Mode too bright and now trying Movie Mode.

Also, here's another link with Q & A...

http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/samsung/h7150

There are older posts on settings in this thread. I'm going to give those a try too.
yyhd likes this.
JoeC8080 is offline  
post #696 of 1567 Old 06-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone noticed any green lines with the new firmware version 1113??
Timminit is offline  
post #697 of 1567 Old 06-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
jandron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
The green lines have stopped for me, I've had the 65" version for about three weeks, nothing to do with firmware updates (still on 1110). I'm still trying to decide whether to keep it, and I'm running out of time to return it. It's incredibly sharp and bright, i just can't get faces to look right all the time. I've really disliked most of the settings I've found, they seem to take a perfectly good TV and make the picture look like an old postcard. Dull, fuzzy, and washed out. Lovely.
jandron is offline  
post #698 of 1567 Old 06-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
Saints's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandron View Post
The green lines have stopped for me, I've had the 65" version for about three weeks, nothing to do with firmware updates (still on 1110). I'm still trying to decide whether to keep it, and I'm running out of time to return it. It's incredibly sharp and bright, i just can't get faces to look right all the time. I've really disliked most of the settings I've found, they seem to take a perfectly good TV and make the picture look like an old postcard. Dull, fuzzy, and washed out. Lovely.
+1 I haven't seen the green lines in weeks. As far as settings I have found that this tv needs very little adjustments. I keep mine in standard and adjust from there which is backing down on the backlight a little and turning off any Eco or black level settings. At times it is a little bright and colorful, but I've decided in the last few years that's what I want. I consider tv a form of entertainment so I like it to pop and be exaggerated a bit. All of the settings I have found on line have not helped me, but everyone's rooms, preferences are different so try them out, it's easy enough to revert if you don't like them.

Life is hard, be harder.
Saints is online now  
post #699 of 1567 Old 06-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Member
 
JoeC8080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: central Florida
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Any opinions on these calibration settings?

http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd...h7150/settings

Also, I'm torn between Movie Mode and Standard Mode as which gives a better overall picture.
The above link adds another setting to try out.

What are your opinions on their (rtings.com) settings?
JoeC8080 is offline  
post #700 of 1567 Old 06-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Member
 
scoe141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC8080 View Post
Any opinions on these calibration settings?

http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd...h7150/settings

Also, I'm torn between Movie Mode and Standard Mode as which gives a better overall picture.
The above link adds another setting to try out.

What are your opinions on their (rtings.com) settings?
Hey Joe-

Congrats on the new TV! I personally use standard mode, as I feel movie mode doesn't allow the picture to pop like I'd want it to. Again this is just my opinion. There are tons of people who use movie mode. I'd try both settings and see what looks best to you.

I didn't do too much to mine. Here are my settings as a reference point. Hope they help and good luck!

Picture preset: Standard

Backlight: 14
Contrast: 90
Brightness: 48
Sharpness: 40 (I believe... I recently changed it from 22)
Color: 54
Tint: G50/G50
Picture size: 16:9

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast: Low
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Color Space: Native
10p White balance: Off
Gamma: 0
Motion Lighting: Off

Picture Options

Color tone: Standard
Digital Clean View: Auto
MPEG Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black level Low
Film Mode Auto1
Auto Motion Plus: Clear
Cinema Black: Off or Low.
scoe141 is offline  
post #701 of 1567 Old 06-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Member
 
dja2189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok I have a few question. 1st question I have is, where can I see all the pictures from this thread that everyone posted? It used to be on the right side but now it's not there anymore? 2nd question I have is, does everyone like this TV overall if you are OCD about your tv? Is there bad light bleeding and clouding? 3rd question is, how do you post a thread on this forum? I have no idea how to do it anymore since they changed the layout of this site? Please help! Also, what is the best LED out right now that is less then 2,000 out right now? Thanks!!!!!
dja2189 is offline  
post #702 of 1567 Old 06-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Member
 
talljerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandron View Post
The green lines have stopped for me, I've had the 65" version for about three weeks, nothing to do with firmware updates (still on 1110). I'm still trying to decide whether to keep it, and I'm running out of time to return it. It's incredibly sharp and bright, i just can't get faces to look right all the time. I've really disliked most of the settings I've found, they seem to take a perfectly good TV and make the picture look like an old postcard. Dull, fuzzy, and washed out. Lovely.
firmware updates 1113 seems to be ok
talljerry is offline  
post #703 of 1567 Old 06-28-2014, 10:13 PM
Member
 
JoeC8080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: central Florida
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoe141 View Post
Hey Joe-

Congrats on the new TV! I personally use standard mode, as I feel movie mode doesn't allow the picture to pop like I'd want it to. Again this is just my opinion. There are tons of people who use movie mode. I'd try both settings and see what looks best to you.

I didn't do too much to mine. Here are my settings as a reference point. Hope they help and good luck!

Picture preset: Standard

Backlight: 14
Contrast: 90
Brightness: 48
Sharpness: 40 (I believe... I recently changed it from 22)
Color: 54
Tint: G50/G50
Picture size: 16:9

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast: Low
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Color Space: Native
10p White balance: Off
Gamma: 0
Motion Lighting: Off

Picture Options

Color tone: Standard
Digital Clean View: Auto
MPEG Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black level Low
Film Mode Auto1
Auto Motion Plus: Clear
Cinema Black: Off or Low.
I agree that Movie Mode just doesn't look that good. I've tried to dial it in and it's just a bit dull, and black levels decrease. Standard Mode works great on this set (Samsung panel). I did have some "screen door effect" on some darker scenes. Digital Clean View fixed it! I cannot believe how well that setting worked. I have it set to Auto. This setting dramatically improved scenes in Breaking Bad and the first Terminator movie.

I'll post my settings soon. They are close to your settings. I have no noticeable light bleed or clouding.
JoeC8080 is offline  
post #704 of 1567 Old 06-29-2014, 05:25 AM
Member
 
psu85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Pa
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I have been looking at the 8550 for a while but I am now thinking I may just get the 7150. Has it been established that the 65" version usually or always has the Samsung TH01 Panel? Thanks.
psu85 is offline  
post #705 of 1567 Old 06-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Member
 
goke313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
considering the 65 inch.....would like to play mkv files
found the following review on it's mkv playback via USB
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2732PF...SIN=B00ID2HIJS


how is it?????
goke313 is offline  
post #706 of 1567 Old 06-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Member
 
dja2189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2189 View Post
Ok I have a few question. 1st question I have is, where can I see all the pictures from this thread that everyone posted? It used to be on the right side but now it's not there anymore? 2nd question I have is, does everyone like this TV overall if you are OCD about your tv? Is there bad light bleeding and clouding? 3rd question is, how do you post a thread on this forum? I have no idea how to do it anymore since they changed the layout of this site? Please help! Also, what is the best LED out right now that is less then 2,000 out right now? Thanks!!!!!
Can someone answer these questions please!!!!!!!!!!!
dja2189 is offline  
post #707 of 1567 Old 06-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Newbie
 
chezwatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thumbs up

Just picked up the UN75H7150 at Tiger Direct this weekend. Very excited. Haven't bothered with setting much because when I powered up it was queuing for 2hrs to download and apply updates. Hate dynamic and Natural, like Standard, not too enthusiastic about Movie. For now I have taken standard, turned off all of the eco and dimming and set dynamic picture to medium. So I'm on Movie with less flat dull colors. From what I can tell after about 48 hrs of playing, all of the settings on the first picture page do not have significant effects, they are "micro tuners". The big effects come from the advanced menu with color palette and color mode. We shift between Standard and Movie. It is the skin tones that are bugging us, otherwise would stay with Standard. World Cup in EPSN HD was awesome in Natural but I know the trucks on site are pushing certain temps.


I've started documenting the settings in the four standard modes and will arrive at a good solution. So far we are absotively thrilled. We kept going "wow, that's amazing".


Yes, to preempt the question, my TV is a TS01 screen and I have flashlighting in all four corners. I only notice flashlighting when there is nothing on the screen (as opposed to a dark scene), so to this point I am not particularly concerned.


The TV shipped with all ECO turned off except for that motion by dimming stuff in Standard.


I work in broadcast TV and media and have had several of the engineering types recommend this TV and all of them recommended the technical calibration tools as well. Will see if the tools work with my spider or must get another sensor.


http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre-hcfr/hcfr-colormeter/


http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/948496-avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration.html


http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457
chezwatts is offline  
post #708 of 1567 Old 06-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Newbie
 
chezwatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryNS View Post
What worked for me is to start taking off the plastic near the middle "Samsung" logo. A few inches on either side of the logo so its just sticking out from the border as you described. Then go to the extreme left or right edge and use your fingernail to start lifting the very end edge of the plastic wrap, you will only be able to get it off maybe 1/4 inch or even less. Grab that part with tweezers and pull it "out and up" across the rest of the TV.

I knew going in that this was a problem because of the early buyers, so for me it was easy, exacto blade into the crevasse and the plastic came away perfectly.


Thanks for the heads up.
chezwatts is offline  
post #709 of 1567 Old 06-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Member
 
JoeC8080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: central Florida
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoe141 View Post
Hey Joe-

Congrats on the new TV! I personally use standard mode, as I feel movie mode doesn't allow the picture to pop like I'd want it to. Again this is just my opinion. There are tons of people who use movie mode. I'd try both settings and see what looks best to you.
As I mentioned, my setting are close to yours.

Picture

Backlight 8
Contrast 100
Brightness 45
Sharpness 45
Color 53
Tint 0 or middle...

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast Low
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
RGB Only Mode Off
Color Space Native
Gamma 0

Picture Options

Color Tone Warm 1
Digital Clean View Auto
MPEG Noise Filter Off
HDMI Black Level Low
Film Mode Off
Auto Motion Plus Off
Cinema Black Low

----

The Digital Clean View worked on getting rid of "screen door effect" which was minimal to begin with and only on some scenes.

(TH01 panel)

Last edited by JoeC8080; 06-29-2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: added TH01 panel
JoeC8080 is offline  
post #710 of 1567 Old 06-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Member
 
talljerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
how well dose the Samsung VG-STC4000 Camera work on the UNxxH7150?
talljerry is offline  
post #711 of 1567 Old 06-29-2014, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bhambrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chelsea, AL
Posts: 1,240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by psu85 View Post
So I have been looking at the 8550 for a while but I am now thinking I may just get the 7150. Has it been established that the 65" version usually or always has the Samsung TH01 Panel? Thanks.
I had an 65" 8550 and ended up returning it and getting the 65" 7150 (BB Open Box) after I heard a lot of ppl on the 8550 thread talking about it. The 8550 is a great tv but seems half baked to me. I had a lot of issues which I now believe were all software bugs. I also had a difficult time going from a 240hz to 120hz. I am planning on picking up a 4k next year and I would expect it to be a little more refined.

I really like this tv. If you mess with all of the settings, you can make the picture pop. This picture is comparable to my 2011 55" 8000 series that I absolutely love. If you can get a great price on the 7150 and bank the rest for a future 4k set, I think you will be happy. The 7150 was very buggy but the last update has fixed them all so far. I have the TH01 panel.
psu85 likes this.
bhambrad is offline  
post #712 of 1567 Old 06-30-2014, 02:26 AM
Member
 
psu85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Pa
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrad View Post
I had an 65" 8550 and ended up returning it and getting the 65" 7150 (BB Open Box) after I heard a lot of ppl on the 8550 thread talking about it. The 8550 is a great tv but seems half baked to me. I had a lot of issues which I now believe were all software bugs. I also had a difficult time going from a 240hz to 120hz. I am planning on picking up a 4k next year and I would expect it to be a little more refined.

I really like this tv. If you mess with all of the settings, you can make the picture pop. This picture is comparable to my 2011 55" 8000 series that I absolutely love. If you can get a great price on the 7150 and bank the rest for a future 4k set, I think you will be happy. The 7150 was very buggy but the last update has fixed them all so far. I have the TH01 panel.

Hey Thanks, I'm starting to think along the same lines maybe get this TV now and look at 4K TV's in a year or two.
psu85 is offline  
post #713 of 1567 Old 06-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Member
 
BarryNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Originally my plan was to hang on for a 4K set in another year or two, but the old and tired original lamp in my JVC RPTV finally went "pop" after about two years from when the lamp life warning message first came up, and along with it I had been dealing with gradually decreasing brightness and contrast. It just so happened the Samsung 7100 series sets all went on sale at some local retailers the same week, so I got my 65" 7150 at a $500 discount. Very happy with this set and it is indeed a quantum leap in picture quality from what I now realize I was suffering through with the tired old lamp in the 56" JVC. Have yet to play around with even the 3D stuff let alone the networked "smart TV" functions and features, and the only settings I have tinkered with so far are the brightness (eliminated 95% of the subtle flashlighting I had on the left corners) and the clear motion settings. The clear motion settings are a bit fussy - whether it is even needed or not, or which level gets rid of the soap opera effects and the odd instantaneous "freeze frame" occurrences I spot - seems to depend on the source, and by that I mean whether or not I am going direct to the TV on HMDI-1 from my sat receiver, or via my Yamaha AV receiver on HDMI-2. Even then on the same input I will sometimes rewind the program and watch a segment again where I spotted some funkiness in the image, make some tweaks and it is gone, but then when I watch it again the next day with the same settings, sometimes (but not always) it's back. I chalk this up to the sat receiver source, since it never happens on bluray fed from the PS3 into the Yamaha and on to the TV. Chances are this was there all the time on the sat source but the degraded picture I was getting from the JVC set (and somewhat smaller screen size) probably conspired to hide it from my vision.
BarryNS is offline  
post #714 of 1567 Old 06-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Member
 
fixerdrew02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just came back home from my week long honeymoon and found my TV turning itself off and on. Who knows how long it's been doing that, but there's no way to control it. It will turn on to the SmartTV logo, go to the smart TV icons and remain there for 10-15 seconds and then reset itself. If the receiver is on, I will get picture for that duration. Neither the remotes control it. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in without any changes.

Called Samsung and someone will need to come out and service the TV.

Awesome.
fixerdrew02 is offline  
post #715 of 1567 Old 06-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Member
 
dja2189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok I have a few question. 1st question I have is, where can I see all the pictures from this thread that everyone posted? It used to be on the right side but now it's not there anymore? 2nd question I have is, does everyone like this TV overall if you are OCD about your tv? Is there bad light bleeding and clouding? 3rd question is, how do you post a thread on this forum? I have no idea how to do it anymore since they changed the layout of this site? Please help! Also, what is the best LED out right now that is less then 2,000 out right now? Thanks!!!!!
dja2189 is offline  
post #716 of 1567 Old 07-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Member
 
fixerdrew02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Update: I created a Samsung repair ticket yesterday and called the Authorized Repair Center that was indicated in the f/u Samsung email. The repair guy told me that Samsung is wanting everyone to update a part on the TV as this (i.e., infinitely turning on/off) is a known problem. Unfortunately, the part is in L.A. and won't be available in Chicago until early next week.

I told him about the "green line" problem that was occurring prior to the current, fatal problem I have and he said they are likely related but really didn't have any further information on that.

So, sometime next week the repair service will come out and replace the part for me and hopefully my TV will be back up and running. *fingers crossed*

Hope you all don't run into this problem, but if you do you know what to do. Get it fixed.
fixerdrew02 is offline  
post #717 of 1567 Old 07-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just ordered 65H7150 HHGreg

First Post. Just ordered unit from HH Greg for $1997. It arrives Thursday for set up. Replacing an 13 yr old Sony 55" HD Rear projection that blew convergence. I could fix with a couple of parts and soldering, but decided to buy new. After reading this entire thread (24 pages) I am not sure I did the right thing. Issues with networking, lousy images, green lines and flashes, flashlighting, black crush, awful color make me suspect that I will just have to send it back and fix the old TV.

I will be connecting to a HD Fios box and possibly a Wii. No Blu-Ray and maybe netflix. Wife watches sit-coms and I watch an occasional movie.

Is anyone really happy with the TV?
sliderule01 is offline  
post #718 of 1567 Old 07-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Member
 
scoe141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliderule01 View Post
First Post. Just ordered unit from HH Greg for $1997. It arrives Thursday for set up. Replacing an 13 yr old Sony 55" HD Rear projection that blew convergence. I could fix with a couple of parts and soldering, but decided to buy new. After reading this entire thread (24 pages) I am not sure I did the right thing. Issues with networking, lousy images, green lines and flashes, flashlighting, black crush, awful color make me suspect that I will just have to send it back and fix the old TV.

I will be connecting to a HD Fios box and possibly a Wii. No Blu-Ray and maybe netflix. Wife watches sit-coms and I watch an occasional movie.

Is anyone really happy with the TV?
I have both the 46" UN46H7150 and I absolutely love it. I viewed other TV's from Wally World, Best Buy and did extensive reviews. For the price range, IMO there is no better television option. Sure I could have spent another grand and went with a 4k but at this point it's just not practical. That being said let me address some of your concerns:

networking: I've had no issues whatsoever with this TV and networking. (Unless the router has issues.) But mine is connected via network cable into a powerline adapter. Movies via Amazon play fine (even in HD).

lousy images. Not sure where you heard or read this, but if this TV has a lousy image then other TV's on the market must be junk.

Green lines: resolved.

flashlighting: present but minimal and not an annoyance. Besides, afaik must LED tv's have this.

awful color: ??? Can't even respond to this.

Black crush: The blacks are great IMO. No issues there.

I hope this has quelled any concerns. I absolutely love my TV and the people I show can't believe it either. I did some minor calibrating but not much. I have zero regrets and feel it was worth every penny.

Let us know what you think.
scoe141 is offline  
post #719 of 1567 Old 07-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Member
 
dja2189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoe141 View Post
I have both the 46" UN46H7150 and I absolutely love it. I viewed other TV's from Wally World, Best Buy and did extensive reviews. For the price range, IMO there is no better television option. Sure I could have spent another grand and went with a 4k but at this point it's just not practical. That being said let me address some of your concerns:

networking: I've had no issues whatsoever with this TV and networking. (Unless the router has issues.) But mine is connected via network cable into a powerline adapter. Movies via Amazon play fine (even in HD).

lousy images. Not sure where you heard or read this, but if this TV has a lousy image then other TV's on the market must be junk.

Green lines: resolved.

flashlighting: present but minimal and not an annoyance. Besides, afaik must LED tv's have this.

awful color: ??? Can't even respond to this.

Black crush: The blacks are great IMO. No issues there.

I hope this has quelled any concerns. I absolutely love my TV and the people I show can't believe it either. I did some minor calibrating but not much. I have zero regrets and feel it was worth every penny.

Let us know what you think.
I have a couple of questions, how were the green line resolved and also where do you see the flashlighting? Is it in the corners or in the middle of the screen? I have the PN51F8500 and although the picture is amazing, the TV doesn't look as nice and I can hear some buzzing from behind the TV, I have till Friday to exchange it for another TV if I want. Let me know, thanks.
dja2189 is offline  
post #720 of 1567 Old 07-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Member
 
scoe141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2189 View Post
I have a couple of questions, how were the green line resolved and also where do you see the flashlighting? Is it in the corners or in the middle of the screen? I have the PN51F8500 and although the picture is amazing, the TV doesn't look as nice and I can hear some buzzing from behind the TV, I have till Friday to exchange it for another TV if I want. Let me know, thanks.
Myself and several other owners that I've read haven't noticed it in many viewing hours. (And from what I've read since Samsung's last firmware update.)

The "flashlighting" is around the perimeter of the screen. It's not horrible, but noticeable, especially if you have the light off. It's more prominent at the sides more than anything.

As for the looks and buzzing, I love the looks of it. Mine is wall mounted and looks great. I don't hear any buzzing.

Im certainly not trying to sell you on the Samsung, I just think some of the concerns and claims people make are a bit outlandish. If any of them are in fact true, they can fixed or corrected. I believe if this TV was in fact living up to those claims, there would be more negative reviews on it. And I for one wouldnt own it.

I hope you find a tv that best suits you, whatever it may be! Please let me know if I could be of more help.

Best,
scoe141 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off